Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette (862 Views)

Do You Know Evans, The kidnapper Can Still Make Heaven While You Rot In Hell? / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Breaking The Yoke Of Barrenness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 6:19am On Apr 13, 2015
So I was reading this on Facebook... And I read Christians tear each other apart... on the topic above...

I would just paste the story here and read the same reaction...;

Hi sex life in 9ja please hide my I'd and notify me when
posted,Am a yoruba lady of 24 years of age and a
christian after My ND programme I went for industrial
training and I was given the post of a secretary in a
reputable organisation after 6 months of working there
one of the staff asked me out,he was 29 years of age
from Edo state and also a muslim after much ado I
decided to date him because I was single,this guy
showed me love,care for me and cater for every of my
needs and that of my family and I never lacked any
material things,My mother noticed the change in me and
asked me to bring my boyfriend home of which I did
after the interrogation It was apparent that my mum
likes him,After d IT I put in for my HND my guy paid my
fees,paid for accommodation and provide every material
things needed then he had became one of the managers
in the company I did my IT,after 2 years of dating to me
he proposed to me which I accepted because I love
him,every sunday my pastor kept preaching that is
illogical for any christian to date a muslim not to talk of
marrying them every sunday service has always being hell
for me because my pastor kept hinting on that same
message it was as if the message was really directed to
me because I didn't see any thing wrong with it until I
had an encounter with my pastors preaching and advice
we youth to desist from such act,I then called my
boyfriend to call it quit with him but he wouldn't let me
be he kept crying and begging me not to go and kept
saying he can't survive without me after 3 attempt of
breaking up with him which was abortive I decided to call
my mum and told her my intention of calling it quit wit
my boyfriend before it is too late but my mum flare up
saying she had seen nothing wrong in dating a muslim
she said my dad was a muslim and she was able 2
convert him aside that this guy in question doesn't
smoke,drink or womanise and he loves me with every
fibre of being saying why m I giving my self unnecessary
headache saying she had being to more than four
different churches and the pastor said there is nothing
wrong with d relationship that we are meant to be even
my elder sister said the same thing,but I having these
feeling about these religion difference because I dont
want to experience a failed marriage please what do I do
pls your advise is greatly needed..pls I didn't know these
would result to these in the first place

[url]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1180555025293756&id=290241457658455&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6137080737116889300%3Amf_story_key.2039466021520780662[/url]

P.S:
You don't need a gun to be a terrorist...
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2015
What makes an omelette? A yoke or a yolk?
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2015
vfactor:
What makes an omelette? A yoke or a yolk?

But you know what I mean... right...?
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by tpiadotcom: 7:36am On Apr 13, 2015
and the child would be?
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2015
iPopAlomo:

But you know what I mean... right...?

With the wrong spelling it's never the same

1 Like

Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 13, 2015
But in response to the above quote, I only have this to say. Religion in Nigeria hardly affects the lives of the people who practice it. Here's what I mean: a christian who reads and believe his bible would have come verses like "for God so loved that world that he gave his only begotten son.....whoever does not believe in him will be destroyed" and "no one comes to the father except thru me (Jesus)". If he truly believed these words will he/she marry someone when he surely knows the person wouldn't " make heaven", or will be destroyed? What effect will such alliance have on the children? Will they be comfortable allowing their children belong to any other religion other than that which saves?

This question will only make sense if the person believes what he actually reads from his bible and if his religion affects all facets of his life.

I believe Muslims also have verses in their holy book that brands non believers as infidels. Now how would u feel marrying and raising up an infidel?

People change, but its a risk not worth taking
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
vfactor:

With the wrong spelling it's never the same

Yes sir... I don't know how to spell... if you don't mind... please teach me...
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Yes sir... I don't know how to spell... if you don't mind... please teach me...

I never said so. Why do you feel i am trying to assert a superiority over you in terms of spelling. Is there anything in my previous comment to infer that i think you dont know how to spell?

On the contrary, I meant that if u distort the spelling its never the same thing. I actually believe u did it intentionally so as to get ur point through.
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2015
vfactor:

I never said so. Why do you feel i am trying to assert a superiority over you in terms of spelling. Is there anything in my previous comment to infer that i think you dont know how to spell?

On the contrary, I meant that if u distort the spelling its never the same thing. I actually believe u did it intentionally so as to get ur point through.

So you clearly understood me but still felt inclined to ask me if I meant egg white or "yoke..."
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2015
iPopAlomo:

So you clearly understood me but still felt inclined to ask me if I meant egg white or "yoke..."

Of course. It's the distortion I am against, cause yokes don't make omellete. And if you had use yolk, it wouldn't have fitted in.
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2015
vfactor:

Of course. It's the distortion I am against, cause yokes don't make omellete. And if you had use yolk, it wouldn't have fitted in.

But you get the drift...
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by tpiadotcom: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
vfactor:

The op was in a hurry to type, hence the meaningless thread title.
Re: Two Unequal Yoke Would Still Make An Omelette by iPopAlomo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

The op was in a hurry to type, hence the meaningless thread title.

K...

(1) (Reply)

How Bosnian Muslims View Christians 20 Years After Srebrenica Massacre. / American Gun Manufacturer Has Released A Rifle Etched With Verses From The Bible / Arise O! Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.