Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (42712 Views)

Fayose Reacts To Apostle Suleman And Stephanie Otobo's Sex Scandal / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' / Fayose Reacts To The Release Of The 21 Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by rebranded(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose has released a statement to celebrate his victory after the Supreme Court final judgement turned out in his favour.

The Governor in the statement appreciated the support he got from his people, saying that the final judgment today shows that the people are ‘unequivocal about their choices’.

DAILY POST recalls that a Supreme Court on Tuesday morning in a unanimous decision upheld the election of Mr. Ayodele Fayose as the Ekiti State Governor.

‎In the ruling by the seven-man panel led by Justice John Fabiyi, the Supreme Court upheld the earlier decisions of the Court of Appeal and the Ekiti State Governorship Election Tribunal, which had both ruled that the petition challenging Fayose’s victory lacked merit.

In the lead judgment delivered by Justice Sylvester Ngwuta, the apex court dismissed all the grounds of appeal filed by the petitioner – the All Progressives Congress – and resolved all four issues arising from the appeal against Fayose’s victory.

The governor in the statement also said that from the judgment, necessary lessons must have been learnt as ”it is obvious that Nigeria is evolving democratically.”

Below is the statement:

I want to sincerely appreciate Ekiti people for their resilience and love for me. I am formally dedicating this victory to God and to them. Having voted for me ten months ago, and confirming the victory by the subsequent elections in the last few weeks, they have shown that they are unequivocal about their choice and their determination to protect and defend that mandate.

I cannot but appreciate the Apex Court for protecting democracy and also for living to the expectation of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon. Justice Mahmud Mohammed, who had assured that under his leadership, the judiciary would not subscribe to any plot to change the outcome of elections through the instrumentality of the Court.

I think the necessary lessons must have been learnt and it is obvious that Nigeria is evolving democratically. To my opponents, I plead with you to sheath your sword and join me in the development of Ekiti State. If truly our struggle is about service to our dear State, it is time to come together and channel all our resources towards the development of the State.

I am irrevocably committed to the protection of all, including the opposition in the State. Nobody is infallible, and I am not a perfect being. The only one that is perfect is God, but He, in His infinite mercies has made me the Governor of Ekiti State today. I have a term and tenure; there will be another opportunity for Ekiti people to decide who governs them.

Rather than trouble the peace of the State, our friends in the opposition parties should accept the will of God concerning our dear State and wait till 2018. I thank all stakeholders and I am assuring them that I will leave Ekiti State better than I met it. My special appreciation also goes to the security agencies for being alive to their responsibilities.

May the Almighty God continue to bless Ekiti State.
Ayodele Fayose
Governor, Ekiti State

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/14/fayose-reacts-to-supreme-court-victory/

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by theV0ice: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
Abeg I think it's time to actually leave this guy alone cheesy

make elder no go pursue fowl go break leg inside gutter o. Lose the fowl and get injury to nurse cheesy cheesy

Wetin.....the guy has just refused to go away grin

Fayose, emi ti dehin leyin e lati oni lo o...... cheesy cheesy

i give up

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by SeverusSnape(m): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fayose!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Day11(m): 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
See Gut.

Even Obanikoro nor get liver pass dis guy.

I wish you well Mr. Fayose.

Meanwhile. Sai Baba grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by YoursGEJ(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Apology rejected. This boy must be impeached

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Not accepted grin..2018 is too far..better now or never shocked

Imagine this statement,"......Rather than trouble the peace of the State, our friends in the opposition parties should accept the will of God concerning our dear State and wait till 2018". APC should respond that it is not a troublesome interloper in Ekiti. That response should please hit front-page to balance this insult. cool

Meanwhile, impeachment notice reminder should be sent to his office this afternoon before 4:00pm through the Clerk of House of Assembly cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Goke7: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
So fayose can talk like this, I said it, the guy is not as silly as people think, he will calm down now, parade don change o!

But in all sincerity, am one of those who feel he should be left alone despite all his atrocities, the guy wants peace now that sai baba is in charge.

I tell people that fayemi should be blame for all these, if aregbesola, ajimobi and amosun even mimiko could be re-elected, fayemi had no excuse, he gave fayose the chance, let's be truthful for once

57 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Babacele: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
This unrepentant rogue has not learnt any lesson ,and won't be left alone. if he is clean ,he shouldn't afraid of being scrutinized. After subverting the state ,maiming and killing innocent folks to actualize his ambition he wants us to let peace that he always threatens reign. No Fayose, we are starting a public judicial panel where Captain Koli n others will testify against all of you. Oh lest I forget, in one sugar high moments, you actually confessed to participating in the ekitigate. You are most def going if not straight to jail sef. post May 29th on my mind.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Impressive from Ayo.

Politics without bitterness

17 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
Keneking:
Not accepted grin..2018 is too far..better now or never shocked

Impeachment notice reminder should be sent to his office this afternoon through the Clerk of House of Assembly cool
He did not "beg", he only sued for peace to rein. That isn't show of cowardice but maturity. However, APC can do their worse... Btw, the Clerk of Ekiti House and the CJ recognize ONLY Olugbemi as Speaker and not APC's Omirin. According to them, "they are not aware of any impeachment".

Exercise in futility

36 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
He did not "beg", he only sued for peace to rein. That isn't show of cowardice but maturity. However, APC can do their worse... Btw, the Clerk of Ekiti House and the CJ recognize ONLY Olugbemi as Speaker and not APC's Omirin. According to them, "they are not aware of any impeachment".

Exercise in futility

Okay, all of them ---Olugbemi, Clerk and CJ would face the fall wrath of the law by turning the law upside..No respect here shocked

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Keneking:

Okay, all of them ---Olugbemi, Clerk and CJ would face the fall wrath of the law by turning the law upside..No respect here shocked
Kenekingoooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by seunfly: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
theV0ice:
Abeg I think it's time to actually leave this guy alone cheesy
make elder no go pursue fowl go break leg inside gutter o. Lose the fowl and get injury to nurse cheesy cheesy
Wetin.....the guy has just refused to go away grin
Fayose, emi ti dehin leyin e lati oni lo o...... cheesy cheesy
i give up
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some times you just have to ignore and move ahead, you can't just fight some people although they are nasty and annoying, let them be.
Otherwise Fayose go just be another Amaechi to Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by liveyourlife: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by PassingShot(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
You really need to beg the lawmakers in order to have peace.

How do you think you could impeach the speaker with 7 lawmakers and you will have peace?

Your cool voice now is because you now know that there is no more federal backing from Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by theV0ice: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
seunfly:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some times you just have to ignore and move ahead, you can't just fight some people although they are nasty and annoying, let them be.
Otherwise Fayose go just be another Amaechi to Tinubu.

Honestly.

With all the federal might from abuja and evil machinations at home, they couldn't remove Amaechi. I'm seeing this Fayose guy in that light.

He's obviously a smart politician whom APC under rated at the elections though with benefit of hindsight, i'm happy APC lost Ekiti. It made them more serious and observant in osun and these recent national and state elections.

If they had won Ekiti as easily as they thought, complacency might have set in

13 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by phelps007: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fayose wouldn't have been in this situation if he had acted civil all along. In as much I plead for peace in Ekiti, Fayose should be ready to face the consequences of his actions against the APC and the President elect at the Federal level. He is certainly not going to have a good relationship with the presidency and won't enjoy the support of some federal institutions going forward. I think it's only the intelligent people that will understand my point here. I don't know what will become of him when he no longer has the grace of using the soldiers and police to push his way through as usual.
Fayose said a lot of dirty things which am sure will come to haunt him in the nearest future
Very soon, he will be forced to behave like a normal person which he is not used to and life will be very boring for him.
As for Ekiti people, I wish them all the very best with Fayose. I have never known Fayose to be prudent.

11 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Ilekeh(f): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
[size=16pt]APC should leave this guy alone and let Ekiti suffer under his stomach infrastructure.

Abeg, make we rename Ekiti to "Rice & Dodo".

I guess, I'm from Rice & Dodo.[/size]

I said it that Fayose has typical Ekiti stubbornness. The harder you fight him, the harder he fights back. He won't go down easy and he'll win at the end.

15 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by kheart(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
So dis man fit tlk like a gentleman afterall? Oh I 4got dat no more backing from aso rock.

It is too early for apc to leave dis guy, make dem bomber am for another month cos we re enjoyin d drama grin

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by kolaaderin: 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Bi a ba le ni bi a ko bani, iwan la n bani she ota mon.

To be candid, i never knew so much responsible words could come out of this Governor, i hav always relegated him to be a thug.
its obvious nothing is permanent only change is constant, move on the people of Ekiti and from today on, attack on the person of Fayose ceased until few month to the end of his tenure, when he shall be put to account on his achievement in government in the past 4 years.

[size=14pt]God bless me
God bless Fayose[/size]
[size=20pt]God bless the people of Ekiti
God bless Buhari[/size]
[size=24pt]GOD BLESS NIGERIA.[/size]
Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by steppin: 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
Source?
Even if he did, it's the right thing to do, at least before he continues the serial ass kicking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by theV0ice: 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
phelps007:
Fayose wouldn't have been in this situation if he had acted civil all along. In as much I plead for peace in Ekiti, Fayose should be ready to face the consequences of his actions against the APC and the President elect at the Federal level. He is certainly not going to have a good relationship with the presidency and won't enjoy the support of some federal institutions going forward. I think it's only the intelligent people that will understand my point here. I don't know what will become of him when he no longer has the grace of using the soldiers and police to push his way through as usual.
Fayose said a lot of dirty things which am sure will come to haunt him in the nearest future

If Amaechi could survive (though with a high IGR), I guess Fayose might be willing to take his chances

1 Like

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by jmaine: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
When you have the people at your back you have the power, if the APC keeps pushing the limit, it will all backfire in their faces . . . .

Dude has immense followership that money cannot buy, we no dey look face to clear people doubts oo !!!

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Soloter:
There's nothing special about this judgment. Sahara Reporters already made us to understand the shady deal behind it. The injustices at the supreme court have sold their birthright for a morsel of bread. It shall be unraveled soo.

Parade go soon change nw... ŵǏƫĥ tell cool

1 Like

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by MrPresident1: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fayose is good politician. He know when to use bulala and also when to use cake.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Apology rejected. This boy must be impeached
Useless headline where in that statement did he beg APC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Pavore9: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
They should leave the guy alone and he, himself should pipe down and focus on governance. All these chaos do not promote development.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Sweetguy25: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Where did he beg APC? Besides, he's only being a politician. Up Fayose!

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by LMAyedun(m): 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
#FreeFayose

1 Like

Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by sunnedee: 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
E je ka pe were loko iyawo ki a ba le rona lo

MEANING: Let us humour a mad man so that he will allow us to pass.

That's what he did.
Re: Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition by Texcoco(m): 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
No need to beg,offically you are now an Ekiti Godfather,simply put,the people will follow you all the way thus you get to influence who gets the Office and not thieffnubu or his remote controlled Lawmakers..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. / Pictures From APC Mega Rally In Kwara Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.