Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). (2820 Views)

How Atheism is destroyed by just three features possessed by man / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by Kay17: 2:44am On Apr 17, 2015
Esdb3:

See how you killed yourself in your own words. Lemme quote you "Humans are generally selfish, it's our nature" now, christianity preaches morality.

Before I blast you, can you explain how christians are human haters.

Yes we are selfish! One requires selfishness survive.

Christianity bathes on the sermons of sin and the ugliness of man. Sin is firstly an invention, it exists as guilt and is as disturbing as any psychological illness in man's mind. It slowly eats it up. Finally it kills off the innate will for self determination
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by wiegraf: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2015
double post
Re: How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic). by wiegraf: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
Op, perhaps your god has never heard of passive resistance?

Gandhi and Mandela could use it to great effect yet this option, civil and a whole lot more effective than 'be good to your masters', never occurred to yahweh?

Curious.

Heck, let me throw you another option. You speak of 'practical'? Why didn't god borrow and modify the tactics of his alter ego Allah?

The particularly cancerous and hypocritical muslims are permitted to lie for 'practical' reasons; provided they deem it could help their cause. However, once they come into enough power, they can then discard of their veneer of 'peace' and become the barbarians they're mandated to be.

God did not have to copy this sham altogether. He could have simply stated that slaves hang on and endure, peacefully, but condemn slavery so strongly and unambiguously that once xtianity gained critical mass, thereby acquiring sufficient power to influence society, it immediately goes about eliminating any institutions that resemble slavery.

This does not require deceit like the muslim's taqiyya. In fact, all manner of religious, philosophical and what not schools employ similar tactics all the time. Actually, even yaweh does so repeatedly. Don't forcibly shove your morals down others' throats but do not support their behavior any manner at all. Again, this is done all the time.

However, instead of condemning slavery in no uncertain terms, he condemns homosexuals and people that eat shell fish??

Curious.

A mere mortal like me can think these up, your god on the other hand gives Israelites direct instructions to go and enslave neighbors and later drop the meek 'be good to your masters' lines?

Actually, I thought he was omnixx.xx sef and could do and undo and all that blah. So, what is he waiting for? Is he watching with popcorn or something?

Don't use the freewill line. If I had given birth to children who I knew were going to become slaves and, even more importantly, it was completely within my power to prevent it, you'd be calling for my head

God does this yet you proclaim it to be good. You're here defending his nonsense.

Randomly; I hope that explains how you religionists (especially judeo-xtians) are most definitely NOT pro-humanity, you're pro-god. God orders you to slave and commit genocide and it's fine. Again, that's most definitely not being on the side of humanity; it's being on the side of a selfish, capricious, cruel god. And being on his side for your own selfish reasons (most likely a mansion in space after you die. How you believe such arrant nonsense boggles the mind)

These your threads are jokes, oh moral supporter of a psychotic mass murderer. If you are going to engage atheists, bring something better please....

And in before 'you speak as if you believe in god'. Such stoopidity does not warrant a response, please don't use it if you're going to respond.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly / Are we Better-off With Faith to Evidence for Believing That A God Exists / Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.