Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? (4484 Views)

Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / The TRUE Meanings Of The Visions In The Book Of Revelation EXPLAINED!!! / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by xynerise: 10:56am On Apr 15, 2015
I was reading through Revelation Chapter 9,10 and 11 and I found a place where the 24 elders were mentioned sitting on thrones. I usually believe the 24 elders are the 12 Tribes of Isreal and the 12 disciples of Jesus but then I asked, If the 12 disciples are among the 24 elders, why was John not among because he was the one seeing the revelation?
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Fabdedon(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2015
maybe that is why it is revelation not supposed to be very clear..
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by xynerise: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Fabdedon:
maybe that is why it is revelation not supposed to be very clear..
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by AdeniyiA(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2015
Haven't u dreamt of seeing yourself doing something and at d same time watching .
@xynerise
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Orunto: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2015
Pray for Wisdom, for Knowledge and for Understanding. So you must always pray to have Christ in your Life. He holds the Sceptre of Righteousness, the explanation of the Knowledge you seek, firmly in His Hand.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by xynerise: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Haven't u dreamt of seeing yourself doing something and at d same time watching .
@xynerise
So you are saying the 24 elders are the 12 tribes of Israel and 12 disciples?
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Some say 12 are the twelve sons of Israel and the remaining 12 are the twelve apostles undecided
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by jcross19: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
emusmith:
Some say 12 are the twelve sons of Israel and the remaining 12 are the twelve apostles undecided
in heaven they are nine hierarchy of government which the angels -arch angels-power - dominion - virtue-thrones - cherub - seraphim - God himself,so the thrones are 24 elders in heaven that rule over kingdoms in heavens even before the foundation of earth was made. In genesis 1:26 these HE refer to let make a man in "OUR" own image. When they refer God king of kings do you think those are only earthly kings? Even in heavens they are kings as well rule over by one king.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by xynerise: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
jcross19:
in heaven they are nine hierarchy of government which the angels -arch angels-power - dominion - virtue-thrones - cherub - seraphim - God himself,so the thrones are 24 elders in heaven that rule over kingdoms in heavens even before the foundation of earth was made. In genesis 1:26 these HE refer to let make a man in "OUR" own image. When they refer God king of kings do you think those are only earthly kings? Even in heavens they are kings as well rule over by one king.
So you are saying he was speaking with the 24 elders here?
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by jcross19: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
xynerise:

So you are saying he was speaking with the 24 elders here?
he was speaking to the hosts of heavens not only the elders but all heavenly government. In revelation explain that after all the judgements then the successful man will be translated to angel-like nature then 144000 of them will now move to the kingdom of God to rule with HIM. So no where in bible where they added 12 of disciples and 12 tribes of israel to make that 24 elders .
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by gatiano(m): 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
The 24 Elders are actually A UNION CALLED GOD OR ALLAH. There are 12 Men Elders and 12 Women Elders. Every person has a complement. We come in pair "male and female".
Out of the 24 Elders, One of them is the leader who is the patriach of this 25000 years cycle (we are on the 15,101 year), The next Leader WILL BE a Woman.

12 couples (12 men and 12 women).
Each couple choose 12 helpers each which makes it 12 by 12 = 144. Those are the 144 chiefs (72 males and 72 females).

Each chief choose for themselves 1000 helpers, 144 by 1000 = 144000 thus the Judges in the bible (72000males and 72000females).

24 Elders are The custodians of the cosmic unity
144 Chiefs are the custodians of all universal force and energy
144000 Judges are the custodians of life and reality manifestation.

Who then is that one on the Throne?

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanmix2007(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
i think john here is another prophet not the john of jesus disciple
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by xynerise: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanmix2007:
i think john here is another prophet not the john of jesus disciple

John the beloved?
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanchez01: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
gatiano:
The 24 Elders are actually A UNION CALLED GOD OR ALLAH. There are 12 Men Elders and 12 Women Elders. Every person has a complement. We come in pair "male and female".
Out of the 24 Elders, One of them is the leader who is the patriach of this 25000 years cycle (we are on the 15,101 year), The next Leader WILL BE a Woman.

12 couples (12 men and 12 women).
Each couple choose 12 helpers each which makes it 12 by 12 = 144. Those are the 144 chiefs (72 males and 72 females).

Each chief choose for themselves 1000 helpers, 144 by 1000 = 144000 thus the Judges in the bible (72000males and 72000females).

24 Elders are The custodians of the cosmic unity
144 Chiefs are the custodians of all universal force and energy
144000 Judges are the custodians of life and reality manifestation.

Who then is that one on the Throne?
PLEASE, DO NOT BLASPHEM!
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanchez01: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
jcross19:
When God said "Let's make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness..." He was referring to Himself (The Godhead and Father), Jesus (The Son - John 1-5) and His Spirit (Gen 1).

To verify this, 1 John 5:7-8 verifies this, saying

"
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy
Ghost: and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness in
earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the
blood: and these three agree in one."

Having established this, it would then be impossible to say the Elders were around at the beginning of Creation because they were only mentioned in Revelations.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by gatiano(m): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
There is no blasphemy in God's vocabulary or dictionary, it was invented by the devils. What God loves most than anything is Questions. Expecially from His Black family. If you are Black, You are actually on that throne. but don't get ahead of yourself, you have a long way to go, as am I.
Sanchez01:

PLEASE, DO NOT BLASPHEM!
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by johnw74: 1:38am On Apr 16, 2015
The 24 elders are in Heaven before God's end time tribulation and wrath begins.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

The 24 elders could represent the Church who are raptured up to God. They were redeemed out of every nation and made Kings and Priests of God, and they shall reign on the Earth.

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The four beasts (living things) with the 24 elders, are probably cherubim-angels.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by AbuMikey(m): 2:18am On Apr 16, 2015
This one is good
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by CrazyMan(m): 3:20am On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:
I was reading through Revelation Chapter 9,10 and 11 and I found a place where the 24 elders were mentioned sitting on thrones. I usually believe the 24 elders are the 12 Tribes of Israel and the 12 disciples of Jesus but then I asked, If the 12 disciples are among the 24 elders, why was John not among because he was the one seeing the revelation?
I don't believe that the 24 elders are the 12 tribes of Israel or the 12 disciples of Jesus. They are most likely representatives of the Church in heaven.

The fact that they sit on thrones indicates that they reign with Christ. The Church, however, is repeatedly said to rule and reign with Christ.

Revelation 2: 1-2. 1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Revelation 2: 26-29. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

In addition, the word “ELDER”
has only been used to identify men. Particularly to men of a certain age who are mature and able to rule the Church.

1 Peter 5:1-4. 1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. 4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

So I believe its safe to conclude that the 24 elders are men representing the church of christ. And not the 12 tribes of Israel
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by jcross19: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sanchez01:

When God said "Let's make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness..." He was referring to Himself (The Godhead and Father), Jesus (The Son - John 1-5) and His Spirit (Gen 1).

To verify this, 1 John 5:7-8 verifies this, saying

"
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy
Ghost: and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness in
earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the
blood: and these three agree in one."

Having established this, it would then be impossible to say the Elders were around at the beginning of Creation because they were only mentioned in Revelations.
don't say what you don't know about God the bible is there to open yours a bit to know the truth a the supreme optimum God. In isaiah 1:18 shows God love associates , conversing with people and show God have kingdoms he rule unpon. Check ezekiel 28 vs 12 to 18 you will see that God is not the only one in His government. Then psalm 104vs 4 says: blessed be unto God who made his angels to be a spirits and His minister to be a flaming fire. Then who are the minister of God in that verse referring to ? Man of God or prophets .you better for God understanding the word of God.God is a everlasting king and He has the cabinets that rule with him, 24 elders are part of them.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanchez01: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
jcross19:
don't say what you don't know about God the bible is there to open yours a bit to know the truth a the supreme optimum God. In isaiah 1:18 shows God love associates , conversing with people and show God have kingdoms he rule unpon. Check ezekiel 28 vs 12 to 18 you will see that God is not the only one in His government. Then psalm 104vs 4 says: blessed be unto God who made his angels to be a spirits and His minister to be a flaming fire. Then who are the minister of God in that verse referring to ? Man of God or prophets .you better for God understanding the word of God.God is a everlasting king and He has the cabinets that rule with him, 24 elders are part of them.

You obviously missed some points. I'll ask some questions and I expect you answer them in the negative or the affirmative.

1. Did the Bible mention that the Elders were with God from the start?

2. Did the Bible mention that Christ was with God at the beginning? (Read John 1:1-6)

3. Did the Bible also make any reference to the Spirit of God before Creation? (Gen 1:1)

With this questions being answered, you would agree with me that I mentioned earlier that the Trinity was very much active at the time of Creation. With Jesus and the Spirit of God, the third person description "us" would not come into play. Please note that the Elders are NOT part of His government as you claimed because He does not operate a democratic or earthly kind of government.

It seems you already answered the question on who angels, ministers and flaming fire are, I'd gladly tell you that you didn't answer some of them rightly.

To arrive at this, we must look at the word "minister".

It means a messenger or a servant. I talked about this on another thread yesterday. A minister is a servant or a messenger and his duty is to DO the will of his lord (Note: lord is not spelt "Lord"wink.

Also, to get a better understand of Ps 104:4, I'd recommend you use an NIV or any other than the KJV. Again, you wrongly assumed the ministers of God in Ps 104:4 are the Elders whereas the passage said "He made his ministers (servants or messengers) flames of fire.

Again I ask, was there a time the Bible described the Elders as flaming fires? Are the Elders servants or messengers according where you suggested?

To help you out, the MINISTERS being referred to are ANGELS but not your regular angels. They are called SERAPHS and they are the closest to God as their main tasks are to worship God for who He is. Seraphs or Seraphim Angels are "ministers", servants or messengers like other Angels but their task is by the Throne, to worship day and night.

Thus, when Ps 104:4 says "Who maketh His angels spirit; His ministers flaming fire" it meant the angels are as winds while the Seraphs who worship at the Throne are as fire.

Seraphims literally mean "The burning ones" - Eze 1:4-25, and these Seraphs each have six wings - Isa 6:2; Rev 4:6-8.

I wouldn't want us to digress from the reason why the OP created this thread but I'd advise that you read the passages I provided before giving a rebuttal. smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanchez01: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Jcross19, I hope this helps you.

Ezekiel 1:4-25

"4. I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the North - an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The centre of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5. and in the FIRE was what looked like FOUR LIVING CREATURES...13. The appearance of the living creatures was like BURNING COALS OF FIRE OR LIKE TORCHES. FIRE MOVED BACK AND FORTH AMONG THE CREATURES; it was bright and lightning flashed out of it..."

Please do some intensive study of this passage. It is an interesting read. And try to get proper interpretations of Scriptures before giving them out to peoplesmiley

Shalom!
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by jcross19: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2015
Sanchez01:

You obviously missed some points. I'll ask some questions and I expect you answer them in the negative or the affirmative.

1. Did the Bible mention that the Elders were with God from the start?

2. Did the Bible mention that Christ was with God at the beginning? (Read John 1:1-6)

3. Did the Bible also make any reference to the Spirit of God before Creation? (Gen 1:1)

With this questions being answered, you would agree with me that I mentioned earlier that the Trinity was very much active at the time of Creation. With Jesus and the Spirit of God, the third person description "us" would not come into play. Please note that the Elders are NOT part of His government as you claimed because He does not operate a democratic or earthly kind of government.

It seems you already answered the question on who angels, ministers and flaming fire are, I'd gladly tell you that you didn't answer some of them rightly.

To arrive at this, we must look at the word "minister".

It means a messenger or a servant. I talked about this on another thread yesterday. A minister is a servant or a messenger and his duty is to DO the will of his lord (Note: lord is not spelt "Lord"wink.

Also, to get a better understand of Ps 104:4, I'd recommend you use an NIV or any other than the KJV. Again, you wrongly assumed the ministers of God in Ps 104:4 are the Elders whereas the passage said "He made his ministers (servants or messengers) flames of fire.

Again I ask, was there a time the Bible described the Elders as flaming fires? Are the Elders servants or messengers according where you suggested?

To help you out, the MINISTERS being referred to are ANGELS but not your regular angels. They are called SERAPHS and they are the closest to God as their main tasks are to worship God for who He is. Seraphs or Seraphim Angels are "ministers", servants or messengers like other Angels but their task is by the Throne, to worship day and night.

Thus, when Ps 104:4 says "Who maketh His angels spirit; His ministers flaming fire" it meant the angels are as winds while the Seraphs who worship at the Throne are as fire.

Seraphims literally mean "The burning ones" - Eze 1:4-25, and these Seraphs each have six wings - Isa 6:2; Rev 4:6-8.

I wouldn't want us to digress from the reason why the OP created this thread but I'd advise that you read the passages I provided before giving a rebuttal. smiley
what is the meaning of heavenly host? Did the mention angels in the beginning? Are you telling me that in the creation of earth and heaven simply means that angels were in not in existent if there were not mentioned? The government of God differ from ours okay as for there is a rules and regulations in heaven those that were offenders will be cast out that was the case of the fallen angels. See let me explain to you the government of God: angels - arch angels - principality - virtues - powers - dominions - thrones(24 elders falls to this category)-cherubums - seraphims -God himself. The arch angels are the seven spirit of God that always stand before God according to match luke 1vs19. In ephesian 6 vs 12 talk about principality and powers these are part of heavenly's own before they failed. Bible was written in a mighty forms if you don't ask spirit of understanding to on you ,you won't understand it.know in that rev.4vs6-9 you will see that they were with crown. These are the people they call thrones in heavens they have their own branches or kingdom as well but been ruled by one I mean one king this is part of reason they call God king of kings.pray for God to reveal it to you.basic.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Sanchez01: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2015
jcross19:
what is the meaning of heavenly host? Did the mention angels in the beginning? Are you telling me that in the creation of earth and heaven simply means that angels were in not in existent if there were not mentioned? The government of God differ from ours okay as for there is a rules and regulations in heaven those that were offenders will be cast out that was the case of the fallen angels. See let me explain to you the government of God: angels - arch angels - principality - virtues - powers - dominions - thrones(24 elders falls to this category)-cherubums - seraphims -God himself. The arch angels are the seven spirit of God that always stand before God according to match luke 1vs19. In ephesian 6 vs 12 talk about principality and powers these are part of heavenly's own before they failed. Bible was written in a mighty forms if you don't ask spirit of understanding to on you ,you won't understand it.know in that rev.4vs6-9 you will see that they were with crown. These are the people they call thrones in heavens they have their own branches or kingdom as well but been ruled by one I mean one king this is part of reason they call God king of kings.pray for God to reveal it to you.basic.
It seems you're more concerned with winning an argument than learning.

To disappoint you, angels were mentioned at the at the beginning. They were there but did not come to play, not until Gen 3:24. Lucifer was an angel before his fall, how come he was able to come into the garden? Please go back to your Bible to keep yourself informed. Angels manifested from Gen 3:24 to Revelations. And to think you wrongly applied Ps 104:4 earlier by saying the Elders are flaming fire is a bit shameful for a believer to say. Please go and study harder.

Surprisingly, most of what you wrote were not demanded, hence the need to respond to them is irrelevant. And since you are very much vast in knowledge about the government of God, I'd like your next response to explain in details the roles and function of each arm, particularly their position when God make decisions. Again, let's not digress from the main subject matter. Please pray for understanding better. You honestly need it. This is about learning, not winning any argument because there's none in the first placesmiley
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by fxjohn2: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2015
Hahaha! I cant just help but laugh at some of the coments made above. The 24 elders are archangels. Do not perish for lack of knowledge, because in that same book of revelation the 24 angelic elders and all host of heaven cast down their crowns at the feet of the LAMB OF GOD and they worshiped and said "TO HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE AND UNTO THE LAMB BE ALL GLORY, HONOUR AND POWER" rev. 4:10-11, rev. 5:8-10 rev. 5:13-14
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by jcross19: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2015
Sanchez01:

It seems you're more concerned with winning an argument than learning.

To disappoint you, angels were mentioned at the at the beginning. They were there but did not come to play, not until Gen 3:24. Lucifer was an angel before his fall, how come he was able to come into the garden? Please go back to your Bible to keep yourself informed. Angels manifested from Gen 3:24 to Revelations. And to think you wrongly applied Ps 104:4 earlier by saying the Elders are flaming fire is a bit shameful for a believer to say. Please go and study harder.

Surprisingly, most of what you wrote were not demanded, hence the need to respond to them is irrelevant. And since you are very much vast in knowledge about the government of God, I'd like your next response to explain in details the roles and function of each arm, particularly their position when God make decisions. Again, let's not digress from the main subject matter. Please pray for understanding better. You honestly need it. This is about learning, not winning any argument because there's none in the first placesmiley
Am getting closer to what I need.if angels were in the beginning right and I told you that when God said let's make man in our own image HE was talking to the host of heavens,okay in job chaper 1 vs 6 - 8 you will see how God interact with his creation even with devil himself. God is not dictator He has those that rule with Him . There is no where in revelation that says 24 elders are the elders of the church then what about that four beast beside them? If you separate beasts from those elders and two of them were mentioned in these verse and same chapter. You need a simple knowledge.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by simplex2: 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
I love it when christians argue; each one providing valid bible quotations to back-up his point. All shows the contradictory nature of the religion itself.
If the bible is actually the word of a supreme god, it wouldn't have so much contradictions: it wouldn't even need you to pray very welll before reading like some christians will say.

Anyway, I'm one of the 24 elders. Theres no internet in heaven so I came down to browse the net.
Will be returning when I'm done...
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by johnw74: 3:47am On Apr 18, 2015
simplex2:
I love it when christians argue;...

Not for simplex 2 but for those who believe.

Not all who say they are Christians are Christians.
For instance Jehovah's Witnesses say they are Christians, but:

jw say Jesus Christ is an angel.

Heb_1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

jw say Jesus Christ was not bodily resurrected.

Mat 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Mat 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
Mat 28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
Mat 28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
Mat 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
Mat 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Mat 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Incidentally, the Angel of the Lord who is Michael I believe, said of Jesus, "he is risen",
and Mary seen Jesus and talked with Him soon after that.

jw say we are saved by works.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Once saved we do good works, more exactly, Christ works in us.
But we are saved by God through our faith, not by our works,
the very next verse says it.

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Jehovah's Witnesses fail the test.
Re: Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? by Onyedikachichar: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
The twenty elders are the 12 apostles and 12 tribes of Israel,revelation 21 made it clear..there are 12 foundations in that city of Jerusalem and upon every each foundation are 12 gates on it;now catch this.The 12 foundations are the Apostle of Christ while the 12 gates are the 12 tribe of Israel.Daniel saw this revelation but no one upon the 24 seats but at the time time John saw it he saw the redeemed ones on the seat(24 elders) Christ which is GOD was showing Daniel things that are to come,which John saw.Oh my God!!! No wonder peter was asking Christ what will be our reward as we are following you,we left our home,wife,children etc Christ answered your reward will be you all will sit on that seats juding the 12 tribes,.Three 4 is 12 same thing Moses saw..Praise be the lord.The 24 elders are the 12 apostles and 12 tribes.Angels are not associated to seats,it has to be human,Angels are not redeemed it has to be human

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Christianity And Islam, Which One Preaches Peace? / What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.