Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

I Decided To Cook After 3years! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Decided To Cook After 3years! (6591 Views)

How To Cook Recession Rice By Heraldng / How To Cook Ewa Adalu: Corn And Beans; I Bet Some People Can Relate With This / Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Ymodulus: 5:02am On Jun 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Cooking is way cheaper than eating outside and saves you bootloads of money.
Well I don't think that's correct on a 100%. I will say that's 20%right. You need to think of the nutrients, benefits, time, ease.

Buying food outside is better ,faster, more profitablr and cheaper than cooking
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by bigfrancis21: 5:10am On Jun 01, 2015
Ymodulus:
Well I don't think that's correct on a 100%. I will say that's 20%right. You need to think of the nutrients, benefits, time, ease.

Buying food outside is better ,faster, more profitablr and cheaper than cooking

That is totally untrue. Buying food outside is never better than home made food, neither is it cheaper.

Restaurants cook to make profit, they don't care much about quality, but have to in some countries due to sanitary regulation laws they have to abide by.

To eat 3 times a day outside, you spend about $6 - $8 dollars on average per meal, that is about $18 - $24 per day, or $90 - $120 per week = $360 - $480 per month. However, grocery shopping of $50 - $100 and cooking at home will last you a full month, with some left over for the following month. Not forgetting the quality of food you are sure of when you cook your own food at home.

Believe it or not, I am a full witness to this. I have eaten outside and currently cook at home and you CAN'T compare both, in terms of quality and cost.

3 Likes

Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

That is totally untrue. Buying food outside is never better than home made food, neither is it cheaper.

Restaurants cook to make profit, they don't care much about quality, but have to in some countries due to sanitary regulation laws they have to abide by.

To eat 3 times a day outside, you spend about $6 - $8 dollars on average per meal, that is about $18 - $24 per day, or $90 - $120 per week = $360 - $480 per month. However, grocery shopping of $50 - $100 and cooking at home will last you a full month, with some left over for the following month. Not forgetting the quality of food you are sure of when you cook your own food at home.

Believe it or not, I am a full witness of this. ihave eaten outside an currently cook at home and you CAN'T compare both, in terms of quality and cost.
My brother, cooking at home is the best, more healthy and you don't eat unnecessary junk that's hurriedly cooked. All I need to do is go to Kroger with my shoppers card on Friday, I buy what I need in a month and it won't take more than $60.

You are right on point. It's just share laziness that's disturbing a lot of people here. Check the salty chips and sugar he is consuming in his DP. He is surely not eating healthy.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2015
Ewuro4:
Good job slimmy..

But that stove don enter one chance grin see all the splatter.

The guy no wan hear that one grin
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Believe it or not, I am a full witness of this. ihave eaten outside an currently cook at home and you CAN'T compare both, in terms of quality and cost.

Goods restaurants care about quality, eating out saves time too. But I agree with the cost. Cooking at home help save your money.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Trippledots(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
op, if u neva marry, with the way ladies are commenting....dis yr no go pass u by....lol

I'm kidding o.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
slimmy05:
you living room is not as neat as my kitchen

Accept your mistakes and make corrections for better.

Learners with adaptive minds always reach there!!!

cooking and cleaning as someone has rightly noted makes it easier, and more palatable.
Take it or leave it.

Anyway, more grease ...

1 Like

Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Trippledots:
op, if u neva marry, with the way ladies are commenting....dis yr no go pass u by....lol

I'm kidding o.
lol.

1 Like

Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Since one week, you have been busy cooking and learning to cook yet you cannot upgrade.

If you marry with this kind of spirit, na one chance be that ooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
My guy, watsup?
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Ewuro4: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
baibijay:

The guy no wan hear that one grin

I know. I have his clone here. He'll place the spoon on the counter top when the spoon rester is staring at him grin

Atleast he's getting himself nourished, better than fatty take outs.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ewuro4:

I know. I have his clone here. He'll place the spoon on the counter top when the spoon rester is staring at him grin

Atleast he's getting himself nourished, better than fatty take outs.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by MissyB3(f): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
Chei, I disappear from NL and the cute ones come outta hiding?!

Bigfrancis, If you cook as well as you look, oya make we go see my Papa grin
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by Ewuro4: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
blessedapple:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Leave slimy alone jare & stop teasing him
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 10:18am On Jun 03, 2015
Hahahahahhahaah smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Slimy my man, how far? hope u v not gone hiding?
Missing you and all your attacking stuffs

(yawns), but not for your own food ooo!
Good Morning.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by blessedapple: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2015
Yawns again.
Re: I Decided To Cook After 3years! by MrBingo: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
MissyB3:
Chei, I disappear from NL and the cute ones come outta hiding?!

Bigfrancis, If you cook as well as you look, oya make we go see my Papa grin

Darling please can I buy u pant? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*Benefits Of Sea Salt For Health, Hair & Skin* / Square Fruit Stuns Japanese Shoppers / Ramadan: Prices Of Tomato, Pepper Rise By 60% In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.