Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Gate Builders - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Gate Builders (4387 Views)

** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** / Review, Bash Or Praise Your Clients, Builders, Suppliers Or Service Providers / The Concreteman And Other Artisans For Builders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gate Builders by Nobody: 3:08am On Apr 14, 2015
Are there any Nairalanders who build gates on here?

I need a custom job and want a quote.
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 3:24am On Apr 14, 2015
CityNG:

Muyesky, where are you

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
I want something simple this to be constructed in Ibadan. Welding work has to be impeccable and must be done on a jig for accuracy.

Welds need to be ground and be uniform. It'll be approximately 16 feet in length and non sliding.

Anyone that can do this should please let me know the price.

Thanks.

PS: Pic shows something simple, doesn't have to be this but definitely don't need to to be garish like some of the ones I see.

1 Like

Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Haba! CityNG, with that Paparasi bound house you are planning.. you go just put simple gate? NOOO, we no go gree oh!
Don't you know, your gate define you and the house in Nigeria... may be nah temporary gate you dey talk... smiley
One day you go dey outside some people go walk to you and ask is this the "Baba Ilu-Oyinbo" house... What!!!!!
I mean before they see inside, they wan see outside first...

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
mufutau55:
Haba! CityNG, with that Paparasi bound house you are planning.. you go just put simple gate?
Don't you know, your gate define you and the house in Nigeria... may be nah temporary gate you dey talk... smiley

Hajji M.

And exactly one of the reasons why smiley

A gate is simply part of a multi level property defense system.

Question: How do you identify a data center or the high level secured installations?

Answer: Simple, they are the ones that blend into the environment.

Question: Where does the government keep high value informants?

Answer: Safe houses located in unassuming neighborhoods.

There's a method to my madness grin

Security first.
Re: Gate Builders by FastShipping: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
I need one too within the next 10 days. Preferably, non motorized sliding gate. It has to be simple and aesthetic.

Like these....

Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
CityNG:

And exactly one of the reasons why smiley

A gate is simply part of a multi level property defense system.

Question: How do you identify a data center or the high level secured installations?

Answer: Simple, they are the ones that blend into the environment.

Question: Where does the government keep high value informants?

Answer: Safe houses located in unassuming neighborhoods.

There's a method to my madness grin

Security first.

LOL! I always know you are a joker... smiley
Very good point.. but you know many Nigerians just want to show-off their stuffs..
Some of them, their gate is bigger that the two bedrooms BQ bungalow they have inside...
You are a very simple man... BTW.. I also have a simple gate like that...

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
@FastShipping
Those are very nice gates that I will love to have... but the security in Nigeria...
I don't want to display my house to those people o. But I surely love the gates.

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by FastShipping: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
mufutau55:
@FastShipping
Those are very nice gates that I will love to have... but the security in Nigeria...
I don't want to display my house to those people o. But I surely love the gates.

Hajji M.

You are one of the people who talked me into fence and gate thing. I prefer my house to be in the open. So, having any of these open gates to go with maximum prison kind of fence should be okay. I can't consider myself in a house with a maximum prison kind of fence and maximum prison kind of gate together. After reluctantly agreeing to do maximum prison kind of fence, I don't see why my gate should be a maximum prison kind of gate. It just won't work for me.
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
FastShipping:

You are one of the people who talked me into fence and gate thing. I prefer my house to be in the open. So, having any of these open gates to go with maximum prison kind of fence should be okay. I can't consider myself in a house with a maximum prison kind of fence and maximum prison kind of gate together. After reluctantly agreeing to do maximum prison kind of fence, I don't see why my gate should be a maximum prison kind of gate. It just won't work for me.

I surely agreed with you... God will be our Security... I love open space too...

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
I need a gate/fence not to keep "them" out but to keep me in.

I will have the required fence and gate but the challenge for me is designing the grounds so that I don't see the wall and gate. Hence why I bought two plots and combined them.

There will be lots of shrubbery, trees and other natural camouflage.

The gate itself will be covered with vines. So I don't need a striking one.

I've revealed too much. I will now go back to painting my face and sharpening my cutlasses while whistling Dixie grin
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
LOL!! CityNG.

Go thru the link below and see if you can see a simple gate there..

https://www.nairaland.com/1410552/security-armored-doors-burglary-proofs

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by abdulwastecx(m): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2015
CityNG:
I want something simple this to be constructed in Ibadan. Welding work has to be impeccable and must be done on a jig for accuracy.

Welds need to be ground and be uniform. It'll be approximately 16 feet in length and non sliding.

Anyone that can do this should please let me know the price.

Thanks.

PS: Pic shows something simple, doesn't have to be this but definitely don't need to to be garish like some of the ones I see.

baba city... always going for something simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gate Builders by abdulwastecx(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2015
CityNG:

all you need to do sir is get a good design/picture of your dream gate online, give it to a designer ( preferably, auto card expert ) to do the working/construction drawing. finally, look for a very good fabricator or welder to do the job for you to your designed/picture specification

2 Likes

Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 15, 2015
abdulwastecx:

all you need to do sir is get a good design/picture of your dream gate online, give it to a designer ( preferably, auto card expert ) to do the working/construction drawing. finally, look for a very good fabricator or welder to do the job for you to your designed/picture specification

I'll do that, thanks.

In fact the only reason that I did block wall was the unavailability of chain link fence. I would have done the perimeter with chain link fence since it will be backed by 3 feet of solid shrubbery.

I had land thief that were moving the beacons so I had to do a fence quickly.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 15, 2015
abdulwastecx:

baba city... always going for something simple

Only on the outside. The inside will be an exquisite work of art. Each piece will be a conversational piece. "Arimagboju" in fact grin
Re: Gate Builders by NL1960: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2015
FastShipping:
I need one too within the next 10 days. Preferably, non motorized sliding gate. It has to be simple and aesthetic.

Like these....

Saving the first picture for future use. Never like a gate that you cannot see what is going on outside when you are inside. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to have your front fence to be all walls and gate enclosed. My front fence will be a combination of blocks and metal and then a gate like the first picture.
Re: Gate Builders by enrilove12: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
NL1960:

Saving the first picture for future use. Never like a gate that you cannot see what is going on outside when you are inside. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to have your front fence to be all walls and gate enclosed. My front fence will be a combination of blocks and metal and then a gate like the first picture.

You mean like this?

Re: Gate Builders by NL1960: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
enrilove12:

You mean like this?

Something like that especially for the fence. The gate here is half covered. Still considering whether to go for this or the one that is fully not covered.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is what I originally designed myself on SketchUp.

After been given an opportunity to experience her at close range, Nigeria impressed me that she is not quite ready of my style of living especially out in the boonies where I chose to live without being bothered grin

PS: This is going to offend the purists...cough Hajji cough..but I'm going for a no nonsense harsh industrial look grin

City "no pesky roman columns" NG

Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
CityNG:
This is what I originally designed myself on SketchUp.

After been given an opportunity to experience her at close range, Nigeria impressed me that she is not quite ready of my style of living especially out in the boonies where I chose to live without being bothered grin

PS: This is going to offend the purists...cough Hajji cough..but I'm going for a no nonsense harsh industrial look grin

City "no pesky roman columns" NG

CityNG, I actually like your proposed building look... we have to start a change from somewhere...
Nice design.. I have been playing with Sketchup too but over $500 for the purchase is not for me...
I will love to see your FINAL design, so I can salvate on it.. I am too old for the modern architecture though.

Note: If we cannot have Owambe party on that decking level, then you have to modify it oh... smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
mufutau55:

CityNG, I actually like your proposed building look... we have to start a change from somewhere...
Nice design.. I have been playing with Sketchup too but over $500 for the purchase is not for me...
I will love to see your FINAL design, so I can salvate on it.. I am too old for the modern architecture though.

Note: If we cannot have Owambe party on that decking level, then you have to modify it oh... smiley

Hajji M.

SketchUp is actually a free download from their site. When I got on the ground I saw that the large amount of elevated patio will cause issues in terms of collecting heat and also dirt (I don't really want to spend the first week of my 2 week vacation cleaning up first). Still keeping the internal courtyard that is open to the sky though.

Darynex has shown me the light and he's taken me on a different path.
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
CityNG:

SketchUp is actually a free download from their site. When I got on the ground I saw that the large amount of elevated patio will cause issues in terms of collecting heat and also dirt (I don't really want to spend the first week of my 2 week vacation cleaning up first). Still keeping the internal courtyard that is open to the sky though.

Darynex has shown me the light and he's taken me on a different path.

Yes. I did download it FREE.. but its limited (TRIAL) and for few days.. then to be able to do everything, you have to buy it.

So, there is no solution to the heat/dirt on the upper slab?

I am glad you can say good thing about Darynex.. I have been enjoying most of his designs too...

Hajji M.
Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes. I did download it FREE.. but its limited (TRIAL) and for few days.. then to be able to do everything, you have to buy it.

So, there is no solution to the heat/dirt on the upper slab?

I am glad you can say good thing about Darynex.. I have been enjoying most of his designs too...

Hajji M.

There's a ready solution for the heat dirt here in the US but when you add the 9ja situation it just gets more complicated. I'm limiting myself to an elevated patio on only the garage/gatehouse combo. I can manage that size.

And I continue to be impressed by Darynex. He has the patience of a Saint. He'll go far in his field and will be a blessing to clients like me with exacting taste/specs.
Re: Gate Builders by mufutau55(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
CityNG:

There's a ready solution for the heat dirt here in the US but when you add the 9ja situation it just gets more complicated. I'm limiting myself to an elevated patio on only the garage/gatehouse combo. I can manage that size.

And I continue to be impressed by Darynex. He has the patience of a Saint. He'll go far in his field and will be a blessing to clients like me with exacting taste/specs.

Yeah! Exactly what I was saying, there are so many houses here that we will like to emulate, but our condition in Naija will not allow it; especially when we are not on ground to maintain it.

I am glad to be hearing good things about Darenyx, he has been spewing out some good designs... I am glad he didn't bury his talent.
Please share with us whatever you come out with.. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Gate Builders by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
mufutau55:

Yeah! Exactly what I was saying, there are so many houses here that we will like to emulate, but our condition in Naija will not allow it; especially when we are not on ground to maintain it.

I am glad to be hearing good things about Darenyx, he has been spewing out some good designs... I am glad he didn't bury his talent.
Please share with us whatever you come out with.. Thanks.

Hajji M.

You're absolutely right Hajji.

Once I was on the ground physically and experienced 9ja herself in all her glory I had to do a reset of all my illustrious schemes grin

(1) (Reply)

An Igbo Man Becomes The First Land Lord In Eko Atlantic / A Duplex Of 4 Luxurious Bedrooms For Sale At Amuwo Odofin, Lagos / 4 Plots Facing Express @ Abijo By Noleys Resturant #80m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.