Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (9972 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by 1Music2luv(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2009
Please, I nid your help!
Im 31yrs old
Im planning to get marry this year to a lady, i've known for some years
bt, we started dating some 6 months ago.

Im confused, because i want to know God's will on this. I want to be sure of my choice.
The pressure is much on me to get marry

Please, How do i go about it. I mean knowing Gods will.

Experience from married couples are welcome.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by Lady2(f): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2009
Why are you coming to us if you want to know God's will.

Go to God. As a 31 year old you should already know what it takes in a marriage and should have an idea of what you expect. Does she fit into your expectations?

But please go to God. It really is that simple.
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by JeSoul(f): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2009
~Lady~:

But please go to God. It really is that simple.

wow something I agree with Lady on! shocked smiley

@ Poster,
The very fact that you're confused is evidence enough you're not ready to marry her. But then again I don't know the circumstances about ur situation so I offer you Lady's advice, go and pray and God will give you peace (or lack of) about this huge decision.
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by 1Music2luv(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Lady

In my opinion,that was hash!!!

I know GOD and i know how to pray , i just wanted Nairalanders, to share their "pre-wedding" experience with me.

Sometimes in life, best advice is given by people who have bin down that road.
this is not for me alone, it's for the benefit of other people too,

Let GOD show in everything u do,
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by JJYOU: 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
be smart go read derek prince book  God is a match maker. you wont regret it

[size=18pt]pray, wait & seek counsel and wait for the signs and leading. if in doubt always seek counsel and prayer support from those you love[/size]

it is good you want to know God's will. it is the best a man can get as gilette would say.

God's will come in various forms. it is certainly going to be  a woman for you and could easily be her becos God would lead your steps and direction as you are seeking His will.

whatever you do dont start engaging in pre marital sex as that iwont be His will.  loving, purity and appreciation of the person God gave you is ALWAYS His will.

no matter how you get to know by dreams, revelations, angelic announcements or prophesy, marraige is hard work and He expect you to work the work of loving and caring for her. the angels and His will dont do that for us.

another thing you may see is that she may not be exactly what you expect  but i recommend you trust God on that because He knows what will be good for you and His plans for the two lives. 
trust Him to always do right. He never lead wrong. i talk from experience and personal observation.

thanks for wanting to do right in this messed up times. may God in His mercy guide you in Jesus name
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by KunleOshob(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ Poster
There is no such thing as God's will when it comes to choosing a life partner, this notion is another invention of the church. The only rules you would find in the bible concerning choice of marrital partner is 1) the Israelites were instructed not to marry outside their nation as they were God's chosen people. 2) Christians were advised not to marry non belieivers by apostle Paul so they would not be drawn back by their spouses. However you can still seek God's favour and direction in making your choice of a marrital partner. Pray and be true to your self and God would reveal to you if the person involved is suitable to be your life partner. Marriage decisions are very critical ones, even then God as given us the free will to choose our partners ourselves we can only ask for God's guidiance and favour whilst making that choice, God would NOT choose a partner for you.
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by JJYOU: 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2009
KunleOshob:

@ Poster
There is no such thing as God's will when it comes to choosing a life partner, this notion is another invention of the church. The only rules you would find in the bible concerning choice of marrital partner is 1) the Israelites were instructed not to marry outside their nation as they were God's chosen people. 2) Christians were advised not to marry non belieivers by apostle Paul so they would not be drawn back by their spouses. However you can still seek God's favour and direction in making your choice of a marrital partner. Pray and be true to your self and God would reveal to you if the person involved is suitable to be your life partner. Marriage decisions are very critical ones, even then God as given us the free will to choose our partners ourselves we can only ask for God's guidiance and favour whilst making that choice, God would NOT choose a partner for you.

funny confused boy.  how does God that dont have a will reveal what He doesnt have or know? 
Pray and be true to your self and [size=18pt]God would reveal to you if the person involved is suitable to be your life partner[/size].
you and  arguments

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by Godmouth(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
1Music2luv: Please, I nid your help!
Im 31yrs old
Im planning to get marry this year to a lady, i've known for some years
bt, we started dating some 6 months ago.

Im confused, because i want to know God's will on this. I want to be sure of my choice.
The pressure is much on me to get marry

Please, How do i go about it. I mean knowing Gods will.

Experience from married couples are welcome.

Thanks

Poster: It's very simple; hearing God for a child of God is as easy as a,b,c. There is no real 'structure' or 'school of thought' to follow here. To help you with a vital insight: God does not use the same yardstick in revealing spouses to His children. Dreams have become a means by which so many people expect God to reveal their live partners, but that is like putting God 'in a box' and conjuring a method in your mind of how He should act. God does speak through dreams in matters like these but He also speaks through various means as well. That's why I opened my explanation by saying that it's very easy for a 'child of God' to hear God. Look at what scripture tells us in John 10 vs 3 : that every child of God (sheep) hears God's voice. As astonishing as this may sound to some people: it's important for you to know that your feelings towards a woman could be a way of God speaking to you that she is your wife. This is especially true for men who truly walk with God and seek Him diligently. Men such as these do not easily get emotionally attracted to women because they have truly sold their hearts to God. A typical scriptural example in the bible was Jacob. In Genesis 29 vs 18 we see Jacob's love for Rachel and his bold assurance that she (Rachel) was his wife. Jacob was so confident in his relationship with God that he knew that his love for Rachel was not ordinary but must have been 'supplanted' by God himself. Hope this is of help!!
Re: I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? by frank317: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
try sexx... in my experience i have known that if the sexx is good, then it is the will of god

(1) (Reply)

Will You Be Ready When The Lord Shall Come? - Olamide Obire / Free The Nation Tour 2018: Daddy Freeze Looking For International, Local Venues / What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.