Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? (10308 Views)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / Where Was Jesus Between 12-30 Years Of Age. / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Allah said Jesus didn't die and Muhammad claimed he (Jesus) will come back again. This is inconsistent with the statement allah himself credited to Jesus.

"And peace on me the day I was born, and the day I
die, and the day I am
raised to life." (Qura 19:33).

The very same phrase is used of John the Baptist (Yahya) just a
few verses earlier:

"So Peace is on him The
day he was born, The day
that he dies, And that day
he Will be raised To life" (Quran 19:15)

According to allah, John said he would die and he did actually die. But for Jesus to whom he said would die as he said to John, he later claim he didn't die as earlier said.

Didn't he know that something would happen to Jesus that would necessite taking him away alive?

Nobody could shift the death of John to the future, why shift that of Jesus for whom the same statement was made?

Even more troubling is this
passage taken from Quran 19:31:

"And He hath made me
Blessed wheresoever I be,
And hath enjoined on me
Prayer and Charity as long
AS I LIVE."

According to this reference Jesus
is commanded to pray and give alms ( zakat ) until he dies. But if Muslims are correct that he didn't die, he must therefore continue to give charity even now
while in heaven! Give charity to who?

Quran 3:55
"Behold! God said: `O
Jesus! I will take thee
(Arabic- INNI MUTAWAFFEEKA) And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of
those who blaspheme..."

Quran 5:117
"Never said did I to them
Aught except what Thou
Didst command me To say, to wit, `Worship God, my Lord and your Lord'; And I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt Amongst them; when thou Didst take me up (Arabic- TAWAFFAYTANI) Thou wast the Watcher Over them, and Thou art a witness to all things."

The phrase "I will take thee" and
"when Thou didst take me" are
forms of the Arabic word TAWAFFA.
The term is always used in
the Quran to imply one who is taken at DEATH.

Note the way other Quranic translators have
translated Quran 3:55:

Sher Ali

"... I will cause thee to
die a natural death and
raise thee to Myself ..."
"... but since Thou didst
cause me to die..."

Muhammad Asad

"... Verily, I shall cause
thee to die, and shalt
exult thee unto Me..."
"... but since Thou hast
caused me to die..."

M. Muhammad Ali

die and exalt thee in My
presence..."
"... but when Thou didst
cause me to die.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:
die, and the day I am

Wasn't allah sure of the meaning of that verse?

few verses earlier:

"So Peace is on him The
day he was born, The day

According to allah, John said he would die and he did actually die.

Allah also said Jesus would die and never died but taken to heaven alive, why?

Didn't he know that something would happen to Jesus that would necessite taking him away alive?

Nobody could shift the death of John to the future, why shift that of Jesus for whom the same statement was made?

"And He hath made me
And hath enjoined on me
AS I LIVE."

is commanded to pray and give alms ( zakat ) until he dies. But if Muslims are correct that he didn't die, he must therefore continue to give charity even now

Jesus! I will take thee
(Arabic- INNI MUTAWAFFEEKA) And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of
those who blaspheme..."

Aught except what Thou
Didst command me To say, to wit, `Worship God, my Lord and your Lord'; And I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt Amongst them; when thou Didst take me up (Arabic- TAWAFFAYTANI) Thou wast the Watcher Over them, and Thou art a witness to all things."

Sher Ali

die a natural death and
cause me to die..."

Muhammad Asad

thee to die, and shalt
exult thee unto Me..."
"... but since Thou hast
caused me to die..."

M. Muhammad Ali

die and exalt thee in My
presence..."
"... but when Thou didst
cause me to die.

Can you summarize your NOTE in one sentence?

5 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
allahh is as confused as a mad man
I only sowie for d followers
Islam short cut to hell!
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by iyamucrystal(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
800+ odds for this weekend This is the screenshot of our last weekend winning.... subscribe to our next game to partake from it.. all we do is win!!! call agent on 2348136171479
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
how come a;;llah always need the bible to help the koraan

this is more than confusion.this is delusion
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by CHM11: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
I couldn't even finish the write up because of so many flaws from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
CHM11:
I couldn't even finish the write up because of so many flaws from the beginning.

Why not mention the flaws? I know your mind, you thought the thread is talking against Jesus from the heading. No.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
emusmith:

Allah is inconsistent and therefore NOT BELIEVABLE.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Allah is inconsistent and therefore NOT BELIEVABLE.

Ok,i just dey get you
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
emusmith:

Jesus died but the muslims scholar twist the chronological sequence of event in the very verse Jesus prophesied his death. But the same phrase is used in the verse that prophesied the death of john the baptist but the muslims scholar agreed, john died. If they agreed john died then it mean Jesus died, but they twist it just to avoid contradiction.

! I will take thee (Arabic- INNI MUTAWAFFEEKA) when ever someone died the quran used this phrase which mean DEATH, pay close attention to this verse;

Surah 39:42:
“It is Allah that takes (MUTAWAFFiKA)
the SOULS (of men) at DEATH; and
those that die not (He takes)
(m utawaffika) during their sleep:
those on whom He has passed the
decree of death.” (Yusuf Ali)

The term “mutawaffika” occurs over 25 times in the Qur’an, and in each case it refers to the death of someone. Especially enlightening is its usage in Surah 39:42. The same word (mutawaffika) is used when Jesus talk about is death.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
CHM11:
you can start by pointing out the flaw in the op, if there are flaw in the op, then you must agreed there are flaws in the quran. note: there are flaws in the quran.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
you can start by pointing out the flaw in the op, if there are flaw in the op, then you must agreed there are flaws in the quran. note: there are flaws in the quran.

Welcome bro.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Welcome bro.
thank you, let us see how they will twist the op if they can even attempt it .
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
thank you, let us see how they will twist the op if they can even attempt it .

I have noticed that they keep silent when they have no defence. They call it 'ignoring'. I like it so because sincere muslims will discover islam is deception as nobody is capable of refuting the falsehood. As the Lord lives, the wall of islam shall be pulled down in the lives of innocent muslims.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:
Allah said Jesus didn't die and Muhammad claimed he (Jesus) will come back again. This is inconsistent with the statement allah himself credited to Jesus.

die, and the day I am

few verses earlier:

"So Peace is on him The
day he was born, The day

According to allah, John said he would die and he did actually die. But for Jesus to whom he said would die as he said to John, he later claim he didn't die as earlier said.

"And He hath made me
And hath enjoined on me
AS I LIVE."

Jesus! I will take thee
those who blaspheme..."

Aught except what Thou

Sher Ali

die a natural death and
cause me to die..."

Muhammad Asad

thee to die, and shalt
exult thee unto Me..."
"... but since Thou hast
caused me to die..."

M. Muhammad Ali

die and exalt thee in My
presence..."
"... but when Thou didst
cause me to die.

The only sense I could deduce from this is the issue of charity because every other thing here is rubbish! Maybe a more direct approach next time eh? What's your point? As to the matter of zakat and charity, do you know what zakat and charity are in islam? Clearly you don't because if you did you wouldn't ask such a stupid question. Zakat is a tax like percentage of a property that must have stayed for a period of one year to the less privileged, charity is anything you give to the less fortunate out of goodwill for the sake of Allah, there are no less privileged in Heaven dumbo! Nor can you keep goods or money for the period of one year. The problem with idiots like you is you translate the Quran however it suits you, the verse about him dying is a reference to whenever it his that he dies, not that he's died before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

I have noticed that they keep silent when they have no defence. They call it 'ignoring'. I like it so because sincere muslims will discover islam is deception as nobody is capable of refuting the falsehood. As the Lord lives, the wall of islam shall be pulled down in the lives of innocent muslims.

Deception? Read the story of Paul, the major compiler of the bible, a man who has never seen jesus but claims to have seen a white light, a man who persecuted the followers of Jesus, and yet you follow his teachings and self made fallacy. What needs defense and I promise I will not keep shut, I will defend it to your understanding, there is no contradiction in Islam, only to those who choose to see with a blind eye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

The only sense I could deduce from this is the issue of charity because every other thing here is rubbish! Maybe a more direct approach next time eh? What's your point? As to the matter of zakat and charity, do you know what zakat and charity are in islam? Clearly you don't because if you did you wouldn't ask such a stupid question. Zakat is a tax like percentage of a property that must have stayed for a period of one year to the less privileged, charity is anything you give to the less fortunate out of goodwill for the sake of Allah, there are no less privileged in Heaven dumbo! Nor can you keep goods or money for the period of one year. The problem with idiots like you is you translate the Quran however it suits you, the verse about him dying is a reference to whenever it his that he dies, not that he's died before.

What nonsense are you saying here. Can't you comprehend?

The issue at hand is not zakat, it is allah's inconsistency about the death of Jesus. Read with understanding and respond.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Deception? Read the story of Paul, the major compiler of the bible, a man who has never seen jesus but claims to have seen a white light, a man who persecuted the followers of Jesus, and yet you follow his teachings and self made fallacy. What needs defense and I promise I will not keep shut, I will defend it to your understanding, there is no contradiction in Islam, only to those who choose to see with a blind eye.

Is this a defence of the OP? Smh!

Allah didn't accuse Paul of any error as muslims are doing. Didn't he know him? Do you know better than your god?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

big Amen to that.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

read the op very well, your post is off topic.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Is this a defence of the OP? Smh!

Allah didn't accuse Paul of any error as muslims are doing. Didn't he know him? Do you know better than your god?

What sort of stupid question is this? If a man comes out today and attributes something to your brother other than the truth will you not call the bitch out? Do you know better than your brother?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
read the op very well, your post is off topic.

I have no idea what his point is, maybe you should ask me a more direct question?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

What nonsense are you saying here. Can't you comprehend?

The issue at hand is not zakat, it is allah's inconsistency about the death of Jesus. Read with understanding and respond.

What is inconsistent? Explain! all I see is rubbish up there! There are no contradictions in Islam, if you don't understand something you ask and it shall be explained, you don't just interprete something the way it suits you. Which verse do you not understand?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Paul epistles was a teaching, there are differences between teach and preach, Paul teach what Jesus preach, Paul focus on ressurection and salvation in christ, which indicate Jesus is the way,truth and life, to know more about Paul teaching read here https://www.nairaland.com/1981918/did-paul-invent-christianity
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
Paul epistles was a teaching, there are differences between teach and preach, Paul teach what Jesus preach, Paul focus on ressurection and salvation in christ, which indicate Jesus is the way,truth and life, to know more about Paul teaching read here https://www.nairaland.com/1981918/did-paul-invent-christianity

Teaching something other than what Jesus taught is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

I have no idea what his point is, maybe you should ask me a more direct question?
did Jesus died? If your answer is no, what about john the baptist,did he died? The same phrase Jesus used to prophesied his death? John used the same word to prophesied his death. Why did muslims not shift the death of john to the future, but shift that of Jesus to the future?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

What sort of stupid question is this? If a man comes out today and attributes something to your brother other than the truth will you not call the bitch out? Do you know better than your brother?

You seem to always speak off point.

Paul had done what he did or said what he said before Muhammad's revelations, which you call the quran. Now tell me what allah said about Paul, who wrote about 75% of the New Testament.

I believe allah must know Paul and his roles in Christianity, yet kept quiet on him. Why didn't he condemn him?

All of you just keep reciting what has been wrongly planted in your heads.

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Teaching something other than what Jesus taught is even worse.
read the thread I paste, Paul teach what Jesus preach, can you answer the op? If you have any issue with Paul meet me in the other thread.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Rilwayne001: 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Recycling threads when actually they can't tell us why their lord was nailed to the cross.

Bunch of neanderthals. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

You seem to always speak off point.

Paul had done what he did or said what he said before Muhammad's revelations, which you call the quran. Now tell me what allah said about Paul, who wrote about 75% of the New Testament.

I believe allah must know Paul and his roles in Christianity, yet kept quiet on him. Why didn't he condemn him?

All of you just keep reciting what has been wrongly planted in your heads.

Wtf are you talking about? Why should Allah refer specifically to him? The Quran teaches that whoever attributes lies to Allah is an apostate and therefore Paul the Arab hating Jews rantings about rubbish like the original sin definitely puts him that category.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

What is inconsistent? Explain! all I see is rubbish up there! There are no contradictions in Islam, if you don't understand something you ask and it shall be explained, you don't just interprete something the way it suits you. Which verse do you not understand?

There are sooo many CONTRADICTIONS in the quran. In fact, the quran is total contradictions. Allah reverses everything he once said but this not the thread to discuss that.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Ur situation is pathetic

Was it only paul that saw jesus in the bible

You can see Him too if you so desire,just like i saw him too

See the advantage we have over you,
We can related to our God directly while you willing to die over virgines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Pastor Benny Hinn reaches out to India with prayers / Bishop Ugokwe Leads Other Clerics To Offer Prayers For Tinubu, Shettima, Others / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.