Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (35923 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Wait wait wait....are you serious

I didn't know that they cancelled the show....I thought when you said it's 'over' that you meant Vanessa's & Ethan's relationship, etc.

I'm thoroughly pissed! angry
.. .... Lol.... It's been cancelled ....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.. .... Lol.... It's been cancelled ....

I was actually waiting to watch episode 9 with my sister in-law tonight (she started watching and was catching up)...so I didn't know what happened but I now had to watch it on my own...
....I'm so disappointed on how it ended angry
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hunnydropps:

I was actually waiting to watch episode 9 with my sister in-law tonight (she started watching and was catching up)...so I didn't know what happened but I now had to watch it on my own...
....I'm so disappointed on how it ended angry

.... ... Lol.... You are not alone dear, I am very disappointed too. There were just so many holes in this season. Ethan and Vanessa's relationship was never truly developed. Ethan's gift that has been said over and over in the show is for fighting evil was also never truly developed. Ethan killed more innocent people thank than the evil ones. I could go on and on but the conclusion is that the finale was poorly written...
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... ... Lol.... You are not alone dear, I am very disappointed too. There were just so many holes in this season. Ethan and Vanessa's relationship was never truly developed. Ethan's gift that has been said over and over in the show is for fighting evil was also never truly developed. Ethan killed more innocent people thank than the evil ones. I could go on and on but the conclusion is that the finale was poorly written...

I agree with you on all counts. All that hype throughout the series...especially about Ethan and it turns out like this? SMH.

Reminds me of how they ended the series 'True Blood'.

2 thumbs down on the series finale. Oh well....on to the next I guess.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hunnydropps:

I agree with you on all counts. All that hype throughout the series...especially about Ethan and it turns out like this? SMH.

Reminds me of how they ended the series 'True Blood'.

2 thumbs down on the series finale. Oh well....on to the next I guess.
... ....yup, on to the next good thing..
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Y'all talking bout how you pissed with the way the show ended, how about me, I had a bloody seizure... damn Daniel, My Vannesa sacrificed herself and the S.O.B calling himself Dracula walked on.. like it was nothing. SMDH, I Just can't, frustrations fiesta here. But albeit I am glad they chose not to continue without the spine of the show (Vannesa) even though they wanted to make am ensemble like the Moon Eva Green stood out, and she owned it, being the trunk of Penny dreadful. Couldn't watch the creature's scenes too heartbreaking, reunited only to witness the death of your only child, my heart goes to Lily, forever going to ask myself what next, Dr Seward got away with murder in New York.. .how, and the Thanotologist she had chemistry with everyone, good fighting skills SMH, last but not least The whole drama of introducing Jekyll and later not allowing us to Feast on Lord Hyde is just pure folly,
cry
But it is Well
I am Very okay with the End, with our dear Miss Ives at peace and it was brought by her Ethan.
On to the next one you say,
Wynona Earp is a promising series. Currently in it's first season, You can look it up.

Dragonking, Hunnydropps, Solomon and all who are followers of these thread, it's been a pleasure to share my feelings with you, I am glad for the time spent.

Signs out. Closes Phone, takes another shot of Vodka, because am clearly still mourning the Enchanting Miss Ives. cry cry cry embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Wait wait wait....are you serious

I didn't know that they cancelled the show....I thought when you said it's 'over' that you meant Vanessa's & Ethan's relationship, etc.

I'm thoroughly pissed! angry
Yes, it is really over.. .i have checked the internet and it is confirmed. ... **crying**

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2016
solomonbrown64:

Exactly, the finale was poorly written and the way they rushed the finale was disappointing. ..It wasn't a happy ending at all.. **crying**
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Elymoney:
Y'all talking bout how you pissed with the way the show ended, how about me, I had a bloody seizure... damn Daniel, My Vannesa sacrificed herself and the S.O.B calling himself Dracula walked on.. like it was nothing. SMDH, I Just can't, frustrations fiesta here. But albeit I am glad they chose not to continue without the spine of the show (Vannesa) even though they wanted to make am ensemble like the Moon Eva Green stood out, and she owned it, being the trunk of Penny dreadful. Couldn't watch the creature's scenes too heartbreaking, reunited only to witness the death of your only child, my heart goes to Lily, forever going to ask myself what next, Dr Seward got away with murder in New York.. .how, and the Thanotologist she had chemistry with everyone, good fighting skills SMH, last but not least The whole drama of introducing Jekyll and later not allowing us to Feast on Lord Hyde is just pure folly,
cry
But it is Well
I am Very okay with the End, with our dear Miss Ives at peace and it was brought by her Ethan.
On to the next one you say,
Wynona Earp is a promising series. Currently in it's first season, You can look it up.

Dragonking, Hunnydropps, Solomon and all who are followers of these thread, it's been a pleasure to share my feelings with you, I am glad for the time spent.

Signs out. Closes Phone, takes another shot of Vodka, because am clearly still mourning the Enchanting Miss Ives. cry cry cry embarassed cry
Honestly there was no need for Miss Ives to sacrifice herself because Ethan Apache father has already told her in a vision that they are coming. ...She should had hung on until they arrived. .. **cries**

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by HeedrizDepearl(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Let's not fret....I don't think it's over. Maybe it's the beginning of an intense and satisfying storyline....the process of winning back & saving Vanessa? The part that really sucks is that we'll have to wait until next season to see all that sad

So much has happened this season with nothing really wrapped up neat & tidy which means next season will probably be action packed.

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
It baffles me as to why they would have some of the best episodes ever this season but end it so unceremoniously. Seemed really last minute and definitely lacklustre.

Good thing that I've started watching 'PREACHER' (great show so far) you all might want to check it out...especially since 'GOT' is finishing their season too.

Dragonking Solomonbrown64 Elymoney
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by fF01(m): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Please guys ezz dis Series lyk full Horror, i mean lyk horror horror cuz horror movie kinda scare me bur d rating ezz enticing thou!
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Marvel1206: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
solomonbrown64:
... ....yup, on to the next good thing..
Hello Bruh!

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Dragonking:
Exactly, the finale was poorly written and the way they rushed the finale was disappointing. ..It wasn't a happy ending at all.. **crying**
... Lol.... Don't cry bro, I felt bad too after I learnt the show was cancelled.....we just have to move to another one.. Sadly, there is none at the moment......
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hunnydropps:
It baffles me as to why they would have some of the best episodes ever this season but end it so unceremoniously. Seemed really last minute and definitely lacklustre.

Good thing that I've started watching 'PREACHER' (great show so far) you all might want to check it out...especially since 'GOT' is finishing their season too.

.........I think the season 2 messed up the ratings. There were so many holes that could have been filled in that season which could have freed space for other things that were added this season. They didn't do this and this forced them to rush the finale. It was just poor preparation and bad decision making.
....I Think preacher is cool, Dominic Cooper is one actor I love to watch his roles..... And that crazy dude from the movie Lockdown, mad combination....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Marvel1206:

Hello Bruh!
.. Hey bro....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
fF01:
Please guys ezz dis Series lyk full Horror, i mean lyk horror horror cuz horror movie kinda scare me bur d rating ezz enticing thou!
.... .... It has a little bit of horror but it's actually a supernatural movie......
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Marvel1206: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.. Hey bro....

sorry for the disturbance sire..

I would like you to vote for refiner tomorrow..
She's among the contestants for miss nairaland..

Could you pls vote her
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by fF01(m): 6:39am On Jun 25, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... .... It has a little bit of horror but it's actually a supernatural movie......
ok thanks. definatelly seeing it.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
solomonbrown64:

... Lol.... Don't cry bro, I felt bad too after I learnt the show was cancelled.....we just have to move to another one.. Sadly, there is none at the moment......
Which show can replace Penny dreadful series with the old English ancent, the excitement, the horror, the intrigue, suspense and most importantly the diabolism? **cries**
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
fF01:
The series is wonderful and you will enjoy it

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hunnydropps:

According to the producer, they ran out of Content.. .They couldn't come up with anything that can prolong the series so they decided to end it.. .

**cries**
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
Strolls back in.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dragonking:
According to the producer, they ran out of Content.. .They couldn't come up with anything that can prolong the series so they decided to end it.. .

**cries**

Hope you've heard the good news

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7 / N45M BBNaija 2018 Prize: Who Wins Tomorrow? / BBNaija: CeeC "Tobi Bakre Is 29 Years Old, He Told Me That"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.