Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. (24966 Views)

Pls Help!masturbation Is Ruining My Life... / 4 Ways To Keep Social Media From Ruining Your Relationship / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by FLAWLES(f): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
MzzTega:

Yes,it is. Bad breathe and Body Odour can be spiritually in printed in an individual
.nawa oo
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Ethereal0110(f): 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
SOW A SEED AND TIE THIS PROBLEM TO IT. AND FAITH IN GOD, HE WILL OWE YOU A DELIVERANCE FROM THIS CURSE.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by lordthree(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
martineverest:
U re just a big fo.ol......a living corpse in d making...get a life,man
dude go and sleep before anymore brain cells die, you inept bastard, fuvk outta here and go sit on a knife, fuvked up beast
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by winnieb(f): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
I understand how u feel brother, I sat with someone lyk dat in one of my lecture, any moment he open his mouth I feel very bad. I remember my friend keep teling me sory face me so u can smell me. Lol. It an infection, right from ur stomach. I will propose u discuss it with ur girlfriend. Because she now already. Why not tell her u have an infection dat is causeing u bad breath in dat case u can feel releaff. and u both can fight it together. Two head is better than one.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
@OP TRY THIS. THANK ME LATER....1. MEET YOUR DENTIST FOR 'SCALING AND POLISHING' 2. DON'T FORGET TO BRUSH YOUR TONGUE AS YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH (TWICE A DAY... BRUSH BEFORE GOING TO BED) 3. EAT LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES EG CARROT AND CUCUMBER 4. DRINK PLENTY OF CLEAN WATER. 5. EXERCISE REGULARLY .....VERY IMPORTANT.... CONFIRM FROM MEDICAL EXPERTS YOU'RE NOT SUFFERING FROM A MAJOR DISEASE OR AN INFECTED ORGAN.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
daniel9202:

mr man, i said he should walk to a dentist!
Am a student of Federal college of Dentistry Enugu, doubting my integrity is just a waste because am practicing!
recommending S and P for a patient with Bad breath is a first step, then in the course of the routine activity, that is where the check up of vital signs and actual state of oral cavity comes in.
dude, don't quote me again please. specializing on dental therapy, do you know how long and program i have completed?? cnt you see i typed that am practicing
well, I only have a problem with the bolded.

1. there is nothing like "Federal college of Dentistry Enugu", I guess you meant "Federal School of Dental Technology and Therapy" www​.fedsdtten.edu.ng/ .The school doesn't train dental surgery (dental) students and it is not accredited to train dental students by MDCN. please be specific next time : dental therapist or tecnologist so as not to cause confusion !

2.there is no residency for dental theraphy /technology I.e there is no specialization. only a dentist(dental surgeon) can specialize in various fields of Dentistry. your program should be 4year or 5 years at maximum. as you've said that you are practicing, you should be proud to say you are a dental therapist /tecnologist instead using a confusing us with the specialty thing.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by martineverest(m): 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
I can see dat u re metally derailed....nincompoops like u should be directed to 'yaba left' or uselu psychiatric home.......satan be gone
lordthree:

dude go and sleep before anymore brain cells die, you inept bastard, fuvk outta here and go sit on a knife, fuvked up beast
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by QueenHeart(f): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Use sensodyne paste or ethymol.not really expensive mayb 1k or so. Brush twice a day.meehn u will thank me leta.bad breath is due2bacteria
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Raalsalghul: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Why can't you go to a dentist? It is as simple as that.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2015
Firstly, end things with the girl asap. I don't care if u love her. She can't hold u down in times of difficulty be it job loss or sickness. Ditch her before she embarrasses u in public.
Then, please go for scaling and polishing with a dentist. It would remove rotten materials which have accumulated in ur teeth for years.
Then, buy a dental floss and tongue scraper.u should get these at shoprite. Also make sure u brush every night after eating and donot eat anything for the night after u brush. Also buy plenty fruits such as apple and eat every night before going to bed. Indigestion also causes bad breath and fruits can help clean up ur system.
Then, avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol. Run from them becos they make ur mouth dry and a dry mouth increases bad breath. Check the ingredients before u pick any mouth wash.
Then, buy apple cider vinega from shoprite or anywhere and brush with it by puttin maybe a small cap into ur brushing water. It's acidic nature would help lower the ph of the mouth and kill germs causing bad breath.
Then, u can carry a bottle of water with u all d time so u can drink Btw intervals especially at work. Nothing causes bad breath faster than a dry mouth. Also u can buy sugarless gum such as orbit. Avoid cheap gums as it contains sugar and would increase ur bad breath.
Then try to visit a stomach doctor to rule out ulcer and test for H.pylori as well.
Then, u can try goko cleanser or some other detox stuff to cleanse ur system.
Lastly, don't get sad. Some pple are blessed with fresh breath with ease while some have to fight for it. I have a cousin who wakes up in the morning with fresh breath.There are things u have easily that others have to fight for as well. I noticed u write well and seem intelligent, it's a struggle for some other people. Life is always a trade off.

3 Likes

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by DECOtech(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2015
SSBN:

I have a condition BAD BREATH. I noticed this when my erstwhile girlfriend covers her nose with her fingers when i come close,

Go and see a doctor, who would refer you to a good dentist. Meanwhile, learn to chew gum (minty ones) they help a lot by keeping your mouth busy and ventilated.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by frisky2good(m): 12:12am On Apr 14, 2015
Sometimes bad breath does not come from the mouth so you have to first determine the cause of yours. Use diluted hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash and place your palm over your mouth and nose after five minutes. If the odour is still strong, it is coming from your stomach and not your mouth. If there is a considerable improvement, then you need to either go to a dentist or get someone to help you use chewing stick and hydrogen peroxide to clean in between your teeth. Please read the instructions on the hydrogen peroxide bottler before using it. It can be fatal if not diluted properly. Also try to check for ear infections because it sometimes causes offensive odour that might be confused for mouth odour.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nyceguy92: 12:42am On Apr 14, 2015
I must acknowledge your open-mindedness about your problem.

It is most likely that you have a gum infection down in the bottom area. It is also likely that some hardened food and other materials have accumulated.

You need to go to a dentist for what is called deep cleaning.

Nothing much to it...they will examine your teeth for any decays, assess your gums for any wounds, etc.

X-ray shots will be taken to reveal areas where hard materials have built up.

During deep cleaning,conventional practice is to numb your gums so you do feel any discomfort because the dentist has to really get deep down in order to make a good scrape.

You may need to go back for another session after 4 months. Go for cleaning routinely every 6 months.

Of course, avoid foods that naturally produce bad breath, garlic. Brush after food. You can also use one of the many mouth wash liquids available in the market. One prescribed mostly that I know is Peridex( Chlorhexidine).
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by odefdave: 12:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Firstly you've got to be strong and reject depression TOTALLY!
Then love yourself the best irrespective of the present challenge, as God loves you more than anyone
Appreciate God even in the situation as it will soon become history, also many others are going through other bigger challenges in life than this. Always thank God!
Seek all necessary professional help both medical and spiritual (but with caution).
Increase your confidence and don't reject yourself even if ALL REJECT YOU!
The storm will soon be over...with lots of love!

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Atmmachine(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2015
The only solution to mouth odor is by
#Visiting your dentist to remove those rotten teeth or refill them
#Brushing you tongue properly, the odor comes from your tongue.
#Emptying your bowl. Make sure you go to toilet every morning, sometimes the odor comes right from the stomach.
#Brush your teeth every morning & before you go to bed at night.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by greyskalez(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2015
Use chlorine dioxide to rinse your mouth
OR
Get sensodyn toothpaste and brush thrice with it and scrub tongue as well
OR
Buy walnuts and chew,heard some Nigerian students discovered that, aside chewing you can also make it into a paste and brush with
OR
Get lemon,squeeze the juice, mix it with baking soda use it to rinse ur mouth every morning and night

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by lordkeme(m): 1:00am On Apr 14, 2015
FLAWLES:
.is this suppose to be an Advise?mtwwwwwws
sweetie here u ar,hw u doing
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by FLAWLES(f): 1:36am On Apr 14, 2015
lordkeme:
sweetie here u ar,hw u doing
.oya,have u bin searching for me??
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Classicman47(m): 2:50am On Apr 14, 2015
For once in my life i just saw someone who shares my pain. Bro u just laid down my history word for word. This is certainly a frustrating situation.

For sometime now, my motivation for dating is gone! My self esteem flew out the window! I ve taken it as my fate and am just trying anything i can lay my hand on...brushing n gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide, using Orbit chewing gum, but these are simply quick fixes that dont bring an end to the problm. The last time i was at LUTH, i was refered to a Tempero-Mandibular joint scan in VI but no money to go.

This is my worst nightmare. I am scared of losing the new girl i have in my life right now to this problem. But i cant even develop the balls to initiate intimacy with her bcuz i figure she will notice.

God help us. As long as i am alive, to me it is just a challenge i must overcome. And i will never stop trying till i do.!

3 Likes

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Classicman47(m): 2:56am On Apr 14, 2015
Atmmachine:
The only solution to mouth odor is by
#Visiting your dentist to remove those rotten teeth or refill them
#Brushing you tongue properly, the odor comes from your tongue.
#Emptying your bowl. Make sure you go to toilet every morning, sometimes the odor comes right from the stomach.
#Brush your teeth every morning & before you go to bed at night.

that brushing at night offers very little help i can tell.
even if u brush twice in the night, u will wake up in the morning with a terrible morning breath.
Na only God fit help person

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by ElekeNtioba: 2:56am On Apr 14, 2015
islet:
SSBN pay no heed to the insensitive remarks. They are just stupid. I know how u feel. Trust me I do. Send me a personal message and i will tell you how to cure it for free. I will tell you where to get the solution near you for free. I'm not putting it out here for a reason. People here just act like it's beneath them. That it's disgusting people that have mouth odours. So I'm gone help solve yours only because you came out with it and because of the way you are being treated even by your family.

i dont understand. why the secrecy? To what end? Someone else with a similar situation who doesnt have an acct culd be in need of ur help. :|
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Classicman47(m): 2:58am On Apr 14, 2015
greyskalez:
Use chlorine dioxide to rinse your mouth
OR
Get sensodyn toothpaste and brush thrice with it and scrub tongue as well
OR
Buy walnuts and chew,heard some Nigerian students discovered that, aside chewing you can also make it into a paste and brush with
OR
Get lemon,squeeze the juice, mix it with baking soda use it to rinse ur mouth every morning and night

that SENSODYNE is what i ven't tried before.
guess i will try it now. thnx

1 Like

Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by divine247(f): 3:06am On Apr 14, 2015
My dear,if you have tried everything and no one is working,then see doctor jesus the only best doctor in the whole unnivers.pray to him to remove that pain from you dear,I once melt a guy like that,I told him immediately cos I like him,he was happy even appreciated me,that no one has ever told him such,I advice him about doctor jesus and he did,today he's grateful to God and me. Please there's nothing this God can not do.good luck dear
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by islet(f): 3:49am On Apr 14, 2015
@ ElekeNtioba why the secrecy you ask? Simple... It is humbling for you to admit you are not invincible. we all have health issues. Whether mouth odor, body odor etc I don't like people pretending they are invincible or more hygienic. So rather than throwing it here where thousands of people will get a solution from me and pretend they never used it and never come back to acknowledge that it worked because of shame, I prefer to tackle the problem one on one and know it worked. Call me selfish but it's my prerogative. And trust me it's free. I don't need your money. I want to know it worked and be contented that someone out there is happier because of me.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Ranchhoddas: 4:50am On Apr 14, 2015
MzzTega:
Try and find out who cursed you

And I'm getting all these crazy mentions *sighs*
Cases like this happens,someone lays a curse on someone just to frustrate his/her prey. They've been uncountable cases of these and I have seen someone who was cursed with these,he discovered and that was it!
like i said,after trying the medical,go for the spiritual.
Apoptosis of Brain cells.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Eke40seven(m): 4:54am On Apr 14, 2015
@OP, a formula which works like magic and make any odour oozing from the mouth seize automatically is BITTER KOLA. its power of detoxification snd its anti bacterial potency is so instantaneous. Endeavor to always have one in your pocket wherever you go. 3 will serve your daily purpose. BITTER KOLA have some other health benefits which could help in even curing the underlying causes of bad breath. Try to find the underlying courses of bad breath because it could just be a warning signal of something more serious internally.
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 14, 2015
Brushing? ... Twice a day?
flossing?
Mouth wash?
Dentist?
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by pweetymama(f): 6:53am On Apr 14, 2015
SSBN:
Thank you all for your advice, they are greatly cherished and appreciated. For those insensitive people who see this as funny hence a rationale to make fun, i pray you never get to experience this ever. Thanks.
if d dentist stuff does nt work,I advice u see an ENT doctor.A flushing may be needed as d ear,nose n throat are connected.
Goodluck!
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by talk2cj08(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2015
My guy i've had similar problem in time past, firstly i used all d medical remedies it didn't work then i result to natural remedy which kill d halitosi, get a lemon extract d juice into a warm water take in the morning and night after brushing ur teeth. Note make sure u take time to scrape ur tongue go down deep into d lower part also use worm water mixed with salt during and after brush, also try bitter kola it dose magic. Also try and see ur doctor to know if u have any illment like ulster, kidney related desises, longes problem, or even heartburn thanks
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by sammaking(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2015
islet:
SSBN pay no heed to the insensitive remarks. They are just stupid. I know how u feel. Trust me I do. Send me a personal message and i will tell you how to cure it for free. I will tell you where to get the solution near you for free. I'm not putting it out here for a reason. People here just act like it's beneath them. That it's disgusting people that have mouth odours. So I'm gone help solve yours only because you came out with it and because of the way you are being treated even by your family.
Hello
I tried to PM you but it didn't go through.
Please i'll appreciate that you give me a hand on this too. The OP's story is my exact story, no one will truly understand the damages and pains associated with this until you wear this shoe.
Please help @ cyrusinyene@gmail.com. Thanks.

Pls can someone help me on how to PM
Re: How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. by Totfulguy: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2015
SSBN:
As i type these words my heart is heavy and gloomy, filled with sadness. I reckon its a good idea to share my experience (especially those with similar problems).

I am A 30 YEAR OLD man, good looking (i needn't say this i know), financially well off relative to most average young men and certainly not lacking in intellectual capacity.

I have a condition BAD BREATH. I noticed this when my erstwhile girlfriend covers her nose with her fingers when i come close, when we have sex she insists on me hitting her from behind. She tried very hard to make it seem natural so as not to hurt my feelings but there is so much you can hide. Our relationship of course did not last because i was too stupid to figure out why. This was an on and off occurrence hence perhaps my failure to pin point the problem.

Of late the condition has worsened. It is made worse by the fact even your closest friend WILL NOT tell you about your bad breath. Each time i speak within minutes who ever I'm speaking to puts his/her hands over their nose and mouth.

There is this girl I just met. Obviously chemistry was not lacking hence we struck a connect pretty soon, but however since she started paying me visits i noticed as well she consistently tries to distance herself, even when I hug her face points downwards.

Now as of this writing i was paid a visit by my In-law (Dude who married my sister just this past December). I noticed the eye and bodily contacts between both. I'm here in my room but she's right there with him in the living room. Taking off her jean she is dressed in a provocative easy wear, one that accentuates her soft full legs and cute ass.

Mere staying with me revolts now. To buy time for privacy she requests for mundane things life ''Efirin'' leave (used for pepper soup), knowing all too well i will have to drive pretty far. Coming back home i parked outside (Which i don't usually do and walked into my apartment and lo and behold there she was sitting side my side with him, all grins and smiles.

Startled by my unexpected entry, i could see the irritation on her face. Right now as i type these words she is in the living room with my In-law, food is ready she demands she eats, serves him first and later asks with careless abandon if ''i will eat''. IN MY OWN HOUSE.

To say i am hurt and sad is an understatement, being a LEO, i am naturally a very sensitive but this hits me like a big blow; sad, self esteem reduced, i feel so sad.

Conclusion:

I know i am not the only one with this problem, there are thousands of guys like me having the same problem. You wouldn't wish this feeling of hurt and pain for your worst enemy, trust me.

I only wish God will somehow remove this problem for me. I have taken all medications, therapies and mouth wash but all to no avail.

Brush your mouth three times a day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? / Why Do Men Check Out Ladies' Asses? / Why Should A Husband Be Doing This To His Wife? (pics)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.