Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? (3397 Views)

The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water / Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Can Raise Risk Of Heart Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by kelvinnile(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2009
hello nairalanders, i would like like to find out if regular drinking of energy drinks like RED BULL, have any negative effect on our health, because i drink at least one every day.
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by stnonymus(m): 11:37am On Jan 29, 2009
Apart from it leading to an addiction, it also may not be good for hypertensive patients since its a stimulant.

I would suggest you concentrate more on fruit sugars than on Energy drinks because they may have chemical toxins that could have damaging effects on your internal organs if taken consistently over a period of time.

Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by ilaugh1: 11:47am On Jan 29, 2009
@Poster

I pity u. You fill your system with caffein.
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by kemacherbs(m): 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2009
You are risking your life man.They are all stimulant which normally work against the nervous system.The after effect can be disastrous without prior warning.Desist from taking it and if you must once in a while man.If you are suffering from quick ejaculation,weak erection which is the reason why people take them, do contact me (kemac_remedies@yahoo.com) for the ultimate solution without stimulants.
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by dantitiki(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
Now get this straight. Caffeine in energy drink has partial storage in human bodies, also dehydrates the body off water, and causes a constant release of andrenalin in the body.
After effect of this is stress, body knock down(weakness) and unecessary anger.
NOTE: most diseases are a result from dehydration. Diseases can't thrive in well hydrated bodies, so keep in mind to live well, and reduce going to hospital by drinking water.

Stay away from energy drinks. try Lucosade BOOST or glucose in water.

STAY HYDRATED AND WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!LIVE LONG AND HEALTHY!!
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by kelvinnile(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
To all of you that showed concern, bear it in mind that you just saved a life.
I was actualy becoming addicted to waht was gradually killing me in silence, like the holy book says " my people die because of lack of knowledge.
once again, thanks to all you guys, from today, it is bye bye to energy drinks.
much luv.
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by spikedcylinder: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
kemacherbs:

You are risking your life man.They are all stimulant which normally work against the nervous system.The after effect can be disastrous without prior warning.Desist from taking it and if you must once in a while man.If you are suffering from quick ejaculation,weak erection which is the reason why people take them, do contact me (kemac_remedies@yahoo.com) for the ultimate solution without stimulants.

Thats just enough reason to scare men away from the drink! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by 6inchez(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2009
Why do you need one a day?Do you club everyday?Are you always on night duty?Or are you a bricklayer? that needs so much energy.It will tell on you.Red bull contains caffein which reduces effect of sleep,high level of mental alertness for a period of time.Continuous intake causes insomnia,headaches,anxiety,anger,depression etc.If you continue,your organs begin to shut down one after the other begining with the liver,kidney,heart,the brain dies after it must have bled internally without notice,that is why you have severe headaches at first.Just like doping,you are becoming addicted.You need serious rest if you are experiencing these and please do not take drugs,just drink water as much as you can.Rest,rest that is all you need.
Re: What Are The Effects Of Drinking Energy Drinks? by drlizzy(f): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2009
STAY CLEAR FROM ENERGY DRINKS.Its demerits outweighs that feeling of energy you get for a while.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Cant Sleep At Night / COVID-19 Update For September 17 2021 In Nigeria / Woman Gives Birth To 8.7 Kilo Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.