Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36047 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
armadeo:
@ dragonking, I have downloaded season 1 again but haven't had time to watch any episode. I plan to start afresh with an open mind. It has mad rating on imdb so maybe I was too quick to judge. Looking forward to it this weekend.

PS I had previously downloaded dominion, Salem and dare devil. I deleted dominion and have paused in the other two. Any need to cintinue them. Do you follow anyif them.

Am glad that you saw the high ratings of Penny dreadful series. I can assure that you will enjoy it.

As for dominion and salem, i havent heard of those series but i have finished dare devil long ago and it was nice. I recommend it also.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
@DragonKing Good finale, huh?

I know we all enjoyed this episode grin

Vanessa & Ethan sad Why couldn't he give love a chance? Why did he say he needed time to think if he doesn't mean it? Broke her heart..she wanted Ethan & babies
He better come back but he might not be able to win her back now that she has turned her back on everything. She should've went with Mr Claire angry

Poor poor Mr Claire, smh. He should've at least ripped that blind girls face so she can live as a freak now.

Dorian & Lily...MY GOD, REALLY YA'LL!!!?? It's gunna be like that now? London better watch out but it was funny how Dr Frankenstein came in to play his grown-man card but was out done by the lovers. His face was like,"Oh snap, whatttt?" He needed to go home and change his underwear, lol.

Dr Frankenstein is a straight up drug addict. Maybe he will make some super hero serum to inject and kill Lilly & Dorian.

Bye-bye Kali....she got it sooooo good. Loved her demise. Vanessa is champion..even against the Devil. "Know your master.".....that was cold-blooded, AWSOME!

Lyle showed that manhood well. Proud of him, good job. "A queen with nice hair." I just died laughing, lol.

Sir Malcolm is hurt to his soul. Lost his best friend and seems lost in the maze of his choices and the consequences of them.

Inspector pulled a fast one on Ethan...slick dude. But watch Ethan change to werewolf on boat and break that little lock they got holding that cage shut.

Wanted Vanessa & Ethan to proclaim their love to & for each other and to make love sad Guess we won't see that love story fulfilled yet.

R.I.P SEMBENE....YOU WERE THE MAN!

Do we really have to wait until next year undecided ? Man, it was so good they just need to bring the next season right away, lol.

cc: solomonbrown64, hitch05, cao, Elymoney, armadeo.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
solomonbrown64:
... I am pained that after all their troubles, battles and all, they couldn't even make love... So... So... Annoying.... Mtcheew
... Miss Ives took the bait and actually thought Ethan would stay... Well, he didn't and now she has turned her back on her God by destroying the cross.... Oh my...
... I knew it , Lilly finally has what she wanted :total dominance....
... Madam Kali.... Good riddance
.. Sembene.... R. I. P
.. Inspector.... Good job... You did your job without dying...
... Ethan.... You messed up big time, but thanks for ripping that bittch throat...
... John Clare.... You gave humanity all you got... But they weren't worth it....
... Till next year....

Ethan messed up big time. I expected him to be with miss ives and ignite thier passion together.

In season one, they all came together and formed a family. Now in season 2 everybody has parted ways and gon in different directions.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Ethan messed up big time. I expected him to be with miss ives and ignite thier passion together.

In season one, they all came together and formed a family. Now in season 2 everybody has parted ways and gon in different directions.

I feel so sad that the family is broken right now. I actually cried for Vanessa. I felt her pain as a woman...they presented that part of her well...the vision of her Ethan & their children was so moving. That was truly her hearts desire. She even exposed that to Ethan in a certain way. Saying she wanted them to walk together and that she does know what he is and is still there before him, excepting him. Wanting to be there for him during the dark scary night and he wont be so afraid in the morning. She bared her soul but he just to stuck in hus head ab being a werewolf i guess. BUT, you see he couldn't kill her when he was in her face..he recognized her. So why couldn't he jyst stay and make a life with her. ..be her protector? He was willing to leave her unprotected, really Ethan? He disappointed me there.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I feel so sad that the family is broken right now. I actually cried for Vanessa. I felt her pain as a woman...they presented that part of her well...the vision of her Ethan & their children was so moving. That was truly her hearts desire. She even exposed that to Ethan in a certain way. Saying she wanted them to walk together and that she does know what he is and is still there before him, excepting him. Wanting to be there for him during the dark scary night and he wont be so afraid in the morning. She bared her soul but he just to stuck in hus head ab being a werewolf i guess. BUT, you see he couldn't kill her when he was in her face..he recognized her. So why couldn't he jyst stay and make a life with her. ..be her protector? He was willing to leave her unprotected, really Ethan? He disappointed me there.

The problem is that ethan has not yet accepted who he really is, the lupus dei, thats why he is confused and went away. Yes he recognized her even while in werewolf form but he was ashamed that miss ives had to see him in that murderous way.

You also cant blame him though, even miss ives didnt let anyone know that she has been day dreaming about raising a family with ethan until the devil exposed her secret. The look on her face and her expression was priceless. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cupidhero(m): 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
The season finale aired yesterday..only saw 3 minutes of it but it was awesome. Today was Eva green's birthday.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
cupidhero:
The season finale aired yesterday..only saw 3 minutes of it but it was awesome. Today was Eva green's birthday.

Today was eva green's birthday? pls how did u get this info and how can we wish her happy birthday. Eva green deserves an award for PD series.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

The problem is that ethan has not yet accepted who he really is, the lupus dei, thats why he is confused and went away. Yes he recognized her even while in werewolf form but he was ashamed that miss ives had to see him that murderous way.

You also cant blame him though, even miss ives didnt let anyone know that she has been day dreaming about raising a family with ethan until the devil exposed her secret. The look on her face and her expression was priceless. grin

You have a point there. But I really thought Ethan can except himself by now being that he sees everyone has something going on with them. They're living in a world full of monsters and witchcraft it's nothing new to him anymore. Vanessa face at the end told a big story to come she is done... At least for now.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

You have a point there. But I really thought Ethan can except himself by now being that he sees everyone has something going on with them. They're living in a world full of monsters and witchcraft it's nothing new to him anymore. Vanessa face at the end told a big story to come she is done... At least for now.

I hope he will understand an accept himself when he gets to america then quickly run back to london to meet miss ives before another person takes over from where he left. grin grin That woman has been craving for ethan love all this while, but why did she deny him some love and romance when they were together far away at the witch cabin in episode 8?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

I hope he will understand an accept himself when he gets to america then quickly run back to london to meet miss ives before another person takes over from where he left. grin grin That woman has been craving for ethan love all this while, but why did she deny him some love and romance when they were together far away at the witch cabin in episode 8?

True. She should've just kissed him back then. It would've planted that seed and by this point it would've had a chance to grow. They both made mistakes toward each other in that aspect. The writers of the show know how to keep us hanging on though..they know we were all waiting for that love affair to officially begin smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

True. She should've just kissed him back then. It would've planted that seed and by this point it would've had a chance to grow. They both made mistakes toward each other in that aspect. The writers of the show know how to keep us hanging on though..they know we were all waiting for that love affair to officially begin smiley

Exactly, if she kissed him then and probably made love, ethan wouldnt have left and they will be together at the end. I wont be surprise if he ends up with hecate( the new witch mother) next season. It will really be painful.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Exactly, if she kissed him then and probably made love, ethan wouldnt have left and they will be together at the end. I wont be surprise if he ends up with hecate( the new witch mother) next season. It will really be painful.

Oh dont say he might end up with her...GOD FORBID!!!
I cant accept that one, haha.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cupidhero(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Today was eva green's birthday? pls how did u get this info and how can we wish her happy birthday. Eva green deserves an award for PD series.
Create a birthday thread for her but don't make it all about penny dreadful...you can include a brief BIO about her and talk a little about her filmography. Eva green is a big name in Hollywood and it the news is FP worthy.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
cupidhero:

Create a birthday thread for her but don't make it all about penny dreadful...you can include a brief BIO about her and talk a little about her filmography

Nice suggestion but today is almost gone. I was thinking if you have her twitter or facebook handle to enable me send my greetings to her..Thats a lot easier. So, you watch the penny dreadful series too, what are your thoughts, opinions, favorite characters and how did you fin the season finale? Hope i aint asking too much
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Oh dont say he might end up with her...GOD FORBID!!!
I cant accept that one, haha.

Hahaha. Dont be surprised as the power is in the hands of the writer. But hecate aint that bad(apart from being a witch) grin

I love that flirting scene she pulled on Ethan in episode 9.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Hahaha. Dont be surprised as the power is in the hands of the writer. But hecate aint that bad(apart from being a witch) grin

I love that flirting scene she pulled on Ethan in episode 9.

I have to admit she did try hard to put it on Ethan and get in his head....her and her witchy ways. Lololol.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I have to admit she did try hard to put it on Ethan and get in his head....her and her witchy ways. Lololol.

Madam kali wont be dead if not for hecate and her mischievious ways. grin

However, I hope semebene comes back to live when he gets to africa even if it is tru black magic or voodoo. The only black guy cant just die like that. cry
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Madam kali wont be dead if not for hecate and her mischievious ways. grin

However, I hope semebene comes back to live when he gets to africa even if it is tru black magic or voodoo. The only black guy cant just die like that. cry

I was thinking the same thing about Sembene. I thought maby someone can bring him back to life. I really think his death and seeing his coffin on that ship was my least favorite part of the finale. Although he went out like a real man. He didnt look terrified when Ethan came at him he look at peace. I admired that in him. I think he has seen so much more than the gang knew.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Vanessa & Ethan sad Why couldn't he give love a chance? Why did he say he needed time to think if he doesn't mean it? Broke her heart..she wanted Ethan & babies
He better come back but he might not be able to win her back now that she has turned her back on everything. She should've went with Mr Claire angry

Poor poor Mr Claire, smh. He should've at least ripped that blind girls face so she can live as a freak now.

Dorian & Lily...MY GOD, REALLY YA'LL!!!?? It's gunna be like that now? London better watch out but it was funny how Dr Frankenstein came in to play his grown-man card but was out done by the lovers. His face was like,"Oh snap, whatttt?" He needed to go home and change his underwear, lol.

Dr Frankenstein is a straight up drug addict. Maybe he will make some super hero serum to inject and kill Lilly & Dorian.

Bye-bye Kali....she got it sooooo good. Loved her demise. Vanessa is champion..even against the Devil. "Know your master.".....that was cold-blooded, AWSOME!

Lyle showed that manhood well. Proud of him, good job. "A queen with nice hair." I just died laughing, lol.

Sir Malcolm is hurt to his soul. Lost his best friend and seems lost in the maze of his choices and the consequences of them.

Inspector pulled a fast one on Ethan...slick dude. But watch Ethan change to werewolf on boat and break that little lock they got holding that cage shut.

Wanted Vanessa & Ethan to proclaim their love to & for each other and to make love sad Guess we won't see that love story fulfilled yet.

Do we really have to wait until next year undecided ? Man, it was so good they just need to bring the next season right away, lol.

Guys I can't shout oo!! !! Next year too far. . Buh that's what I said to myself last year. ..I pity that detective sha.. . Lemme keep calm.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Elymoney:

Guys I can't shout oo!! !! Next year too far. . Buh that's what I said to myself last year. ..I pity that detective sha.. . Lemme keep calm.

Dont we always feel like that when a season of a good series goes on break, lol. Time to find a show to hold us until the fall premier of Walking Dead smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Dont we always feel like that when a season of a good series goes on break, lol. Time to find a show to hold us until the fall premier of Walking Dead smiley

I don't watch walking dead. . In fact I stay away from all spoilers. .am waiting for the bloody show to conclude before I see all the seasons in a Zombified marathon.. .....ah such plans. I can't stand the heartbreak if it gets Cancelled. .. angry. I know what I suffered when they cancelled Dracula. I did the same with Nikita. grin grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:12am On Jul 07, 2015
Dragonking:

Am glad that you saw the high ratings of Penny dreadful series. I can assure that you will enjoy it.

As for dominion and salem, i havent heard of those series but i have finished dare devil long ago and it was nice. I recommend it also.

Salem is cool I recommend it anyday.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Elymoney:

Salem is cool I recommend it anyday.

What's the genre of Salem? Is it sci-fi, comedy, horror, romance etc
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2015
Dragonking:

What's the genre of Salem? Is it sci-fi, comedy, horror, romance etc
Supernatural fiction drama
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I have a feeling they wanna make Frankenstein Dr Jekyll. . That WILL create a bigger twist. Plus the American werewolf is leaving London we need another monster. cool
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hunnydropps:

It's like the writers want to show a little of Ethan's past.... Because we barely know anything about him...
Season 1 and 2 has been about Vanessa...... Guess, it's to focus on other characters.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
I've skilfully avoided the spoilers for the season 2 finale. I'm currently watching episode 8. Yup, Lily/Brona officially scares the s*** out of me. Dayummm the girl is officially pissed off with men. The Creature thought he was scary...
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
cao:
I've skilfully avoided the spoilers for the season 2 finale. I'm currently watching episode 8. Yup, Lily/Brona officially scares the s*** out of me. Dayummm the girl is officially pissed off with men. The Creature thought he was scary...

Caliban aka john Claire fall my hand in that episode. Why on earth was he scared of lily? I was like wtf. Or is lilly stronger than him? Who knows.

BTW what did men do to her that she is pissed off?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
solomonbrown64:

It's like the writers want to show a little of Ethan's past.... Because we barely know anything about him...
Season 1 and 2 has been about Vanessa...... Guess, it's to focus on other characters.

Yeah. It will be nice to know more about Ethan and his past especially who his father is...his father must be a highly influential person in america.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Elymoney:

I have a feeling they wanna make Frankenstein Dr Jekyll. . That WILL create a bigger twist. Plus the American werewolf is leaving London we need another monster. cool

Hmmm..makes sense as Dr Frankenstein was injecting himself with something.. But I believe that the character Dr Frankenstein and Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde are two different characters.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Elymoney:

Supernatural fiction drama

Ok..funny thing is that am currently watching supernatural series..I have used up to 10gigs if not more in downloading it..that series is too long joor..currently in season 8.

Hope Salem ain't long like supernatural?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

BBTitans: I Will Play With Your Clitoris A Lot More Next Time- Yemi Tells Blue / #BBNaija: Sex, Nudity & The Big Brother Naija Reality Show... What's It About? / Bbnaija: Fans Campaign For Miracle With Bottled Water (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.