Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (36864 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by blustone(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
They can't do jack grin

Well, we are going to be contacting people, we would be careful and whoever wants to try anything funny can bring it along - I will be waiting. wink

You will have your delete button nah wink
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
Ok, then that would be tomorrow.

You can't reach me on phone till twelve noon tomorrow.

I will contact you.

OK...
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Strongfaze(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

in this game there is only one grand master... know ur boundary bro...
. For where? When you are ready, we shall play LS Chess.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Truckpusher(m): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
blustone:

You will have your delete button nah wink
First step is to take email addresses,screen them, contact them to create mini units in different cities for a start ,then we can start scheduling meetings in different cities to stabilize and know our membership strength and individual follower-ship and after we can schedule for our first general meeting.

This might take up to 6 months to 8 months .

No agenda would be discussed online but we will encourage members to have an online interaction forum (we will also create interaction groups in the social media) where people can discuss ideas and admittance into such forums would be strictly controlled to an extent.

These things won't happen overnight without efforts and different forms of sacrifices.

But we must start from somewhere and we need to start it NOW.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Truckpusher(m): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

OK...
Sure bro.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by SOUNDKING: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
my brothers are still my brothers. Nothing is like belongingness. Unity is good.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by emmatok(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

emmatok get away ,

you brought the unity
smiley
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
musing2:

please what is this about?
What kind of clarification do yu need bro?

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by blustone(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
First step is to take email addresses,screen them, contact them to create mini units in different cities for a start ,then we can start scheduling meetings in different cities to stabilize and know our membership strength and individual follower-ship and after we can schedule for our first general meeting.

No agenda would be discussed online but we will encourage members to have an online interaction forum (we will also create interaction groups in the social media) where people can discuss ideas and admittance into such forums would be strictly controlled to an extent.

These things won't happen overnight without efforts and different forms of sacrifices.

The JOURNEY of a thousand miles start with just ONE STEP....!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 17, 2015
Walks into thread
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 17, 2015
The immediate goal for the Eastern region could be to agitate for the repeal of the 1969 petroleum Act, which vests control of all mineral resources in the federal government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by proudlyhandsome: 1:43am On Apr 17, 2015
kestolove95:
Remove south south from South East we don't have any bizness with you people just like we don't have bizness with d north and west...d igbos think we fools stop bringing the south south into ur biafra..

Pls tell them.

The fools thought they have found a friend in their hatred towards other Nigerians but unknown to them that Ijaws are on their own. Ijaws only used them to play politics knowing how vulnerable they are when tribalisn card us played.

In all their event now, the Igbos will say SE/SS; Is it by force?

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by proudlyhandsome: 1:53am On Apr 17, 2015
atlwireles:
The election of 2015 changed Nigeria fundamentally. Goodluck losing was not good, but the voting pattern in my opinion has done the SS/SE lots of good. Many people mainly from the SS understand Nigeria better than ever before. I see a bright future for both regions.

You are not smart at all. The SS people are not part of any arrangements with SE period.

Jonathan is from SS and having lost election to the Northerners in collaboration Western region, it is natural for the bigots among them to feel offended.

Igbos voted for Jonathan out of self hatred and bigotry.

SS voted for PDP out of massive rigging and not cos they love Igbos but cos they want to make a statement

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by realjoker(m): 2:45am On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista:
don't mind them. They were shivering when Ijaw Youth Council apologised to the Igbos few months ago dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/ijaw-youth-beg-ndigbo-forgiveness-role-civil-war/
and whole country as beg them many years back, why do they refused to forgive and forget?

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:45am On Apr 17, 2015
fineguy11:
dont give yourselve high hopes..im frm akwa ibom and the alliance wont work..u're just bittered abt ur fellow ijaw man loosing the presidential eletions, no more no less....why didnt u created this thread in 2011 when GEJ won the election?its obvious u're still grieving abt the loss of GEJ,,,..u created this thread to sooth yourself...majority of the folks here dat agrees with u are the igbos..and their kind of divisive politics is the reason why we ibibios will never go into any form of alliance with the igbos...1967 is still fresh...our grand parents didnt go into alliance with the igbos because dey knew dem better dan we do..

I put it to you, You are not full blood Ibibio

Read what Gov. Akpabio got to say

[b]What I'm saying is that everybody has chosen to believe the narrative that favours his/her agenda but unfortunately the aftermath of the war is still glaring and the wounds not healed.

As Godswill Akpabio will like to put it, if the war has actually ended, why is there no plan to implement the Rehabilitation and Reconstruction in the region where the war was actually fought and facilities / infrastructures bombed to stone age. On a second look, the reconstruction and rehabilitation started and were focused in the North and Western Regions of Nigeria.

There was a grand plan to suffocate the people of Eastern Nigeria and continue the devastation through skewed policy implementations by falsifying Census figures to favour the victors of the civil war, negligence to providing minimal life sustaining infrastructures that will spur growth and development that would help to stop these uncontrollable mass movement of the Eastern Nigerian youths to other regions where these amenities are readily available.

[/b]

5 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by realjoker(m): 4:23am On Apr 17, 2015
cant believe that i read this thread from page 1-18.
and its glaring no meaningful suggestion has been made so far.
i see nothing wrong if the aforementioned choose to merge but only with the aim of developing there respective region SS and SE with anything rather than this i kick against it, but the SE should stop seeing other regions as enemy, its good to be an opposition but its not easy and not advisable to be opposing a better team than yours.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 17, 2015
@ barcanista so far I don't see anything wrong I the decisions and journey you guys are about to embark on....

But one thing I will like to point out is that...the fact that EDO STATE is grouped among the SOUTH SOUTH states does not mean they will support this your course....

Am from DELTA, itshekiri to be precise I don't know anything about DELTA on this matter..

But one thing am sure of is that of EDO STATE

My mum is from edo state.....

The yoruba's are the BINIS greatest,loyal and most trusted allies...and they will support any motion or decisions the yoruba's make....

If this should be put to a vote in which only the original people of EDO STATE can only participate in....majority or if not all will vote against your motive

Gracias
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OneNaira6: 4:52am On Apr 17, 2015
fineguy11:
i cant comment abt my state because i dont reside there,,,but i knw its one of the most developed state in nigeria...for u to abuse the people of edo just because dey voted for GMB proves u're still walloing in misery,,because GEJ lost.....

I don't live in Nigeria nor do I live in delta yet I'm on NL learning about the development of my state and my tribe participating in discussion about it's politics. Likewise, my closest friend is ibibio and though he has not been to Akwa Ibom for over 8 years, he participate in every discussion there is about that state. Likewise, every freaking person I've met living outside their hometown. That's the natural human being behavior.
Therefore, dude just come off of it and be proud of who the heck you are. Like I said earlier, it's extremely pathetic!!

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OneNaira6: 4:54am On Apr 17, 2015
kevinberry:
@ barcanista so far I don't see anything wrong I the decisions and journey you guys are about to embark on....

But one thing I will like to point out is that...the fact that EDO STATE is grouped among the SOUTH SOUTH states does not mean they will support this your course....

Am from DELTA, itshekiri to be precise I don't know anything about DELTA on this matter..

The yoruba's are the BINIS greatest,loyal and most trusted allies...and they will support any motion or decisions the yoruba's make....

If this should be put to a vote in which only the original people of EDO STATE can only participate in....majority or if not all will vote against your motive

Gracias

Exactly what I told them. If they are truly serious about this then they have to exclude Edo State from it. The Edo people will do anything to sabotage it as long as Yoruba wish for it.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 17, 2015
OneNaira6:

Exactly what I told them. If they are truly serious about this then they have to exclude Edo State from it. The Edo people will do anything to sabotage it as long as Yoruba wish for it.

Well I wouldn't say it because of the yoruba wish for them....

The BINI kingdom as a whole is more powerful and has history have it has rule yoruba before....

I think we would rather remain neutral...in other for nigerians not to see us as biased....

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by omonnakoda: 5:38am On Apr 17, 2015
BIAFRA PROJECT : SECOND ATTEMPT: Incompetent politicians,naive strategists
When did Edo and Delta become easterners as some clowns are now trumpeting

This thread will be here maybe,in 100 years as a matter of historical record.It is important that those coming after realize what the truth is and that LIES were never allowed to stand unchallenged . That the lies wee challenged immediately and aborted like a bastard child. So it does not get the opportunity to grow into the oft repeated lie that becomes a truth
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Scholes007(m): 5:59am On Apr 17, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

You are not smart at all. The SS people are not part of any arrangements with SE period.

Jonathan is from SS and having lost election to the Northerners in collaboration Western region, it is natural for the bigots among them to feel offended.

SS voted for PDP out of massive rigging and not cos they love Igbos but cos they want to make a statement
I doubt if you are SS ...

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by PapaUwa: 6:02am On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista:
.......Though the Niger Deltans was part of the republic as declared, people from the region were divided in loyalty with majority aligning to remain in Nigeria rather than Biafra. In fact, Boro was recruited to fight against the Biafra republic.....

here u've again come with ur baseless assertions. Biafra enjoyed MAJORITY support from every group included in the republic. What drove dem to turn their backs later was hunger, deprivation, despair and fear of Igbo dominance, all which are understandable. The I966 progrom affected every group and was a unifying factor in Biafra.

Was Adaka able to raise the number of Ijawmen who fought in d Biafran army during his own 12-days rebellion.

Biafra only faced resistance from tribes in the mid-western region who were never in eastern region to begin with.

Were ur Ijaw the only group in d Niger Delta dat even made u say 'majority'. What of the Ibibio-efik, ogojas, ika who were prominent in the Biafran army.

Enough of this revisionism pls.

@Topic, how convenient is it for you to call a unity of Eastern region NOW. I remember you spitting on the memory of Dim Ojukwu (during ur APC days) to endear yourself to yorubas and other igbo-haters. U want us to believe u've turned a new leaf.

Keep up with ur charade just be aware nt everyone is as gullible as you think.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by internetpirate: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2015
I'm interested in this move Truckpusher and Barcanista! Count me in!!

Truckpusher:

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by blustone(m): 7:57am On Apr 17, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

I wonder when that day will come that Nigerians will not be about BIGOTRY of any type!!
Check out SouthAfrica Xenophonia.....

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by blustone(m): 8:20am On Apr 17, 2015
realjoker:

...i see nothing wrong if the aforementioned choose to merge but only with the aim of developing their respective region SS and SE...

This is the part of your comment that appeals to me, which I believe is the core reason for this thread, not what every other dissenting voice has mentioned.

I refuse to see this thread as an aftermath of the outcome of the elections.

Some of us responding on this thread have not grasped the full understanding behind this thread...

This is about coming together to DEVELOP not to become an opposition!!! [A house (or country) divided against itself will perish].

To demand accountability from the in-coming elected representatives of the respective States in this Eastern bloc.
Do we allow them to continue with their chop-and-go as usual?
Nigerians are WISER now! (Aren't we...?)
We have to start the "fight" internally by demanding the best from the government in this bloc.
Some out-going state guvnors wasted 8 years of our development by their greed, funds washing down into their pockets and accounts; nothing to show to our children tomorrow.
Zero - poor infrastructure;
Zero - poor education;
Zero - poor Healthcare;
Name it...!

Now a question to everyone that has posted a comment on this thread either in favour or against:

So what will you and I do about it?
What will we do about our respective zones?
We go siddon look...?

This is our WATCH!

Guy, Girl; Lad, Lady; Man, Woman; Boy, Girl; WHAT is your own role in making this Eastern bloc better?

Instead of throwing up yabbis or unfounded insinuations and conspiracy theories, why not pick one area you contribute in, bring in your suggestions to make the Eastern bloc a GREAT PLACE to be!

Perhaps, the older generation have failed us, perhaps we can still salvage things...!

I see a time in the near future when I will be proud returning home to the Eastern bloc, with everything working well, because we all made efforts to make sure our govt are held accountable and that they utilize the funds to create a developed Eastern bloc for me and my great great grand children.

For me, I am still ready to join in...
WHAT ABOUT YOU...

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by blustone(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2015
kevinberry:

Gracias

Kevin, it doesn't really matter at this stage who is part of the Bloc. In my opinion, let's start with where we are, who we are and what we can contribute; others will surely want to identify with your cause when they see you become successful.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2015
All diz PDP opposition ppl still dey exist?

Na wa oo!

Such iz life sha! grin
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2015
blustone:

Kevin, it doesn't really matter at this stage who is part of the Bloc. In my opinion, let's start with where we are, who we are and what we can contribute; others will surely want to identify with your cause when they see you become successful.
That's my opinion too.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Truckpusher(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2015
CFCfan:
The immediate goal for the Eastern region could be to agitate for the repeal of the 1969 petroleum Act, which vests control of all mineral resources in the federal government.
Starting on that note would only strengthen the resolve of these oil leeches to make more policies that won't let such agitation see the light of the day.

Remember that the old guard is now maning the gates. grin

You consolidate by building trust within the old Eastern region and a socio economic platform as well as create a political awareness ,then you can creep in with the rest.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2015
blustone:

This is the part of your comment that appeals to me, which I believe is the core reason for this thread, not what every other dissenting voice has mentioned.

I refuse to see this thread as an aftermath of the outcome of the elections.

Some of us responding on this thread have not grasped the full understanding behind this thread...

This is about coming together to DEVELOP not to become an opposition!!! [A house (or country) divided against itself will perish].

To demand accountability from the in-coming elected representatives of the respective States in this Eastern bloc.
Do we allow them to continue with their chop-and-go as usual?
Nigerians are WISER now! (Aren't we...?)
We have to start the "fight" internally by demanding the best from the government in this bloc.
Some out-going state guvnors wasted 8 years of our development by their greed, funds washing down into their pockets and accounts; nothing to show to our children tomorrow.
Zero - poor infrastructure;
Zero - poor education;
Zero - poor Healthcare;
Name it...!

Now a question to everyone that has posted a comment on this thread either in favour or against:

So what will you and I do about it?
What will we do about our respective zones?
We go siddon look...?

This is our WATCH!

Guy, Girl; Lad, Lady; Man, Woman; Boy, Girl; WHAT is your own role in making this Eastern bloc better?

Instead of throwing up yabbis or unfounded insinuations and conspiracy theories, why not pick one area you contribute in, bring in your suggestions to make the Eastern bloc a GREAT PLACE to be!

Perhaps, the older generation have failed us, perhaps we can still salvage things...!

I see a time in the near future when I will be proud returning home to the Eastern bloc, with everything working well, because we all made efforts to make sure our govt are held accountable and that they utilize the funds to create a developed Eastern bloc for me and my great great grand children.

For me, I am still ready to join in...
WHAT ABOUT YOU...
Nice input Sir! Our strategies and tactics will be discussed off NL. Truckpusher and some others are taking note of some monikers, PM will be sent by him to these monikers then we start real business. It's a collective thing that will involve all of us at every stage. We hope to have more serious people to sign up with us as time progresses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

US Unhappy Over Jailing Of Nigerians For Blasphemy / Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times / Photos Vp's Daughter, Kiki Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.