Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36040 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hunnydropps:

It was kind of funny in a crazy way...death threat in one hand and plate of cookies in the other, hehehe.

Exactly my thoughts..only a pscophath will do that.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
I haven't watched TWD, since the Governor lost his eye...Anywho, Dragonking did you finally try BSG?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
cao:
I haven't watched TWD, since the Governor lost his eye...Anywho, Dragonking did you finally try BSG?

I haven't tried it yet...I just finished the supernatural series and it has depleted my data..I have to resubscribe to watch it...try to continue TWD as you have missed a lot
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dragonking:

I haven't tried it yet...I just finished the supernatural series and it has depleted my data..I have to resubscribe to watch it...try to continue TWD as you have missed a lot

Nice. I stopped at ep 16 of the last season of supernatural. I think I am tired of the series now. Believe me I was a rabid follower but its now a drag.

TWD still tops my chart just under GOT.

Now on penny dreadful.

Firstly thanks for encouraging me to continue the series despite my reservations. I found it entertaining and really scary. It was frightening, I literally clung to my sheets when watching. I actually haven't recovered from season 1 hence the break for now. Creepy!!.

I really am impressed with this series it's almost demonic I feel the chills just thinking of it. I read through this thread after S1 and for spoilers. My best character died.

I really dislike Dorian grey. Prick.
The wolf guy is intense
Eva green ( vannessa ives )is insane, awesome acting
The who're with consumption is just there though I know she puts up a spectacular show in S2.
I like Dalton( Malcolm murray) too. I already have a daughter

Sembene oh my sembene

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
cao:

Long time no see.

You were right on the genysis issue. I couldn't even finish the movie. It wasn't relaxing like they were trying to hard to explain why this movie was made.

Rogue nation made my day. F4 WAS ok. I understand the negative reviews though not enough action but is an origin story so I forgive them.

Next up Air and creed. Ps check out the fear the walking dead. Will watch it later today.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
armadeo:

Long time no see.

You were right on the genysis issue. I couldn't even finish the movie. It wasn't relaxing like they were trying to hard to explain why this movie was made.

Rogue nation made my day. F4 WAS ok. I understand the negative reviews though not enough action but is an origin story so I forgive them.

Next up Air and creed. Ps check out the fear the walking dead. Will watch it later today.
I know I actually liked Terminator G, but the time travel really did a number on the film & timeline of the Terminator Universe. I've already talked in detail about F4, too much exposition and a waste of an excellent cast. Rogue Nation is the business! I'll probably ignore TWD & FTWD. I would recommend Trainwreck (if you're a fan of Judd Apatow, you'll enjoy it) & I really enjoyed The Man from U.N.C.L.E (I was probably the youngest person at the cinema, who had watched the original TV show) - the film was very stylish and it has potential to be a good anti-JB* spy film series. Okay, yes sometimes it looked like Guy Ritchie went for style over action, but it works...okay it worked for me. It is technically an origin story, but it was not as bad as F4.

*James Bond/Jason Bourne.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
This one of those films that I'm seeking for inspiration to watch. I started season one but had to stop when I didn't see anything to tie me. The fact that there is a thread created specifically for it means there is something special about it. I'll summon courage to continue it.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2015
Afam4eva:
This one of those films that I'm seeking for inspiration to watch. I started season one but had to stop when I didn't see anything to tie me. The fact that there is a thread created specifically for it means there is something special about it. I'll summon courage to continue it.
Bros, penny dreadful is the series to watch..I can bet you will enjoy every bit of it. What episode in season one did you stop?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Afam4eva(m): 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
Dragonking:
Bros, penny dreadful is the series to watch..I can bet you will enjoy every bit of it. What episode in season one did you stop?
I stopped after episode 1.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Forwetinnah: 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

Trust me..you need more than inspiration/courage. Get yourself anointed! The level of evil through lust in it is off the hook. By Season 2, you'll never see S:EX the same way undecided
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

I stopped after episode 1.
Watch till episode 6 and see if you won't want to watch more. I bet you will enjoy it
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 28, 2015
Watched first ep of Fear The Walking Dead. Not quite sure how I feel about it..was a bit slow going for me as a series premier. I will give it a few more eps before I make a judgment. Know it can't beat TWD but I do hope it gets better to get me thru until October smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Watched first ep of Fear The Walking Dead. Not quite sure how I feel about it..was a bit slow going for me as a series premier. I will give it a few more eps before I make a judgment. Know it can't beat TWD but I do hope it gets better to get me thru until October smiley

Visit the fear the walking dead thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2545291/fear-walking-dead

It's just begun I believe thaybthers a lot to look forward to. I expect a world war Z like breakdown of law and order in the next few episodes. It will be epic.

A TWD fan speaking.

@afam4ever. I also stopped penny at ep 1 dragonking encouraged me to continue and now I am too scared to start season 2 even though it's on my laptop. It's that good. ...
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2015
Hunnydropps:
You are right...Fear the walking dead didn't live up to the expectations as there were several loop holes. However this is just the first episode, I hope the next episode make sense. Cc: armadeo , solomonbrown64
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Dragonking:
You are right...Fear the walking dead didn't live up to the expectations as there were several loop holes. However this is just the first episode, I hope the next episode make sense. Cc: armadeo , solomonbrown64

Hey bro, it's been a while..... Hunnydropps, I see you.... I watched the show and I wasn't impressed... It's the first episode though.... Just waiting for the month of October for my favorite shows to start..
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
solomonbrown64:

Hey bro, it's been a while..... Hunnydropps, I see you.... I watched the show and I wasn't impressed... It's the first episode though.... Just waiting for the month of October for my favorite shows to start..
Yeah, I can't wait for October to come. I can't believe that I actually watch American horror story series. To show u how bored I was. Although the series wasn't that bad.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dragonking:
Yeah, I can't wait for October to come. I can't believe that I actually watch American horror story series. To show u how bored I was. Although the series wasn't that bad.

Lol..... One just has to watch something.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by bufness(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dragonking:
ahs is cool, cant wait for hotel
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2015
bufness:
ahs is cool, cant wait for hotel
Yeah its cool..I enjoyed season 1-3 but season 4 was rubbish to me....I didn't enjoy it.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 06, 2015
Dragonking, Solomonbrown64

Hello guys hope things are well with you. It looks like we all agreed on the first ep of FTWD...what about the second ep? I finally got to watch it today and I definitely liked it better than the premier. Have you gotten a chance to see 2nd ep yet? Let me know what you think when you do. Be easy and Catch y'all later smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by parrotibaba(m): 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
hope say I won't be disappointed watching this penny dreadful, still recovering from watching that crappy Salem (couldn't even finish it). Not particularly anxious to jump back in time again.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Dragonking, Solomonbrown64

Hello guys hope things are well with you. It looks like we all agreed on the first ep of FTWD...what about the second ep? I finally got to watch it today and I definitely liked it better than the premier. Have you gotten a chance to see 2nd ep yet? Let me know what you think when you do. Be easy and Catch y'all later smiley
Yep, I watched the second episode about four days ago. It was better than the depressing episode 1. I hope as the series progress it will get better. However, I still have some questions like, how did the principal get infected and change? What was the cause of this zombie outbreak? Why is no one taking the issue seriously especially the government?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
parrotibaba:
hope say I won't be disappointed watching this penny dreadful, still recovering from watching that crappy Salem (couldn't even finish it). Not particularly anxious to jump back in time again.
Watch penny dreadful season from episode 1-episode 8 and I assure you that you will want more. smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Dragonking:
Yep, I watched the second episode about four days ago. It was better than the depressing episode 1. I hope as the series progress it will get better. However, I still have some questions like, how did the principal get infected and change? What was the cause of this zombie outbreak? Why is no one taking the issue seriously especially the government?

I wondered how the principal got infected too. Also why didnt the teacher take the little boy more serious when he told her they needed to run from the principal? She had seen for herself these sick ppl are no joke...afterall they did try running that one guy over with their truck but he wouldn't die....she needs to take it seriously. I think the government prob knows whats going on...at least to some extent. Now, did govt cause it or did they study whats causing it after it appeared from God knows where, cant be sure yet but am curious.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Tolzeal(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2015
Dragonking:

Do you have to buy data to download movies?
Why not find ur way out with some browsing tweaks.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Tolzeal:

Do you have to buy data to download movies?
Why not find ur way out with some browsing tweaks.
How? Expantiate more pls.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
i am back. will watch another episode and bring my opinions this series is awesomely scary.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by parrotibaba(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2015
Well I'm now a firm follower of this awesome series grin but this Dorian like to the f'ck freaks ooh shocked , he doesn't even tally with the series's main storyline.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Im excited for the kickoff of The Walking Dead this weekend and have missed analyzing episodes with my buddies @DragonKing and @solomonbrown64...I hope we can get the thread going with some really interesting discussions.

Roll call for TWD enthusiasts: Hunnydropps..."Here!!!" smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Im excited for the kickoff of The Walking Dead this weekend and have missed analyzing episodes with my buddies @DragonKing and @solomonbrown64...I hope we can get the thread going with some really interesting discussions.

Roll call for TWD enthusiasts: Hunnydropps..."Here!!!" smiley
Hey babe, how u doing? Yeah, am eagerly waiting for walking dead this weekend....have already started with the flash, American horror story, supernatural and agent of shield... Do u watch those series?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dragonking:
Hey babe, how u doing? Yeah, am eagerly waiting for walking dead this weekend....have already started with the flash, American horror story, supernatural and agent of shield... Do u watch those series?

Hey dear, im fine.. thnk you. Its been a while and I hope all is well with you too?

I just watched the first episode of America Horror Story: Hotel....LOVED IT!!! I have only seen parts of the other seasons but will faithfully tune in for 'Hotel' weekly.

I found it to be creepy, funny, gory, suspenseful, and very sexy in a psycho type of way...lol. But of course I'd like this kind of show afterall I am a huge Penny Dreadful fan with edgy tastes in entertainment, hehehe wink. What did you think of the premier?

Also, did u see all of Fear The Walking Dead season 1?
I think that show got better each week and i have lots of thoughts about it. Be cool and catch you later cool
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Hey dear, im fine.. thnk you. Its been a while and I hope all is well with you too?

I just watched the first episode of America Horror Story: Hotel....LOVED IT!!! I have only seen parts of the other seasons but will faithfully tune in for 'Hotel' weekly.

I found it to be creepy, funny, gory, suspenseful, and very sexy in a psycho type of way...lol. But of course I'd like this kind of show afterall I am a huge Penny Dreadful fan with edgy tastes in entertainment, hehehe wink. What did you think of the premier?

Also, did u see all of Fear The Walking Dead season 1?
I think that show got better each week and i have lots of thoughts about it. Be cool and catch you later cool
Wow...I am about to watch American horror story tonight and I guess it will be pretty awesome but not as awesome as penny dreadful. wink
Well as for FTWD yeah it got only a bit interesting at episodes 5and 6...But they lost a lot of viewers due to the delay of releasing the zombies. People wanna see zombies and not some annoying person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

BBTitans: I Will Play With Your Clitoris A Lot More Next Time- Yemi Tells Blue / #BBNaija: Sex, Nudity & The Big Brother Naija Reality Show... What's It About? / Bbnaija: Fans Campaign For Miracle With Bottled Water (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.