Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband (35939 Views)

10 Signs Your Boyfriend May Never Propose To You / Five Reasons Your Boyfriend May Never Get Jealous Or Protective / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by uncleck: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
juicyjoint:

abi o, what is it with women and marriage sef?
I don't blame them. Is it not the man that will be responsible for everything, including family in laws? JUMP into marriage at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by mitchyy(f): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
uncleck:
marriage na by force? It's not a big achievement. One has to be matured enough (financially, morally etc) to contemplate marriage. Here in Africa we see marriage as a children producing contract. So if you don't have the financial strength and patience to raise children, if you do not have a big heart to contain the excesses of women called wives, if you are not yet ready to scarifies some of your hobbies, then remain single.
The inability to care for kids should not be a reason not to marry. I know so many couples who get married and then wait for some few years when they've saved enough before having kids. You are not obligated to have kids immediately you marry. The wise ones count their cost first, the unwise ones rush to have kids and let them suffer, the unserious ones refuse to marry because they are scared of the expenses of having kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by slap1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
Seeing what our ladies do in tertiary institutions, wch man go like marry? Who wan say "i do" to olosho. #okbye
My brother at a point I decided to start checking out secondary school girs. I know they are not the best, but they are still redeemable. However, I know some really good girls in the university; there's always an exception.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Oahray: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
juicyjoint:

abi o, what is it with women and marriage sef?
don't blame them, most were brought up to believe that marriage is the sole reason for their existence. No one wants to miss her true purpose in life cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by slap1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
mitchyy:

The inability to care for kids should not be a reason not to marry. I know so many couples who get married and then wait for some few years when they've saved enough before having kids. You are not obligated to have kids immediately you marry. The wise ones count their cost first, the unwise ones rush to have kids and let them suffer, the unserious ones refuse to marry because they are scared of the expenses of having kids.
Some people allow societal and family pressures to push them into what they are not prepared for. In Nigeria, when your wife is not pregnant six months after wedding, people start raising eyebrows. Personally, I've decided to 'flex' wifey for at least one year before we start having kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by realG101(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
I think the ladies should take the blame 70%..most times they make outrageous financial demands which the men don't want to live with for the rest of their lives

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by olaztek(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
decent people will remain unmarried for financial reason

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by anwo247: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whenever you are with your girl friend, her phone rings like every munite from different men and she tells you they are just friends... will you consider her ready?

Most girls can't keep just one boyfriend for one year without heeding another man. Is she prepared?

All pictures in her Facebook page is revealing her bosom because she wants 1000likes, is she prepared?

Her father is finding it difficult to pay rent but she uses Note 4 Samsung, is she ready?

Women has made men not to be ready. A typical man, when he sees a wife, will hardly let her go unmarried.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
mitchyy:
AccelerateTV

Recently I came to the conclusion that a lot of our men are no longer eager to get married. I believe they have their reasons and like most of them say, they never have enough money for the wedding day and maybe afterwards.

That makes me realize that we may not have prepared our men enough for marriage, to help them understand what measure of blessings are poured down on the man who chooses to take the bull by the horn and trust God enough to go into this institution that has been ordained by God himself.

I am yet to see anyone who consulted God before getting married, and didn’t pull through despite all the lessons that we learn on the way which give us room to grow up.

I can understand some of the reasons why men don’t want to marry these days, but one I find strange is when I discover that some men don’t actually want to get married because they are ashamed and very uncomfortable about the size of their penis.

One of the many texts I have been bombarded with lately says :“Dear sir, can a small Penis satisfy a woman with big buttocks? How many inches is long, and what do you consider as short. You may flash me and I will call you so you can tell me”.

I later found out he has not thought of getting married, because he thinks he will be ridiculed for the rest of his life. What do you make of that? Meanwhile I will like to take you through some of the other reasons why some men don’t get married.

1. MEN DON’T HAVE TO GET MARRIED TO HAVE SEX TODAY

A lot of men have realized that it is easier to get sex than in times past, when women insisted on getting married before sex. I am a man and I can tell you that a lot of women have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

I am not so sure who is more promiscuous these days, because it seems women offer sex like its going out of fashion these days . There are women, who are sleeping with about 4 men at the same time and would probably accommodate more if they can.

When women come to me to tell me how their husband was caught in Adultery, and seek my opinion on if they should leave him, I always reassure them that most men who commit adultery these days, don’t go out looking for these ladies, but that the ladies seem to be everywhere making themselves available and have removed the fun we men used to have chasing them.

When men realize that they can have all the sex they want without getting married, they just don’t see the point of GETTING MARRIED.

2. WOMEN ARE READY TO CO-HABIT WITH MEN THEY ARE NOT MARRIED TO

I believe it must have come to your attention now that a lot of men and women are living together now without being married to each other. It came to my attention through my counseling sessions.

By the time I ask the lady or man where the husband or wife will be right now, they go like “actually Jerome, I think there is one more thing you need to know and that is we are not legally married, but are just living together”.

Now that blows my mind, because you are not legally married, you are living together and also have a child or two, in Africa, yes in Africa!

I know some of these starts on Campus where a lot of girls are just not staying in their hostels, but have moved in with their boyfriends who probably have a room at the BQ of the lecturer’s Quarters on Campus or in their rented apartment in town, and most of their school mates consider it acceptable.

Please note that this is also happening amongst those who profess to be religious on Campus as well. So continuing in that way of life isn’t a problem later. How do you expect these men to consider getting married when they have found a short cut to it?

3. MEN BELIEVE THE POSSIBILITY OF DIVORCE IS HIGH THESE DAYS, SO WHY SPEND ON MARRIAGE, AND LATER ON DIVORCE

The rate of divorce is on the increase and it carries a lot of financial implications with it. So the guys figure out why marry if it can cost you more than having a family and catering for them at the end.

4. MOST MEN DON’T LIKE THE CHILD BEARING PART

Most men today don’t express “burning desire” for children, saying they are not ready yet. Another factor may be at play, “They know they will have to be there equally with a wife and provide hands-on child care.”

young men playing video games

5. SOME MEN DON’T LIKE THE CHANGE THAT COMES WITH MARRIAGE

Most of the time you will realize that a man just wants a wife “to look good, provide great sex, join in his recreational activities and tell him he is wonderful, while the Women’s requirements are much broader.” They want affection.

They want to feel loved. They want a great conversationalist, a man who is funny, a good father for their kids, someone who is attractive, a good sexual partner, a man who is ambitious and successful and God fearing.

And most men are simply not” all these things. For them to do this, a lot of changes may be required which some men are not just ready for.

6. SOME MEN KEEP LOOKING FOR THAT PERFECT WOMAN TO MARRY

Let me describe a SOUL MATE using what D.H. Lawrence said; “You are the Call and I am the Answer. You are the Wish, and I the Fulfillment. You are the Night, and I the Day.

What else? It is perfect enough. It is complete. You and I.” What I realize here is that you may never find a compliment until you are capable of complimenting. Most of the time, we are looking for someone who will compliment us without the intention of complimenting anyone.

I guess we may wait for a perfect soul mate forever until we change our attitude and go out to look for someone to compliment.

7. NO ONE IS REALLY PUTTING HIM UNDER PRESSURE TO MARRY

Men face little social pressure to marry, compared to what the females have to face. So at the end of the day, they don’t think it’s a big deal after all. One reason young men balk at marriage is “they don’t yet get it”, the problem is they just don’t realize what is in it for them.

We have not done a good job of selling marriage to men. They don’t know all the good things that will change in their lives. Married men are healthier than single men, wealthier, they live longer and happier lives, they have more sex, they have somebody who knows them, and tolerates them anyway.

8. MEN DON’T REALLY WANT TO BE WITH A SINGLE MOTHER IN MARRIAGE.

Most of the time single men are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children for a lot of reasons and one of them being that his family will object to it, the other reason could be that he begins to wonder how many men she has been with and abortions she has had before being forced to have the child with her now, and yet another reason can be that, he is not sure he will be comfortable with her having any form of contact with the father or fathers of the child/children when he is married to her.

Men feel this way forgetting that they can be worse when we talk in terms of morality. It’s more of the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Unfortunately they get away with it, because no one is holding them to ransom.

9. SOME MEN DON’T LIKE RESPONSIBILITIES.

So some men say, but it’s just another way to avoid becoming a responsible person. What a lot of men may not realize is that marriage is a vision that is bigger than who they are and all they have to do is give themselves to it with the Almighty God as a witness and then begin building together with their wives as they obtain favor from the Lord.

Men have to realize that when we are children age 0-11 we have privileges, then from age 12-21 we retain our privileges through responsibilities e.g. if you want to take your father’s car out, be ready to refill the tank after using up the fuel in it otherwise, don’t ask for it the next day since you are not ready to be responsible.

Then from age 21- what we have left is responsibilities, and a lot of us fear that, I mean being responsible. So you find a lot of irresponsible men out there, who can change if we start to prepare our younger generation for the real life out there.

10. SO MANY MEN DON’T WANT TO MISS OUT ON THE SINGLE LIFE, WHICH IS WHY EVEN SOME WHO ARE MARRIED, STILL LIVE LIKE THEY ARE SINGLE.

Well, some people just don’t want to grow up, do they?

SOURCE: http://www.acceleratetv.com/2015/04/why-your-boyfriend-may-not-be-in-a-hurry-to-become-your-husband/

11. The bible even say, it is better to be single than marry

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
This article is so effing right! Especially that single but living married part of it. @OP Thanks for sharing.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by hensben(m): 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
folabayo1:
Na una sabi
If men like make dem remain single for life
Ko kan aiye
You are married hence your negligence...it's all cool though.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by hensben(m): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
bright007:
good one kissgood one
You don marry na, why enormous go be good one smiley
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
I THINK the LADIES are COMFORTABLE with the SITUATION... that is Y they always support the movement...

Let's just keep THE SLEEPING AROUND lively...ok

Anyway, it's part of the PROPHECY..
just check the book.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
I promised myself that;I and my wife must make enough money before we bring any child to this world.

I have seen children do ill things for money especially girls,and it makes me cry.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
mitchyy:

Try and understand how Nairaland works before making undue accusations. The article above was posted on a site and I simply shared on Nairaland as obviously seen at the end of the article where credit was given. How did my gender come into play here?
Maybe coz you acted like a man. So he questioned your gender.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Still waiting for that special someone
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by funshow247(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
folabayo1:
Na una sabi
If men like make dem remain single for life
Ko kan aiye
can u imagine...so u no see any meaningful point in all this than to say ko kan aye. Soro niyen!
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by 989900: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Well, some people just don’t want to grow up, do they?

Don't grow up, it's a trap!

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
[size=17pt]Men are scared most ladies are morally bankrupt these days; no one wants to end up with an overse.xed, untrustworthy and superficial lady..... Easier staying single.... As a matter of fact most men would rather have children outside wedlock and have a pretty girlfriend till we are just tired of being single (which could come when we are 40). Plus women are veeeery hard to please for very long as they get carried away easily too.... Women these days don't make marriage appealing at alllllll, absolutely nothing to look forward to.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by gospi: 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
Seeing what our ladies do in tertiary institutions, wch man go like marry? Who wan say "i do" to olosho. #okbye
And dey do the olosho with men..
So seeing what men do with oloshos...
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by jamillion: 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Well! If can't keep a wife then keep a baby mama wink

Join d trend #teambabymama

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by killjoy(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
FLAWLES:
*yawns*

and to topic, who gives a fvck

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by kedukc(m): 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why will I stake my happiness on some entitled bag of lard?

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Oahray:
don't blame them, most were brought up to believe that marriage is the sole reason for their existence. No one wants to miss her true purpose in life cheesy

Lol, purpose indeed.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
mitchyy:

Try and understand how Nairaland works before making undue accusations. The article above was posted on a site and I simply shared on Nairaland as obviously seen at the end of the article where credit was given. How did my gender come into play here?

Nice post though.

@your profile pic...

I'M iN LOVEEEEEEEEEE

WAIT FOR IT......

With your dog! grin grin

You have a lovely dentition tho.

By the way, did you find out why that man behind you was pointing like he wants to sell the beach to the other guy on red? grin grin

Just kidding

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by folabayo1(f): 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
funshow247:
can u imagine...so u no see any meaningful point in all this than to say ko kan aye. Soro niyen!
oyami lenu o grin
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Redman44(m): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
I feel it is the lack of motivation on the part of most ladies nowadays to create extra sources of revenue, that makes men postpone marriage. Many women are 100% reliant on their husbands even if they are earning their own money. What they don't understand is that some men detest unambitious ladies. I don't know why the belief that men should cater for their wives 100% still holds. In today's world, couples must pull their resources together to create a financially sound marriage. Wives should be able to get some things done on the home front without requesting money from their husbands. Then the issue of women coming from poor families or the case of greedy Mother-In-Laws is another problem Men face in Marriage. I just believe Nigerian wives should be very honest with themselves. What are you bringing to the table in your marriage? Must you expect your husband to do everything for you all the time lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed? Why are you not using your brain in profitable and honest ventures to make more money for the family you are raising with your husband? Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by mitchyy(f): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
DeeTus:
Maybe coz you acted like a man. So he questioned your gender.
Oh really? Never knew you can make out someone's gender simply by reading an article he/she shared on a social network.
Anyway, its Nairaland, so its the norm for people to do anything to discredit/backlash an op just for the sake of gaining likes smiley
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by mitchyy(f): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
prince3009:

Nice post though.

@your profile pic...

I'M iN LOVEEEEEEEEEE

WAIT FOR IT......

With your dog! grin grin

You have a lovely dentition tho.

By the way, did you find out why that man behind you was pointing like he wants to sell the beach to the other guy on red? grin grin

Just kidding

Thanks but no thanks, my dog, Elmo is taken. He doesn't have any space in his heart to love another.
Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Redman44:
I feel it is the lack of motivation on the part of most ladies nowadays to create extra sources of revenue, that makes men postpone marriage. Many women are 100% reliant on their husbands even if they are earning their own money. What they don't understand is that some men detest unambitious ladies. I don't know why the belief that men should cater for their wives 100% still holds. In today's world, couples must pull their resources together to create a financially sound marriage. Wives should be able to get some things done on the home front without requesting money from their husbands. Then the issue of women coming from poor families or the case of greedy Mother-In-Laws is another problem Men face in Marriage. I just believe Nigerian wives should be very honest with themselves. What are you bringing to the table in your marriage? Must you expect your husband to do everything for you all the time lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed? Why are you not using your brain in profitable and honest ventures to make more money for the family you are raising with your husband? Cheers.

This right here is the major reason that discourages me though some other reasons the poster sited there comes into pay. Alot of women of today like you posited thinks this marraige thing is all about the man alone when it come to pulling in resources. Plus that part where you have to carter for the in-laws too. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband by Hitunnu(f): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
So right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Never Add Womanizing To Your Hustle, It Delays Your Breakthrough - Pretty Slay Q / Should I Still Contact Her??. / Share Ugly Experiences You Have Had Traveling To Go Meet Someone You Met Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.