Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant (4249 Views)

Tokunbo Camry 1999 Or Tokunbo Primera 2000 Or Good Nigerian Used Corolla 2004 / How Do I Know If My Thermostat Has Been Removed?? / Where Can I Get Keke Napep New Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:40am On Apr 14, 2015
Good evening gurus in the house.....Please, I am in a dear need of your advice/recommendations.

Let me note here before going any further that I really do not know much about car. I just bought a car, a Nissan Primera 2000 model, tho a Nigerian Used, based on recommendation from a brother that the car is rugged (suitable for Nigerian roads) and economical. I have had to buy a new engine because the engine that came with it started given a 'knocking sound' according to the mechanic. I happened that during the cause of bringing the car to the state where I stay, the car developed a little fault and the driver that was bringing it called a roadside mechanic to help him look into it, but the so called mechanic ended up worsen the condition of the car. So pathetic!

Now I have bought a new engine and its been fixed, but I noticed the Mechanic, not the road side one now, removed something and when I asked why, he said its the thermostat and that if he did not remove it, the car might be overheating, even though not pleased with his explanation 'cus I believe the Oyibo wey out thermostat sabi why them put am, why we come dey romove am?" I still allowed him to remove it tho, I decided to pick it and keep in my store.

Having read up some threads on this forum, am thinking I should ask the Mechanic to return the thermostat, but is there anything I should know, probably how to know the right thermostat to use.

Another thing is that while they were fixing and testing the engine, some of the oil in the gear poured away and I want to top it up, the ATF I pour in it initially, was OANDO ATF DEXRON II, but now that I want to top up, I have search everywhere in this little town and cant find DEXRON II, however, I saw OANDO ATF DEXRON III and somebody said I can but that too, that III is even better that II, am not comfortable with that tho. PLEASE, CAN I TOP IT UP WITH THE III OR IT MUST BE II.

The third thing I'll like to know is whether the coolant is to go inside the radiator or the reservoir, small container with a hose connected to radiator for returns. I have bought coolant, the green one, according to what I saw on nairaland here, hope am right.

[I]PLEASE, YOU KIND AND SINCERE ADVICE IS URGENTLY NEEDED[/i]
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:47am On Apr 14, 2015
Ikenna351:
[/quote]
[quote author=Siena post=32420732]
Roserbert:
Good evening gurus in the house.....Please, I am in a dear need of your advice/recommendations.

Let me note here before going any further that I really do not know much about car. I just bought a car, a Nissan Primera 2000 model, tho a Nigerian Used, based on recommendation from a brother that the car is rugged (suitable for Nigerian roads) and economical. I have had to buy a new engine because the engine that came with it started given a 'knocking sound' according to the mechanic. I happened that during the cause of bringing the car to the state where I stay, the car developed a little fault and the driver that was bringing it called a roadside mechanic to help him look into it, but the so called mechanic ended up worsen the condition of the car. So pathetic!

Now I have bought a new engine and its been fixed, but I noticed the Mechanic, not the road side one now, removed something and when I asked why, he said its the thermostat and that if he did not remove it, the car might be overheating, even though not pleased with his explanation 'cus I believe the Oyibo wey out thermostat sabi why them put am, why we come dey romove am?" I still allowed him to remove it tho, I decided to pick it and keep in my store.

Having read up some threads on this forum, am thinking I should ask the Mechanic to return the thermostat, but is there anything I should know, probably how to know the right thermostat to use.

Another thing is that while they were fixing and testing the engine, some of the oil in the gear poured away and I want to top it up, the ATF I pour in it initially, was OANDO ATF DEXRON II, but now that I want to top up, I have search everywhere in this little town and cant find DEXRON II, however, I saw OANDO ATF DEXRON III and somebody said I can but that too, that III is even better that II, am not comfortable with that tho. PLEASE, CAN I TOP IT UP WITH THE III OR IT MUST BE II.

The third thing I'll like to know is whether the coolant is to go inside the radiator or the reservoir, small container with a hose connected to radiator for returns. I have bought coolant, the green one, according to what I saw on nairaland here, hope am right.

Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2015
Ikenna351:
[/quote]

Roserbert:

Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2015
Ikenna351:
[/quote] ...

Roserbert:

Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:49am On Apr 14, 2015
Ikenna351:

Siena:

Roserbert:

Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2015
Mod.. Pls help remove the multiple posts..was only trying to quote Ikenna351 and Siena in the post and ended up posting many times. the post before this should be enough to do the job. thanks
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 7:52am On Apr 14, 2015
Pls help a brother...
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by nissparts(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2015
Uhm, Oga, first things first, I know you have said you do not know much about cars but there is a very good chance that the vehicle you have is equipped with a transmission known as CVT.
This transmission does not use any dexron grade of ATF but instead uses ONLY the Nissan NS-1 atf grade.
Thus, before you do anything else, confirm what transmission you have or you may be expecting a transmission replacement quite soon.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
nissparts:
Uhm, Oga, first things first, I know you have said you do not know much about cars but there is a very good chance that the vehicle you have is equipped with a transmission known as CVT.
This transmission does not use any dexron grade of ATF but instead uses ONLY the Nissan NS-1 atf grade.
Thus, before you do anything else, confirm what transmission you have or you may be expecting a transmission replacement quite soon.

Definitely, brother... its CVT as I always see the CVT light flash on the dashboard when the ignition is turned on and then goes off almost immediately.

But I have once pour that Dexron II few weeks ago. But does it means I must ask the mechanic to empty the gear oil then buy the Nissan NS-1 ATF to refill it? Also, will I be able to get the recommended ATF at public places out there or special stores as in the case of OANDO? How much is it?
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by jboixxx: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Why don't u check for d Owner's manual online, it will help u in some ways. gazzuzz, nurey, cityNG could b of help.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
jboixxx:
Why don't u check for d Owner's manual online, it will help u in some ways. gazzuzz, nurey, cityNG could b of help.

Thank you!
Pls do you know of any link where I can get online? have been searching all I see is Service manual with so much techy stuffs for a lay man.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by BTT(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Roserbert:

I have a year 2000 Infiniti G20. It is pretty same car with your Primera with an Infiniti badge.

That car you got is a great car. Don't let you 'Kazeem' ruin it for you.

Get Kazeem to replace that thermo. You own the car, he is your employee.Your engine starts dying the day the thermo was removed. Your fuel consumption worsens without it. There is an expected temperature your engine should run at ¬90° that is like the middle of your temperature gauge. You Can test the thermo before replacing it to be sure it's ok. Just put it in boiling water and you will see it open up. Also get you mech to bleed it the water after fixing it.

Fill the coolant into the reservoir. Don't exceed the Max mark. If you have enough, empty the radiator and fill thee coolant in. I assume you know why you are using the coolant.

The Primera (I assume yours is 2.0 too) comes with - I think 3 types of transmission box). It is only the cvt that uses that Niss 1. The other 2 use Dextron III. The Oando Dextron II you said you put is wrong! There's supposed to be a tag on the transmission dip-stick. Look at it. I pray yours is not the Niss 1 because the price is very humbling. For the Dextron III, the HOLT or SEAHORSE brands are very ok.

BTW, if you must top transnmission oils please never use likes. Use same. From brands to specs - an harmless rule I don't joke with.

Pending when the pros come. I am just a rookie learning my way through.

Good luck bruv.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
BTT:

I have a year 2000 Infiniti G20. It is pretty same car with your Primera with an Infiniti badge.

That car you got is a great car. Don't let you 'Kazeem' ruin it for you.

Get Kazeem to replace that thermo. You own the car, he is your employee.Your engine starts dying the day the thermo was removed. Your fuel consumption worsens without it. There is an expected temperature your engine should run at ¬90° that is like the middle of your temperature gauge. You Can test the thermo before replacing it to be sure it's ok. Just put it in boiling water and you will see it open up. Also get you mech to bleed it the water after fixing it.

Fill the coolant into the reservoir. Don't exceed the Max mark. If you have enough, empty the radiator and fill thee coolant in. I assume you know why you are using the coolant.

The Primera (I assume yours is 2.0 too) comes with - I think 3 types of transmission box)

Thank you for your advise sir! Yes its 2.0, I know this when we were about buying the new engine 'cus I went to the market with the mechanic. As for the Thermostat, I'll get him to fix it as soon as I have the chance, but does it mean region where I am using the car matters not, be it UK, CANADA, GHANA, CAMEROON or NIGERIA same thermo will work well.

Pls what do you mean by "3-types of transmission box"?
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by BTT(m): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Rearsbert:

Thank you for your advise sir! Yes its 2.0, I know this when we were about buying the new engine 'cus I went to the market with the mechanic. As for the Thermostat, I'll get him to fix it as soon as I have the chance, but does it mean region where I am using the car matters not, be it UK, CANADA, GHANA, CAMEROON or NIGERIA same thermo will work well.

Pls what do you mean by "3-types of transmission box"?

Forget that scam about 'oyibo did not make it for our type of temperature' if I hear! For instance, I just did a random check on Google now. Miami, Florida USA and Lagos Nigeria, they have 31° and 32° as today's weather respectively. So what are we talking about? Beside, the manufactures put all of that in perspective. It is layman talk. Nigeria is not the hottest part of the world even if that mattered anything. That is why it is a thermo, it regulates the temperature to what is needed by your car.

Nissan Primera cars carry 3 different type of gear box- wey me I know, Some dey carry 2 electrical sockets, some na just one socket, and the third one na cvt. The first two na dextron III dem dey use. You grab now?
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
BTT:

Forget that scam about 'oyibo did not make it for our type of temperature' if I hear! For instance, I just did a random check on Google now. Miami, Florida USA and Lagos Nigeria, they have 31° and 32° as today's weather respectively. So what are we talking about? Beside, the manufactures put all of that in perspective. It is layman talk. Nigeria is not the hottest part of the world even if that mattered anything.

Nissan Primera cars carry 3 different type of gear box- wey me I know, Some dey carry 2 electrical sockets, some na just one socket, and the third one na cvt. The first two na dextron III dem dey use. You grab now?

Thanks bro, guess mine is CVT 'cus I dey always see CVT flashes on the dashboard anytime i turn the on the ignition. Pls, like how much is the Nissan ATF, just wants to have idea even as I'll still go and confirm the type first.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by nissparts(m): 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
If you have CVT light on the dash, your transmission is CVT.
NS1 4 litre gallon is averagely N14,000.
The longer you have the dexron II in there............................
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by nurey(m): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
That car is not in a condition for you to drive it, it will move but be ready to change parts again.
1. Please drain the engine and check your engine cap, the recommended engine oil weight will be there clearly stated (5W20, 5W30 etc) and also change the oil filter cost about 1k for china grade A

2. Oando dextron in a CVT, that one na wahala, since you are sure its a CVT, follow nisspart suggestion on using the recommended atf for it. Though expensive but give the car what it needs so it can give you what you need in return.

3. The coolant you buy is suppose to go into your radiator, you can top up the reservoir tank not more than the mark between full and low closer to low cause as the engine gets hot, coolant from radiator will flow to reservoir.

4. Make sure your thermometer is fixed back if you don't want excessive fuel consumption and damage to your engine or system.

5. Make sure the guy did not connect your fan directly. Your fan should only kick in when the car has reached optimum temp or if the AC is switched on. Allowing the fan to continuously roll can wear the fan out and may not roll appropriately or roll at all which can lead to over heating.

Do all this first then we move to the next step.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by austin4real(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
I presume u're using the primera p11-144... first advise, kindly drain the Oando dextron II and fill wit the recommended, the engine oil recommended is the 10w-40 variant, I would advise you to routinely check the Air filter of the vehicle cos the air flow meter is delicate, and also make sure u don't exhaust the fuel inthe car, cos the fuel pump does not permit dirt, follow all these and i'm surethe car would serve you till God provides you wit anoda, i'm using the p11-144, this is the second year of usage, the car hasn't given me any major issues since i've been using it.... (it's a manual tranny tho)
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by billy187(m): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dear Op,

I dont mean this to come out as harsh and cold at all but;

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET THAT DEXTRON ATF FLUID OUT OF YOUR CAR , CVT TRANNY AINT ANYTHING YOU WANT TO MESS WITH!!!!

yours sincerely,
Billy187
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks everybody, your comments, advices and recommendations are much appreciated.

On a lighter mood...as educative as the comments coming in are, am kind of getting scared o. make e no be like say we don spoil something. Chai!
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by oluwaseunla(m): 2:08am On Apr 15, 2015
Just seeing this. Dear Op, as they've said, please for the love of God, stop driving that car, at least until you change that transmission oil.

This is what you should do: contact nissparts, ask him to send you the NS-1 fluid (A bit pricey, but better than a new transmission). Drain that dexron in the box completely, and replace it with the NS-1. NS-1 is made by Nissan, you are not likely to get in any filling station. You don't want to mess with that transmission, trust me. If it packs, finding a replacement, not to talk of capable hands to work on it is a really long thing.

The green radiator coolant is OK for your car, just follow nurey's advice. While you are at it, return the thermostat.

Recommended engine oil is a wide range, but most people use 10w-40. You can order on Konga. There is the Castrol Magnatec semi-synthetic that is OK. If you want to use full synthetic, you can use 5w-40 Castrol Edge . Total Quartz 9000 is fine synthetic option too. Sold for N8,500/5 liters at most TOTAL Filling Stations. In our environment, please don't use anything lighter than 5w-40. Some people complain of timing chain rattle when they use extremely light oils.

There is this maintenance chapter in the Factory Service Manual that I strongly recommend that you should get. It's simple enough for anyone to understand.

Lastly you can register on NPOC UK. Just google it and register. It's a forum strictly for Primeras. Read through the threads, you'll learn a lot about your car.

All in all, the car is a really great and reliable ride. But she doesn't tolerate abuse.

Good luck!!!
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by honmusa(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Roserbert:
Thanks everybody, your comments, advices and recommendations are much appreciated.

On a lighter mood...as educative as the comments coming in are, am kind of getting scared o. make e no be like say we don spoil something. Chai!
I have use this car before , it an easy car to maintain,very great on gas,the parts device,etc rarely breakdown,wiring is intact ,and cos of it vvt actuator d car performance is wonderful at all engine speed range, good piece of engineering work from sunderland uk.Mine mileage clocked 350k km mileage and still running fine with no sign of power diminishing at any time.I will always prefer this car over camry or corolla of same year anytime. However the car is unforgiven and doesn't tolerate abuse by illiterate kazeems ,running fan direct,removing thermostat ,using wrong grade of oil,wrong spark plug etc and the car will never give u d best.
If you are in lagos ,call 08061166316 ,I can help u to put things right in dt vehicle if it has not being fully kazeeemed .
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
oluwaseunla:
Just seeing this. Dear Op, as they've said, please for the love of God, stop driving that car, at least until you change that transmission oil.

This is what you should do: contact nissparts, ask him to send you the NS-1 fluid (A bit pricey, but better than a new transmission). Drain that dexron in the box completely, and replace it with the NS-1. NS-1 is made by Nissan, you are not likely to get in any filling station. You don't want to mess with that transmission, trust me. If it packs, finding a replacement, not to talk of capable hands to work on it is a really long thing.

The green radiator coolant is OK for your car, just follow nurey's advice. While you are at it, return the thermostat.

Recommended engine oil is a wide range, but most people use 10w-40. You can order on Konga. There is the Castrol Magnatec semi-synthetic that is OK. If you want to use full synthetic, you can use 5w-40 Castrol Edge . Total Quartz 9000 is fine synthetic option too. Sold for N8,500/5 liters at most TOTAL Filling Stations. In our environment, please don't use anything lighter than 5w-40. Some people complain of timing chain rattle when they use extremely light oils.

There is this maintenance chapter in the Factory Service Manual that I strongly recommend that you should get. It's simple enough for anyone to understand.

Lastly you can register on NPOC UK. Just google it and register. It's a forum strictly for Primeras. Read through the threads, you'll learn a lot about your car.

All in all, the car is a really great and reliable ride. But she doesn't tolerate abuse.

Good luck!!!

Thank you very much...working to do all that has been advised in this tread.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
nissparts:
If you have CVT light on the dash, your transmission is CVT.
NS1 4 litre gallon is averagely N14,000.
The longer you have the dexron II in there............................

How do you advise I drain the Dexron so as to ensure its completely drained from the box...

+ I have been trying to call you back since yesterday, your number is still not going thru. If you have another line aside the airtel I can reach you on.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
honmusa:

I have use this car before , it an easy car to maintain,very great on gas,the parts device,etc rarely breakdown,wiring is intact ,and cos of it vvt actuator d car performance is wonderful at all engine speed range, good piece of engineering work from sunderland uk.Mine mileage clocked 350k km mileage and still running fine with no sign of power diminishing at any time.I will always prefer this car over camry or corolla of same year anytime. However the car is unforgiven and doesn't tolerate abuse by illiterate kazeems ,running fan direct,removing thermostat ,using wrong grade of oil,wrong spark plug etc and the car will never give u d best.
If you are in lagos ,call 08061166316 ,I can help u to put things right in dt vehicle if it has not being fully kazeeemed .

Not presently in lagos actually, but should be in a couple of weeks, I'll try find time, maybe we can see. It still moves quite alright, save that it jerk once in a while, mostly when it's hot. Like not changing gear sort of, then it starts moving slowly till I off the ignition for some minutes to cool and it work again perfectly like nothing is wrong. I presume it's the wrong oil in the gear box.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by autologic: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
Roserbert:

How do you advise I drain the Dexron so as to ensure its completely drained from the box...

+ I have been trying to call you back since yesterday, your number is still not going thru. If you have another line aside the airtel I can reach you on.
I will advice u get the ns1 fluid first and then find a mechanic to drain out the dextron fluid completely and refill with d the ns1.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
autologic:

I will advice u get the ns1 fluid first and then find a mechanic to drain out the fluid completely and refill with d ns1.

That's just what I am going to do.
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by nissparts(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
Roserbert:

Hi, that's my only line and I've been getting calls on it.
What's your number?
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Roserbert(m): 8:20pm On May 05, 2015
Good people, let me first of all thank you all for your kind response and advice. You guys are doing wonders here...

I have decided to wait a little before coming back to post updates about my car, so as to monitor its work after changing the ATF to Nissan NS-1.

Let me first say, if you can get Nissparts when you need your car parts, pls by all means, buy from him. His price is just ok. I wasn't so chanced to buy my NS-1 from him but he guided me through it.

Draining the Dexron from it, the mechanic open the gearbox from bottom and after draining it, he used petrol to wash the cover and allowed it to dry first before bolting it back. then he pour the NS-1 into it. I bought 2x4 liters of NS-1, tho I eventually used ~6liters. When we took the car for test driving, the same thing I complained about earlier still occurred. The car jerked like three times then you can hear the engine revving up but that won't translate to speed as it should be (like the engine is forcing the car to move), but the guy (mechanic) said I should not worry that it will only take the car few days before it re-programme itself.

Its been two weeks now since I change the ATF and the car still acts abnormally sometimes, not everyday like before but like 2-3days intervals. I have only took the car on a distant journey once since then, the same thing occur on my way going and immediately I came back home, I heard a noise like water boiling in the brunet, when i opened it, it was coming from the return box that is connected to radiator. (that has only been experienced once).

I also notice that once the problem happens and I turned off the ignition, then turned it back on, the CVT light will flash like 15times on the dashboard before going back off.

I told somebody that uses same type of car and the person said it might be a C-Sensor, but he's not sure, he said the sensor controls how often the gear changes, and that he knows one or two people that have experience same problem with their car (same NISSAN PRIMERA).

PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? Experts in the house, pls come to this guy's aid.

Thanks
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Readonee35L(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2015
See This guy toying with his transmission , am sorry for you
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 05, 2015
Rserbert, go buy another good gearbox. QED
Re: PLS HELP ME: Nissan Primera 2000 ATF, New Engine (thermostat Removed), n Coolant by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 05, 2015
Roserbert:
I heard a noise like water boiling in the brunet, when i opened it, it was coming from the return box that is connected to radiator. (that has only been experienced once).
I also notice that once the problem happens and I turned off the ignition, then turned it back on, the CVT light will flash like 15times on the dashboard before going back off.
Have you done a scan? Usually when the cvt light flashes (16 times) there's problem with the step motor in valve body of the transmission. Soon enough the car would hardly move. It could also be that your rev sensor(s) is gone bad.
What do you mean by boiling water? Is the car overheating?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine. / Just Curious, Why Do People Blur Plate Numbers While Taking Pictures??? / Toyota Avalon 2007 Vs Lexus ES 350 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.