Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated (45699 Views)

Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by chimsimdindu: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Umuahia – The results of Saturday’s governorship election in Abia stalemated midway following the reversal of the cancellation of three local governments results by the Returning Officer, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba.

Ozumba had announced the cancellation of results from Osisioma, Obingwa and Isialangwa North Local Government Areas on the grounds of “incontrovertible evidence of violence’’ and reports from international observers.

The returning office reversed the decision after Gov. Theodore Orji-led chieftains of PDP consulted with the Resident Electoral Officer (REC), Prof. Selina Oko and Ozumba.

Ozumba said the cancellation was reversed due to fresh information concerning the conduct of the election in the three council areas.

He said that polling centres with issues would be isolated and decisions taken on them later.
The polling agent of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Ahamdi Nweke, had questioned the rationale behind the decision by the returning officer to reverse his earlier pronouncement.

Nweke insisted that elections did not take place in Osisioma, adding that the party would not accept any result from the area.

He tendered a hand-written note reportedly signed by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Habila Joshak, indicating that electoral materials recovered from the bush in Osisioma were in the police custody.
Joshak, who was present at the centre, did not controvert the Nweke’s assertion.

Proceedings were later disrupted after an international observer, Ms Shirle Wilson, from Noble Leadership Initiative, United Kingdom, testified at the centre that “election did not take place in Osisioma’’.

Wison said that election in the area was marred by violence and snatching of ballot boxes and other electoral materials by hoodlums.

The pronouncement heightened tension at the centre, leading to the adjournment of further announcement of results.

The controversial result from Osisioma, which had earlier been announced, showed that PDP scored 42,442, while APGA polled 1017.

Meanwhile, results from 10 local government areas have so far been announced.

In his reaction, APGA governorship candidate Alex Otti described the governor’s appearance at the collation centre as “an abuse of power, designed to intimidate and exert undue influence on the electoral officials’’.

The governor was accompanied by the Minister of State for Defence, Rtd. Col. Austin Akobundu, PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, and Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, among others. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/abia-governorship-election-result-stalemated/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Vicaboy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
no going back.....we are OTTIFIED

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by lalasticlala(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Change is coming to Abia, whether T.A likes it or not.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by ELTON123(m): 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
If not OTI
just no dat this election has been rigged

orji must go

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by CR77(f): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Orji family most go

Abia State need CHANGE

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by tola9ja: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
HMMM

10 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Matttthew(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
When money speaks, u should differentiate..... He was firstly talking with his right sense until the governor polluted his senses n make him talk thru his anus.

Nigeria, kai

Where er we heading to....?

Bribing n corruption increase everyday, even in broad daylight.

APC won't also deny the fact that it also full of corrupt leaders.
I pray Buhari comes in quick n do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Dottore: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Really
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by tola9ja: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
PDP THUGS CAUSE IT

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Isiterere(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
msheew, wetin concern me with this?

I dey follow CHANGE train Waka everywhere.....

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by hardywaltz(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
PDP has been rejected in both Rivers and Abia but they always want to force themselves on the people.

Presidential Elections:
Kano State:
Reported violence by APC or PDP: NO
Reported Civilian Death:None
Reported Security personnel death: None
Result protested by any party: NO
Exit poll posted online: Yes
% turnout of eligible voters: 50.5%

Rivers State:
Reported violence by APC or PDP: Yes (APC and other parties)
Reported Civilian Death:several
Reported Security personnel death: several
Result protested by any party: all (except PDP)
Exit poll posted online: Never
% turnout of eligible voters: 80.1%

Gubernatorial Elections:
Kano State:
Reported violence by APC or PDP: NO
Reported Civilian Death:None
Reported Security personnel death: None
Result protested by any party: NO
Exit poll posted online: Yes
% turnout of eligible voters: <45.5%

Rivers State:
Reported violence by APC or PDP: Yes (APC and all other parties)
Reported Civilian Death:several
Reported Security personnel death: several
Result protested by any party: all (except PDP)
Exit poll posted online: None
% turnout of eligible voters: >83.1%

Compare and contrast for those of u who are asking why APC has refused to congratulate PDP in Rivers State

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by emjoe1: 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
i knew it
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Aspireahead(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
PDP has lost another state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Rawani: 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
This impunity should not be allowed to stand. People cannot continue to profit from lawlessness.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by mathskill: 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by DickDastardly(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jega! Jega!! Jega!!!
How many times i call you? angry
If you allow that unit of failure called T.A Orji to have his way, then we will ask Obama to retrieve that commendation letter he wrote you.
Btw, you would have messed up the good work you started.

GEJ please intercede by draging this T.A Orji with all his baggages away with you. We will take it as compensation for the 2nd Niger Bridge which is now gone with the wind.

OTTI till 2023 for ABIANs cool

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by emjoe1: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
i'm not surprised at all cos its clash of the titans
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by datola: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
Na wa for Eastern States and delayed election results
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Super1759: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Dear Jega,
I am writing this directly to you and only you. I have applauded your sincerity over time but I will be disappointed if the cry of the masses from Abia state will be swept underground under your look.I am begging you,I am appealing for you to do what you did for Rocha's last 4yrs and he won PDP. We need a rerun at most in those centers. Sir,please come and supervise with battalions of soldiers. Abia state is like a slave yard and have been pocketed by those PDP thief's.Sir,I trust that you won't let the masses down.
Thank you and God bless

I have never seen brainless people as Ngwas...see as TA orji set trap for them and they are all shouting he is our brother....blabla...abaribe who was deputy before, what did he do? All the ngwa top politicians, what are they doing? Fooooooolssss

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Henix(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
What does this so called T.A Orji still want, after 8 years of total failure? What exactly is the problem with most nigeria politicians? Is it just selfishness or a curse?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Yustash001(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
I thought they said APGA is winning...
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Williamso(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
The alliance between the Ibos and PDP is a match made in heaven. Abia should continue to enjoy PDP, T.A. Orji and his products; afterall they voted for him (senate) and his wife (Reps). His stooge should be no different when it comes to gubernatorial (and I believe his son will win in the state house)...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by pring: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
People like Theodore Orji, Wike and Patience Jonathan are disgrace to democracy.
Full breadth touts.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Blackchampion(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Same way PDP thugs attacked d ward wia i worked and carted away our Ballot boxes, including dat of my unit. Unfortunately 4 dem we hav written results b4 d came hence d cudn't get our results n card reader cos i gav dem to d APO 1 n sent him out immediately after announcing d results.
Finally, God saved me wen d accosted me n i dropped d ballot box 4 dem n ran 4 my dear life.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Dani4tech(m): 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lord pls...i'm tired of this situation where i have to pull off my shoes whenever it rains. angry May the best candidate win in Abia

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Alezy(m): 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
wait, zz it that PDP can't win election witout rigging?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by pring: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jonathan lead govt. made this failure, T A Orji a celebrity.
Imagine this clown forcing him self, wife and son on Abias.
This is a political tsunami.
Where is Attahiru Jega?
PDP is a disease.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Raiders: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ochendo
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
So who's the winner?
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by obicentlis: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
I've called inec office, told them about my special case of ballots boxes snatching in my polling unit 26, 27, 28, 29 in the same place at ward 4, Aba south lga.

I know the guys that did it, I can take anybody who cares to them. The shot in the air, every body ran aware, the took the election materials and zoomed off. I think the adhoc stAff are one of them.

This thing happened in the Aba metropolis and in several polling units.

Apga won Abia election

No right thinking Abian will vote anything PDP.

May I use this opportunity to report to the world on the security threats and time bomb waiting to happen which might be bigger than boko haram. T. A. Orji has boys, they don't work, no business, but the receive money from the govt . He gave them cars as youth empowerment as disguise but the are election thugs, the sell Indian hemps openly , you dare not challenge them cos the work for the government.

The have dangerous weapons. I wish the NSA can read this and act on it. I can prove it if called upon any time, any day.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Ewizard(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
#‎AbiaDecides‬
Inec is a total failure in Abia state, electoral malpractice @ d highest order. faulty card readers, fake ballot papers, absence of election materials, staffs and even security agents especially in d opposition strongholds. all masterminded by the incumbent government and its desperation to impose a widely rejected candidate on the people of abians. we are calling on prof.Jega set up a committee to investigate properly into this rape of democracy in abia state and also change all electoral officials from d highest officer to least ad hoc staff. dey are all corrupt and cheaply bought by the ruling parties to rig the polls.
Abians has decided and we know our next governor. and for the few units where election materials were available, the peoples choice recorded a landslide victory to further proof the total rejection of the ruling party by the bitter electorate who has been suffering from the devastating effects of bad leadership and misrule for the past 8yrs.

Abians has decided!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu / Bola Tinubu Arrives Ogbomoso, Oyo (Photos) / APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.