Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

But I Am the Victor (a Tribute To Amosun Victory) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / But I Am the Victor (a Tribute To Amosun Victory) (518 Views)

The Soldiers Who Fought For Us (A Tribute To Our Soldiers Who Died Fighting) / Ode To An Elephant (A Tribute To Professor Wole Soyinka) / Tribute To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

But I Am the Victor (a Tribute To Amosun Victory) by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2015
But I am the VICTOR

Looking up was so cloudy
Down was so scary
the scream within spins
the silence so frightens
the only tune sings dirge
by the nightingale!
tis, only known to announce demoting

helpless was i
scary was i
anxient filled every of my eye
ocean could not compete my cry
as i was being announced to die

Twinkle eyes turn tilt and sore, still
awaiting the blowing of trumpet

alas! I was announced to trophée
and the seventh heavens retains and restores my glory
there-wards;
the fear of failure vanishs
as i was announced the WINNER

YES I won, to the glory of GOD!!!

NOTE: this my simple poem represents the state i was as of the moment the election was being concluded! Im Imeko indegine same as Amosun's main opponent, GNI of PDP and it was seemed as though everywhere had been locked down for PDP. I was frightened and infuriated as to the talks arounds me.
But at last, i shout Alhamdullahi!

#éclat'15

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Hundred Lines For My Sunshine / Slip Away / Devil's Vegetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.