Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Team For Video Game Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Team For Video Game Project (647 Views)

Anybody Up For A Game Project / Video Game Developers Nigeria [artists/animators, Programmers, Sound People] / Any Good Developer And Graphic Designer Ready To Form A Team For A Start Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Team For Video Game Project by shina88: 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi all,
There are many views on the ability or inability of Nigerian game developer/programmers to develop a world class video game. I have also seen many attempts (succesful amd failed once) by Nigerians to come up with world class video games.

Over the last few months I have being working on some 3D video game concepts/idea and read through various threads on this subject matter. I even met some game developers for more insights. After all I decided to create a team that would come together and create projects for Nigerians and the world at large using Nigerian amd African content.

Can anyone avail me professional advise on the team members and how to make this project a success. currently I know the team would comprise the following:

1. Game developer/programmer
2. Sound effect expert
3. Character animator (3D Animator)
4. Concept artists/game script writer

If you want to be part of this project or have a valuable advise kindly send me an email to shina2ril011@gmail.com giving your mobile no., area of expertise, and name and I would give you details.

Thanks all
Re: Team For Video Game Project by kudaisi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
You missed one of the most important if not the most important guy. The 3D Modeler.

Here's a Scenario:
-Basically the Modeler creates the 3D Models of the Characters and Scenario (environment). A Cinema 4d Professional Can do this.
-The Animator animates the models by rigging them for movement and stunts (Rigging of the joint can be done in Cinema 4D as well)
-The entire models and scenarios can then be exported to a game development platform such as Unity 3D.
-The scenario of the game,code interactions and character reactions can then be integrated with Unity 3D using C# programming language.
-Then the sound effect guy then streamlines the sounds with the games.
Unity 3D is free so you don't have to buy it. Although Cinema 4D will cost you.

here's a link to unity 3d scripting http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/scripting
And here is an intro tutorials on Code Project http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/876015/UNITY-D-Game-Programming-Introduction

And here's a showcase of stuffs you can achieve with unity 3D.

http://unity3d.com/showcase

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2256285_unkilled766x250_jpeg97dfc0a72526e7325efd693b1a5182d2

1 Like

Re: Team For Video Game Project by shina88: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
@kudaisi thanks for the information, kindly send me more info as I appreciate
Re: Team For Video Game Project by shina88: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ kudaisi thank you, I appreciate and would be glad if more needed info is sent.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Apps Are Better To Develop / Now That The Useless Adds Have Started Showing, What Next? / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.