Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD (8271 Views)

Aki & Paw-paw Float Movie Production Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by sorepco(m): 10:39am On Apr 17, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]that is theater you are talkig about. dont confuse it with film production, please

opiaoku:

my son how far cheesy
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2015
Ikengawo:

The Igbo race won't be defined by a DSTV channel. The Igbo race will go down in History as the blacks that made a bigger movie industry than Hollywood. At that point who will ask if they used Onitcha or Aba Igbo dialect? Meanwhile Yoruba movies have been here for almost 15 years and actors/actresses can't get paid.

Every day a new actress is caught selling drugs to feed her children. Look at Funke. Yoruba movie actress that basically lives in Enugu now making real money, prospering, developing, growing, getting international million dollar endorsements. She's now an icon and makes Yoruba people proud because of the Igbo made ENGLISH movie industry. Meanwhile I can't name a single yoruba actor or actress except the losers I posted on here. Why? Because they're failures and nobody knows. Nobody is proud of them. They won't go down in history. They're worthless.

What's worst is it's still Igbo people that are marketing and distributing Yoruba films lol. Go to Alaba, Aba Market, or Onitsha Main Market and you see boys pumping out Yoruba films like Ijebu rice.

Usual boasting no sense! Trying to take the glory of the success of an establishment alone seems like a disease of the whole igbo race. "Abuja and Lagos economy that you own 90% comes to mind" lol. Yorubas had started making movies since the 1960s, Hubert ogunde and Ola Balogun pioneered nollywood! Your igbo brothers didn't come on board until 1992. You think nollywood started 23 years ago? Read up! It won't hurt a fly!!

Despite pioneering nollywood, you won't hear the yorubas beat chest unnecessarily over history. Some of the best actresses and actors have consistently been yorubas. Omotola Jolade, Ramsey tokunbo Noah, Desmond Elliot, Joke Silva easily comes to mind. The best film maker out there right now is kunle afolayan who has consistently raked in more awards and cash that his igbo counterparts can only dream of.

More interesting is the fact that most of the actors/actresses in English films with supposed igbo roots can't even speak the Igbo language or are too ashamed to speak them in any capacity. Till date the Igbo movie industry is in shambles while yorubas are decades ahead. If you know how highly we value our yoruba actors and their movies here, you will cry for your non-existent movie industry.

If there's anything the last few days has taught me, it's that unlike the yorubas, the igbos are ashamed of their culture, beliefs, values and most embarrassingly, their homes (southeast).

Yorubas Rock!!
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

You are the most useless, earth-unworthy and worthless Nigerian on earth as at today.

You think you control Nollywood cos Yorubas are not loud like your chest-beating Apes look alike kinsmen. I ll list the names of big actors in Nollywood with perfect diction not those ones with Igbotic diction.

Tinsel remain the best and most watched soap in Africa. Thank God for the production crew are not Igbos, otherwise they would have filled up the whole production with actors with Igbo accent.

Go and watch Tinsel and see how words are spelt and pronounced by Yoruba actors unlike your Igbo/Nollywood movies.

55% of actors in Tinsel are what? Yorubas while 30% are from Niger-delta region; the likes of Richard Mofe, Obaseki etc. Why does Tinsel cast turn out like this; 55% yorubas and 30%Niger-deltans is a question u need to ask your sorry ass? Production crew are not normal tribalistic Igbos.

Tell me how many actors from your landlocked can compete with these following actors when it comes to diction and even fame apart from overrated Genny Nnaji.

These two actors are awesome. Rita dominic and Jim Iyke.

1). Yemi Dudu- does that sound like Igbo name to you Mofo
2). Bimbo Akintola-Does that sound like Igbo name?

3).Omotola Jolade- does sound like erosion stricken name?

4). Joke Silva- does that sound like Onitsha name

5). Olu Jacob - does that sound like Aba name Mofo?

6). Ramsey Tokunbo Noah- does this sound like your Ikechukwu

7). Taiwo Ajai Lycett- does that sound Patience Ozokwor

cool.Funlola Aofiyebi-raimi- that sound like Ngozi to u

9).Iretiola Doyle- that sound like someone from the East

10).Victor Olaitan-

11). Funmi Holder

12) Desmond Elliott

Smh all this names u mention ... Aint familiar they are ..........,

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by proudlyhandsome: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Lemon12:
Smh all this names u mention ... Aint familiar they are ..........,

Without those names dude, there is no Nollywood.
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonychristopher: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2015
clothing market can be more expensive than engine market. Men the way yoruba reason is pathetic, I must say, how can u say Asoke market is bigger than ladipo in terms of value and finance

Only a gear box of murano (460k) will buy the whole aso oke shop, mehn I am wondering how you guys reason sometimes. Only industrial gas cooker in Alaba which is 700k will buy that 3 aso oke shops

Dude, forget una mouth

we know una

Topeakintola:

Of course you are trying to be tribalistic and it is a shame that Ishilove has not banned you for your comments.

Yorubas are ingenious and excellent managers, this is an historical fact. Just because ibos like beating their chests and flaunting their wealth after every pay cheque does not mean they are more successful.

You might be surprised to know that the Aso Oke/Textile industry in Lagos Island controlled by Yoruba women is larger than Alaba and Ladipo put together but you won't know this because you hardly hear them make noise.

You expose your illiteracy by comparing LIB and Nairaland and concluding that Linda is richer than Seun, typical ibo surface analysis. You claim you are studying in Malaysia, have they not taught you the art of critical analysis? So you conclude that Linda is richer because she is flaunting cars online while Seun is keeping a low profile? How do you know he still lives with his parents? Did he tell u this? You see that is the difference between Yorubas and ibos, we are not noisemakers. What Linda makes in a month, Seun probably makes in less than a week. Regardless what makes you think that Seun is in this for the money? I know it might be strange to your race and culture but some people derive satisfaction from causes other than material gain or reward. Let us ask Nigerians which of the two platforms they benefit more from? In 20 years LIB would be history because her business is easily replicable while Seun's NL is is a 'stand alone' platform. Many have tried to copy his format- unsuccessfully while LIB already has multiple competitors. Now who is smarter?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonychristopher: 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
I think you are amiking sense, seun is innovative but not enterprising, that is a fact, one thing is inventing something another thing is making it commercial viable.

I think Seun should have a way of monitizing this site or he sell it to serious business owner and also he must call this business, have an office address. online business is big business

seun dont charge for membership but u have to charge for advvert etc..this is a serious business. I am in marketing communication, if he is clueless on how to go about it, he should contact me

ur making sense

rudedough:

There is a difference between constructive criticism and tribalism and i need not be banned for that. Like i said earlier, banning is a primordial way of correcting anomalies in a public forum like this. There should be a better way of coordinating this forum such that it will be beneficial to its users and the management.

I see you're a very emotional person hence you find my comment offensive because all i can sense from your comment is strong emotional defense of your tribe. I don’t hate Yorubas, I actually grew up with them. I love Nairaland and i appreciate Seun's handwork. He's a very intelligent guy, there's no doubt about it but he lacks the entrepreneurial skill to manage this enterprise and i mean no disrespect. I’m sorry if you find my comment offensive but this is my way of criticizing Nairaland in order to better this platform. Maybe you should learn to open your mind to criticism, perhaps you could learn a thing or two and work toward bettering yourself.

BTW I saw Seun viewing the topic a few days ago, apparently he didn't pick any offence. He seems like a serious minded guy to me and i am sure he's giving my criticism a thought and he's already working to improve this forum.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sometimes I don't understand why guys should be discussing businesses with yolobas.

A yoloba business outlook goes thus.

1. Yoloba shops that sell kuli kuli have uniform securities opening doors to customers that come once in 5hrs.

2. A yolobawoman pays her shop rentage from the pocket of her hubby who prolly works in a bank or govt staff.

3. A yolobawoman will sell plastic on monday, biscuit on tuesday, agbo on wednesday, phone accessories on Thursday, okrika on friday while on saturday morning she will sell everything on her shop auction to go and bail her clothes in tailor which she will use to party on sunday.

4. Yolobamen will sell all the wares in their shop to host naming ceremony, two weeks later the church will announce that a brother have accommodation problem and need donation.

5. There can never be two yolobawomen selling similar items on the same street.

6. There can never be two yolobawomen selling similar things opposite each other in the same expressway.

7. Yoloba person can never give you change even if you bought N900 goods and gave her N1k, they will devote more energy and strength abusing and insulting you instead of looking for change.

8. That your a customer to a yolobawoman does not mean you can buy from others when she didn't have the item, your finished the day you patronized Iya Dotun across mainroad when Iya Sikiru don't have the item.

9. A yoloba will spend 9000hp of energy abusing and insulting you instead of .1hp to price a goods with you, to them you don't need to price the goods.

10. A yolobaman will start selling tiles the day he heard that that Emeka selling tiles bought a car.

11. A yolobaman will likely quit his job and borrow from bank to start importing electrical appliances the day he heard that Okoro the electronic dealer in the shop down the street bought a land at Ogun state.

12. A small shop selling cheap imported clothes , jewellries or wines own by a yolobawoman will likely have a secretary, a cleaner, two uniform security men on one door, an air conditioner, industrial generator powering the shop from sun up to sun down......but an average of four customers per week on peak period which two came to make inquiries.

Yolobass need business tutorials, businesses are not done without networking and internship but they will tell you igbos are doing bloodmoney, arm robberies and selling drugs.

tonychristopher:
clothing market can be more expensive than engine market. Men the way yoruba reason is pathetic, I must say, how can u say Asoke market is bigger than ladipo in terms of value and finance

Only a gear box of murano (460k) will buy the whole aso oke shop, mehn I am wondering how you guys reason sometimes. Only industrial gas cooker in Alaba which is 700k will buy that 3 aso oke shops

Dude, forget una mouth

we know una

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Sometimes I don't understand why guys should be discussing businesses with yolobas.

1. Yoloba shops that sell kuli kuli have uniform securities opening doors to customers that come once in 5hrs.

2. A yolobawoman pays her shop rentage from the pocket of her hubby who prolly works in a bank or govt staff.

3. A yolobawoman will sell plastic on monday, biscuit on tuesday, agbo on wednesday, phone accessories on Thursday, okrika on friday while on saturday morning she will sell everything on her shop auction to go and bail her clothes in tailor which she will use to party on sunday.

4. Yolobamen will sell all the wares in their shop to host naming ceremony, two weeks later the church will announce that a brother have accommodation problem and need donation.

6. There can never be two yolobawomen selling similar things opposite each other in the same expressway.

7. Yoloba person can never give you change even if you bought N900 goods and gave her N1k, they will devote more energy and strength abusing and insulting you instead of looking for change.

8. That your a customer to a yolobawoman does not mean you can buy from others when she didn't have the item, your finished the day you patronized Iya Dotun across mainroad when Iya Sikiru don't have the item.

9. A yoloba will spend 9000hp of energy abusing and insulting you instead of .1hp to price a goods with you, to them you don't need to price the goods.

10. A yolobaman will start selling tiles the day he heard that that Emeka selling tiles bought a car.

11. A yolobaman will likely quit his job and borrow from bank to start importing electrical appliances the day he heard that Okoro the electronic dealer in the shop down the street bought a land at Ogun state.

12. A small shop selling cheap imported clothes , jewellries or wines own by a yolobawoman will likely have a secretary, a cleaner, two uniform security men on one door, an air conditioner, industrial generator powering the shop from sun up to sun down......but an average of four customers per week on peak period which two came to make inquiries.

Yolobass need business tutorials, businesses are not done without networking and internship but they will tell you igbos are doing bloodmoney, arm robberies and selling drugs.

LOL

You didn't mention their numerous meetings (Ala-agbo cooperative society, pepper grinder association, barber association, land/house agent association, saloon society, battery charger association, Association of mechanic etc.) where they fix the price of their services. Mama Sukura price for grinding a basin of tomato must be the exact same with Mama Bisi's grinding shop, and if Mama Bisi should eventually reduce her price, she will be publicly disgraced, fined heavily, her grinding machine might probably be seized by her rioting society women.

Yoruba business is a complete joke honestly. grin
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by sorepco(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
i keep telling you guys, theater is not film makig...almost everu primary school in the east get involved in theater during easter and xmas periods....those are not films, once more.

LAGrejectIBO:

What you just described is not a negative and neither is it a derogatory of Yoruba race. Nollywood and all its intrigues is new to other cultures in Nigeria but to the Yorubas we have been there, done it and saturated it.

When it comes to theater and cinema, you are not in the class or rank of those who hold pedigree to make critical contributions to the pioneering instincts of Yoruba magic and drama. Suffice to share with you an entry in Encyclopedia Brittanica which chronicles that Yoruba has been in theater since 1944 and our women have been on stage, in studios and on screen since 1946. Now beat that!

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/425901/Hubert-Ogunde

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonychristopher: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
this is the whole truth...i was at Enugu, i was going to nike hotel, from Shoprite, its 100 and i gave the conductor 1000 he just gave me change, i was suprised, its only in lagos that voruba woman will tell a customer no change instead of looking for change, if you price her market aband the price isnt ok she will call u alaroro, whatever that means, the conductors will shout 500, 1000 no enter or ma wale..lol

their business sense is funny, they love associations, association of tomatoes seller, hair dressers etc so they can manipulate the price

uou captured it well

lol

BuddahMonk:

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonychristopher: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
thats true,lol

rudedough:

LOL

You didn't mention their numerous meetings (Ala-agbo cooperative society, pepper grinder association, barber association, land/house agent association, saloon society, battery charger association, Association of mechanic etc.) where they fix the price of their services. Mama Sukura price for grinding a basin of tomato must be the exact same with Mama Bisi's grinding shop, and if Mama Bisi should eventually reduce her price, she will be publicly disgraced, fined heavily, her grinding machine might probably be seized by her rioting society women.

Yoruba business is a complete joke honestly. grin
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ikengawo: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
[size=15pt]Nollywood: Why Yoruba movie actors aren’t respected[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-DOtl-KxwfJ4/UlPhZM0vLnI/AAAAAAAAUns/jXOKUQNqpFA/s1600/funsho+adeolu+yomi+fash+lanso+awards.jpg[/img]
I have discovered that contrary to what some Nollywood top shots will have the public believe, there still exists a huge disparity between the Yoruba actors and their English speaking colleagues. Sadly, this has gone on for a long time and may continue, especially as the present generation, most of whom are educated, aren’t making efforts to bridge the gap but would rather continue to lag behind their English speaking colleagues, who continue to rake in mouth watering contracts, get featured in TIME magazine and chat with CNN, Oprah and other well known media houses.

Some blame the universality of the English language for this, but the Merriam Webster dictionary defines a celebrity simply as a famous or celebrated person, which means it is void of connections with tribe or language. Needless to say, the criteria for being a celebrity are both in the ‘art’ and in the artist. Sadly, Yoruba actors, though may have the art in them, are not doing well enough to project themselves. To help them do this, here are three things I advise they put into consideration

1. Be Visible: A large number of the Yoruba actors and movie makers do not have quality pictures online, let alone personal websites or Wikipedia pages. Only a few are on IMDb, while those present on social media hardly engage their fans on the respective platforms. If and when they do interact, they do so with lots of blunders, caused by carelessness and impatience. Worse still, is the habit of shying away from interviews, with their usual excuse being ‘I’m on location’. But being visible isn’t restricted to social media. It extends to physical presence at gatherings and functions where they can meet and build relationships with colleagues, fans and other industry players.

2. Work with a team: A celebrity is first and foremost a brand, and that implies it must be desired by people. Creating such need in the minds of people isn’t a one-man job, which is where the importance of having a team comes into play. The team should consist of at least a spokesperson, manager, a stylist/makeup artist. All three have important roles to play. While the stylist ensures the clothes, hair and makeup are in place, the spokesperson ‎helps you stay relevant in eyes of the media and sells your strength to potential investors, while the manager sorts out how to move the career forward and fraternizes with those who matter to ensure this is done.

3. Be Professional: It is a well known fact that many Yoruba actors and movie makers don’t have a background in film-making but learnt on the job. While this is not a problem, there is a need for constant improvement, which may involve going to film schools, building portfolios and working according to industry standards....
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonytony208(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
kayode27:

Are you the mouthpiece of the Yoruba's
Crawl back to your hole.

dodoyo

It is your father that is dodyo, whatever it means
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonytony208(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ikengawo:

say indescribable in Yoruba LOL

So you're telling me that using a language not everyone can understand is cowardice, but you want yorubas to make movies in a language their own children barely understand?

yawo.

You are a confused eediot. You are posting on a public forum in an unknown language, which is eediotic. Wait till you form Igbo forum then you can post there in your language. Yoruba movies are meant for yoruba audience and it does not concern your father if their children can understand it or not.
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ikengawo: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
tonytony208:

You are a confused eediot. You are posting on a public forum in an unknown language, which is eediotic. Wait till you form Igbo forum then you can post there in your language. Yoruba movies are meant for yoruba audience and it does not concern your father if their children can understand it or not.

Re-Type this post in Yoruba LOL

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
I wanted to reply him about the Seun vs Linda Ikeji issue, but you did a good job. Just because Seun does not flaunt how much he has does not mean he makes less money than Linda Ikeji. Seun might be buying stocks/shares, real estate and other assets because he is a man, while Linda Ikeji might be concerned about flaunting her luxury cars.

Topeakintola:

Of course you are trying to be tribalistic and it is a shame that Ishilove has not banned you for your comments.

Yorubas are ingenious and excellent managers, this is an historical fact. Just because ibos like beating their chests and flaunting their wealth after every pay cheque does not mean they are more successful.

You might be surprised to know that the Aso Oke/Textile industry in Lagos Island controlled by Yoruba women is larger than Alaba and Ladipo put together but you won't know this because you hardly hear them make noise.

You expose your illiteracy by comparing LIB and Nairaland and concluding that Linda is richer than Seun, typical ibo surface analysis. You claim you are studying in Malaysia, have they not taught you the art of critical analysis? So you conclude that Linda is richer because she is flaunting cars online while Seun is keeping a low profile? How do you know he still lives with his parents? Did he tell u this? You see that is the difference between Yorubas and ibos, we are not noisemakers. What Linda makes in a month, Seun probably makes in less than a week. Regardless what makes you think that Seun is in this for the money? I know it might be strange to your race and culture but some people derive satisfaction from causes other than material gain or reward. Let us ask Nigerians which of the two platforms they benefit more from? In 20 years LIB would be history because her business is easily replicable while Seun's NL is is a 'stand alone' platform. Many have tried to copy his format- unsuccessfully while LIB already has multiple competitors. Now who is smarter?
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonytony208(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ikengawo:

Re-Type this post in Yoruba LOL

You are an eediot. I am not discussing with a Yoruba audience and nairaland is not a Yoruba site; it is multicultural and multilingual and the language for discuss here is English. Because you meet with a number of Yorubas, who can't write in their language does not mean every Yoruba can't. I'm certain there are some igbos that can't write in their language too. Stop playing around like a foool. Pretend to be sensible for once in your thoughtless life.
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ikengawo: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
tonytony208:

You are an eediot. I am not discussing with a Yoruba audience and nairaland is not a Yoruba site; it is multicultural and multilingual and the language for discuss here is English. Because you meet with a number of Yorubas, who can't write in their language does not mean every Yoruba can't. I'm certain there are some igbos that can't write in their language too. Stop playing around like a foool. Pretend to be sensible for once in your thoughtless life.

can you say any of the above words in Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by tonytony208(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

can you say any of the above words in Yoruba?

Looks like you have nothing new ornsensible to write; that is why you are repeating yourself like a thoughtless eediot
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ritchiee: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
tell me that yoruba man that has produced a car i will tell you three from igbo land..i am waiting [/quote]

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPE-Xt8bCcs
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Forwetinnah: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Which one is Morywood again? Nollywood is Nollywood!!
Bollywood produces movies in different Indian dialect /traditions but they're still called Bollywood movies...una too do!!
Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ikengawo: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
Even hollywood produces movies in different languages from different countries from different races and is still hollywood. Its yoruba people that are 12 hrs away on a bad road from Igbo people that need a morrywood. Worthless tribalistic cave dwellers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD by Ritchiee: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Even hollywood produces movies in different languages from different countries from different races and is still hollywood. Its yoruba people that are 12 hrs away on a bad road from Igbo people that need a morrywood. Worthless tribalistic cave dwellers

What is this cannibal saying?Calling Yorubas who had been civilized even when their great great great great great grand fathers were still dancing around boiling pots of you know what,unclad.....shame to the undiscerning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Season 11 Applicants / Dc's Legends Of Tomorrow Fan Page / Download Throne Of Elves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.