Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). (2809 Views)

How Atheism is destroyed by just three features possessed by man / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Era? Empire? You lost me. My point is christianity preaches morals. Because some christians are sinful, does that make christianity immoral?!!! You SHUT UP.

Christianity preaches morals?
What morals, for example ?

And I asked you to show me an example of Christianity's shining morals.
"Slaves should obey their masters" is shining example of Christianity preaching morals. Right?

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by frank317: 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

We are awesome , this can be seen clearly in
1Peter 2 :9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Ok, good for you, but stop making awesomeness sound like u are delusional.

Off topic but this can be dealt with

1.Still doesn't change the fact that he is God . Even earthly mothers do wicked things do their kids --throwing an unwanted baby away and even killing their newborns for diabolical purposes but that doesn't change the fact that they're mothers.

That doesn't make them moral too. How could this be moral to u?

2. 2 Peter 2:5 : If he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

God loved the people in the days of Noah even though their wickedness were unbearable for him . Noah preached unto them but they rejected his message . So they had to face the consequence.
Of course he loved them that's why he drowned them. You can use the example of a psycho drown thirsty mother to compare to ur God too. Seriously is this what u call moral?

They were not married , Mary was betrothed ( in modern-day terms engaged ) to Joseph
Matthew 1: 18 :After his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they were united in marriage, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was like this; for after his mother, Mary, was engaged to Joseph, before they came together, she was found pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

The lesson in the above is that it is moral to get an engaged woman pregnant.

Epic fail : Mary accepted the new development with joy as seen in

Luke 1:38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Mary sang the song of joy and happiness, giving glory to God . Mary's Song of Praise is called The Magnificat . If that is trauma to you ,
oh well ...
This can be seen in
Luke 1: 46 -55:

You are indirectly saying that Mary was mentally disturbed.... I mean if she was happy that she was pregnant without intercouse

Morality is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good or right and those that are bad or wrong. When you do bad in life , you go to hell , you do good coupled with accepting Christ as your saviour you go to heaven. Simple understanding

Hell is not everlasting but being with God is .

Yet u think morality is when a mother downs her kids. See who s preaching.

Revelation 21:8: But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Keep telling urself nonsense

There is no strong correlation with this statement and what the op had to say

Seriously, I thought he had something meaningful to say.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no connection between christianity and islam

Ebuka, read and learn.....

* constantine christianised europe with the sword, so did mohamed islamised arabia with the sword
* they both believe in the one-god concept, even when ancient factual/historical evidences point to polytheism
* they both crave world domination,
* they’re both ruled by patriarchal misogynists, (if u don't know what that mean, go back to school)
* they both believe in end-times;
* they both believe in the death penalty;
* they both believe that homosexuality is an abomination,
* they both believe abortion to be a sin,
* they both believe in an everlasting paradise and everlasting hell, after death
* JC & Mo believe they are the only moral beings on the planet, therefore their followers must emulate them
* they are both nothing more than middle eastern weapons of mass distraction.

bring it on dude, i was more a christian yrs ago than you re today. .....bring ur debate on........

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

"Slaves should obey their masters" is shining example of Christianity preaching morals. Right?

Okay goodbye. Because if you don't know christianity preaches moral then you aint worth my time at all. Ha ha people and un-intelligent questions!
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

give up dude, ur brainwashed skull is exhausted, hence the memes.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

Slaves should obey their masters is not good advice right? Okay slaves should disobey their masters then and thank you for what ever befalls them mtccheeww. Lmfao!!! These people ehn!!!! Mtchew
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Okay goodbye. Because if you don't know christianity preaches moral then you aint worth my time at all. Ha ha people and un-intelligent questions!
Ha ha ha.
Christianity preaches moral, but you can't give one shining example of those morals, nor can you point out any one society that was built upon and radiated Christianity's lofty morals over the last 2000 years.
Lol.
The laugh is on you, buddy.
undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Slaves should obey their masters is not good advice right? Okay slaves should disobey their masters then and thank you for what ever befalls them mtccheeww. Lmfao!!! These people ehn!!!! Mtchew
You silly mo.ron.
A person of lofty morality shouldn't ever enslave another human being.

Look who is talking about morals.
You don't even know what it is,let alone have one.
Walking zombie.

4 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
Christianity preaches moral, but you can't give one shining example of those morals, nor can you point out any one society that was built upon and radiated Christianity's lofty morals over the last 2000 years.
Lol.
The laugh is on you, buddy.
undecided

Eh! Am dumbfounded by the point that doesn't make sense that you are trying to make.

Christianity says to turn the other cheek when you are slapped.

Christianity says to not revenge.

Christianity says to not kill.

Christianity says to give the goverment what is its.

Christianity says to not think of a woman shrewdly cause it is equivalent to commiting adultery.

It says to not covet your neighbours property.

It says to not let the sun set on your anger.

And more... You happy?!!!! So you don't know this and you are branding yourself and atheist?? Men!!!!!!!!! Wth!!!!!!
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Eh! Am dumbfounded by the point that doesn't make sense that you are trying to make.

Christianity says to turn the other cheek when you are slapped.

Christianity says to not revenge.

Christianity says to not kill.

Christianity says to give the goverment what is its.

Christianity says to not think of a woman shrewdly cause it is equivalent to commiting adultery.

It says to not covet your neighbours property.

It says to not let the sun set on your anger.

And more... You happy?!!!! So you don't know this and you are branding yourself and atheist?? Men!!!!!!!!! Wth!!!!!!
So these are the morals that Christianity gave the world? Is this your position sir!
And BTW, which Christian gave these moral codes ?
Pls answer.

3 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=MrPresident post=32766955]

Ebuka, read and learn.....

Christian with his bible , Muslim with his koran

constantine christianised europe with the sword, so did mohamed islamised arabia with the sword
Wrong way to preach the gospel you mean

Mark 16 :15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

* they both believe in the one-god concept, even when ancient factual/historical evidences point to polytheism

Certainly not my God
John 14 : 16 Jesus answered, “ I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

* they both crave world domination,

Their ambition is clearly not of God's . Christ died for our sins , when He was on earth He sought not world domination even unto death
Luke 23 : 35-37 .

35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

* they’re both ruled by patriarchal misogynists, (if u don't know what that mean, go back to school)

Children- male and female

Luke 18:16: But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

* they both believe in end-times;
Endtime without Jesus ?

* they both believe in the death penalty;

they both believe that homosexuality is an abomination,

Lev 18 : 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

* they both believe abortion to be a sin,

Exodus 20 : 13 “You shall not murder.

* they both believe in an everlasting paradise and everlasting hell, after death

Rev 21 :8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

*JC & Mo believe they are the only moral beings on the planet, therefore their followers must emulate them

Matthew 5:48 - Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

* they are both nothing more than middle eastern weapons of mass distraction

Philippians 4:7= And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

bring it on dude, i was more a christian yrs ago than you re today. .....bring ur debate on........

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
frank317:

Ok, good for you, but stop making awesomeness sound like u are delusional.

That doesn't make them moral too. How could this be moral to u?

Of course he loved them that's why he drowned them. You can use the example of a psycho drown thirsty mother to compare to ur God too. Seriously is this what u call moral?

The lesson in the above is that it is moral to get an engaged woman pregnant.

You are indirectly saying that Mary was mentally disturbed.... I mean if she was happy that she was pregnant without intercouse

Yet u think morality is when a mother downs her kids. See who s preaching.

Keep telling urself nonsense

Seriously, I thought he had something meaningful to say.

very weak reply , am not surprised

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
plaetton:

So these are the morals that Christianity gave the world? Is this your position sir!
And BTW, which Christian gave these moral codes ?
Pls answer.

Why am I even discussing with you self. Have you read the bible? Pls educate yourself on things before spilling jibber-jabber about things you don't know jack about..... The bible, Jesus gave these moral codes, God gave these moral codes.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

dude, u ve gat nothing in ur brain, just quoting some silly chapters & verses of a book.
find ur mate bro.

cheers!!

3 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Esdb3:

Why not play on the safe side. In your mind I know there is still a 10 percent doubt that your ideology is right. If you follow christianity and it ends up being a charade, you have nothing to lose, but if you are wrong and you die an atheist,Ooohh lala we all know where it ends.

You are confusing things here ... am not an atheist ... are you?
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
MrPresident:

dude, u ve gat nothing in ur brain, just quoting some silly chapters & verses of a book.
find ur mate bro.

cheers!!

Quote me when you are ready to beat me at "home" , thanks(am very serious , mind you ) ... *unfollows thread*
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:

Why am I even discussing with you self. Have you read the bible? Pls educate yourself on things before spilling jibber-jabber about things you don't know jack about..... The bible, Jesus gave these moral codes, God gave these moral codes.
Sunny boy.
I have read every book in the Bible.
I am pretty sure you haven't read even one from beginning to end.

6 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 12:09am On Apr 16, 2015
plaetton:

You silly mo.ron.
A person of lofty morality shouldn't ever enslave another human being.

Look who is talking about morals.
You don't even know what it is,let alone have one.
Walking zombie.

OMG! You are so unrealistic and unreasonable.

Seems like you need everything explained. I'll waste time and explain to you.

when it is said that a slave should obey his master(though I haven't even come across this shii), it simply means that a slave or anybody working under anybody should obey his master or anyone he is working for.

Nobody enslaves anybody. It is where life puts us. Everybody in the world is not a christian so that advice is just asking the christian slave to obey his master. Do you want it to ask the slave to rebel. I know if it did you will be the one criticising it.

There are places where it asked the christian master to be kind to his slave. Because the truth of the matter is that everybody can't be a MASTER if you weren't dumb you'll know this. Since God in His wisdom is billions of light years ahead of you, he thought it out that everybody can't be rich, and slaves will always be there.

Lastly no TRUE CHRISTIAN will enslave anybody because the bible didn't encourage it except for the war times in the. Old testament. Men you need to be examined. You are so dull I wish you could see it but you can't and its sad.

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 12:16am On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:

OMG! You are so unrealistic and unreasonable.

Seems like you need everything explained. I'll waste time and explain to you.

when it is said that a slave should obey his master(though I haven't even come across this shii), it simply means that a slave or anybody working under anybody should obey his master or anyone he is working for.

Nobody enslaves anybody. It is where life puts us. Everybody in the world is not a christian so that advice is just asking the christian slave to obey his master. Do you want it to ask the slave to rebel. I know if it did you will be the one criticising it.

There are places where it asked the christian master to be kind to his slave. Because the truth of the matter is that everybody can't be a MASTER if you weren't dumb you'll know this. Since God in His wisdom is billions of light years ahead of you, he thought it out that everybody can't be rich, and slaves will always be there.

Lastly no TRUE CHRISTIAN will enslave anybody because the bible didn't encourage it except for the war times in the. Old testament. Men you need to be examined. You are so dull I wish you could see it but you can't and its sad.
So,in your demented and moral Christian world, one is either a master or a slave, right ?

I don't envy you, slave.

5 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 12:17am On Apr 16, 2015
plaetton:

Sunny boy.
I have read every book in the Bible.
I am pretty sure you haven't read even one from beginning to end.

Mtcheww because you've read every book, you are now the walking boy uh? Mtcheww I've seen people who have read the bible over almost 30 times yet they say they keep meeting new things in it everytime they do mtch. You are so ignorant so so. You read it like a piece of literature.

You who are so logical I can't even dare to tell you, reading the bible is more than just READING. I'll dare anyway to tell you sometimes meditation helps you understand. Now blast me on that again.

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by plaetton: 12:18am On Apr 16, 2015
@esdb3

You need an education, sunny.
You are just too dumb, just like the rest.

4 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 12:25am On Apr 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are confusing things here ... am not an atheist ... are you?

Sorry jare.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 12:34am On Apr 16, 2015
plaetton:
@esdb3

You need an education, sunny.
You are just too dumb, just like the rest.

I need 'an' education lmfao did you just try to quantify 'education' rotfl!!!!! And it's **sonny** now who needs to be educated. You are somn else lol!!
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2015
plaetton:

So,in your demented and moral Christian world, one is either a master or a slave, right ?

I don't envy you, slave.

Ha ha oga! Is everybody equally wealthy? Is everybody a boss at companies, can everybody be? Stop making a fool out of yourself.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by wiegraf: 3:55am On Apr 16, 2015
Xtianity, making 'moral' people justify slavery for over 2000 years and counting.

It's impressively effective

3 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by frank317: 4:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:

Ha ha oga! Is everybody equally wealthy? Is everybody a boss at companies, can everybody be? Stop making a fool out of yourself.

I want to ask u... Is father and son relationship likened to slave and master relationship?

His point is... There were slaves in the bible times, yet ur Jesus failed to condenm it instead he used it in his examples.

Even relationship between the rich and the poor shouldn't be likened to slave and master shiiit. The word is plain wrong no matter how u try to justify it

3 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by McSterling(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:

I should read a theory formulated bÝ bias atheists. No thanks.
Since when did history become a theory?

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Kay17: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:
Call this killing two birds with one stone because I'm trying to rely someone and enlighten at the same time. He believes and other atheists also that Christianity constraints one. Read on.....

What Constraint? What does religion hold you from. I think atheists are selfish people. And I'll be creating a topic on this soon.

Selfish yes and I'll explain. Am a christian because the bible preaches peace, it is against everything evil. I have discovered if followed well, will create a world of loving and caring people. Now what is the CONSTRAINT in trying to make the world better?

I believe,Atheism originated from people who wanted to engage in immorality, they wanted to drink, smoke weed, commit crimes but they couldn't because christianity wouldn't let them to so they started questioning its existence and formed another religion(if you don't know atheism is a religion, so it's just as if you are leaving a religion for another) that doesn't question their actions.

I don't think one needs a religion to be morally constrained, the fear of one's neighbour is enough constraint. Humans are generally selfish, it's our nature, it forms part of our instincts and can be useful. You and your Christian brothers on the other hand, are human haters.

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kay17:

I don't think one needs a religion to be morally constrained, the fear of one's neighbour is enough constraint. Humans are generally selfish, it's our nature, it forms part of our instincts and can be useful. You and your Christian brothers on the other hand, are human haters.

See how you killed yourself in your own words. Lemme quote you "Humans are generally selfish, it's our nature" now, christianity preaches morality.

Before I blast you, can you explain how christians are human haters.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
McSterling:
Since when did history become a theory?

I couldn't even find anything meaningful. All I saw was books on the topic on amazon.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Esdb3: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
frank317:

I want to ask u... Is father and son relationship likened to slave and master relationship?

His point is... There were slaves in the bible times, yet ur Jesus failed to condenm it instead he used it in his examples.

Even relationship between the rich and the poor shouldn't be likened to slave and master shiiit. The word is plain wrong no matter how u try to justify it

What are you saying. Is that not why Jesus described us as sons of God not slaves as the muslims attribute themselves to be.

you guys are just trying to make meaning outta utter trash. He met slaves and Masters. It will always be like that. Fingers are not equal. It is not like the masters went to take the kids when they were born and labelled them slaves.

Ok let's be practical.....

If He condemned masters and told them not to have slaves. What would have happened. Send the slaves away and let them die of hunger? Your arguement basically is pointless it has no meaning.

Well Mr moralistic when you become employed if you aren't, don't run errands for your boss, and if you are a boss, pls run all errands yourself and see how successful you'll be. Or if you employ an house-help, eat in the same plate with her or him, let her or him sleep on the same bed with you and your wife. Like your kids would.

Mtcheww aimless fellows.
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by dalaman: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
plaetton:

This is Bullshyte, friend,.. And its either you are being economical with truth, or that you speaking from stark ignorance.

First, Christianity is a religion. By trying to distance Christianity away from religion, you are acknowledging the sillines of religion.

Secondly, in the 2000yrs of christianity, kindly tell us which and any era where christianity radiated the highest forms of morality.
Pls name any era, any nation where christian morality has been examplary.

He can't.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Christianity Have Anything To Do With The Old Testament? / Birds Following Me, I Need Some Explanations / Shocking!!! ISIS Execute 21 Egyptians For Being Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.