Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

My Love,my Life And My World - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Love,my Life And My World (4847 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Uniquexty:
Thanks dear. I'm over him already

Really?

For a relationship of 6 years?

So fast?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

if you love her, get her pregnant.

if your parents refuse to budge, go to oshodi & rent parents. by the time you tell them they have a grandson, they would be begging you for forgiveness.

She's not Y.oruba
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by prissyluv(f): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
This kind of post dey vex me seriously because I know what I have been battling with my parents over similiar issue.
I have heard enough of what an elder sees lying down,we cant see even if we climb iroko tree. Being an elder doesnt make all their decisions right. Cases abound where parents have ruined their children's marital life all in the name of knowing better and deciding for them.

Op,like others said,talk to them and know about their fears and convince them to support you. Never lose hope.

3 Likes

Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kingjooo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
prissyluv:
This kind of post dey vex me seriously because I know what I have been battling with my parents over similiar issue.
I have heard enough of what an elder sees lying down,we cant see even if we climb iroko tree. Being an elder doesnt make all their decisions right. Cases abound where parents have ruined their children's marital life all in the name of knowing better and deciding for them.

Op,like others said,talk to them and know about their fears and convince them to support you. Never lose hope.
tnx @prisyluv,i wil never say never until its over.Even though it wil take me housing her without paying her bride price then so be it.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Cally14(f): 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
Uniquexty:
Thanks dear. I'll bookmark this and read it anything the tears comes threatening

Awwww...It is well dear. I know how it feels, have been there before.
Stay Strong and don't stop praying, God never fails! Keep your hope in him alive, He is the Great Comforter! He will comfort you.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by bebe2(f): 1:31am On Apr 15, 2015
prissyluv:

You woke up to reality after six years? You realize the fight is not worth it? Hmmmm.
What parents are doing to their children all in the name of love,protection and knowing better dikwa egwu ooo

can u imagine?

six years for husband house i don born 3, nai person go frd

man six yrs con realise say dem no fit marry becos of tribe.

Op, jus go marry her for court, then give her belle.

once she born carry baby go surprise ur mama she go jus dey dance forget all the inter tribal wahala.

2 Likes

Re: My Love,my Life And My World by cococandy(f): 5:11am On Apr 15, 2015
It's the girl that I'm even feeling sorry for. embarassed
If you marry her,She will be the strange woman who can't do anything right for a long time to come.
Inter tribal marriages are hard enough on their own. adding lack of parental consent can cripple it.

OP sorry. Just do your best to convince them.
But if at the end you see you will only be bringing the poor girl over to suffer, just let her be.
A broken relationship they say is better than a broken marriage.

But it is important you get your parents consent to marry her.

1 Like

Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Qualer: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
Parental consent is very necessary. Just like you, i had a six years inter-tribal/religious relationship. We finally woke up to reality last month.

Sometimes, Love is not just enough. You have to listen to the wisdom from your heart. One day, you'll wake up and ask yourself how you got to this point, and by that time, you've lost your family.

I suggest you hang on and try to comvince your parents. Make them understand that you need their support in this next phase in your life. And be fervent in prayers. Remember what God did for Mary when Joseph decided to put her away. God can still speak to your parents the way he spoke to Joseph. The heart of the king is in his hands.

I wish you all the best. And pray she stays strong throughout the fight. I wish mine had

Hello, can we talk?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 15, 2015
Have always said it...everything in life is over-hype including marriage
No wonder they say where there is a law then there is slavery.I think we r like slave to our parents through laws and tradition which we r subject to against our will
When is come to marriage or bride price...I think the whole thing is over-hype again
Even the bible says..A man and a woman shall leave the father house and be join together....just one condition wc is leave your father house....Also...He that findeth a wife finds a good thing and obtain favor from the lord..in other word....is a man that find the wife,his choice,his will,his decisions and not the parents ,therefore is a man that will live the consequences of his choice,will and decision so why is our parents making our decisions?

Even in the legal frame....the law only stipulate a witness be there to witness(sign) the union and the witness can even be a friend
So our parent can even charge to court for infringing on our right to associate with other tribe in marriage wc I can say is tribalism or racism

Naturally,I have seen were both parents gave consent to a union and the union only stayed for 3months and everybody went there way...so y didn't d consent super glue them or stop the divorce...
Other cases when both parent blessed the union and there was no fruit of the womb.....hw come the parental blessing didn't bring children to d union
Another case after d the union the man lost his job and suffering began..feeding from hand to mouth...again how come the so called parental blessing didn't bring blessing to pay house rent

In my submission......marriage(bride price or no price,parental consent or not)..what will befall a man will always befall a man
So therefore everyone should live the consequences of his or her decision and not anyone including parents decision on our lives becos life itself is over-hype

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Love,my Life And My World by REMMEI(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2015
kodozion:
Have always said it...everything in life is over-hype including marriage
No wonder they say where there is a law then there is slavery.I think we r like slave to our parents through laws and tradition which we r subject to against our will
When is come to marriage or bride price...I think the whole thing is over-hype again
Even the bible says..A man and a woman shall leave the father house and be join together....just one condition wc is leave your father house....Also...He that findeth a wife finds a good thing and obtain favor from the lord..in other word....is a man that find the wife,his choice,his will,his decisions and not the parents ,therefore is a man that will live the consequences of his choice,will and decision so why is our parents making our decisions?

Even in the legal frame....the law only stipulate a witness be there to witness(sign) the union and the witness can even be a friend
So our parent can even charge to court for infringing on our right to associate with other tribe in marriage wc I can say is tribalism or racism

Naturally,I have seen were both parents gave consent to a union and the union only stayed for 3months and everybody went there way...so y didn't d consent super glue them or stop the divorce...
Other cases when both parent blessed the union and there was no fruit of the womb.....hw come the parental blessing didn't bring children to d union
Another case after d the union the man lost his job and suffering began..feeding from hand to mouth...again how come the so called parental blessing didn't bring blessing to pay house rent

In my submission......marriage(bride price or no price,parental consent or not)..what will befall a man will always befall a man
So therefore everyone should live the consequences of his or her decision and not anyone including parents decision on our lives becos life itself is over-hype

God bless you for this piece.. my parents dare not go against my will or else?..
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by prissyluv(f): 7:30am On Apr 15, 2015
kingjooo:
tnx @prisyluv,i wil never say never until its over.Even though it wil take me housing her without paying her bride price then so be it.

You are welcome. But if you think of housing her till things are settled,I suggest you do statutory marriage first pending when your parents agrees,then the customary marriage.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by prissyluv(f): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2015
bebe2:

can u imagine?

six years for husband house i don born 3, nai person go frd

man six yrs con realise say dem no fit marry becos of tribe.

Op, jus go marry her for court, then give her belle.

once she born carry baby go surprise ur mama she go jus dey dance forget all the inter tribal wahala.

Nne eeh,I tire ooo
But there are some kind of things parents will say with the necssary pressure that will reset someone's brain.lol
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2015
As a man, you don't need your parents to make that decision.

If you were a woman, I'd advice that you seek their blessings.If you can protect your woman from them, go for it.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Really?

For a relationship of 6 years?

So fast?
Lolzzzxxx... Do i need to be buried before it gets better?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cally14:

Awwww...It is well dear. I know how it feels, have been there before.
Stay Strong and don't stop praying, God never fails! Keep your hope in him alive, He is the Great Comforter! He will comfort you.
Tnx luv
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Qualer:

Hello, can we talk?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
Lolzzzxxx... Do i need to be buried before it gets better?

No dear.

Just that you claim that it took about a month or so.

Well, the most important thing is for you to move on, and on time.

Cheers.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
070*97750**

Serious

No time oh.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Serious

No time oh.
I thought time had taken care of people like you. Swthrt, the rest of the world have moved on. You need to hurry
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

No dear.

Just that you claim that it took about a month or so.

Well, the most important thing is for you to move on, and on time.

Cheers.
Ohkkk
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
I thought time had taken care of people like you. Swthrt, the rest of the world have moved on. You need to hurry

Am not going to hurry joor.

Am not just ready yet.

Somethings just need to be in place.

Otherwise, I would have applied to you! grin
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Am not going to hurry joor.

Am not just ready yet.

Somethings just need to be in place.

Otherwise, I would have applied to you! grin
You wish... We are not receiving applications. No vacancy yet
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
You wish... We are not receiving applications. No vacancy yet

You're not receiving applications yet you opened your window?

Haba....

Love is everywhere oh. Even on nairaland!
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Cally14(f): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
Tnx luv

You're welcome.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

You're not receiving applications yet you opened your window?

Haba....

Love is everywhere oh. Even on nairaland!
As if you've forgotten that narural fresh air comes in through the windows. And stop putting ideas into his head. Maybe he has a message from the Lord
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
As if you've forgotten that narural fresh air comes in through the windows. And stop putting ideas into his head. Maybe he has a message from the Lord

Lol @ fresh air! cheesy

Who's head?

I don't campaign for anyone especially in situations like this oohh. Its a contest nau and the wittiest wins. Ladies love the wittiest.

So is that you on your dp?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

So is that you on your dp?
Is there a bounty on my head? That's me
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
Is there a bounty on my head? That's me

Yeah.

Contemplating on taking a position...

Looks like someone I know though.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Yeah.

Contemplating on taking a position...

Looks like someone I know though.
Know from where?
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by KanwuliaJara: 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
OP!
Why dun you tell us what is really bothering you? undecided
Is she ya "sugar-momma"? undecided
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by kaboninc(m): 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
Uniquexty:
Know from where?

Lool. The face is not clear.

Viewing with my phone.

This world is a small one.
Re: My Love,my Life And My World by Uniquexty(f): 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Lool. The face is not clear.

Viewing with my phone.

This world is a small one.
Tell me how small it is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheating Husband Caught Having $ex With Wife's Best Friend Live! / How Can You Manage To Kiss Your Wife With Mouth Odour? / SEE THE DRESSING OF A 4 YEARS OLD GIRL THAT GOT PEOPLE TALKING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.