Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,977 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom (2861 Views)

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges / Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. / Celebration In Ph Over Wike Victory (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wike's Victory and some People's joy about it is one of the few mysteries am still finding hard to understand. Is this not the same Wike we know? This is someone that couldn't achieve jack in all the appointments he got in Jonathan's regime. He was always in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Besides have you heard the man speak? So aggressive, pugnacious and malicious. He doesn't even apply any modicum of diplomacy and intelligence when interviewed. And he never forgets to take his immense arrogance along wherever he goes. He's a Journalist's nightmare.

Yet because of this newly found Jonathanist Religion sweeping through SS and SE, anyone that votes against PDP is labelled a betrayer regardless of the incompetence of the PDP candidate. Its a new low in SS politics and time is the only surest thing I know will make this clear to them.

NB: Please this is a personal opinion and anyone is free to disagree if you choose to. However, do it with civility and void of insults. We are Homo Sapiens not Primitive Animals.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
U are right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Sweetguy25: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
You don't know Wike and you're not from Rivers State. So shut the hell up.

Besides, Buhari was elected president. An ex-military dictator who was one of the group of military rulers who destroyed Nigeria. He was elected and people were celebrating.

Wike has done nothing wrong but you hate him because he's "pugnacious and aggressive". What nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Dracula27: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wetin you no know pass you (You cannot explain what you don't know cos it is beyond you).
Your view is a classic case of media misdirection.
From your post I can confidently say you are not from the state and are fed purely by the mass media.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by stanech: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
kaybams1:
Wike's Victory and some People's joy about it is one of the few mysteries am still finding hard to understand. Is this not the same Wike we know? This is someone that couldn't achieve jack in all the appointments he got in Jonathan's regime. He was always in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Besides have you heard the man speak? So aggressive, pugnacious and malicious. He doesn't even apply any modicum of diplomacy and intelligence when interviewed. Yet he never forgets to take his immense arrogance along wherever he goes. He's a Journalist's nightmare.

Yet because of this newly found Jonathanist Religion sweeping through SS and SE, anyone that votes against PDP is labelled a betrayal regardless of the incompetence of the PDP candidate. Its a new low in SS politics and time is the only surest thing I know will make this clear to them.

NB: Please this is a personal opinion and anyone is free to disagree if you choose to. However, do it with civility and void of insults. We are Homo Sapien Primitive Animals.

it is d peoples choice bro take it or leave it

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dracula27:
Wetin you no know pass you (You cannot explain what you don't know cos it is beyond you).
From your post I can confidently say you are not from the state and are fed purely by the mass media.

Maybe you can explain to me what I don't know. Am a good listener.
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by tupem: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I don't know Wike, am not from Rivers but I agree 100% with what d op said. if you disagree with his oponion give your reasons like a human being or go create your own thread and shut the hell up!

13 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by baby124: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
SS people never see any anything. When PDP was rolling in money, no meaningful development. Yet they still voted them back in as a well done. Despite all the money the region collected. Now PDP is back in power at a time when it is desperate. Goodluck to the SS sha. I hope they take the time to make sure the governors work, because oil money is not the same again and not as plenty as before

5 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
baby124:
SS people never see any anything. When PDP was rolling in money, no meaningful development. Yet they still voted them back in as a well done. Despite all the money the region collected. Now PDP is back in power at a time when it is desperate. Goodluck to the SS sha. I hope they take the time to make sure the governors work, because oil money is not the same again and not as plenty as before

Frankly my prayers are with them in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Sweetguy25: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
tupem:
I don't know Wike, am not from Rivers but I agree 100% with what d op said. if you disagree with his oponion give your reasons like a human being or go create your own thread and shut the hell up!

You don't know Wike and you're not Rivers state but you agree with what he said? You deserve an upper cut.

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by taharqa: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
tupem:

I thought I 'handled' this Wike did not do anything as a 'Minister' nonsense yterday

What did Wike do as Min of Education?? And I keep hearing this question. A lot of you chaps have been so bamboozled by APC propaganda that you have lost every sense of independent thought and thinking.

By d way, he was Min of State for Education, and not substantive minister. And as Min for State, he was directly responsible for things like building of Almajiri Schools, Special Girls Schools, UBE, training of teachers through NTI and others.

Under Wike, more than 120 Almajiri day and boarding Schools as well as about 16 Special Girls Schools were built across the country in just over a year. That has never happened in this country!! Wike was holding monthly meetings with the contractors and would bring them to the press (NTA, CHANBELS, AIT, others) to explain the various progress of work each month. That to my knowledge has also not been done before. He was hands-on. Forget his thuggish look. Go and ask to how UBE and NTI also fared under him (hope you know that 60% of the cash used by most of the States in building/renovating schools in the basic education level came from UBE funds).

By the way, wasn't this same Wike the Chief of Staff to Ameachi for almost 4 years or so?? And Ameachi hailed him for his 'efficiency' then. What changed??

Anyways sef, why am I even wasting my time explaining. See!! This election for most of us was not just about the candidates. It was also about that traitor, Ameachi. The Rivers people, and by extension Niger Deltans, wanted to treat his fhucck up. And we are just starting....

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by tupem: 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You don't know Wike and you're not Rivers state but you agree with what he said? You deserve an upper cut.

undecided
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by tupem: 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

just like your hero wike will react! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
You can copy the link below and look up some of his Looting history

saharareporters.com/2015/02/01/wike-patience-jonathan-loot-paralyze-nddc-agency-cant-pay-salaries
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Epistle of a pained loser
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by cheruv: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You don't know Wike and you're not Rivers state but you agree with what he said? You deserve an upper cut

he truly deserves it cheesy
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by doctokwus: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
In a way I do now hope d rivers people would have Wike for 4yrs and let's see if dey won't b d ones coming to beg for liberation from Nigerians.
Wike has won even if by rigging through sentiments of him Wheeping up militants and touts to make them believe Amaechi has betrayed d ss.He has thus used them to rig his way into power by them making use of d only thing they know how to do best, violence and intimidation of opponents.
Am also glad that APGA is showing some presence in d east @ least to give easterners an alternative to d PDP. If d south south want it to be only PDP throughout their zone,so be it,but it would only b their undoing because no polity grows without d presence of an opposition party,no matter how little d opposition party is.

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by cocokiller1(f): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Besides, Buhari was elected president. An ex-military dictator who was one of the group of military rulers who destroyed Nigeria. He was elected and people were celebrating.

Wike has done nothing wrong but you hate him because he's "pugnacious and aggressive". What nonsense!
this people are hypocrites ehn
they don't evn live in rivers state o
u should hear buhari speak
m not blinded by hate
but sincerely 4rm my hrt of hrts,most times I dont understand the things he says

1 Like

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
taharqa:

I thought I 'handled' this Wike did not do anything as a 'Minister' nonsense yterday

All I saw as the achievement you reeled out is the building of 'more than 120 Almajiri day and boarding Schools as well as about 16 Special Girls Schools were built across the country in just over a year'.

Lol. Do you even have an idea what the Educational sector is at all not to talk of the reforms it needs to be globally competitive? How many northern children even attends your so called 'Almajiri school'. I think Northerners deserve some apology by the hypocrisy and insults this past administration hurled on them just by the names of these shoddy and obscene projects they embarked upon to gain cheap political points.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by trappatoni(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
Its nobody's business who they elect to govern them. But frankly speaking wike is nothing more than a thug devoid of ideas.APC should not bother to contest the result the margin is huge.

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by disloman(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Bro!were u born when ASUU went on strike more a yr when he was d minister of education?what abt his thuggery nature?I sori 4 u.

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by blackfase(m): 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Another enduring legacy of d clueless one....
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Sweetguy25: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
disloman:
Bro!were u born when ASUU went on strike more a yr when he was d minister of education?what abt his thuggery nature?I sori 4 u.

How is ASUU strike his fault, didn't he settle the strike finally?

And enough of the thuggery nature, he has no "thuggery nature". He is a married man with kids, he doesn't drink, smoke or womanise like other politicians in Nigeria.

I don't know the problem you people have with this man. Let him be!
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Sweetguy25: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
cocokiller1:
m not blinded by hate
but sincerely 4rm my hrt of hrts,most times I dont understand the things he says

My dear I'm tired of the whole hypocrisy about Wike. They forget that their hero Amaechi was once a known political tout in port harcourt, it is now that everybody remembers that Wike is a tout.
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by kaybams1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
WIKE, PATIENCE JONATHAN LOOT, PARALYZE NDDC: AGENCY CAN'T PAY SALARIES

An ongoing investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed that former Education Minister Nyesom Wike and Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, collaborated in a number of
schemes that enabled them to loot the
resources of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Over a two-week investigation, insiders within the
commission told SaharaReporters that Mrs.
Jonathan and Mr. Wike, current governorship
candidate of the People Democratic Party in
Rivers State, caused a large part of the
commission’s current woes.

A source at the commission alleged that its
management gave Mrs. Jonathan N3 billion
immediately after the National Assembly
approved the commission’s budget. “They said
the First Lady had facilitated the passage of the
NDDC’s budget without delay by the National
Assembly. That’s why they gave her such a huge
sum. The payment was recorded as a
consultancy undertaking,” the source said.

In addition, money drained from the agency is
reportedly bankrolling Mr. Wike’s governorship
bid. “Barrister Wike is using billions of naira from
the NDDC to run his campaign. It is one of the
major reasons that the commission has not been
able to honor its obligations or pay salaries,”
another source at the commission stated.

Numerous sources said Mr. Wike had handpicked
Itotenaan Henry Ogiri as the agency’s executive
director (in charge of finance and
administration). The understanding was that Mr.
Ogiri, a close associate of the Ikwerre-born
governorship aspirant, would dip into the funds
of the commission to help finance Mr. Wike’s
campaign.
Bassey Dan Abia, a lawyer from Akwa Ibom State,
heads the commission’s management, which is
in its second year.

Several disaffected staffers
accused the management of financing other
political projects across the Niger Delta, contrary
to its mandate.
Mr. Wike’s campaign is said to enjoy a huge war
chest from the commission’s funds. The former
Education Minister, who is being backed by Mrs.
Jonathan, showers tons of dollars, his preferred
currency, on his supporters and underlings,
including some ex-militants he has retained to
intimidate supporters of his political opponents.

For the first time since then President Olusegun
Obasanjo rebranded the commission in 2000, the
NDDC missed the timetable to pay workers’
salary in January. In addition, senior staff of the
commission said they were distressed that their
housing, furniture and other allowances have not
been paid for the first time since the
establishment of the agency.

A long time staff of the commission said this was
the first time in his experience that the agency
had failed to pay salaries in more than a decade.
“I was employed here immediately after I
graduated from the University and the NDDC
started the graduate-training scheme. We have
never been owed salary ever. We used to receive
our salaries no later than the 22nd of every
month. But right now we don’t even know when
it is coming,” he said.

Another staff said the board of the commission
was filled with politicians who are bankrolling the
political aspirations of their puppet masters.
“We got over 400 billion naira for our budget last
year. But look at the situation we are in now. It’s
so embarrassing,” the staff said. He said the
board members were mere proxies who take
orders on how to run the agency from outsiders
who are only interested in what they can get
from the commission.
“They are running this place like a fiefdom, and
they receive orders from the politicians that put
them here. They have given all the money to
their political bosses and now we are in trouble
here.”

Occupants of the commission’s top management posts, including its chairman (from Cross River State), its executive director for projects (from Delta State), and its managing director (from Akwa Ibom) were accused of funneling funds to partisan political candidates. The governors of their state of origin nominated members of the management board, except in the case of Rivers State, where Mr. Wike chose. President Jonathan and Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers have been in a long running political feud.

The NDDC was set up to fund projects designed to ameliorate the environmental degradation in the Niger Delta caused by oil exploration. The area produces more than 80% of Nigeria’s wealth.

A staff source said that, while their salaries have not been paid, the management of the
commission was promising them a significant
bump in salaries and allowances if Mr. Jonathan wins re-election on February 14.
“They keep telling us to expect a lot of goodies
when the present president is returned as the
country’s ruler, but does it mean we have to die of hunger because they’re doing election?” the source said.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by richidinho(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dracula27:

Yes ....was fed purely by Nairaland media to be precise
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by zeal22(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
It's good these comments are documented and the e fools will still come back here crying how salaries have not been paid, businesses have started shifting to neighboring states and night life crippled due to insecurity etc let us watch and see. I know how nigeria works. People celebrating this dude cannot say what they should from this government. I dnt know if they are under a spell. I am a comfortable person (thank God) if the state goes bizarre I will quietly relocate.

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by mikolo80: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Schools on strike for six months and you say he did not do anything. At least that "not do anything" part is true cos he was just useless to the ministry under his charge

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by mikolo80: 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
taharqa:

Guy na I hear say na Britain build the almajiri schools and I know for sure that it was Britain that built the girls school and yet it took him 6months to hold meeting with ASUU. Well keep defending incompetence cos he is your man nothing do you

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by Ojiofor: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Make una leave Wike alone as rivers people has made their choice, after all aragbeRascal no fine at all at all yet una like am die.
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by mikolo80: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
cocokiller1:
m not blinded by hate

But is he pugnacios or aggressive
Re: Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom by tit(f): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
as ambode drive yeeboes away from lagos,
wike will drive yorubass away from port harcourt!

1 - 1 goalless draw!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Images In Circulation Said To Be Kano Murder Case Are Not Related / Ipob Should Be Declared As A Terrorist Organization / BBOG Urges FG To Hasten Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.