Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows (78748 Views)

Cost To Supervise A Foundation Of 2storey Building Of 6flats / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat / Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by ushafe(m): 6:19am On May 24, 2015
Nice work, but this is not fix practices in some cases filing the blocks with weak concrete, laying of bolders or hardcores maybe adapt and shoring of excavated trench to avoid collapse. I major in marine / deep foundations and shoreline protection, thank.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by mystical10: 6:25am On May 24, 2015
abdulwastecx:

send the drawing to my mail so i can help with the estimates
don't have any. Want to know what its take
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 6:55am On May 24, 2015
ushafe:
Nice work, but this is not fix practices in some cases filing the blocks with weak concrete, laying of bolders or hardcores maybe adapt and shoring of excavated trench to avoid collapse. I major in marine / deep foundations and shoreline protection, thank.

yes sir...you are right sir
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by smlafolabi(m): 7:21am On May 24, 2015
Good work
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by arizona20: 7:32am On May 24, 2015
I think you will have to lay your DPM after compaction before you make your blinding.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2015
hurricaneChris:
Op good work u have done here. Please don't forget to let us know the challenges u faced while on this project.

ok sir
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by chistevoy(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2015
pls i'ld also like to know what is the estimated total cost for a foundation of 5Bedroom bungallow on a dry land.?
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by crystalzoe: 7:53am On May 24, 2015
ushafe:
he's quoting for bungalow! pls don't derail a beg

1 Like

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2015
chistevoy:
pls i'ld also like to know what is the estimated total cost for a foundation of 5Bedroom bungallow on a dry land.?

send me the drawing
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by drtwist(m): 8:10am On May 24, 2015
lol I have read through your writeup and found out that your end cost is even'higher compare to your aim(less cost) of writing.

Most of the cost you implore are paper work which when you get to site you will meet a different approach.

But thump up anyway.
@buildertwist.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by chimchim1(m): 8:15am On May 24, 2015
Add me up on my bbm 296B4C2E. We need to talk as soon as possible. Or whatsapp on 07037409406
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by osimi: 8:32am On May 24, 2015
Thank you for a job well analysed. Pls what is the estimated cost of building a moderately spacious 4 Bedroom bungalow in a dry land. With land already acquired in a place like lokoja. Thank you.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by illuz(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2015
Really appreciate your good work Mr Abdul and all others that shared information on this page...Trust me I really learnt a lot.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by johnemeka(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2015
Thank you for the info.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by kllinxman(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2015
If the cost of survey is this cheap, then I was misinformed.. Thanks for the thread.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2015
osimi:
Thank you for a job well analysed. Pls what is the estimated cost of building a moderately spacious 4 Bedroom bungalow in a dry land. With land already acquired in a place like lokoja. Thank you.

lokoja is a very good location to build a very cheap and affordable house, i bet you the cost will be minimal....i will need you architectural designs to help you with a figure
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by akume(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2015
Pls can you send this analysis to my e-mail this is highly educative thanks akumetue@gmail.com.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by Daddyolu: 10:11am On May 24, 2015
Could you also please send this beautiful analysis to my inbox- Olu.olumide@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by skyps(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2015
chistevoy:

I'm very intersted to know this as well. Just about to start some thing similar. Thanks @op
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by loladius: 12:44pm On May 24, 2015
Can i build a decent 4 bedroom duplex on half plot of land measured 50 by 50?
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2015
loladius:
Can i build a decent 4 bedroom duplex on half plot of land measured 50 by 50?

Yes, you can, i have a design of a 4 bedroom duplex with length 11m(36feet) x breadth 9.6m(32feet) and it is being constructed at benin.
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 24, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Madam... this is relative topic of discussion. I am not a surveyor but building leveling can also be done by a civil engineer ( see engineering surveying), All these quotes here are for relatively small building work of say two bedroom to three bedroom flats.
The survey aspect of ur quotation is absolutely wrong n misleading.
U expect ppl 2 just give a surveyor 20k for his services n 10k for theodolite?

U only tell ur client d cost of survey per plot. Also, d cost depends on d location. If it's 70k per plot, it covers d amount 2 hire d survey equipments (theodolite/level, gps,tape etc.), transportation, labor, printing n signing.
There's a fixed cost for it depending on the state where d site is located.

I'm not trying 2 spoil ur market but most of our structural engineers know nothing about surveying.

If it's just levelling, will u tell ur client 2 hire equipments for u?
It's a professional job n not a bricklayer's job

2 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by temmy6996(m): 2:23pm On May 24, 2015
abdulwastecx:

1: 3: 6 is weaker than 1: 2: 4 or 1: 2: 4 is stronger than 1: 3: 6, The difference between the two is just the cement content and the ratio of aggregates.

we are talking about a bungalow where the load on the structure are not that critical, hence a well placed concrete of 1: 3: 6 will do the work sufficiently.

The problem now is we don't even follow these ratios because of inadequate concrete production mechanism like batching plant.
pls don't generalise. I follow concrete specification n if u say a mix ratio of 1:3:6 is weak concrete, I guess u av to go back to the drawing board. U can't tell me a concrete mix of 1:3:6 is weak, even when Lagos state material testing lab comes to site during concrete casting, they advice 1:3:6 for reinforced concrete, 1 of the best company having much jobs @ hand is cappa n d'alberto, pls try n check their concrete mix.

1 Like

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by skyps(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
@Abdulwastecx, I sent you an email please do find time to reply me. Thanks for your time
Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by Caution30: 3:27pm On May 24, 2015
Empero1:
@OP ... Good work .

However , I for one , I don't take engineering theory serious . Out there in the field , before you will finish this theory epistle , an informally educated mason ( brick layer ) cum contractor would give you a structurally sound standing and lasting building . I doff my hat for the informally educated brick layers cum contractors in the building sector . This is my experience and opinion , therefore I don't owe anyone an apology .
The reason way we are faced with collapse buildings everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 3:35pm On May 24, 2015
temmy6996:
pls don't generalise. I follow concrete specification n if u say a mix ratio of 1:3:6 is weak concrete, I guess u av to go back to the drawing board. U can't tell me a concrete mix of 1:3:6 is weak, even when Lagos state material testing lab comes to site during concrete casting, they advice 1:3:6 for reinforced concrete, 1 of the best company having much jobs @ hand is cappa n d'alberto, pls try n check their concrete mix.

i am not saying is weak but it is weaker than 1:2:4

3 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 3:36pm On May 24, 2015
temmy6996:

i am not saying 1:3:6 is weak but 1:3:6 is weaker than 1:2:4 than since 1:2:4 has more cement and lesser other aggregates than 1:3:6

2 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 3:42pm On May 24, 2015
pinkbee:

The survey aspect of ur quotation is absolutely wrong n misleading.
U expect ppl 2 just give a surveyor 20k for his services n 10k for theodolite?

U only tell ur client d cost of survey per plot. Also, d cost depends on d location. If it's 70k per plot, it covers d amount 2 hire d survey equipments (theodolite/level, gps,tape etc.), transportation, labor, printing n signing.
There's a fixed cost for it depending on the state where d site is located.

I'm not trying 2 spoil ur market but most of our structural engineers know nothing about surveying.

If it's just levelling, will u tell ur client 2 hire equipments for u?
It's a professional job n not a bricklayer's job

there is no market here to spoil madam. i did about three courses in engineering survey which i had A's in all of them, the least i could do is to carry out a levelling operation of a bungalow on a plot of 15m x 30m.

i believe no client in his right senses will pay you 70k to carry out a levelling operation for him.

2 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by sule4: 3:58pm On May 24, 2015
Please let us be straight forward in our trying to tear down abdulwastecx's approach. It's not alright to get things twisted for ones own gain.
Some contractors are very dishonest; if you're not, don't be scared of his honest and cost saving analysis.

4 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2015
sule4:
Please let us be straight forward in our trying to tear down abdulwastecx's approach. It's not alright to get things twisted for ones own gain.
Some contractors are very dishonest; if you're not, don't be scared of his honest and cost saving analysis.

thank you my brother.... what people don't get is we have about 20m building deficiency in a country of more than 170million people, population growth of 5% and per capital income of $3,000 (N600,000), the best one can do is to build for these low to middle income earners.

1 Like

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by abdulwastecx(m): 4:17pm On May 24, 2015
We are looking at more ways and ideas on how to reduced cost further, so that an average Nigeria can afford to live in a decent accommodation instead of all the slum we find our self.
Bamboo, polystyrene, clay etc are the future of home builder and material engineers.

People want too much money all in the name of professionals, don't let people rip you of your had earn money

5 Likes

Re: Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows by fairheven: 4:35pm On May 24, 2015
abdulwastecx:
I will start here explaining each of the steps listed below with simple arithmetic calculations of equilibrium, cost and with pictorial view of work done in the past.

What is site clearance: in a simple language, it is the removal of bushes, trees, and all other unwanted structures or material on site. materials such as site dump, unwanted sand or gravel etc. It also involved the removal of top vegetable soil of at least 150mm deep into the ground in other to allow for work to be done a solid surface.

How can site clearance be done:
There are two ways in which it can be done, namely;
1. Mechanical ways
2. Manually

1. mechanically: by using a grader to remove this unwanted site materials. This method is faster and cost effective over a large area of building land. I mostly recommend this type clearance for a big to medium project of 1 plot ( 50' x 100 or 15m x 30m) and above.
Most client are scared to use this method because of the perceived cost implication but in reality it offers more values for money because of the following advantages.

1. It offers wider coverage of work over a shot period of time.
2. It help to grade site uniformly, make access road to site and help to get rid of vegetable soil of 150mm above ground level.
3. Condemned soil from top soil removal can further be used to filled the foundation where laterite or other feeling materials are expensive.

Cost implication:
It cost about N60,000 - N80,000 to get a grader in Port harcourt
it cost about N30,000 - N 50,000 to get the vehicle that will bring it to site.
fuel cost of about N20,000
Total of = N110,000 ( minimun)
Total of = N 150,000 ( maximum)

2. manual method: This involve the used of crude implement like cutlass, hoe, rake and shovel to remove the bushes, unwanted materials and top vegetable soil of a building construction site.
This method is cost effective over a small area of land like half a plot for a 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom flat. It is cheaper and more labour intensive than the mechanical method. it is recommended for a small building project like a two bedroom or one bedroom flat on half a plot of land.
It cost about N20,000 or less to prepared a land for two bedroom flat bungalow using this method.
Am about doing a 4bedroom bungalow in a relatively flat ground,do I still need to do mechanical clearing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki / Dstv/ Free to Air Satellite tv Stations/ Multi-dwelling Unit Installation / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.