Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start (5686 Views)

Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features / See Pics Of Innoson Motors Workers On Duty Amidst Rumour The Company Has Stopped / Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
my volvo s60 stopped working and wont start again, its a 2002 model, does anyone have an idea on what may be wrong?
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sultaan(m): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
battery, starter, scan
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by steppin: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
koluray:
my volvo s60 stopped working and wont start again, its a 2002 model, does anyone have an idea on what may be wrong?
Hehehehehe!
Sorry to ask, so people still dey use Volvo?
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by blackjack21(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
steppin:

Hehehehehe!
Sorry to ask, so people still dey use Volvo?
Volvo s60 is a nice and tasty car.

16:25:04
Tue, Apr 14, 2015
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by cocoduck: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
seems your battery or alternator has called it quits
what does it do when you try to start the engine?
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by cocoduck: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
first of all change the battery and put a fully charged battery
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
in comprehensive terms, this is what happened, i was driving and it showed a notification on the dash: "brake failure imminent, park safely" and the i parked and switched off, checked the brake fluid and saw it was intact, i started it again and it did , but it showed another notification :"engine powertrain failure, service required" then switched off,, and i tried to start it but it wont start again
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
have changed the battery and yet it still wont start,
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
koluray:
have changed the battery and yet it still wont start,

Location?
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sultaan(m): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2015
The car us doing the right thing by shutting down to prevent damage it is up to you now to know what the car senses so you do a scan and it will tell you what is wrong possibly multiple misfire

1 Like

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by cocoduck: 5:06am On Apr 15, 2015
is it a no crank no start or does it crank but does not start, if it cranks but does not start , cahnge the battery for a start, if it cranks but does not start, then you will have to run a scan.

1 Like

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2015
it cranks but does not start, location , iganmu
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
koluray:
it cranks but does not start, location , iganmu

Call 08033910382 if you want a quick solution. Scanning is free.
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Stancity(m): 8:28am On Apr 17, 2015
My inlaw is facing almost same issue.. His own happens that the car will off automatically even when on highway without giving him a sign on the dashboard and the annoying part of it is that the car may hibernate on traffic and will refuse to on untill after 20mins... The kazeem has changed all he thinks could have caused the problem but all to no avail.. Things changed include:
1)fuel filter,
2)fuel pump,
3)transmitter etc.. up till now no solution..
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
am really not sure of the need to change anything though, if the problem still persists, then those measures were ineffective. you may give the number above in the discussion a try, i got help with mine early today, and am still watching for how long the solution would last, before i begin to recommend.
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Stancity(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
koluray:
am really not sure of the need to change anything though, if the problem still persists, then those measures were ineffective. you may give the number above in the discussion a try, i got help with mine early today, and am still watching for how long the solution would last, before i begin to recommend.
The problem is a big one... makes him uncomfortable each time he wanna go out with the car..
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by camaro(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
What's up
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sultaan(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
The only way to fix these newer cars is to see an them all these other guesses are just what they are. This is the reason the 1997 Camry is the mechanics favorite because it is just after the 1996 OBDII went into effect.

Now they are using CANBUS you can see someone put a Camry engine in a 2005 Focus
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by chucky234(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
The fuel pressure sensors should be replaced.
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by koluray: 9:54pm On May 02, 2015
camaro:
What's up
where's the vehicle location?
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sooperrescue(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2015
The problem with the car is the timing belt. All volvo cars after 100k mileage must have the belts changed every 6k miles. Infact, it should be done at every service by also using Synthetic oil too. Make sure you give it to an expert that can set the timing belt properly
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by oktawian(m): 9:24am On May 03, 2015
All volvo cars after 100k mileage must have the belts changed every 6k miles

So you want to change timing belt every 6 000 mils ?!

3 Likes

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sooperrescue(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2015
Yes
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51am On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
The problem with the car is the timing belt. All volvo cars after 100k mileage must have the belts changed every 6k miles. Infact, it should be done at every service by also using Synthetic oil too. Make sure you give it to an expert that can set the timing belt properly

Ah!! And I was telling every one to take it easy on k........

Lomomike come and see o!

2 Likes

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Nobody: 9:56am On May 03, 2015
oktawian:
All volvo cars after 100k mileage must have the belts changed every 6k miles

So you want to change timing belt every 6 000 mils ?!

No you're wrong. Change timing belt at 100,000miles. Change oil every 6,000miles.

If everybody they change belt at 6,000miles, naah mehn you for see engine everywhere na because most mechanics can't match timing of belt to that of the pulley, sprocket marks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Nobody: 10:01am On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
Yes

Lol abeg no give OK high blood pressure this Sunday o. Shey you know say oil marketers, economy, and election don already cause plenty wahala for people abeg o cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sooperrescue(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2015
No laughing matter o. Once a Volvo achIeve The 100k mleage, from that mark, it is every 6k To change the timing belt. It is not every. Mechanic that can handle Volvo cars. I know how many people have invited Volvo from Ghana because Doyin Motors Refused to continue. For those with issues on Volvo Caro, remember that Volvo also requires Premium unleaded fuel and as you all know the consequence of using low octane fuel. The belt is sold for 4k and combining it with using Synthetic oil makes it a perfect combination of 6k oil change and timing belt replacement every six months
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
No laughing matter o. Once a Volvo achIeve The 100k mleage, from that mark, it is every 6k To change the timing belt. It is not every. Mechanic that can handle Volvo cars. I know how many people have invited Volvo from Ghana because Doyin Motors Refused to continue. For those with issues on Volvo Caro, remember that Volvo also requires Premium unleaded fuel and as you all know the consequence of using low octane fuel. The belt is sold for 4k and combining it with using Synthetic oil makes it a perfect combination of 6k oil change and timing belt replacement every six months

Nnah mehn, na to boycott volvos na. No wonder most folks abandon their volvos at kazeem's shop to relax and when you ask kazeem, he'all say 'na Yeye motor', 'na wahala motor'. Now I know the bitter truth angry

1 Like

Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 03, 2015
sooperrescue:
Booked
Re: My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start by sooperrescue(m): 1:50pm On May 03, 2015
Bor bE so o. Na kazeem nor know him job. There is a Volvo mechanic near me that I give advice to regurlarly about changing the timing belts and since then, no volvo car is sleeping endlessly in his workshop. A 2002 Toks S60 is sold for 1m but the cars of the same age like honda, Toyota, Nissan does not have half of what Volvo. Equipped their cars with. An older 760 gle is far better than a Camry 02 and an EOD. Na mechanic be Volvo problem.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire / Mercedes-benz Recalls 492,290 Cars For Accidental Deployment Of Airbag / Shipping Furniture To Nigeria. HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.