Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36103 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
very good episode and very educating too(to seduce successfully you have to make the other feel so important giving him/her a false illusion of the future.madam Kali and her power hungry daughter used this successfully).oh mr dorian gray your taste for adventures will come back bite you one day.

i think for Lily the prospect of living a life completely opposite of what she was used to is making turning her into a monster.she enjoys the power she now possesses and its 'shacking' her.i think the room in which sir Malcolm and dr Frankenstein are held is meant to bring out your deepest fears/regrets and make them real,i think alot of courage will be required to break out.sembene definition of a man with a good heart,i hope they get another character like you.

miss ives is obviously talented(why else would the devil want you) but apart from that episode in S1 and her ability to read cards i haven't quite seen what she is capable of(i sincerely hope to see some action from her in the finale).looking forward to the finale.
hunnydropps i hope u are feeling better.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 01, 2015
@solomonbrown64

You have me laughing. Lily's monster squad, LOL. Can you imagine the looks of that lot? Have mercy, hahaha.

John Claire is going to either turn terribly bad or become really good. There's no way he can escape this lastest thing changing him.

Poor Ethan didn't want to hurt Sembene and Sembene didn't want to kill Ethan. So sad..R.I.P SEMBENE.

CC DragonKing hitch05
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 01, 2015
@hitch05 Thanks Im feeling better smiley

I too had the theme of seduction stick out in my mind during this episode. How evil always entices, uses beauty, is alluring. I think it says a lot about the challenges our good guys will face. So many things to distract them. Danger, intrigue, love, the promise of power...hhmmm, the possibilities for even deeper storylines.

I slso want to see more of Vanessa's 'powers'. I think she's capable of so much more.

What of Lyle, guys He just came clean and told on himself that he was down with Kali. I was shocked that they were all pretty cool about it..maybe the betrayal hasn't sunken in with the others yet but I'm glad they still trying to focus...they need to address that though to move on with trust between them all.
Cc: Dragonking solomonbrown64
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2015
@hunnydropps That's good to know.For mr lyle i think the timeline didn't allow for in-depth analysis of his confession( sir Malcolm had just gone gun blazing to the witches den,miss ives and Chandler were confronting a determined bounty hunter) so the only choices were throw him off the team or continue working with him.you will need all the help you can get to win this battle(he could still be working for the witches who knows).i pity john Claire,the guy don suffer many rejections since he was re-awakened.i won't blame him if he joins the 'monster squad'.i also think mr detective is in for a shocker if he keeps digging.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@DragonKing @solomonbrown64

Hello friends...ive been itching to reply and discuss this episode with you but im in hosp getting treatment so its a little difficult...srry guys.

Okayyyy, the fight at the beginning!!!! Vanessa stabbed that guy like mad, right? Her and Ethan were really wrking together. I loved how she jumped in to help at the right time to help...my type of woman. Remember when Ethan was asking her if she's ever killed a man and that it changes u forever Well tah-dah...welcome to the club Miss Ives, lol.

Im heartbroken over Sembene it hurt my heart sad I do wish there were more ppl of color represented..id like to see a fellow puerto rican (but we know that prob wont happen..not too many other colors beside white living England at that time). Watch..the only brother on the show is gunna prob come back as a spirit and live in Mr. Chandler, lol. Remember the story Sembene told Ethan about the monkey and the crocodile; one becoming one with the they eat Hmm, maybe we haven't lost him folks smiley

Malcolm and Vanessa are VERY similar but im not surprised since they've known eachother all Vanessa's life. I qualify themvas father & daughter, especially since neither had anyone else left.

As for Lily. She is turned on by Dorian also being immortal, the violence they can inflict on others (not to mention the rough sex they can engage in with no consequences). Caliban won't do for her because he's too soft inside but Dorian dont give a freak about what others think, he's wild and i think Lily sees him as an equal. Caliber was just a pathetically creature to her.

That blind girl is wicked! Her people are rotten as well. What Caliban need to do is go crazy on them. Rip their behinds apart before they lock him up for good! He's strong enough.

I have no idea how Sir Macolm and Dr. Frankeistein are gunna escape. Maybe Kali will help so he isnt killed. Her daughter I think lusts for Mr Chandler but love im not sure. He is a turn on for her and can prove very useful but i think she'll sell him out real fast.

I wish you speedy recovery IJN. Make sure u take ur medication appropriately.

Back to topic; I doubt if sembene will fuss with Mr chandler..but I believe he will come back to live as we know very little of his powers.

The blind girl ain't wicked rather Caliban is being foolish hence he is easily deceived. Caliban should stop the self pity and take charge.

Kali doesn't care about Dr Frankenstein but as for sir Malcolm, she won't let him die cos she loves him.

Heckaty also loves Mr chandler and not lust..remember she wants to overthrow madam kali and needs a man by her side when she does..she might use him to kill madam kali though.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.... Hey family...
... I think Lilly is assembling a monster squad... It's very clear she is doing so if you have been following her speeches....
... Damn, John Clare will now lose total faith in humanity and will without hesitation join Lilly's squad if he is rescued though.....
.... I feel for Sembene though..... Because in that state, Ethan Talbot doesn't know friend from foe....
... The next episode will be mad.... I am even more happy to know that the show has been renewed for season three ...
Cc Hunnydropps, DragonKing.

Lilly will definitely be betrayed by dorian or caliban as she is currently power drunk.

Caliban is the cause of his woes and until he stop the self pity behavior, he will always end up locked in a cage by a blind girl.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
hitch05:
very good episode and very educating too(to seduce successfully you have to make the other feel so important giving him/her a false illusion of the future.madam Kali and her power hungry daughter used this successfully).oh mr dorian gray your taste for adventures will come back bite you one day.

i think for Lily the prospect of living a life completely opposite of what she was used to is making turning her into a monster.she enjoys the power she now possesses and its 'shacking' her.i think the room in which sir Malcolm and dr Frankenstein are held is meant to bring out your deepest fears/regrets and make them real,i think alot of courage will be required to break out.sembene definition of a man with a good heart,i hope they get another character like you.

miss ives is obviously talented(why else would the devil want you) but apart from that episode in S1 and her ability to read cards i haven't quite seen what she is capable of(i sincerely hope to see some action from her in the finale).looking forward to the finale.
hunnydropps i hope u are feeling better.

Hunnydropps:
@hitch05 Thanks Im feeling better smiley

I too had the theme of seduction stick out in my mind during this episode. How evil always entices, uses beauty, is alluring. I think it says a lot about the challenges our good guys will face. So many things to distract them. Danger, intrigue, love, the promise of power...hhmmm, the possibilities for even deeper storylines.

I slso want to see more of Vanessa's 'powers'. I think she's capable of so much more.

What of Lyle, guys He just came clean and told on himself that he was down with Kali. I was shocked that they were all pretty cool about it..maybe the betrayal hasn't sunken in with the others yet but I'm glad they still trying to focus...they need to address that though to move on with trust between them all.
Cc: Dragonking solomonbrown64

Well said. Hopefully we will see miss Ives real power in season 3 as she battles her doll self and also the witches. But remember, the more she uses her powers, the closer she gets to Lucifer/evil.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
hitch05:
@hunnydropps That's good to know.For mr lyle i think the timeline didn't allow for in-depth analysis of his confession( sir Malcolm had just gone gun blazing to the witches den,miss ives and Chandler were confronting a determined bounty hunter) so the only choices were throw him off the team or continue working with him.you will need all the help you can get to win this battle(he could still be working for the witches who knows).i pity john Claire,the guy don suffer many rejections since he was re-awakened.i won't blame him if he joins the 'monster squad'.i also think mr detective is in for a shocker if he keeps digging.

Mr Lyle does not like the witches anymore especially when madam Kali called him a little fat man in episode 7. He might get killed in the process of this betrayal.

As for the detective, I pity him cos he is biting more than he can chew. Yes he wants to find out the truth but can he handle the truth. Don't be surprised if he followed mr Chandler and co to the witches house.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dragonking:

Lilly will definitely be betrayed by dorian or caliban as she is currently power drunk.

Caliban is the cause of his woes and until he stop the self pity behavior, he will always end up locked in a cage by a blind girl.

You have said it all..... Can't for the finale.... But still I wonder who will tame Ethan now...
.. Speedy recovery @ hunnydropps
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
@DragonKing @solomonbrown64 I'm feeling much better. Reading and replying to your posts was a good distraction cheesy

"...he will always end up locked in a cage by a blind girl."
DragonKing you had me laughing so hard with that line. I've never thought this saying was 100% true but in relation to him it is truly a case of "you need to love yourself first in order for others to love you".

I hope Ethan doesnt join with that witch from being in a weaker state after killing Sembene. That really will mess with his head & heart because Sembene was the only one that Ethan actually revealed himself to and asking for his help. Ethan is gonna feel that pain for sure.

As for the inspector, I think he is running the great risk of ending up like that man that Ethan and Vanessa had to kill in the opening of the episode. Unless maybe inspector followed everyone from Sir Malcolm's house to Kali's place where he sees all this crazy fighting and witchcraft going on and helps our people escape. Upon escape they explain to him what is going on and he joins up with them to fight evil

CC Hitch05
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dragonking:

Penny dreadful was ranked among 20 top tv series of 2014. This is a tv serie that came out with only 8 episodes for season 1. It was rated 4.8 out of 5 by IMDB.

Season 2 will be the bomb cool

I see you.

You again advice me to watch this series on the GOT thread. That's why I came here to see reviews. Will get season 1 today up to ep 4 and see what the hype is about.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
armadeo:

I see you.

You again advice me to watch this series on the GOT thread. That's why I came here to see reviews. Will get season 1 today up to ep 4 and see what the hype is about.

Am glad and I believe that u won't be disappointed.. Just watch with an open mind.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
Dragonking:

Thanks a lot. Please we need more of ur thoughts and contributions on this thread to move it forward.

Sure boss. I will try and come online more.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Elymoney:

Sure boss. I will try and come online more.

Ok. What's ur thought on the last episode? And who is ur favorite character?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Still slowly watching this, currently on season 1 episode 6. Of course, I've already spoiled things for myself by reading ahead.

Eva Green as always is a fantastic actress. Billie Piper with an Irish accent is weird to me, but she still is a competent actress (she has come a long way from a teen pop singer). I'm always happy to see Timothy Dalton in anything. Nice to see Josh Hartnett in something, where did the dude go to?

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
cao:
Still slowly watching this, currently on season 1 episode 6. Of course, I've already spoiled things for myself by reading ahead.

Eva Green as always is a fantastic actress. Billie Piper with an Irish accent is weird to me, but she still is a competent actress (she has come a long way from a teen pop singer). I'm always happy to see Timothy Dalton in anything. Nice to see Josh Hartnett in something, where did the dude go to?

I am so glad u are catching up real fast. Timothy Dalton is my favorite character. What's yours and I hope this thread hasn't released too much spoiler for you?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Dragonking:

I am so glad u are catching up real fast. Timothy Dalton is my favorite character. What's yours and I hope this thread hasn't released too much spoiler for you?
On episode 7, right now I really hate Malcolm Murray, the conniving SoB - Vanessa's demon just opening everybody's yash. Like I said, I've already spoiled it for myself before I even came to this thread.

I'm kinda partial to Ethan Chandler & Vanessa Ives...
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
cao:

On episode 7, right now I really hate Malcolm Murray, the conniving SoB - Vanessa's demon just opening everybody's yash. Like I said, I've already spoiled it for myself before I even came to this thread.

I'm kinda partial to Ethan Chandler & Vanessa Ives...

Am glad you are enjoying it. I told u that the show is great. Yea and do u know that Ethan and miss Ives need each other. I don't wanna leak too much about it but you will get it once u start with season 2
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
@Hunnydropps, I see u.. grin

How is the last episode gonna be? I just can't wait. grin

So many thoughts going tru my head right now
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 06, 2015
@DragonKing I've been waiting all weekend for this episode. Only 2hrs,15mins before it premiers... grin YIPPEE!!!

I don't know...so much going on with this one. Curious to see how they wrap up this season. What cliffhangers are going to be set up for us
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 1:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Vanessa cannot catch a break.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 06, 2015
@cao
Hello. Glad to see another fan on the thread cheesy

Indeed, Vanessa has a hard go of things. Storylines will get stronger and pull you in deeper with each episode. Hope you enjoy season 1. Season 2 is...WOW!!!
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 1:15am On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@cao

Indeed, Vanessa has a hard go of things. Storylines will get stronger and pull you in deeper with each episode. Hope you enjoy season 1. Season 2 is...WOW!!!
Just finished the season 2 premiere...hence why I said she couldn't catch a break.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@cao

Have you been able to download the season finale? I haven't seen it anywhere yet to download from.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Have you been able to download the season finale? I haven't seen it anywhere yet to download from.

Aww man, u haven't been able to download it. That sucks, was excited to start discussing it sad
I dont download it (airs on tv here where I live). Does it usually take very long for the episodes to be available online?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Aww man, u haven't been able to download it. That sucks, was excited to start discussing it sad
I dont download it (airs on tv here where I live). Does it usually take very long for the episodes to be available online?

I usually download from o2tvseries.com but it isn't uploaded yet. I checked my showbox app, nothing yet.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I just checked now..it is uploaded... Yippeee..
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

I just checked now..it is uploaded... Yippeee..

Yay!... Enjoy grin
Cant wait to see everyone's reactions.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Yay!... Enjoy grin
Cant wait to see everyone's reactions.

OMG!!

Where do I start from?

Okay, let me break it down like this;

1.This season finale is simply epic..I was like WOW!!!

2.So miss Ives greatest wish was to live a normal life and raise a family with the man that she loves( which is Mr Chandler), meanwhile she has been pretending all the while and forming for Mr chandler. shocked

3. Miss Ives true powers manifested in this episode as she single handedly destroyed that Lucifer doll. Now that was cool.

4. What was madam Kali thinking? Your master got destroyed, I expected her to flee immediately. She got killed by the lupus dei aka Mr Chandler.

5.Hekaty is a devious junior witch who planned to overthrow madam Kali..I expected madam Kali to have seen the writing on the wall long ago an terminated hekaty..Well hekaty finally got what she wanted which is to be the mother witch, at the expense of other witches.

6. Lily and dorian are going to be the major antagonists in season 3 as they plan their quest to rule and conquer humanity. Now I can see the usefulness of dorian.

7. Caliban finally grew some balls, killed hiscaptors and fled..but did anyone noticed that the blind girl has a very bad mouth for someone who is blind? I expected him to have finished her off too.

8.Literary, everyone is scattered now..Sir Malcolm is returning to Africa to bury sembene, Mr Chandler is extradicted to America, caliban has finally given up on humanity and is off to the north pole, hekaty got what she wanted and is off to God knows where, Dr Frankenstein is confused after finding out that dorian is also immortal like lilly and their plan to rule mankind.. He is also amazed that lilly knew she was immortal all the while but was pretending.. Chia!!!

9. So what is Dr Frankenstein going to do? Is he trying to make himself superhuman as he is injecting himself with something.

.10. What will be the fate of Mr Lyle and hecaty as madam Kali is no more? What will miss Ives do as she is now totally alone? What awaits Mr Chandler in america and why did he cut his hair? Not cool. angry

To crow it all, words is not enough to enable me express how I felt after watching the season finale.

Next season will be explosive just that we have to wait for almost a year again just like GOT.

cc: solomonbrown64, hitch05, cao, Elymoney, armadeo, countdracula

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
... I am pained that after all their troubles, battles and all, they couldn't even make love... So... So... Annoying.... Mtcheew
... Miss Ives took the bait and actually thought Ethan would stay... Well, he didn't and now she has turned her back on her God by destroying the cross.... Oh my...
... I knew it , Lilly finally has what she wanted :total dominance....
... Madam Kali.... Good riddance
.. Sembene.... R. I. P
.. Inspector.... Good job... You did your job without dying...
... Ethan.... You messed up big time, but thanks for ripping that bittch throat...
... John Clare.... You gave humanity all you got... But they weren't worth it....
... Till next year....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
@ dragonking, I have downloaded season 1 again but haven't had time to watch any episode. I plan to start afresh with an open mind. It has mad rating on imdb so maybe I was too quick to judge. Looking forward to it this weekend.

PS I had previously downloaded dominion, Salem and dare devil. I deleted dominion and have paused in the other two. Any need to cintinue them. Do you follow anyif them.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by febbymi: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ehm, so I'm at s1e11 now and I honestly don't know what they seem to be doing. It's just dreadful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Rico Kissed Nina In Her Mouth, Belly And Feet During Dare Game [video] / Apply For Movie Audition (hollywood/nollywood) / BBNaija: Tacha's Letter To Nelson "The Cockroach In Your Wardrobe"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.