Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (10904 Views)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by pleep(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: . by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Its time for African Americans to go back to Africa. Let them come back with the knowledge they've acquired there. The whites will always see them as niggers and nothing more. Afterall, no major invention has been accredited to them and most of them live off welfare

5 Likes

Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
hahn:
Its time for African Americans to go back to Africa. Let them come back with the knowledge they've acquired there. The whites will always see them as niggers and nothing more. Afterall, no major invention has been accredited to them and most of them live off welfare

Where would they go though?

2 Likes

Re: . by pleep(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
hahn:

This makes no sense. Please be realistic and stop with the idealistic BS.

Thats not how u make progress.
Re: . by Phut(f): 1:40am On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

Most of them live off welfare

You are so wrong on that. Majority of welfare recipients are white. Stop believing the propaganda that you have been fed by the media.

This reminds me of what happened after Hurricane Katerina. When the film crew saw black victims of the hurricane taking much needed food (e.g. a loaf of bread) from an abandoned supermarket, the media said they were looting/stealing. However when white victims of the hurricane took food from the same supermarket, they were not called looters or thieves. They were said to be taking what they needed to survive. Go figure

8 Likes

Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Police your own communities. Police problem solved.

I know that seems wholly impractical, but so is waiting on cops to correct themselves and black ppl won't do anything more than pray and rally. Those black men that you will have to police have long embraced their demons, everything has been tried to fix them. Maybe akata is fitting for them and others around the globe. this caricature is deeply engrained in everything about them.

Second reason black ppl can't apply this solution, they're scared and/or want to be cool and relate with the destructive attitudes. You better encourage others to start seeing them for the true lost enemies that they are, family or not. They'd kill you first, but strangely it then takes them going to the prison industrial complex for them to "find themselves", white judge made him find religion, now theyre seeing things clearly... It shouldn't have gone that far with ppl in your community

Police should be the last people u call for your community problems. you'd be surprised how fast they're the first ppl called
Re: . by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

When white Americans agree to go back to Europe, then you can come back and talk about this.
Re: . by hahn(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2015
Radoillo:

When white Americans agree to go back to Europe, then you can come back and talk about this.

Lol. Well, they got there first and "bought" the land so they have more claim to it than African Americans have. Besides, African Americans have been living off the standard set by whites and all the "brothers" are concerned about is killing each other
Re: . by hahn(m): 9:29am On Apr 14, 2015
Phut:

Most of them live off welfare

You are so wrong on that. Majority of welfare recipients are white. Stop believing the propaganda that you have been fed by the media.

This reminds me of what happened after Hurricane Katerina. When the film crew saw black victims of the hurricane taking much needed food (e.g. a loaf of bread) from an abandoned supermarket, the media said they were looting/stealing. However when white victims of the hurricane took food from the same supermarket, they were not called looters or thieves. They were said to be taking what they needed to survive. Go figure

I totally agree with you. However, whites created welfare for whites in the first place and there's a larger percentage of whites in the population than there are blacks so definitely, their numbers will be significantly more. Plus, its now their country and they control the media. What have blacks done with our continent and our media? Nothing. We are still the poorest and most primitive continent on the planet. Go figure
Re: . by hahn(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2015
pleep:

This makes no sense. Please be realistic and stop with the idealistic BS.

Thats not how u make progress.

Your post would have made more sense if you had actually suggested a solution. Even Malcolm X made the same suggestion

You don't make progress without ideas or action.

I agree its not realistic though. Was just saying
Re: . by hahn(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

Where they came from. Africa. Duh
Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:
America is no man's land. The colored people need to fight for their place.
Back to the topic: maybe if there were fewer black hooligans, they wouldn't get into trouble with the police.
Re: . by hahn(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2015
SarcasticMe:

America is no man's land. The colored people need to fight for their place.
Back to the topic: maybe if there were fewer black hooligans, they wouldn't get into trouble with the police.

Lol. America is "no man's land"? That's very funny. Then why don't you just hop on a plane and go there or do you think its the yoruba-igbo-Lagos issue? Africans were brought as slaves to America and really the only place they have is the one given to them by whites. The education used in fighting against segregation was instilled in the blacks by the whites. Hell, even the abolition of slave trade was achieved by whites.

African Americans have not contributed anything worthwhile to America. That's a fact
Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

Lol. America is "no man's land"? That's very funny. Then why don't you just hop on a plane and go there or do you think its the yoruba-igbo-Lagos issue? Africans were brought as slaves to America and really the only place they have is the one given to them by whites. The education used in fighting against segregation was instilled in the blacks by the whites. Hell, even the abolition of slave trade was achieved by whites.

African Americans have not contributed anything worthwhile to America. That's a fact
I'll ignore ur sarcastic remark but I will definitely not ignore ur ignorance.
If any tribe were to claim the ownership of America, it will be the native Americans aka the red Indians. Now, just like the blacks, this native Americans av lost their place in America.
Why do u expect blacks to contribute to the development of the nation when they're not given the opportunity to.
Are there not Jews in america? no Greeks? Irish? Asian? Why is it only blacks that are under suppression?
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:05am On Apr 14, 2015
SarcasticMe:

I'll ignore ur sarcastic remark but I will definitely not ignore ur ignorance.
If any tribe were to claim the ownership of America, it will be the native Americans aka the red Indians. Now, just like the blacks, this native Americans av lost their place in America.
Why do u expect blacks to contribute to the development of the nation when they're not given the opportunity to.
Are there not Jews in america? no Greeks? Irish? Asian? Why is it only blacks that are under suppression?

Obviously, YOU are the ignorant one here. Blacks put themselves under suppression. How? Whenever they witness a crime in the "hood" and decide to "keep it real" by not telling the cops, they spuppress themselves. By selling crack and other drugs instead of looking for legitimate products to sell, they suppress themselves. When they invest in 20inch rims, nike, timberland etc instead of building lasting businesses, thet suppress themselves. When they join gangs, skip school instead of spending their youth chasing an education, they suppress themselves. When they blame whites for their problems instead of seeking out solutions, they suppress themselves.

Too bad for the native American, they were conquered and their land was claimed by another race and their race was basically obliterated but you really can compare the black with them because the blacks were "shipped" to America by the whites, educated and have been spoon fed by the whites all these years. The education, good roads, freedom of speech, technology, quality infrastructure were all made possible by the whites long before slave trade or even the discovery of Africa. Africans couldn't even build ships despite all the forests and jungles we have. We didn't even invent the "wheel", didn't know anything about the water cycle and we are still 10,000 years behind the rest of the world.

Ignoramus, you really need to start facing reality
Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

Obviously, YOU are the ignorant one here. Blacks put themselves under suppression. How? Whenever they witness a crime in the "hood" and decide to "keep it real" by not telling the cops, they spuppress themselves. By selling crack and other drugs instead of looking for legitimate products to sell, they suppress themselves. When they invest in 20inch rims, nike, timberland etc instead of building lasting businesses, thet suppress themselves. When they join gangs, skip school instead of spending their youth chasing an education, they suppress themselves. When they blame whites for their problems instead of seeking out solutions, they suppress themselves.

Too bad for the native American, they were conquered and their land was claimed by another race and their race was basically obliterated but you really can compare the black with them because the blacks were "shipped" to America by the whites, educated and have been spoon fed by the whites all these years. The education, good roads, freedom of speech, technology, quality infrastructure were all made possible by the whites long before slave trade or even the discovery of Africa. Africans couldn't even build ships despite all the forests and jungles we have. We didn't even invent the "wheel", didn't know anything about the water cycle and we are still 10,000 years behind the rest of the world.

Ignoramus, you really need to start facing reality
I hope you'll be seeing this... Just wanted to acknowledge the fact that you were mostly right about the black man being the major cause of his own problems. I admit that we need to move pass this blame game and discover where our problems came from because it is obvious that we were behind b4 the white came to our shores.
And for the whites, they might have done some great evil by taking us slaves and all the exploitation. But they couldn't do it without our help and if they keep exploiting us today, it is because we are not united. To be honest, there's something we need to dig out from our ancestral roots.
God help us. @hahn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hahn(m): 11:38am On Apr 14, 2015
SarcasticMe:

You'll notice in my first post, I wrote that blacks need to desist from hooliganism and gansterism... but if you look at it closely, you'll notice they really av no choice. You know how difficult it is for blacks to get jobs even after struggling to pass through school.
And since you're so vast about the slave trade, u should know that without the efforts of the black, America won't be what it is. Of course, I refrained from mentioning it because it is not noble. The whole industrial revolution won't take place if not for the efforts of black who toiled as slaves prior the 18th century.
The whole discrimination is racial. And unless the blacks fight for their rightful place, we will never coexist in peace. You think only the black Americans are pawns? Even we in Nigeria are suffering indirect consequences of this discrimination. Not until u travel out before you know that.

Apparently we are on the same page. That's why I initially said they should come back home. They have a better chance, however unrealistic it might seem
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

Where they came from. Africa. Duh

It's not as easy as you say bros, but it would be nice
Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

What, you won't let me crash on your couch? I wont be in your way. cool

I'd only like to continue visiting Africa, next time sleeping on Fulaman's couch to save money on hotel. Then I can get the exclusive tour on what NL mod life is like. White ppl are not running me out of America, they can stay racist until they're blue in the face, I could care less about them. I wouldn't mind the idea of building permanent residence in areas I frequent for ongoing projects I'm working on and near the areas I like to network with other engineers, but I wouldn't be visiting for the purpose of running from whitey or crazy as.s Africa Americans which are worst.

1 Like

Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

What, you won't let me crash on your couch? I wont be in your way. cool

I'd only like to continue visiting Africa, next time sleeping on Fulaman's couch to save money on hotel. Then I can get the exclusive tour on what NL mod life is like. White ppl are not running me out of America, they can stay racist until they're blue in the face, I could care less about them. I wouldn't mind the idea of building permanent residence in areas I frequent for ongoing projects I'm working on and near the areas I like to network with other engineers, but I wouldn't be visiting for the purpose of running from whitey or crazy as.s Africa Americans which are worst.

As part of Fulani hospitality, I would give you a real bed loll.

As someone who lived in the United States for 5 years and someone who read about the shooting and killing of the Fulani man (Amadou Diallo), I can say with the utmost certainty that the United States is an extremely racist place. However, I never got ill treatment from African Americans, many were interested in my culture since we were all uni students.

BTW, you are welcome to take over my job as mod once you start living in Nigeria loll

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
hahn:

Lol. Well, they got there first and "bought" the land so they have more claim to it than African Americans have. Besides, African Americans have been living off the standard set by whites and all the "brothers" are concerned about is killing each other

What if I tell you there were Africans among the first batch of explorers of the American Continents (North and South)?

1 Like

Re: . by hahn(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
Radoillo:

What if I tell you there were Africans among the first batch of explorers of the American Continents (North and South)?

I'd say, "tell me more" and then ask why they didn't make the best of their discovery. Oh, I forgot, they didn't even make the best of their continent. Skip that and just "tell me more"
Re: . by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fighting the whites has to be in terms of Economic and providing more value to the economy. If Black americans go with brute force, the whites would win the war. Black americans have to use more brain power than brute force.
Re: . by RandomAfricanAm: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2015
Man were do I even start with this thread!?!?

[size=20pt]1.[/size]
Well, I'll start at the title question since that's easiest

Is It Time For African Americans To Fight Back Against Police Brutality?

Simple answer: Yes. Though most of the hard critical make or break work is and has been over since the 70's 80's.

[size=20pt]2.[/size]
pleep:
Objectively I understand that black peoples problems are self imposed and police brutality is only a symptom of the bleeped up situation black people have CAUSED for themselves.

I had to address the above statement:
I've been around here long enough to know that I disagree with the vast majority of pleeps interpretations of history and problem analysis in general. That said I must say this is yet another interpretation I disagree with. Now lets continue......

pleep:
But there is a visceral reaction you get from watching video after video of some coward white trash killing unarmed men while claiming "their life was in danger." Is it time to give them something to actually be afraid of?

That depends on what they are afraid of and personally I can't be bothered with finding out what white people are afraid of... though I'm student enough of history to know that's a tactical mistake so I'll say that's not high on my priority list now. From my read of history It's time for those scattered pockets of African Americans to move back down to and consolidate in the black belt region.

[img]http://marxistleninist.files./2008/12/jamesallen-blackbelt1.jpg[/img]

Fortunately this is already occurring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asP2-6hUXxk

"After nearly 100 years, Great Migration begins reversal
College grads and retirees are leading the return of blacks to the South"
-by Greg Toppo and Paul Overberg, USA TODAY 2015
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/02/census-great-migration-reversal/21818127/

Luckily it's the educated(new grads) and experienced(retirees) who come south. The need now is to turn that into business creation which would serve as a magnate for the less fortunate to move down and consolidate while having an economic slot to fill. The best example of that being Atlanta(Though we certainly don't need another strip club / gay land city down here) one of the best moves was when former mayor Andrew young told the local banks that if you don't loan to the people we are pulling the city funds out of your banks Bold move .

The issue now is that all those people who left the south to get away from the racist jim crow laws spread themselves way to thin. When the right to vote was won African Americans essentially decolonized large swaths of the southern black belt region which is were I grew up. The type of stuff you see on the news doesn't go on down here like that because we both admin the city and run the police. Most of these incidents happen in areas were African Americans are a minority in the population. Nobody is marching in greene county Alabama because the police shot an unarmed black man ...damn near all the police are black anyway.

List of U.S. counties with African-American majority populations in 2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._counties_with_African-American_majority_populations_in_2000

Example: when police beat this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreWUvrCfZU

There was no need to march down the street and why? Because...

most of the hard critical make or break work is and has been over since the 70's 80's.

Birmingham police beating video: Five officers fired
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/05/five_birmingham_police_officer.html

Once you have control over the city and police you can start weeding out the B.S.

[size=20pt]2. [/size]
hahn:

Welfare: A White Secret
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,156084,00.html

A. Most welfare recipients are white
B. Most African Americans are not on welfare nor have they ever received welfare
C. Anything mentioned after a and b are basically pointless facts and/or assertions(yes there is a such thing as a pointless fact)

[size=20pt]
[/size]
Fulaman198:

40mil African Americans couldn't go to any one country without drastically blowing up the politics of the country. Even a big country like Nigeria wouldn't work. Remember a lot of African nations are woefully under populated in comparisons to the rest of the world(which is one of the main reasons for African Union/ Pan-Africanism) Imagine 40mil+ going to botswanna with a population of 2mil + there are more people in Metro Atlanta then that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312172_screenshot2015041502_26_25_png6829b4ea9d19d07e636a8cb3faf5fadc
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312173_screenshot2015041502_28_58_png16cf4f0d74c522ca8a54a336c5f466e6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312174_screenshot2015041502_29_10_pnge125653338be0c8ad37602a285d1ac86

There are only 2 real solutions to a case like that for me.

A. Set aside a huge ass plot of land for diasporans (personally I don't like this cause I don't care for colonial boarders and admin zones)
B. Country population / Total African population = percentage of citizenship slots to country
percentage of citizenship slots to country * Total African American population = number of African Americans accepted as citizens

Feel free to check my math smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by RandomAfricanAm: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
I'm feeling spry today! Haven't put down a post in a while either maybe that's why.... :/ grin wink

Fulaman198:

(AP) Africa total population 1,111,000,000
(AAP) African American Population 40,000,000 (probably around 50Mil actually)
(NP) Nigeria example population 185,043,000
(GP) Ghana example population 27,714,000
(BP) Botswana example population 2,176,000

Given Equation:
Country population / Total African population = percentage of citizenship slots to country
percentage of citizenship slots to country * Total African American population = number of African Americans accepted as citizens

Example 1 of 3: Nigeria
185,043,000(NP) / 1,111,000,000(AP) = %0.1665554(Nigerian ratio of African population)
40,000,000(AAP) * %0.1665554(Nigerian ratio of African population) = 6,662,216(Maximum citizenship slots open to AA in Nigeria)

Example 2 of 3: Ghana
27,714,000(GP) / 1,111,000,000(AP) = %0.0249451(Ghanaian ratio of African population)
40,000,000(AAP) * %0.0249451(Ghanaian ratio of African population) = 997,804(Maximum citizenship slots open to AA in Ghana)

Example 3 of 3: Botswana
2,176,000(BP) / 1,111,000,000(AP) = %0.0019586(Botswana ratio of African population)
40,000,000(AAP) * %0.0019586(Botswana ratio of African population) = 78,343(Maximum citizenship slots open to AA in Botswana)

(NP) Nigeria population 185,043,000 %0.1665554 (percentage of AAP taken) 6,662,216 (Max possible new citizens)
(GP) Ghana population 27,714,000 %0.0249451 (percentage of AAP taken) 997,804 (Max possible new citizens)
(BP) Botswana population 2,176,000 %0.0019586 (percentage of AAP taken) 78,343 (Max possible new citizens)

Note: I doubt (Actual new citizens) would ever go past %10-20 of given value for max. Besides There is to much prime real estate in the hands of the diaspora for everyone to come back. Strategically in terms of markets & defense it would be a bad move. Though the diaspora should have a sanctuary from judicial, civil, and economic exploitation available to them be it temp or permanent which is what I advocate.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pleep??!! Coke bottle pleep?? You would be a senior this year, right?? Little pleep all grown up. grin grin tongue

I would say hire more black men to the police force but I have seen videos of black police officers doing absolutely nothing when their white counterparts were mistreating black men.

I know you're smarter than to think violence is going to solve anything. The American police have all sort of weapons in their disposal. What are AAs going to fight them with? I don't think AAs want to do anything to prove their stereotypes true.
I would recommend having a different form of police force for black communities but that would never happen. They already frown at HBCUs, BlackGirlsRock, Black Engineers Association,etc......so we know that would never happen.

Instead of fighting them for their actions, I think we need to fight the mentality. How does one fight racial profiling? Through the media?
Re: . by RandomAfricanAm: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Pleep??!! Coke bottle pleep?? You would be a senior this year, right?? Little pleep all grown up. grin grin tongue

I would say hire more black men to the police force but I have seen videos of black police officers doing absolutely nothing when their white counterparts were mistreating black men.

RandomAfricanAm post=32737117:

The issue now is that all those people who left the south to get away from the racist jim crow laws spread themselves way to thin. When the right to vote was won African Americans essentially decolonized large swaths of the southern black belt region which is were I grew up. The type of stuff you see on the news doesn't go on down here like that because we both admin the city and run the police. Most of these incidents happen in areas were African Americans are a minority in the population. Nobody is marching in greene county Alabama because the police shot an unarmed black man ...damn near all the police are black anyway.

I know you're smarter than to think violence is going to solve anything. The American police have all sort of weapons in their disposal. What are AAs going to fight them with? I don't think AAs want to do anything to prove their stereotypes true.
I would recommend having a different form of police force for black communities but that would never happen. They already frown at HBCUs, BlackGirlsRock, Black Engineers Association,etc......so we know that would never happen.

Instead of fighting them for their actions, I think we need to fight the mentality. How does one fight racial profiling? Through the media?

RandomAfricanAm:

Simple answer: Yes. Though most of the hard critical make or break work is and has been over since the 70's 80's.

Re: . by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:

If you were in a position to effect change, how would you go about using the media to fight racial profiling? I also think media isn't enough.
Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:
Man were do I even start with this thread!?!?

[size=20pt]1.[/size]
Well, I'll start at the title question since that's easiest

[size=20pt]2.[/size]

I had to address the above statement:
I've been around here long enough to know that I disagree with the vast majority of pleeps interpretations of history and problem analysis in general. That said I must say this is yet another interpretation I disagree with. Now lets continue......

That depends on what they are afraid of and personally I can't be bothered with finding out what white people are afraid of... though I'm student enough of history to know that's a tactical mistake so I'll say that's not high on my priority list now. From my read of history It's time for those scattered pockets of African Americans to move back down to and consolidate in the black belt region.

[img]http://marxistleninist.files./2008/12/jamesallen-blackbelt1.jpg[/img]

Fortunately this is already occurring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asP2-6hUXxk

"After nearly 100 years, Great Migration begins reversal
College grads and retirees are leading the return of blacks to the South"
-by Greg Toppo and Paul Overberg, USA TODAY 2015
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/02/census-great-migration-reversal/21818127/

Luckily it's the educated(new grads) and experienced(retirees) who come south. The need now is to turn that into business creation which would serve as a magnate for the less fortunate to move down and consolidate while having an economic slot to fill. The best example of that being Atlanta(Though we certainly don't need another strip club / gay land city down here) one of the best moves was when former mayor Andrew young told the local banks that if you don't loan to the people we are pulling the city funds out of your banks Bold move .

List of U.S. counties with African-American majority populations in 2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._counties_with_African-American_majority_populations_in_2000

Example: when police beat this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreWUvrCfZU

There was no need to march down the street and why? Because...

Birmingham police beating video: Five officers fired
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/05/five_birmingham_police_officer.html

Once you have control over the city and police you can start weeding out the B.S.

[size=20pt]2. [/size]

Welfare: A White Secret
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,156084,00.html

A. Most welfare recipients are white
B. Most African Americans are not on welfare nor have they ever received welfare
C. Anything mentioned after a and b are basically pointless facts and/or assertions(yes there is a such thing as a pointless fact)

[size=20pt]
[/size]

40mil African Americans couldn't go to any one country without drastically blowing up the politics of the country. Even a big country like Nigeria wouldn't work. Remember a lot of African nations are woefully under populated in comparisons to the rest of the world(which is one of the main reasons for African Union/ Pan-Africanism) Imagine 40mil+ going to botswanna with a population of 2mil + there are more people in Metro Atlanta then that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312172_screenshot2015041502_26_25_png6829b4ea9d19d07e636a8cb3faf5fadc
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312173_screenshot2015041502_28_58_png16cf4f0d74c522ca8a54a336c5f466e6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2312174_screenshot2015041502_29_10_pnge125653338be0c8ad37602a285d1ac86

There are only 2 real solutions to a case like that for me.

A. Set aside a huge ass plot of land for diasporans (personally I don't like this cause I don't care for colonial boarders and admin zones)
B. Country population / Total African population = percentage of citizenship slots to country

I'd like to hear how you disagree with op here @red text
Re: . by RandomAfricanAm: 7:34am On Apr 16, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I'd like to hear how you disagree with op here @red text

Sure, though I gotta warn you it would be a long reply ...and honestly it would require discussing something I want to make a dedicated thread on.

"A development of the recording, study, and methodology of African History" or "An Africana Historiography" for short.

Though looking at my track record for new post I probably should state what ever now haha. I still need to start my post on African Americans in the civil war occupying the capital of the confederacy. Hmm, I'll give you this...

pleep:

Objectively i understand that black peoples problems are self imposed and police brutality is only a symptom of the bleeped up situation black people have CAUSED for themselves.

If I were to discus pleeps position in the OP I would discuss it in two parts
Before I start:
He gave a subject(black peoples problems, with a highlight on police brutality) and a position( that it is self imposed and caused by themselves). Note that a rational wasn't given. So all I could really do is state the same subject and give an alternative position. I.E I can't discuss a rational he never made but I can state an alternative position. That said let me start...

Part 1: There are two main things I would speak on before the subject at hand.
pleep:

Objectively i understand that....

and
pleep:

... CAUSED for themselves.

Of course Pleep is free to use whatever reasoning tools he wishes but for me I would first make note of the limitations/blind spots of Platonic "Objective" thought as a solitary practice . I don't rely on Platonic notions of the separation of thought and emotion nor do I hold that it's possible, necessary, or even advantageous for African peoples. As a matter of fact It is disadvantageous to attempt objectivity or what it ends up being in practice "apolitical thought" in our dealing with Europeans. I'm very political in how I assess our dealing with Europeans and up front about it boot.
Second would be Newtonian notions of causality. I try not to work in causal relationships but under the notion of sum of forces. If your a reader of African Deep thought a good notion/example would be...

'umuntu ngu muntu nga bantu' as commonly translated 'I am because we are, and since we are, therefore I am.'

My personal application of this principle is for any I(which could be conceived of as a group if need be) denote all the we and understand it's reciprocal interaction with that I. Any changes desired made to this interrelationship is dictated by my political ends and the best way to achieve them. If your uncomfortable with nonwestern thought just think in terms of dynamics(I believe I read you do engineering work)

I would venture into my position on the rejection(though that maybe to strong a term) of the notion of contradiction but he never mentioned it and that's getting off topic.

Part 2:
After part 1 I would write a separate post using the cognitive tools listed in the first post to show how I arrive at an alternative position.
Note: Just because I arrive at a different position doesn't mean pleep is wrong per say it could simply mean I disagree or the implications are not politically efficient/advantageous to my liking.

As you can see by this post alone it would be long and I would rather talk about these things in another dedicated thread
Re: . by khiaa(f): 3:14am On May 08, 2015
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:25am On May 08, 2015
hahn:

I am just always amazed at the level of stupidity in people. Just so you are aware of it; here are just some of the inventions made by African Americans:

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/bhistory/inventors/
http://www.tnj.com/black-history-makers/major-inventions-african-americans
http://www.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/10-inventions-by-african-americans.htm#page=1
http://www.biography.com/news/african-american-inventors-20737249

After reading your statement I have decided that you are not a mathematician. There are about 45-50 million African Americans in the USA. Half of that number would be 22.5 to about 25 million people. In the USA there are only 11 million people on welfare. Only 39% of that group are African American. How does 4 million people equal 22.5 million people? The largest receipts of welfare in the USA are White people. They receive welfare benefits, food stamps and housing in far greater numbers than African Americans.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

In closing; I hope that your job doesn't require you to do math; because if it does then your employer is in trouble.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Gods: IGBO DEITIES / What's The Oldest Tribe In Nigeria Between Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa / Paintings Of The Moors Of Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.