Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won (25740 Views)

Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Reasons Why Ajimobi Won In Oyo State / OYO 2015: Ajimobi Won, But The Majority Lost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
As a rebuttal to this topic www.nairaland.com/2252397/oyo-state-governorship-result-majority that made frontpage this morning, I want you'll to know that majority of ajimobis supporters are not so vocal and aggressive. We are the so called elites/middle class.

Ajimobi as a governor never transacted with thugs and riff raffs right from the inception of his government which has been the characteristics of previous governments. That's why he has been able to quell the notorious security situation of the state which was very prominent in the days of Adedibu and PDP.

Previous governors were just political jobbers who depended on "sharing" the money and sponsoring political thugs throughout their tenure without achieving anything tangible.

This is where the "Ajimobi's" difference comes into play. We the middle class/elites have enjoyed maximum peace and relative infrastructural development which has been the hallmark of his administration. We definitely won't be able to benefit from the "share the money syndrome" because we are mostly reserved and law abiding people with high moral values.

It can also be deduced from the final results collated that instead of the popular opposition parties to bury their pride and form an alliance, they instead succeeded in sharing their votes amongst each other, thereby making a headway for the APC candidate.

I hereby reiterate that those that are complaining about Ajimobi's win are the local thugs and riff raffs who has been used to the "share the money syndrome" and have benefited financially from public disruptions and toutish tendencies from previous administrations. They are obviously more vocal and aggressive in displaying their discontentment.

We need peace and progress in Oyo State. Thanks

***from a Bonafide Omo Ibadan***

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Seaen(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
I concur.
Ogbomosho boy. Though my pple won't agree.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by lawsarma: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
thumb up bro...
bonafide indigen of iseyin
......ajimobi for transformation......

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by nuclearboy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
100% truth

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove, seun, OAM4J, maclatunji, afam4eva, ikenna351, please abeg una, forward this to frontpage.

As a rejoinder, I need you'll to remember that most of his strongest contenders are from previous administrations. If I should rate the previous administrations an average 20% overall on all indices, then Ajimobi will unarguably take 60%.

Talk of sanitation, security, transportation, infrastructural developments, which has contributed directly to the influx of local and foreign investors, he is by far the best of the bunch.

Remember that the shoprites, mega shopping malls, about 4 cinemas and counting, the lounges and nite clubs, the upgraded agodi garden, exquisite eateries like KFC and so on were all made possible because of the provision of a secure and enabling environment.

LydayBobo:
God bless you my brother from another mother. I took my time to explain to all to see the difference. Most times if I board commercial vehicles but only few reason. My take is we should consolidate on this by moving closer. Am based in the east though but I followed the news. I was privileged to be at function in Ibadan when the Gov was asked to ban Okada and his response amazed me. He said police should do their job on cubing crime than asking for their ban. He said majority of those akada man were family man and responsible. He said he would rather collect 50naira for tax to provide good inter street roads for them. Things will never be the same again. The country is moving forward positively

aribs:
Having worked with Akala directly during my time in government between 2007-2011, I would boldly say Ajimobi is a better administrator , the kind of administrator the state has been yearning for for years. If one has any iota of patriotism and love for country, one will never wish to live under the terrible era Oyo was under Baba Adedibu and Otunba Akala nor wish it ever happens again. Even as part of the PDP led government, I was so tired of the impunity that I had to resign and relocate abroad to resuscitate my legal career after being emotionally drained from swimming against the tide of oppression back then. Ajimobi may not be perfect but its a step in the right direction. good performance should always be rewarded. I visited Ibadan recently and I was quite impressed with what I saw. I would think it's important to continue to encourage the governor to continue to impress with his good performance and consolidate on what has already been achieved. Ipinle Oyo o ni daru.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by not4sure(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
OP. God will bless you. Before the election i used to have problem with my sister about This Ajimobi. Reason is that he was not love in Ibadan and the only crime against this man was Ibadan don't serve people twice and he ask people to leave the street. Most of road have been expanded in Ibadan, Transportation has been relatively improved, when I read the the first thread I wish i could ask him to give out crime of Ajimobi and you will discover is money related

From all the candidate that contest in 2015 election in Nigeria, only in Ibadan has highest contender because most of them were political jobbers, Ajimobi closest rival Ladoja suppose to have look for a young chap like Femi Lalehin but he just want to be the governor at all cost. Imagine United APC fighting Divided PDP. People can easily know the winner

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
APC is a party known for its political strategies. APC is the ultimate master of opposition politics but now that they are not in the opposition, how would they fare? We will soon find out as APC changes tone from opposition to ruling party.

AMORC members kill people for money. They fly at night. They do blood rituals. Etc
Find out the truth here (with the option if asking questions) :
https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by sleekp1: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Tinubu's and Sons SW LTD are thriving in all SW states.
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Popcorn
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by oluwafemi113(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2015

Sorry guy you can join APGA

You're not relevant any more in southwest grin undecided

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by penzino(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
Mixed Feelings about his victory. ...

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by femmy2010(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
You certainly said it all.
The opposition would have stood a chance if they placed all resources to push the candidacy of Ladoja.
Folarin,akala and Ladoja simply helped break the single term jinx indirectly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Pavore9: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
Let him serve his people well.
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Kobeje(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
True talk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by ShakurM(m): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
He won because PDP lost tongue

Wave the flag high! APC! Change !
APC till I turn to an Alien.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
F
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:
As a rebuttal to this topic www.nairaland.com/2252397/oyo-state-governorship-result-majority that made frontpage this morning, I want you'll to know that majority of ajimobis supporters are not so vocal and aggressive. We are the so called elites/middle class.

Ajimobi as a governor never transacted with thugs and riff raffs right from the inception of his government which has been the characteristics of previous governments. That's why he has been able to quell the notorious security situation of the state which was very prominent in the days of Adedibu and PDP.

Previous governors were just political jobbers who depended on "sharing" the money and sponsoring political thugs throughout their tenure without achieving anything tangible.

This is where the "Ajimobi's" difference comes into play. We the middle class/elites have enjoyed maximum peace and relative infrastructural development which has been the hallmark of his administration. We definitely won't be able to benefit from the "share the money syndrome" because we are mostly reserved and law abiding people with high moral values.

It can also be deduced from the final results collated that instead of the popular opposition parties to bury their pride and form an alliance, they instead succeeded in sharing their votes amongst each other, thereby making a headway for the APC candidate.

I hereby reiterate that those that are complaining about Ajimobi's win are the local thugs and riff raffs who has been used to the "share the money syndrome" and have benefited financially from public disruptions and toutish tendencies from previous administrations. They are obviously more vocal and aggressive in displaying their discontentment.

We need peace and progress in Oyo State. Thanks

***from a Bonafide Omo Ibadan***

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by crowniran(m): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
like I do tell my frds ..Ajimobi is not d best but he is better than the rest

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by shaddie21(f): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
Please ask 2 or 3 state workers and hear thier complain b4 concluding.

3 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
APC

I support the position of the OP.

The people complaining are the political jobbers. The thugs complaining there is no money in town

The average citizen are happy there is security and infrastructural development unlike in previous regime

Take this. Oyo has changed , this is nolonger the Oyo of Buje budanu of the previous regimes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
a
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Alawiye4all: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
I totally agree.
Alawiye from New York City,original omo Saki

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by christejames(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
PDP is coming back better and stronger. You know the sun rise from the east and the orientals already have their umbrella ready for the scorching sun of 2019... Sai PDP, sai GEJ the fair hero. As for Oyo, you really need the umbrella to protect you from this scorching sun and not this threat of riff raff being spewed here.
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by kindnyce(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
CLASSIC

WE USE TO HEAR ABT ADEDIBU/ NURTW FRACAS AND endLESS BLOODBATH

BUT NOW,D STATE IS HAVING RELATIVE PEACE N DEVPT

SAI APC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by kennyonthrone(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Nawa ooo....on a more serious note I dnt like wat is happening 2 PDP.

Nt a supporter of both parties bt I jst dnt fancy watz goin on in d polity....PDP must bounce back
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by jieta: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by MKO4ever(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
ok
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by ayo26(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
I believe Ajimobi is the most preferred among all the aspirants, esp among the elites and exposed electorates of Oyo state..He has done quite well to deserve a second term at least if compared to his predecessors . Even if he hasn't been the best, he has been better.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ali Modu-Sheriff, Fayose, At Wike's Thanksgiving Service In Rivers State (Photos / Suspected Killers Of General Mohammed Shuwa Pictured / Buhari Honored With 'War Lord' In Kogi (1985 Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.