Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Is This The Question That Created Atheism? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The Question That Created Atheism? (5802 Views)

Collection Of Thought Patterns That Created God(s) Idea / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

There is nothing you want to tell me about buddhism which I dont already know. Ya I know devas and lot of ritual practises in buddhism but there is no superntural attributes to them. It is as that simple.

Let me slide on myth.

http://faculty.gvsu.edu/websterm/mythfaqs.htm .accordint to this link, myth should not be thrown outside but should be studied so as to understand the coded msg encoded in it.

For example, In Yoruba creation myth, Ogun - Iron deity moulded man both. But a look at science, we learnt that calcium builds bone. Calcium is a metallic chemical element. Therefore, you will see through that Ogun represent Calcium in the mythical aspect and the mythology is through only when seeing through the other side of the metphor and symbols.

Myth hold truth metaphorically and symbolically. http://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology .

Wisemen dont throw it out. But they dig out the truth embedded in it.

So wise up.

Lol devas are defined(देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of
non-human beings http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism) nothing supernatural huh? wink

Then for the mythology part..
Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths and miracles as poetic fancies.
To teach superstition as truth is horrifying. The mind of the child accepts them and only through great pain perhaps tragedy can the child be relieved of it.
Men will fight for superstition as quickly as the living truth- even more so; since superstition is intangible, you cant get at it to refute it but truth is a point of view and so is changeable
Hypatia of Alexandria...

We enjoy fables and mythologies, you struggle tooth and nail to establish them as truth because you believe them.. Lol.. i wonder how may of them u will believe.. Now that is your business.. M Done with the baseless argument over the belief of mythology.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol devas are defined(देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of
non-human beings http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism) nothing supernatural huh? wink

Does this make devas supernatural? Are there non human beings again? What sort of reasoing is this?

Do you even know what superntural is?
johnydon22:

Then for the mythology part..
Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths and miracles as poetic fancies.
To teach superstition as truth is horrifying. The mind of the child accepts them and only through great pain perhaps tragedy can the child be relieved of it.
Men will fight for superstition as quickly as the living truth- even more so; since superstition is intangible, you cant get at it to refute it but truth is a point of view and so is changeable
Hypatia of Alexandria...

We enjoy fables and mythologies, you struggle tooth and nail to establish them as truth because you believe them.. Lol.. i wonder how may of them u will believe.. Now that is your business.. M Done with the baseless argument over the belief of mythology.. smiley

Crap!

Our discussion is not about belief in myth but tackling the truthful issues it hold.

Ogun to me is not a superman but mythical illustration of chemical element.

This is the beauty of literature and cultural heritage, not just belief system. Here, myth roll in with metaphor, symbols and personification. These expression describe a phenomenon in another way but hold the same meaning to it. Myth define a specific culture's wealth in terms of collective mind possibilities.

Mythology is a vast body of knowledge that has not been tapped. - Devdutt Pattanaik

The point of mythology or myth is to point to the horizon and to point back to ourselves: This is who we are; this is where we came from; and this is where we're going. And a lot of Western society over the last hundred years - the last 50 years really - has lost that. We have become rather aimless and wandering. - J. Michael Straczynski

Lady Justice, Gaia and Ogun does exist.

You can always run from it but the truth is that this gods exist

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Sir don't waste more of your time. This argument comes down to
-"people think stones are gods. Do you deny stone's(god's) existence?"
-"Hindus worship the singularity that birthed the universe. Do you deny the big bang?"

When too many dictionary defintions start pouring out from no where, it's obvious it's coming down to word games.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
DProDG:

-"Hindus worship the singularity that birthed the universe. Do you deny the big bang?"

When too many dictionary defintions start pouring out from no where, it's obvious it's coming down to word games.

This is not word game but fusing a+theo to all branches of theism.

Atheism from the word a + theos mean disbelief in the existence of god/gods.

But do atheist care to define what they mean by god? Nope. So I dont think you need to run or complain when I relay to you different concept of God.

In pantheism and animism, stone is god.

In apotheosis, man is god.

In the bible, man is god.

In astrolatry, Star is god

So fuss this together, will an atheist claim disbelieve in god define according to these concepts and branch of religion?

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope thats not it... you are way very so so very wrong grin

here is the question, just two nice simple words smiley

[size=20]Prove it [/size]

I will if you can prove the existence of MAN. How did man come to be.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Knowing the origin of man does not justify his existence.

You could have ask him what is 'self'; the I or me. And also ask if the inner self exist. If yes, they should prove it
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
DProDG:

Sure thing bro... Have put it to rest..

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Existence of man? hahahahahahahaha that moment when a man is asking you dumb questions. . . origin means existence to you? Lol... i don die..

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is not word game but fusing a+theo to all branches of theism.

Atheism from the word a + theos mean disbelief in the existence of god/gods.

But do atheist care to define what they mean by god? Nope. So I dont think you need to run or complain when I relay to you different concept of God.

In pantheism and animism, stone is god.

In apotheosis, man is god.

In the bible, man is god.

In astrolatry, Star is god

So fuss this together, will an atheist claim disbelieve in god define according to these concepts and branch of religion?
You just keep beating around the same bush. Do I have to explain something you obviously already know to you?

Atheists do not reject the existence of material objects like stars, stones, trees, man etc(see how I'm explaining it like you're a toddler) but rather reject the notion of divinity and any other supernatural attachment to it.

Stop wasting both our times with pointless questions like that.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Existence of man? hahahahahahahaha that moment when a man is asking you dumb questions. . . origin means existence to you? Lol... i don die..

I thought you would be able to deduce what I meant by that. I'm asking you to tell prove how man came to BE in existence.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

I thought you would be able to deduce what I meant by that. I'm asking you to tell prove how man came to BE in existence.

its simple [size=20] i don't know.. I was born barely some decades ago smiley[/size]

And for the record origin doesn't mean existence, in case of next time smiley
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

TF!!! So I even added how did man come to be and you are laughing and calling that dumb. OMG!!!! Some people sha!!!!!! Just answer the question. Mtch
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

its simple [size=20] i don't know.. I was born barely some decades ago smiley[/size]

And for the record origin doesn't mean existence, in case of next time smiley

So why tf are you asking the people of today to prove God's existence??
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:
TF!!! So I even added how did man come to be and you are laughing and calling that dumb. OMG!!!! Some people sha!!!!!! Just answer the question. Mtch

How man came to be (origin) and the existence of man are two distinct questions.. You should learn how and when to apply them next time smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

its simple i don't know.. I was born barely some decades ago smiley

[size=20]And for the record origin doesn't mean existence[/size], in case of next time smiley

I asked how [size=30]man came to be In EXISTENCE!!![/size] in case of next time
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

So why tf are you asking the people of today to prove God's existence??

Again existence is not origin ... Can you and i argue over a dog's existence? How is it very simple to discern that than your supposedly sky daddy ? cheesy

Its simple..
I say : I have a dog

question is : Prove it?

My reply should be here : Here see the dog.. (provides the dog)

but in this case

You say : I have a god

Question : Prove it?

Its as simple as that smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

How man came to be (origin) and the existence of man are two distinct questions.. You should learn how and when to apply them next time smiley

Wtf are you saying!!?? I asked you "prove the existence of man, how man came to be"

And you are replying me with jibber jabber. Just accept you didn't understand. The question.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Wtf are you saying!!?? I asked you "prove the existence of man, how man came to be"

And you are replying me with jibber jabber. Just accept you didn't understand. The question.

Lmao... I still wonder why am wasting time with you.....

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
DProDG:

You just keep beating around the same bush. Do I have to explain something you obviously already know to you?

Atheists do not reject the existence of material objects like stars, stones, trees, man etc(see how I'm explaining it like you're a toddler) but rather reject the notion of divinity and any other supernatural attachment to it.

Stop wasting both our times with pointless questions like that.

Hold ya breathe bro.

How do you define divinity and supernatural?

I think you draw lot of fallacious meaning into divinity and supernaturals.

Divinity mean being divine which as well mean 'very good, beautiful; magnificent; pleasant; delightful and godlike'.

Supernatural is any phenomena, real or imagined, that is unexplainable by naturalistic means according to our current understanding.

So how does these two stop material entity from been God?

Do you belief in the existence of non-supernatural gods? Ex Spinoza god.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Esdb3: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Again existence is not origin ... Can you and i argue over a dog's existence? How is it very simple to discern that than your supposedly sky daddy ? cheesy

Its simple..
I say : I have a dog

question is : Prove it?

My reply should be here : Here see the dog.. (provides the dog)

but in this case

You say : I have a god

Question : Prove it?

Its as simple as that smiley

That is your mistake. He created this process, this earth but made us so smart. We don't need him for basic. Development which is now turning out to be his fault, since you are using that to question his existence. Nothinh in this realm can be except created, you can't prove your ancenstral existence and you are questioning God.

I think it is the way you view life. View it as a man(yourself) who for fun created an atmosphere and living things like himself and let them live, gave them a brain to think and develop and grow in development. Imagine now, they, ur creations, start questioning your existence since they can make basic things for themselves. How wouldd you feel? I don't expect a reply. I ended with that illustration to giive you a picture and prick whatever is left of your conscience. Bye-bye.... And Jesus existed so what's your point in saying christianity is false.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Sure thing bro... Have put it to rest..

You have to run when it is hard enough.
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pr0ton:

Wasn't that how you started in the womb?

comparing procreation and evolution now .... I tot u guys said they were different when I brought it up sometime in relation to the design of an offspring

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lol...I don't have as much free time as you do
FOLYKAZE:

Hold ya breathe bro.

How do you define divinity and supernatural?

I think you draw lot of fallacious meaning into divinity and supernaturals.

Divinity mean being divine which as well mean 'very good, beautiful; magnificent; pleasant; delightful and godlike'.

Supernatural is any phenomena, real or imagined, that is unexplainable by naturalistic means according to our current understanding.

So how does these two stop material entity from been God?

Do you belief in the existence of non-supernatural gods? Ex Spinoza god.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
DProDG:
Lol...I don't have as much free time as you do

Typical hateist.

Lol. . . .

Indeed, atheism is noises of folks who cannot justify religious belief.

Bragging around that you disbelief in existence of GOD but take to their heel when god is defined.

When divinities and supernatural cant help, they run hiding. Crazy folks.

Cheers
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Typical hateist.

Lol. . . .

Indeed, atheism is noises of folks who cannot justify religious belief.

Bragging around that you disbelief in existence of GOD but take to their heel when god is defined.

When divinities and supernatural cant help, they run hiding. Crazy folks.

Cheers

K

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
when they can't answer your question ... you'd see responses like "k" , "Lol...I don't have as much free time as you do" cool
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by macof(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

..hahahahahahahahahahaha so brahman is a gravitational singularity or an entity which is it?

Your problem here is that you don't even know what the word "entity" means
You probably think it's about a material object with a personality undecided

Single emotions are entities, thoughts are entities, expressions are entities...Gods in spirituality are Expressions
Expression of different aspect of Nature

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by macof(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Am sure we have treated this crap before in your thread and am not ready to repeat all and start going in circles again..

Gaia is a greek mythological personification of earth.. still the same thing we were talking about brahma.. Earth is a planet not an entity.

Is earth a conscious entity or just a planet?

is gravitational singularity a conscious entity? Choose..smiley

What educated person doesn't know The earth is an entity

And to your question Yes! The earth is a conscious entity so is cosmic singularly which = the initial state of the universe, or the universe itself
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by macof(m): 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Magic is science.

Mythology is mere expression.

Religion is way of live

spirituality is observance of natural law.

This are component of science.

Religion is a dogmatic set of beliefs...culture is a way of life
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by macof(m): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You shifting from entity to conscious entity.

Well I hold the belief that the universe and including planet earth is very conscious. This is an extent to which you define what consciousness as.

Your description is balderdash.

Lady justice is a greek mythical greek goddess just like Gaia. They both share the same allegory personification or representation of a substance which in turn are been served as a deity. She is a beatiful lad.

Lady Justice took relation of Themis and Maat which are Hellenic and egyptian goddess respectively. Themis has a daughter called Dike who help in carrying scale around. She was adopted in rome as Iustitia carrying scales and a sword, and wearing a blindfold.

She wore a black apron on a silver blouse and swind her sword everywhere.

Will you say lady justice does not exist because she is mythical expression of justice?

This applies to Gaia too. They are both mythical goddesses but exist in reality.

http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Iustitia

http://www.commonlaw.com/Justice.html

Honestly I wonder about this people.
An expression is just an art, what it describes is the main thing
Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by Pr0ton: 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

comparing procreation and evolution now .... I tot u guys said they were different when I brought it up sometime in relation to the design of an offspring

It was your idea of the impossibility of single cell to divide itself into complex form that I objected using procreation. If it can why is evolution not possible?

1 Like

Re: Is This The Question That Created Atheism? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pr0ton:

It was your idea of the impossibility of single cell to divide itself into complex form that I objected using procreation. If it can why is evolution not possible?

there are a thousand and one design patterns of different animal and plant species .. from just one cell?

There are organs and systems that perform various functions in an animal body... from just one cell?

Evolution could have made sense if there were 4 to 7 species on earth but 10 to 14 million? nahh

Lemme ask you , why do you think the evolution theory is plausible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis / Ways Christians Deny Jesus / How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.