Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja (32178 Views)

Rivers Election Petition Tribunal – LIVE UPDATES / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by sunnyprof: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Who said one million people voted in Rivers State? where did they come out from? na lie oo
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by solreb: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
refreshrate:

Before you comment any further oga, please are you from Rivers state?
What state are you from please?
And your reason for supporting Amaechi is what again?

Bros, this is not about where one comes from but about justice and fairness. I have stayed in PHC for 21 yrs and I know that elections never held there. PDP had always been writing results like in other SS states. Now that there was a credible opposition in APC, which could wrestle power from PDP, hence the level of violence and poll rapes in both rivers and Akwa ibom ibom. SS and SE should begin to be as democratic as north and SW where you could get results at each polling booths as counted before the electorates.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by solreb: 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Atouke:

[size=15pt]Is that all the insults you have? The collective will and votes of the people of rivers state is greater than the ranting of a few aggrieved APC politicians in Rivers state, they should learn to live with the rejection they suffered in the hands of PDP in Rivers.[/size]
No collective will of Rivers people because no election held in Rivers rather it was coerced will of people as forced by PDP, Wike , Pej and inec rec
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Senseless like Jonah-daft.

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY THING YET, GREEDY ALL PAST CRIMINALS=APC, AT THE TAIL END, THE CASE WILL BE THROWN OUT FOR LACK OF MERIT LIKE EKIT STATE'S OWN.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by refreshrate: 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
solreb:

Bros, this is not about where one comes from but about justice and fairness. I have stayed in PHC for 21 yrs and I know that elections never held there. PDP had always been writing results like in other SS states. Now that there was a credible opposition in APC, which could wrestle power from PDP, hence the level of violence and poll rapes in both rivers and Akwa ibom ibom. SS and SE should begin to be as democratic as north and SW where you could get results at each polling booths as counted before the electorates.

In the northern states we have underaged almajiris thumbprinting for the APC, is this similar to your ideology of "credible" ?

Or that is the concept of being just and fair according to you?

You make it seem as if no the APC is a party of saints that never rigs and the PDP should just sit and fold arms.

Why the double standards oga?

Why?
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by inalegwu99(m): 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
ACTUALLY WEN I VISIT NAIRALAND AND VIEW SOME PEOPLE'S COMENTS I REALISE NIGERIA HAVE A VERY LONG WAY TO GO.......................
WE ARE SO BLINDED BY A RUTHLESS SENTIMENTS
AND MOST OF THE NIGER DELTANS ARE SO NAIVE
IN POLITICS..SO BECUS AMEACHI HAS FOLLOWED THE PATH THAT SUITS HIM, THEY NOW HATE HIM?
WHEre WERE U GUYS WEN UR SILLY ASS BRODA DIVERTED ALL UR OIL WELLS TO BAYELSA?
WHERE WERE U GUYS WEN JONATHAN WIFE PUBLICLY EMBARASED AMEACHI?
WHERE WERE U GUYS WEN PDP UR THAT IS UR GOD SUSPENDED AMAECHI? SOO BECUS HE IS A SOUTHERNER HE SHOULD REMAIN IN UR SILLY PDP BY FORCE AND TAKE THE POO OF MRS BARREN JONATHAN UR JESUS?
I SWEAR CLUELESSNESS IS WEN URE DAFT ENUF TO SUPORT THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA BECUS HE IS FROM UR REGION...FOOLISHNESS IS WEN U CAN DIE FOR JONATHAN DAT HAS INSTALL WIKE TO LOOT UR TREASURY FOR MISS JONATHAN AND ALSO SPONSOR PDP TO MOUNTAIN A CHALLENGE ON THE RULLING APC.......
MADNESS IS WHEN U THINK WIKE IS POPULAR COMPARED TO PETERSIDE IN RIVERS.
ILLUSION IS WEN U THINK IF ELECTION IS CONTESTED 10 TIMES, STUPID WIKE WILL WIN DAKUKU........TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, THE COURT HAS THE FINAL SAY ABOUT THE ELECTION AND FROM OBVIOUS REASONS I TIP THE TRIBUNAL TO DELIVER A FAIR JUDGEMENT

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by refreshrate: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
m1500:
How are the mighty fallen?? Gov. Amaechi used to be the darling of all but somewhere along the line he abandoned Rivers people and the state itself for trivialities that would have been better managed. Granted, there may be some skirmishes recorded in the State but the truth is that Rivers people have rejected Amaechi and anybody attached to him under any guise. That said, the tribunal will do its work but I believe that even if the election is annulled and re-contested free and fair; PDP will still carry the day.

Plain and simple!
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by itetemi: 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
clevvermind:
let them try it and see what will come out of it.

NOTHING will com out of it.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by inalegwu99(m): 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
ACTUALLY WEN I VISIT NAIRALAND AND VIEW SOME PEOPLE'S COMENTS I REALISE NIGERIA HAVE A VERY LONG WAY TO GO.......................
WE ARE SO BLINDED BY A RUTHLESS SENTIMENTS
AND MOST OF THE NIGER DELTANS ARE SO NAIVE
IN POLITICS..SO BECUS AMEACHI HAS FOLLOWED THE PATH THAT SUITS HIM, THEY NOW HATE HIM?
WHEre WERE U GUYS WEN UR SILLY ASS BRODA DIVERTED ALL UR OIL WELLS TO BAYELSA?
WHERE WERE U GUYS WEN JONATHAN WIFE PUBLICLY EMBARASED AMEACHI?
WHERE WERE U GUYS WEN PDP UR THAT IS UR GOD SUSPENDED AMAECHI? SOO BECUS HE IS A SOUTHERNER HE SHOULD REMAIN IN UR SILLY PDP BY FORCE AND TAKE THE POO OF MRS BARREN JONATHAN UR Jesus?
I SWEAR CLUELESSNESS IS WEN URE DAFT ENUF TO SUPORT THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA BECUS HE IS FROM UR REGION...FOOLISHNESS IS WEN U CAN DIE FOR JONATHAN DAT HAS INSTALL WIKE TO LOOT UR TREASURY FOR MISS JONATHAN AND ALSO SPONSOR PDP TO MOUNTAIN A CHALLENGE ON THE RULLING APC.......
MADNESS IS WHEN U THINK WIKE IS POPULAR COMPARED TO PETERSIDE IN RIVERS.
ILLUSION IS WEN U THINK IF ELECTION IS CONTESTED 10 TIMES, silly WIKE WILL WIN DAKUKU........TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, THE COURT HAS THE FINAL SAY ABOUT THE ELECTION AND FROM OBVIOUS REASONS I TIP THE TRIBUNAL TO DELIVER A FAIR JUDGEMENT
Hit like if u aprove...share if you dont

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by iamLadyGee95: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
TBD:
Wike will soon remove like Celestine Omeha just continue dreaming.

Shut up ur mouth my friend u don't know what ur saying... Wike aint going down.... If they like they shud take the case 2 where ever.... So incase u've lost words keep calm n let others comment
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by fareed69(m): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
If dem like make dem go daura
Dem no go win d case

Says Who?
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by itetemi: 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
iamLadyGee95:

Shut up ur mouth my friend u don't know what ur saying... Wike aint going down.... If they like they shud take the case 2 where ever.... So incase u've lost words keep calm n let others comment

he has already gone down with the tribunal sitting
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by peegirl(f): 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Atouke:
[size=15pt]The collective will of the people of rivers state VS APC ego. This will be interesting. This will be the first test of Buhari Presidency![/size]

Please this is not and will never be the collective will of rivers pple. this is btwn rogues,thugs,murderers and APC!!!

Do you know a man was beheaded in my constituency simply becos he is APC...... The truth must surely come out...

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by CSTR2: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Clergy20: 12:23am On Apr 16, 2015
m1500:
How are the mighty fallen?? Gov. Amaechi used to be the darling of all but somewhere along the line he abandoned Rivers people and the state itself for trivialities that would have been better managed. Granted, there may be some skirmishes recorded in the State but the truth is that Rivers people have rejected Amaechi and anybody attached to him under any guise. That said, the tribunal will do its work but I believe that even if the election is annulled and re-contested free and fair; PDP will still carry the day.
My brother, I wished PDP believed that they were going to win in a free and fair contest, that means they wouldn't have rigged the election in the first place. But I doubt if they had that same belief you had about winning the election.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by peegirl(f): 12:41am On Apr 16, 2015
Atouke:

[size=15pt]The choice is between the collective will of a million plus people of rivers state who came out to cast their votes and the Ego of APC bigwigs who are not happy about the way the people voted, and are ganging up to subvert the will of the people.
we will be watching this keenly.[/size]

And that's the only thing you can do,,,,,,,,,, WATCH.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by pero45: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2015
AMECHI aint DOING NOFIN
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by peegirl(f): 1:13am On Apr 16, 2015
fluxview:

E THEY PAIN YOU, THAT SECONDARY SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP WAY THEM PROMISE YOU IF APC WIN DON FLY YOU. RIVERS STATE ELECTION THEY PAIN THEM. THEY HAVE LOST THE OIL RICH STATE TO OPPOSITION.

see how unkempt your kids are. And their grammar though. shocked
SadSad,, undecided
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by bashydemy(m): 3:05am On Apr 16, 2015
Atouke:

[size=15pt]The choice is between the collective will of a million plus people of rivers state who came out to cast their votes and the Ego of APC bigwigs who are not happy about the way the people voted, and are ganging up to subvert the will of the people.
we will be watching this keenly.[/size]
EVen as the international observer said no election in river state? keep fooling yourself GEJ can't do anything about this cos he wont want his name to be tainted.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by bashydemy(m): 3:15am On Apr 16, 2015
Good news, Let wike and mama piss go and defend the votes in court
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by egodswill(m): 3:50am On Apr 16, 2015
I've read all the comments here. And I hardly comment on this forum. Anyway, for me, I live in Port Harcourt, East West Road close to Rumuokoro. I voted on gubernatorial elections day. It was calm all around my area. No quarrel, no fighting, not even an argument I'm aware of. I was accredited in less one minute and started voting around 3pm. No issues. I voted. This was also the case in polling units around Eliozu, Rukpakwulusi, just along the stretch of the express road.

I don't know about the problems in the hinterland or elsewhere. I only heard over news that elections never held. I'm also aware when PDP candidate voted and commended inec for orderly conduct. It was on air too.

For sure, there may have been issues in some areas, but I think it's a bogus statement to say elections never held in Rivers State (I'm talking of governorship elections which I voted in). But, may be, the people talking know what I don't know.

In addition, one thing I observed in the days leading to the governorship election is that: some people I know very close from Ogoni axis close to where I work suddenly changed their minds and decided to vote Wike - not for love for the man, but out of anger at GEJ's loss. I can only say what I know and sure of. But like I said before, those complaining may know what I don't know. Thanks and please let's give Peace a chance to allow Nigeria move on and the new Government at all levels to perform.

One love guys

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Atouke: 4:36am On Apr 16, 2015
peegirl:

And that's the only thing you can do,,,,,,,,,, WATCH.
Watching is the first line of action until there is an anomaly then there will be a reaction.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Dibest(m): 4:59am On Apr 16, 2015
Just can't stop smh, i wonder when some people will be man enough to say the truth no matter whose ox is gored, my dear, is not about Ameachi or Dakuku, it should be about doing the right thing, from my observations, Wike would have won the election in a free and fair pool, but the only ended up putting himself in a tight situation, the elections in Rivers State was a complete sham that if allowed to stand will smell doom for our dear state as others will think they too can become Governor one day in as much as they can afford the guns, lets condemn what is wrong so evil doers will stop.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Rotimi47: 5:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Atouke:

[size=15pt]We shall see how 69,000 votes will be greater than 1.1million votes. the people of rivers has spoken, and spoken loudly with their votes APC change that result at your own risk[/size]
what will happen will amuse people who think that only people of South South have arms & they are the mist violent not knowing that they are child's play that others just thought that they be left alone because they have been cheated; but you people were given the opportunity to put things right but you rather prefer playing the ethnic card, abeg! People note that people no longer pity you people has you have bitten more than you can chew why you started threatening other regions/tribes in Nigeria that you will attack them & turn some to dust. If you result to violence you villages will just turn to ashes chaply. You better stop all this make believe of strength or military capability as the major reason you did well in your struggle was because the South West saw reason & supported you struggle legally & they made the North & the world to know that you needed to be given a chance, you got the opportunity through a South West man but you went against them that fought the legal & moral battles for the South South; you people need to sit down & rethink rather than making mouth that will get you people into serious trouble as you militancy may be misinterpreted as war & your entire region may be made to experience a full scale civil war which you people can never survive, yes you will destroy several oil facilities but think about your villages, lives & your waters & all you source of living that will be destroyed likes millions of your people turned into refugees. Is that what you people want? Please note, I am also a Niger deltan & I know when to call a spade a spade; is that is needed is to win other peoples hearts here by getting other people to get to see reason to support us once again which is why we must mend fences with other tribes as the south south don't stand a chance in a war.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Rotimi47: 5:30am On Apr 16, 2015
momo22:

You lied
Yes o! They can lie! They should remember that wike fought Ameachi with Federal might so Ameachi is about to return the favor, I hope wike has what it takes to handle it as Ameachi did handle theirs well.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by anwe: 5:44am On Apr 16, 2015
Omooba77:
The Rivers Election Petition Tribunal has relocated to Abuja for security reasons.

This is contained in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Abuja.

The statement was issued and signed by Mrs Deborah Musa, the Secretary of the tribunal.

The statement said that the relocation was approved by the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa.

The statement said Justice Ishaq Bello, the acting Chief Judge of the FCT High Court, approved the FCT High Court, Apo, as the secretariat and trial court for the tribunal.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/rivers-election-petition-tribunal-relocates-to-abuja/
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by anwe: 5:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Omooba77:
The Rivers Election Petition Tribunal has relocated to Abuja for security reasons.

This is contained in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Abuja.

The statement was issued and signed by Mrs Deborah Musa, the Secretary of the tribunal.

The statement said that the relocation was approved by the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa.

The statement said Justice Ishaq Bello, the acting Chief Judge of the FCT High Court, approved the FCT High Court, Apo, as the secretariat and trial court for the tribunal.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/rivers-election-petition-tribunal-relocates-to-abuja/

I smell something O ! with all the security the tribunal should sit in PH.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by securi: 6:11am On Apr 16, 2015
He will be removed and won't there be another election? Forget story, if that election is repeated 10 times, APC can't win it, ask around.
TBD:
Wike will soon remove like Celestine Omeha just continue dreaming.
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by nobeku: 6:52am On Apr 16, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lt was expected Amaechi closed the courts for more than a year during his madness.No matter what happens Rivers state is for PDP and Wiked Wike has won even the cankaterous Amaechi knows that if elections are held one million times in rivers state PDP and Wike will sweep it one million times.

Good people of Rivers did l lie cheesy
Brethren,let's not get a lot of people confused...Amaechi DID NOT "close the courts"...that's not true and fair..These guys went on a strike...Let's remain truthful,informed and fair ABEG!How in de world ddoes a governor close a court
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by Franky9584(m): 7:06am On Apr 16, 2015
Handwork of Patience. . . No doubt!
Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by sirgreen: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lt was expected Amaechi closed the courts for more than a year during his madness.No matter what happens Rivers state is for PDP and Wiked Wike has won even the cankaterous Amaechi knows that if elections are held one million times in rivers state PDP and Wike will sweep it one million times.

Good people of Rivers did l lie cheesy

Well spoken, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja by 00francis: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2015
emmykk:
We are not surprise this is as expected from the unpatrotic son of Niger Delta.

1.Governor ameachi closed rivers state court for over one year even till date and now he want something that will linger to supreme court to help him..when he cant respect NJC decision of appointment of rivers state chief judge.

2.issues of jurisdition of the abuja tribunal will first of all be drag,before you know we are in may29.

3.after swearing in nyesom wike as governor the case may last for 4yrears for judgement.or u remember fayose winnings may be repeated

4.should the election be cancelled wike will be running for such seat from govt house.the contacts,the billions and the foot soldiers new caretakers guys wil be at his beck and call.

Conduct the election 10times wike will down dakuku,cause we hate you ameachi,we hate you ameachi.

Thankfully you sound informed.
NJC traditionally will nominate 3 names for apointment and the final decision is the governor's decision...he did not pick the most senior judge who because he felt she will be a tool in the hands of GEJ and the PDP during their rift. He picked someone else...

Since the lady he denied the appointment has a top ranking brother in the NUJ, the NUJ instigated the strike so ameachi can go back on his decision... And they have backing from the presidency.

So it is quite unfair when people blame ameachi for the closed courts.

If u were the Governor will u appoint someone who you perceive might work against u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malami: Dasuki Caused The Death Of 100,000, FG Can’t Release Him / Independence Day: Price Of Commodity In October 2022 Vs October 2023 / Photo: Voters Take To Their Heels As Political Thugs Attack In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.