Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Pink Hits Back At Weight Critics - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pink Hits Back At Weight Critics (587 Views)

How I Easily Got Pink Lips (photos) / Bride In A Pink Wedding Gown (Photo) / Why Is Pink Most Ladies' Favourite Colour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pink Hits Back At Weight Critics by kayleyons(f): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2015
Pink has told people not to be "concerned" about her figure.

Pink has slammed her weight critics by insisting she feels "beautiful" in her "voluptuous" body.

The 35-year-old singer and her husband Carey Hart attended the John Wayne 2015 Odyssey Ball in Beverly Hills on Saturday, where she wore a striking black dress with a daringly low neckline.

While she clearly oozed confidence on the red carpet, it didn't stop internet trolls from sending hateful messages regarding her weight.

[img]http://content.tv3.ie/content/images/0710/312d6799-748d-4d16-89bb-2afe996cda01_636x357.jpg[/img]
long prom dresses uk
Luckily Pink has taken the mean comments in her stride and took to Twitter to share a long response to her critics.

"I can see that some of you are concerned about me from your comments about my weight. You're referring to the pictures of me from last night's cancer benefit that I attended to support my dead friend Dr. Maggie DiNome. She was given the Duke Award for her tireless efforts and stellar contributions to the eradication of cancer," the star wrote, adding that her weight seems to have become more important to people than the cause of the event.

"While I admit that the dress didn't photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty. In fact, I feel beautiful. So, my good and concerned peoples, please don't worry about my. I'm not worried about me. And I'm not worried about you eithersmiley...I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off. Thanks for your concern. Love, cheesecake. (sic)"

Luckily Pink and Carey had plenty of fun at the event. To accompany a cute black and white photo of them from the event, in which they're sat at their table beaming at the camera, Pink joked about Carey's outlook.

"and my hubby says "it's just more to love baby" (and then I smack his hand off my booty cause we're in a supermarket) (sic)" she wrote.

Pink added that she's "happy" in her own skin, along with sharing a sweet comment made by her daughter Willow, who asked why her mother is so "squishy".
vintage bridesmaid dresses

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Matters: A Must Read. / Keep It Tight! / Geneva Silicone Quartz Watch For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.