Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (45131 Views)

Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Can Claim On Your Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by ALAYORMII: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by olenime(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wrote on my cv of excellent use of fire extinguisher grin
Was then asked how many types of extinguisher we have?
Was like "hmm, well, u known, we have various types but I cannot categorically tell u how many we have, but...

8 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
see as people dey confess!
*runs away* grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Monzuur(m): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
I'm still a student......No interview, No work.....still enjoying my concoction rice in school

10 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Maximus17(m): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
First and foremost, whats your understanding of being proficient in excel
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
Microsoft Excel is the best software in the world. Underestimate the power of excel at your peril. I'm also guilty of this not until I took lessons on excel. mehn, with all what I know, am still not qualified to say I'm proficient. the best word to use is intermediate. Excel rocks, especially excel VBA.

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by saintade01(m): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
My boss and I are both guilty of this. He knows somthings I don't know while I know somethings he doesn't know in Excel.

I'm actually still looking for the person that knows everything about Excel.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by olempe(m): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
kachnov:
when you suffer from "Orubebe" of the mind.
grin
Chai! There's God oooooo...
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Kolade354(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
vickylois:
F
Chai Future Leader booking space as if dat will make your bank account bright......SMH

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by chax100(f): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Issalie cheesy.. Him olodo no wear pata.. angry.. grin

shocked That I don't know ooo. I can't see beyond the wrapper shaaa.

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
davide470:
Lol. Am guilty of this. Once at an interview, they started asking me Adv. Excel Questions, i was just smiling.. embarassed

Now, they should come and try!! grin

gringrin

I learnt excel since 2010...I've not use it since then not even a single practice... all I remember now is rows and columns. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jude33084(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
yuzjet:
I could remember vividly. During my IT days with one foaming company, the Production Manager had to report with Excel format with some advanced graphical excel report.

Since he didn't know it, I approached him, showed him how excel is used, he was so surprised. Even the Indian man who he'll report to wasn't that good with excel. Had to teach them both. Thanks to Cisco!

Anytime, I see both of them, always feeling like a bozz. U know nah!.... grin

Tell me more about this "cisco" smiley
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
same look on my face when I first opened Corel draw.
All I saw was X,Y,Z axis in a spread sheet.

I was like shocked shocked sad cry cry cry

gringrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Abduletudaye(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
chax100:

shocked That I don't know ooo. I can't see beyond the wrapper shaaa.

Hmmmm.. Aunty you can lie oo... angry
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Edipee(m): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Of all the office application, Excel is the the one I'm most proficient in. Thanks to my project supervisor, Prof. Leo Ukpong.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by ccaramel(f): 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
I learnt Excel on the job and online. Pro now.... Charts, v lookups, macros etc.... Too bad I don't work with excel anymore.

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Allansmith: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
harde2lah:
Microsoft Excel is the best software in the world. Underestimate the power of excel at your peril. I'm also guilty of this not until I took lessons on excel. mehn, with all what I know, am still not qualified to say I'm proficient. the best word to use is intermediate. Excel rocks, especially excel VBA.

I need help on Excel....How can you be of help please...
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by geelord(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
ednut1:
how many of you are guilty of this grin, i once lied about this, i was to resume on monday so i spent the entire sunday at my friends house so he could teach me, but on resumption day as i was being trained on some Pricing calculation for mining, i began to look for calculator, my oga was like when you have excel wat are u doing with that, there is no room for primitive pple here angry

Loool.....casted!!!!
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
Yeah right, I know how to create a list/ table using excel.
Part of knowing how to use excel noni

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by kwencypresh(f): 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
and u er still waiting?
UnknownT:
LOL! I had an interview in Prodeco Onne. The Indian Engineer needed someone, so he asked me if I know Excel, I told him yes. So he wrote down some mathematics( I don forget) and asked me can I solve it using excel with a pen, I wrote something down, he asked me if I was sure, I told him yes that he can bring his system lemme show him. We went to his system, I tried what I wrote, it didn't work. The right formula entered my brain immediately and I followed it and arrived at the answer.
He will get back to me and till now, I am still waiting (this happened in 2013)
grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Allansmith: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:
LmaO. As a financial modeller, excel is an app I can't do Without. Almost 90 percent of Nigerian graduates cannot use excel properly. Its not really a friendly app like the other in the office suite but I see it as the most important.

How can you be of help...I really need to learn about Excel....
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Allansmith: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
qbd2:
Yeah right, I know how to create a list/ table using excel.
Part of knowing how to use excel noni

Seconded
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by drake2(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
ednut1:
how many of you are guilty of this grin, i once lied about this, i was to resume on monday so i spent the entire sunday at my friends house so he could teach me, but on resumption day as i was being trained on some Pricing calculation for mining, i began to look for calculator, my oga was like when you have excel wat are u doing with that, there is no room for primitive pple here angry

lol. Sorry Op. It happened to me back in d days oh. This same Excel; was asked to plot graphs with provided sets of values.

Was not funny oh, but did very well in other aspects. The Salary offer was just 20k above what I was earning then but now in a more expensive city where 2 bedroom apartment cost twice more than where I was.

I turned it down off course. Ur post really got me laffing; shame on me. Infact, the German Woman so loved my performance in other tasks, she helped me in the excel challenge.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by aieromon(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
For all the "Linuses", you can follow this thread to learn and practise the use of Excel.

https://www.nairaland.com/1310548/learn-how-use-excel-spreadsheets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by emymeeky: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hehehe... When it comes to excel and excel vba , I be wizard grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Sweetguy25: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Allansmith:

How can you be of help...I really need to learn about Excel....
If you have about 3gb of data to spare, I can give you video tutorials to download. Excellent tutorials.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by FEAO1985(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
excel is for babies, i will teach you pivot and vlookup etc lol pimpin aint easy
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by pickabeau1: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
LOL

Cc: MizMyColi tongue
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by modskiller(m): 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
@OP you be MOFO you got me there... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by mumbasa: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
yuzjet:
I could remember vividly. During my IT days with one foaming company, the Production Manager had to report with Excel format with some advanced graphical excel report.

Since he didn't know it, I approached him, showed him how excel is used, he was so surprised. Even the Indian man who he'll report to wasn't that good with excel. Had to teach them both. Thanks to Cisco!

Anytime, I see both of them, always feeling like a bozz. U know nah!.... grin

Hmmm E -lie-jah, Abi should i call you Lie -nus. Cisco what? Cisco Excel? because it doesn't exist. Cisco doesn't make spreadsheet applications , they make networking hardware like router switches and firewalls.

When you so Cisco courses its for either

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert or
CCSA- Cisco Certified Sales sumtin i dunno

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by sinhin(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
You can register for Advance Data Analysis online class for free. It is a 10 weeks class and second week started today. Improve your skill in Excel Spreadsheet

https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-max-delftx-ex101x

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
Allansmith:

I need help on Excel....How can you be of help please...
You can download complete suite of excel videos from torrent. You can use the training videos to learn it. Its hands on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Aptitude Test. / 2015 NNPC/ESSO (ExxonMobil) International Postgraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.