Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,662 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium (8894 Views)

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by jenny22: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
PLEASE ASAP
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by 19naia(m): 4:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Its a very good car if you buy a new one... Second hand can be a problem because after the first 3-5 years, they begin to need repair.. Repair is not as cheap and infrequent as Toyota, but the performace of Audi and its style of luxury is very top quality... Also they are very fuel efficient for the class of car... Audi likes to use small cylinder engines and then turbo charge them or tune them for high performance... Small cylinder means low fuel feed into combustion....
The only disadvantage is that you will repair an Audi more often than a Toyota and it may cost more to do so..If you are buying 2nd hand, dont be surprised if you will be repairing it within the first year.. They still remain strong and worthy road machines..
If you are buying a new 2015, it is possible to find other more reliable fuel efficient performance cars... But Audi has a style and performace quality that is very unique. Audi has the Quattro system available in its fleet. It is a very advanced all wheel drive system with built in traction and stability control. Very few car makers match the all wheel drive system Audi offers, only the likes Mercedes can compete. Check to see if the A4 you are interested in is Quattro drive, Quattro will serve well in rain soaked dirt roads, designed to hold the road even in ice and rain .. A4 has been popular for the 1.8 T engine which is small cylinder with advanced Turbo charge . The interior styling is quite tasteful and rare. Comparable only to classic quality german cars.. I am Not sure what new changes have come about in the latest models.. These days they are making revolutionary specification surprises every year..

6 Likes

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by uboma(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2015
@ r231, kindly move this thread to the Car-talk section for more professional responses from gurus like Siena who's a die-hard Audi fan.

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
I've just seen this thread, I'll be back shortly.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by sultaan(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
This el cheapo is looking at the fuel economy of a luxurious 4 cylinder and trying to compare it to a Camry I say he is looking at the wrong car if his comparison is a Camry.

Open if fuel economy is a problem you can't afford an Audi.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by peterjero(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
We
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
The Audi A4 comes in 4 generations:

Audi A4 B5 - 1995 - 2001.
Audi A4 B6 - 2001 - 2005.
Audi A4 B7 - 2005 - 2008.
Audi A4 B8 - 2008 - present.

Jenny, if you could give some idea which model year you're after, with engine size, drive and transmission type, it would really help.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by sultaan(m): 12:53am On Apr 14, 2015
OP

If you have the money it is a good car.It is more expensive than the Camry with better features.Fuel economy is good just be aware of the import duty before placing your order
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 3:02am On Apr 14, 2015
why are people comparing the A4 to a camry its kind of a more luxurious corolla better compared to a lexus IS
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Drgreatone: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ow abt a review of the 2nd generation audi a4 esp the non turbo engines, that car is a beauty to behold and has top marks for that, would u say the same concerning its reliability and performance
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2015
19naia:
Its a very good car if you buy a new one... Second hand can be a problem because after the first 3-5 years, they begin to need repair.. Repair is not as cheap and infrequent as Toyota, but the performace of Audi and its style of luxury is very top quality... Also they are very fuel efficient for the class of car... Audi likes to use small cylinder engines and then turbo charge them or tune them for high performance... Small cylinder means low fuel feed into combustion....
The only disadvantage is that you will repair an Audi more often than a Toyota and it may cost more to do so..If you are buying 2nd hand, dont be surprised if you will be repairing it within the first year.. They still remain strong and worthy road machines..
If you are buying a new 2015, it is possible to find other more reliable fuel efficient performance cars... But Audi has a style and performace quality that is very unique. Audi has the Quattro system available in its fleet. It is a very advanced all wheel drive system with built in traction and stability control. Very few car makers match the all wheel drive system Audi offers, only the likes Mercedes can compete. Check to see if the A4 you are interested in is Quattro drive, Quattro will serve well in rain soaked dirt roads, designed to hold the road even in ice and rain .. A4 has been popular for the 1.8 T engine which is small cylinder with advanced Turbo charge . The interior styling is quite tasteful and rare. Comparable only to classic quality german cars.. I am Not sure what new changes have come about in the latest models.. These days they are making revolutionary specification surprises every year..
With this plenty epistle you ended up confusing the Op, dude said it clearly that he is buying a direct Belgium why then you keep on emphasizing on new and second hand.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2015
aaidel:
why are people comparing the A4 to a camry its kind of a more luxurious corolla better compared to a lexus IS
You are not ashamed to mention Camry and Corolla in same sentence with the A4, smh

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2015
If you are concerned about fuel economy then get the 2003 A4 fitted 1.8L I-4 engine, AWD quattro, it churns out 170 @ 5,900 rpm flawlessly.
Very fuel efficient, 25 MPG: 21 City, 29 Hwy.
It is a great car and will keep your neigbours' eyes glue to your driveway.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by 19naia(m): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2015
chucky234:
With this plenty epistle you ended up confusing the Op, dude said it clearly that he is buying a direct Belgium why then you keep on emphasizing on new and second hand.

Does "Direct Belgium Buy" imply that it is new or used? Maybe i am not sure what that means...
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2015
19naia:

Does "Direct Belgium Buy" imply that it is new or used? Maybe i am not sure what that means...
Direct Belgium refers to foreign used cars popularly known as tokunbo in Nigeria, new refers to brand new while second hand or fairly used refers to pre-registered cars called Naija used.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2015
chucky234:
You are not ashamed to mention Camry and Corolla in same sentence with the A4, smh

no i am not and i still stand by the fact that there is really no basis for comparison between a camry and an A4,
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 6:43am On Apr 18, 2015
aaidel:

no i am not and i still stand by the fact that there is really no basis for comparison between a camry and an A4,
Which of the Camry are you referring to, don't tell me it is the same bland,shapeless and soulless car made by Toyota.

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 2:19am On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
Which of the Camry are you referring to, don't tell me it is the same bland,shapeless and soulless car made by Toyota.

yup it may be bland shapcaeless and soulless but its one of the best in its class a midsize economy sedan and you cant be comparing it with a small luxury sedan different cars targetted at different markets

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

yup it may be bland shapcaeless and soulless but its one of the best in its class a midsize economy sedan and you cant be comparing it with a small luxury sedan different cars targetted at different markets
The A4 maybe targeted at the entry sedan market but it is everything the Camry is not, a C-class and A4 will make Camry of same year look dumb.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by sultaan(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
The A4 maybe targeted at the entry sedan market but it is everything the Camry is not, a C-class and A4 will make Camry of same year look dumb.

And the owner....
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:

as far as i am concerned its apples and oranges the camry cannot be said to be an alternative to an A4 the C class, 3 series and IS would be better alternatives

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chidooh1: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pls, does anybody have audi A4 2003 edition? I'm interested in it.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

as far as i am concerned its apples and oranges the camry cannot be said to be an alternative to an A4 the C class, 3 series and IS would be better alternatives
Lexus IS ?
Mention the model year let's do the comparison and see where it takes us, the only Lexus that can push a German car to the brink is the LS which is a full size sedan in same category as Benz S. Class, BMW 7 series and Audi A8.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
sultaan:

And the owner....
The owner will always look confused at the sight of A4 let alone the A6.

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
Lexus IS ?
Mention the model year let's do the comparison and see where it takes us, the only Lexus that can push a German car to the brink is the LS which is a full size sedan in same category as Benz S. Class, BMW 7 series and Audi A8.

i dont understand what you are saying the IS was developed to compete with the C class, 3 series and A4 and is actually a very good alternative to the above mentioned cars. is it a better car? thats left to the buyer but is it a genuine alternative yes it is
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

i dont understand what you are saying the IS was developed to compete with the C class, 3 series and A4 and is actually a very good alternative to the above mentioned cars. is it a better car? thats left to the buyer but is it a genuine alternative yes it is
Yes the IS is Lexus' direct competitor to the A4, BMW 3series and Benz C class but that doesn't mean it can beat any of them head-head, base trim of the C class will have base trim IS for lunch anywhere and anytime.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
Yes the IS is Lexus' direct competitor to the A4, BMW 3series and Benz C class but that doesn't mean it can beat any of them head-head, base trim of the C class will have base trim IS for lunch anywhere and anytime.

like i said saying which is the better car is a subjective thing what you might like someone else might not and looking at online reviews some years of the IS were actually rated better than the C class but at least we are now on the same page not the A4 vs camry page lol
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

like i said saying which is the better car is a subjective thing what you might like someone else might not and looking at online reviews some years of the IS were actually rated better than the C class but at least we are now on the same page not the A4 vs camry page lol
Like I said in my first post which is the root of this argument, Camry might be a midsize sedan while the A4 is an entry level sedan but the A4 is everything the Camry will only dream of and shouldn't be mentioned in same sentence as you did in your first post.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
Like I said in my first post which is the root of this argument, Camry might be a midsize sedan while the A4 is an entry level sedan but the A4 is everything the Camry will only dream of and shouldn't be mentioned in same sentence as you did in your first post.

bros but in my first comment i only asked why the A4 was being compared to a Camry and if it needed to be compared to a Toyota product then the corolla or IS would be more suitable comparisons and besides even at that the Camry offers better fuel economy more space and is also cheaper to maintain than both the IS and A4 so not like it doesn't have its own strong points
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

bros but in my first comment i only asked why the A4 was being compared to a Camry and if it needed to be compared to a Toyota product then the corolla or IS would be more suitable comparisons and besides even at that the Camry offers better fuel economy more space and is also cheaper to maintain than both the IS and A4 so not like it doesn't have its own strong points
And you think a Camry with 2.0L engine is more fuel efficient than 1.8L A4 ?
When I said don't put Camry and A4 in same sentence I wasn't referring to their market category but as an individual car, like I said the A4 is everything the Camry is not and pls don't mention Corolla and A4 in same sentence biko.
The Corolla and A4 are both in same market category but putting both in same sentence is a big disrespect to VW, Lexus IS would be more considerate.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/compare/bmw_3-series_2015_choices

From the link you provided, read this:
The new Lexus IS sports a sharper look and
refined ride, but lacks the BMW's (or the
Cadillac's) on-road poise and handling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quick Steps On How To Handle A Stuck Accelerator Pedal / Does Double Cell Radiator Consume More Fuel? / 6 Symptoms Of A Failing Alternator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.