Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (45121 Views)

Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Can Claim On Your Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by edgyslim: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
jude33084:

Tell me more about this "cisco" smiley

Don't mind that liar.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jaybee3(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Bros help me ask am oh... grin grin grin grin grin

On second tought, if you are around PH, and would love to know excel beyond the basics let me know.
Give me a mention and we can work something out. Currently organising classes for my colleagues.

If you dont know excel at all, i will charge you... Haba na una make dem dey insult graduates grin grin just joking oh.

All the same, i wrote a data program with excel for a cooperative, they pay a yearly liscense for it, thats the power of excel for you.

Its very wide, so lets hook up and ill teach you what i know, I bet, you it's fun knowing excel.
Na me you wan teach?

Loool

Na me go teach you not the other way round
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Na me you wan teach?

Loool

Na me go teach you not the other way round
Wasnt reffering to you tho.

Anyways if you are an expert in VBA, you could help me rewrite a line of code on my program though. Had to use a workaround when i couldnt figure the code out.

I love learning always.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jaybee3(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
I'm interested. I know a little more than the basics.

Kingsleyinfo:

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
As a financial modelling expert and investment banker, excel is something I cannot do without. Truth is many nights I even dream of excel. I feel the only person who knows excel better than me is microsoft. I have written excel programs for many investment banks in lagos and I get yearly payments for license renewal. I make millions off excel. If u are in lagos and live in banana island, let me know we could work something out on weekends. Guys only pls. Ladies are usually a distraction for any serious minded individual

3 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by ibolomo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
mumbasa:

Hmmm E -lie-jah, Abi should i call you Lie -nus. Cisco what? Cisco Excel? because it doesn't exist. Cisco doesn't make spreadsheet applications , they make networking hardware like router switches and firewalls.

When you so Cisco courses its for either

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert or
CCSA- Cisco Certified Sales sumtin i dunno
maybe he is talking about the cisco in #flash sha. That guy too be wizard... Buh he's dead sha...And that Felicity of a lady too.. Baddest hacker.... *runs away to download season 1 episode 17 and season 3 episode 19 of flash and arrow respectively.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Goodkidd:
Guys only pls. Ladies are usually a distraction for any serious minded individual
cry
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by stynhaq(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
yuzjet:
I could remember vividly. During my IT days with one foaming company, the Production Manager had to report with Excel format with some advanced graphical excel report.

Since he didn't know it, I approached him, showed him how excel is used, he was so surprised. Even the Indian man who he'll report to wasn't that good with excel. Had to teach them both. Thanks to Cisco!

Anytime, I see both of them, always feeling like a bozz. U know nah!.... grin

Chairman, what's the relationship between Cisco and Microsoft's Excel?
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by udysweet(f): 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
Oga,what has my picture got to do with this thread and you helping me out with my request. Have a plesant night rest sir,please go to bed!
Goodkidd:

Ur picture pls
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by udysweet(f): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hahaha,mbok o. I need to go and break the bank niyen ke ! Don't worry sir I will teach myself,loool!
jaybee3:

Employ me
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by stynhaq(m): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
yuzjet:

Look at u ooo! See, if u see anybody that's a pro in any level of cisco. He/she has the basics knowledge of these application softwares. Cisco isn't all about networking.

Bros eh. Cisco is all about Networking. Excel is a spreadsheet app by Microsoft.

Cisco's software are Network related; IOS, NX-OS, ISE, ASA etc.

Abeg clear our bush, give us enlightenment.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
That cisco guy be cracking me up grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Babe2sure(f): 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Guilty as charged. Lol.
I was once asked at a job interview to rate my knowledge of excel. I said 8/10. For where? cheesy
Fortunately for me, the area I was tested on, I was forced to know it at my former place of work. My bosses then, will say,'do all your calculations using excel formulars, don't do it manually'. It is still limited though.

I definitely want to be more proficient on it and will devote time to that, because it is core course in most organisations. So that the confidence will be there next time that question is asked. cool
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by vone2000tolu: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Read complete digital version of newspapers for free ranging from Complete sport,Vanguard,Businessday etc.
Visit www.completenewspaper.com now
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 15, 2015
i lied about this during my IT, however i used the six months to learn how to use it.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by SULBELL(m): 1:03am On Apr 15, 2015
Goodkidd:
As a financial modelling expert and investment banker, excel is something I cannot do without. Truth is many nights I even dream of excel. I feel the only person who knows excel better than me is microsoft. I have written excel programs for many investment banks in lagos and I get yearly payments for license renewal. I make millions off excel. If u are in lagos and live in banana island, let me know we could work something out on weekends. Guys only pls. Ladies are usually a distraction for any serious minded individual
i am interested. I know how to apply the basic excel formulas but i'm always at lost when it comes to VBA.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by yuzjet(m): 1:06am On Apr 15, 2015
jude33084:

Tell me more about this "cisco" smiley

Well, Cisco is all about networking in computer with varieties of courses.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jugomma(f): 1:12am On Apr 15, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Bros help me ask am oh... grin grin grin grin grin

On second tought, if you are around PH, and would love to know excel beyond the basics let me know.
Give me a mention and we can work something out. Currently organising classes for my colleagues.

If you dont know excel at all, i will charge you... Haba na una make dem dey insult graduates grin grin just joking oh. A beg I want to learn I just know the fundamentals in excel.

All the same, i wrote a data program with excel for a cooperative, they pay a yearly liscense for it, thats the power of excel for you.

Its very wide, so lets hook up and ill teach you what i know, I bet, you it's fun knowing excel.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by chax100(f): 1:28am On Apr 15, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Hmmmm.. Aunty you can lie oo... angry

I don't ooo. I forbid it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by yuzjet(m): 1:42am On Apr 15, 2015
stynhaq:

Bros eh. Cisco is all about Networking. Excel is a spreadsheet app by Microsoft.

Cisco's software are Network related; IOS, NX-OS, ISE, ASA etc.

Abeg clear our bush, give us enlightenment.

Well, to be candid, I learnt excel during my CCNA programme. When all my colleagues were gurus with excel, took the opportunity to learn from them. That's why I said thanks to Cisco.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by homesteady(m): 4:24am On Apr 15, 2015
I was taught this excel stuff when I went to a computer school like in 2011, I don't remember anything about it again gringringrin
Well, I don't think I'll ever use it for anything!
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jaybee3(m): 4:26am On Apr 15, 2015
udysweet:
Hahaha,mbok o. I need to go and break the bank niyen ke ! Don't worry sir I will teach myself,loool!
I'm doing it for free
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by rman: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2015
homesteady:
I was taught this excel stuff when I went to a computer school like in 2011, I don't remember anything about it again gringringrin
Well, I don't think I'll ever use it for anything!

Trust me you will. Unless you are a professional sports man or entertainer.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by homesteady(m): 6:57am On Apr 15, 2015
rman:

Trust me you will. Unless you are a professional sports man or entertainer.

I'm studying dentistry, I don't think dentist use excel for anything!
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=jugomma post=32731636][/quote]
Ok. Send me a mail on kunuigbe @ gmail.com

Or call 07038214645

I hope you are in Port Harcourt tho.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by udysweet(f): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2015
Oh great! Wen do start?
jaybee3:

I'm doing it for free
smiley
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I'm interested. I know a little more than the basics.

If you are in PH give me a call on 07038214645
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2015
jaybee3:

I'm doing it for free
Bros what of me na?
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by udysweet(f): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2015
Thank you sir
tjkadzyanju:
date me....will teach u all
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by rman: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2015
homesteady:

I'm studying dentistry, I don't think dentist use excel for anything!

Think big bro..... maybe someday you will own your own clinic. Even in dentistry, isn't there any form or record keeping and data analysis no matter how small?
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:26am On Apr 15, 2015
Would do.
Kingsleyinfo:

If you are in PH give me a call on 07038214645

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Aptitude Test. / 2015 NNPC/ESSO (ExxonMobil) International Postgraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.