Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? (23211 Views)

Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Rick9(m): 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
The poster above me ah u should have waited na Ah.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by omonnakoda: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jesus was a wine maker

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
I've answered this question four times already. Abegi, stop disturbing us when you know the answer.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Not an issue shocked
There is so much joblessness in this country...
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by tonychristopher: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
TELL HIM TO GIVE ME THE JOB, WORKING IN ALCHOHOL FIRM IS THE SAFEST JOB, I GET HIGH, PEOPLE HIGH AND THE COMPANY WONT LACK SALES AND YOUR JOB WILL BE SAFE

CHRISTIANITY DOESNT CONDEMN ALCHOHOL, NA ISLAM DID THAT PRETENTIOUSLY BUIT THEY STILL GET HIGH

GO AND POPE SEFF FIT WORK FOR VODKA FIRM

ME I TALK MY OWN

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Btruth: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Acts 10:9-16.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by tonychristopher: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rick9:
The poster above me ah u should have waited na Ah.

Again, Scripture does not forbid Christians from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol. Alcohol is not, in and of itself, tainted by sin. It is drunkenness and addiction to alcohol that a Christian must absolutely refrain from (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 6:12).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
Why did he apply if he wasn't ready to take up the job ?

Akuko.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hyoocrisy is what I detest

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by AAinEqGuinea: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
omonnakoda:
Jesus was a wine maker

John 2:1-11 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

So enjoy free samples of your labors, Pastor cool
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by JI4D(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
We are recruiting massively for Interns in Abuja for the following roles:
- Administrative Assistants
- I.T Assistants
- Customer Service Assistants and;
- Sales Assistants
To apply, please send your CV to ruth@ji4d.org and indicate what role you are applying. Write the role and the city as the subject of your email. That is: "Role(Abuja)"
Application closes 2 weeks from today.
Remember, Internships give you 60% opportunity to access full-time jobs.

For more info call 08024713322
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

Again, Scripture does not forbid Christians from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol. Alcohol is not, in and of itself, tainted by sin. It is drunkenness and addiction to alcohol that a Christian must absolutely refrain from (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 6:12).
See how you flaunt your foolishness and ignorance
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by tonychristopher: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
Even though some Christians advocate for the total abstinence of alcohol as a moral mandate for all believers, the Bible never requires all believers to abstain from alcohol. It condemns drunkenness and being enslaved to wine (Ephesians 5:18; Titus 2:3), but it never says that tee-totaling is the better way to obey God. In fact, the Bible never says that abstaining from alcohol is the wisest way to avoid getting drunk. Think about it. Alcoholism has been rampant through every age, but the Bible never says that all believers should therefore refrain from drinking.
If Christians want to forbid all alcohol consumption to avoid drunkenness, then to be consistent, they should also avoid making a lot of money to guard against the crushing sin of materialism and the misuse of wealth.

If Christians want to forbid all alcohol consumption to avoid drunkenness, then to be consistent, they should also avoid making a lot of money to guard against the crushing sin of materialism and the misuse of wealth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ukandu!!! that pastor must be extra filled with the Holy Spirit cool but wait o! what about ppl who av been working there all these while. are they not member of one church? some even pay tithes and are in various units in churches. think about this Funny world

1 Like

Strongfaze:
As a pastor no but as a church goer, or bench warmer yes he can go for the job. RCCG no dey pay their pastors enough ne?
why? is God partial in judgment? was the Bible written for only pastors?. what is good is good and what is bad is bad. If pastors shouldn't work there same applies to members.

1 Like

jnrbayano:
Is it right for Jesus to turn water into wine?

The answer is same

So what's your suggestions? cheesy
Should she take the job, or Continue to form HOLY NWEJE under unemployment?
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by igbsam(m): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
RobinHez:

Hey brother, the wine being referred to is the one gotten from grape fruit (called grape juice), the same type used in the last supper, and not the alcoholic drink u think!
Thanks.

were u there to know it was grape juice wine or did the bible mention the particular type of wine it is ? In alll bible references, from david down to the new testament, wine intoxicate and the bible strongly condemns drinking it to the extent of getting drunk. so wine mentioned in the bible does have contents of alcohol.

Thank you very mush

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by tonychristopher: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
See how I flaunt my parents foolishness and ignorance

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
[b][/b]
masterchi:
a pastor shouldnt work there not everyone will understand. all things are lawful but not all things are expedient. If taking a food will make my brother fail paul said he will rather not take it for the sake of the brethren who is weak in faith. Alcohol factory isnt for you a pastor.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
It is wrong islamically..no excuse on that.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
igbsam:

were u there to know it was grape juice wine or did the bible mention the particular type of wine it is ? In alll bible references, from david down to the new testament, wine intoxicate and the bible strongly condemns drinking it to the extent of getting drunk. so wine mentioned in the bible does have contents of alcohol.

Thank you very mush
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by izu777: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
There is noting wrong with that

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
akthedream:
It is wrong islamically..no excuse on that.

What about the abuse of drugs? Especially codeine, super glue? In the north?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by KesterG: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
The pastor nids 2 b high in order 2 perform his fake anointing. So after consuming enough liquor he will be able 2 decieve members. ...Strictly 4 those u seek miracle working centres, d adverse effect of a drunken pastor is wht u receive as annointing.
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by kobonaire(m): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jesus first miracle was to turn water into wine so A beg, Mr Pastor carry on .... and bring one bottle for me grin
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by justi4jesu(f): 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Imanuelle:
Why did he aplly if he wasn't ready to take up the job ?

Akuko.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by JayJustus(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
the Christian faith is against alcoholism NOT alcohol...turn Bible upside down Una try
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by kasniga(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
If its not right for a pastor 2 work in an organisation that produces alcohol....it should equally be wrong for pastors to recieve tithe from people that work their....
RobinHez:
Not only pastors, but christians! Its not right!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Akynzodeighbour(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
He should please give me the Job....
Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by Amy11(f): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
I don't get what the issue of determination is here...

That he will start workin in a brewery does not make him a sinful person neither does it make him an alcoholic.

People ehn!!! Is he sayin he does not fornicate

Hypocrites everywhere.... undecided

Please don't judge him, if you're not faithful and fornicate, or you know ppl that do that doesn't mean the next person does same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? by landonkenny02(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
Pastor should not be found working there.It is wrong , God will provide another work infact better one. He shouldnt be desperate. If God is involved He will provide better work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence / Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.