Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (44937 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched To Death In Aba (Viewers' Discretion) / Robber Lynched For Killing Lagos OPC Leader (photo) / Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Islie: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
This young naval officer Commander Ugbodi from Oori town of Benue State has been killed ..According to a CKN News I reporter at the scene of the incident,the naval officer was mistaken for a robber with his friends and who pursued their car .The mob made up of Okada riders killed and set them on fire before they could even explain and identify themselves..

Here is the story as sent to CKN News by Pastor Flourish Atoju .

"He is my brother CKN, the whole of my village is thrown into mourning right now. He was in the company of his younger brother to go get fuel. He arrived at a police check point and the police on duty told him to stop because of the robbery going on; i don't know why he just drove pass the police, the okada people ran after him, seen that he stopped for them, the next thing was to drag him out of his vehicle together with his younger brother, beat them up to the point of death and set them ablaze. It happened in Abuja on your way to kaduna. His name is Awi Samuel Ugbodi. So painful and can't just stop crying."

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/04/naval-officer-clubbed-to-death-mistaken.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

4 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by illiad: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ill fated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Jaycool18(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
if it was during the time of obj, the whole community would pay.. RIP to the dead

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by redvektor(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Na wa oh dis kind young officer jos go down anyhow R.i.p sailor

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by kodyx(f): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
A young promising life cut short in its prime,when are we going to learn behaving like humans than like barbarians of the stone age. What a shame and a waste..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by DuchessLily(f): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sad.. So so sad!! Nigerians just have to stop taking law into their hands

RIP to d young guys

Mtseeewww ....I dey vex

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by itsMrIke(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
That is the problem with military men. Always looking down on the police.
If he had stopped and identified himself to the policemen, he would be alive now. But they like to downgrade and insult police officers.
I feel sorry for you bro, but this could have been avoided.
I wonder why people still do jungle justice, una no fit beat person then hand am over to police? Haba!!! Animals every where pretending to be human beings.

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by zinachidi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
so not fair. RIP.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Mogidi: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by bebe2(f): 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
u see, una see lifeeee

i have always said it, this jungle justice wey nigerians dey do so

go cause wahala one day,

shebi una see am now cry cry
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
Law makers are law breakers...

He was stopped, he drove off...as "staff" that he probably is.
Army and naval officers always look down on the NPF.
Look @ what it has resulted in now!

What would it cost him to identify with his colleagues, after all they are in the same sector.

Such a young man, RIP to him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by kponkedenge(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Stubborn navy man. Stop u no gree stop u de form oga. U see ur life

Meanwhile in another news

www.nairaland.com/2258274/face-santa-studio-male-version

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Goldenheart(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
What a shame...!!!

Looks like anyone can be "mistakenly" lynched.

Akoba ada ba, olorun maje ki ari cry

8 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nigerians are slowing becoming barbarians since they can't trust the justice system.

Shame.

5 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Too bad at least he should have listened to the Policemen cry
But this jungle justice gan sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by condralbede(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gobe..But was he high on SK mixed with rochie.Anyways R.I.P to the dead!!!!

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by hazyfm: 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
CHAI!!!

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mogidi:
RIP to the dead but......

SAI BUHARI
es tu malade?

5 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by OgenemaroKessy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
itsMrIke:
That is the problem with military men. Always looking down on the police.
If he had stopped and identified himself to the policemen, he would be alive now. But they like to downgrade and insult police officers.
I feel sorry for you bro, but this could have been avoided.
I wonder why people still do jungle justice, una no fit beat person then hand am over to police? Haba!!! Animals every where pretending to be human beings.

I totally agree with You, most of My colleges will tell you that they can never stop for any bloody police. But in Civilized world, be You Army, Navy or Air force You adhere to Police cos it's for Your own good. Thou at times Police dey Bleep up but let try and obey d Law. RIP To My Ahoy. What a lost to our Community. Bon- Voyage Ahoy.

12 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Ekiseme(m): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Too bad
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by kachnov(m): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Tragic ,he could have just stopped ,while the okada riders could have just been patient enough to ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by fergieboy: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
rip

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by bright007(f): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
I blame Buhari for this

all e-buharist who are pained because of my opinion should jump into the nearest lagoon.

that was how you blamed GEJ for your wife not getting pregnant , for the scorching heat of the sun as well as your food passing getting stuck in your colon.

what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
kissI blame Buhari for this

all e-buharist who are pained because of my opinion should jump into the nearest lagoon.

that was how you blamed GEJ for your wife not getting pregnant , for the scorching heat of the sun as well as your food getting stuck in your colon

what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

11 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
This didn't happen in South Africa! !!!

What a way to manner. ...

A jungle. ...
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by cantell(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
If it's in Lagos, the residents are in trouble.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by ShakurM(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
Park! Park!
Pls do park, yes u fit pay their salary for a whole year, Yes ur car na range rover, we know.
Just park! Guard ur sef.

5 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Mogidi: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
kadgets:
oui malade?

Replace Goodluck in your life with Badluck and see where it gets you.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by slap1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ndi village
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why are Africans always so primitive and behaving like animals? Very backward set of things!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by idupaul: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
He drove of because he thought his uniform made him an Iron man , he could have even run into the robbers but sadly he ran into a mob and as usual the Nigerian mob acted like animals once more.. RIP Ahoy

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Dcaliphate(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
what a sad way to die, sadly this stray bullet would have been avoided had he simply adhered to the policeman's advice. Very very sad incident. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja by Mbediogu(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Islie:

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/04/naval-officer-clubbed-to-death-mistaken.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Why now? He should have stopped for the police. May be he had no money on him and decided to pass, and they decided to mobilize okadamen to catch him not knowing they would kill him. Ey yaaa! RIP officer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hackers Rob Bank Of N523,337,100.00 / Mob Beat Armed Robbers In Fadeyi Lagos Today (Graphic Pics) / Photo Of The SARS Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.