Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) (46419 Views)

Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics) / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Oildichotomy(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2015
OutLoud:

Olorun je kio gbon. Brainwashed mofo!
undecided
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 16, 2015
Awesome!
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2015
Bt y r all d male deities sexy?? lipsrsealed
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by eminikansoso(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Orisa Ibeji
Winiwini loju orogun
Ejibolo loju iyare
Okan ni nbabi
Eji lowole tomiwa
Ibeji ooooo
Oso alakisa di oni igba aso

Taiye nse jimoh
Kahinde nse jimoh
Oni ni odun omo mi
Ebami ki Ejire

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by flinton(m): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2015
Nice piece of art, but when did yoruba deities become Africans'
He should wipe out African is his descriptive texts and replace it wif yoruba

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Defcon1(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Sango be gay??grin
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Defcon1(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2015
If say l be pagan, na only Obatala l go serve...only him look like correct Jujugringrin
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2015
This is an insulting representation of the Yoruba culture...people with tatoos and nudity everywhere...and most of them are dressed like Arabs.

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Fratello(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Wetin Tattoo find reach Olorun Body?
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by TheRealAdonye(m): 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Wow.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by MrHighSea: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chanced? Ladies ll hustle dm
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by MrHighSea: 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chanced? Ladies ll hustle dm. Hansom n watsup gods.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Fratello:
Wetin Tattoo find reach Olorun Body?

dont mind them...na white mentality mixing in our truth.. angry angry angry

what do you await,when white-mentality is telling you about your deitys.... angry angry angry

this is how they colored jesus-christ white....JESUS IS A BLACK-MAN.....now,that more and more are knowing,what is the next step for us?

only this i care about..... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by gracymicky(f): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
haywire1:

Babalawo, I hail ooooo. Wettin IFA talk today?

. Laughing in chines
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by LatestTrend: 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
For ur small mind u don tongue-lashed me , abi ? grin

kings09:
Pls can u give us a version of ur own artwork then we can evaluate. Mumu. All u knw z 2 criticize instead of giving credit to sum1 dat made an effort. Wit ur type d world wld be stagnant. #DrunkMumuWithInferiorityComplex
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by iamord(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
LEXYCOM:
I bind them all in Jesus name
did u really need this... The inferiority complex of the black race baffles me!

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
iamord:
did u really need this... The inferiority complex of the black race baffles me!

me too...look how beautiful the black-woman is... look how strong the black-man is...i wonder... angry angry angry
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by haywire1: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
tsdarkside:
now you all know your deitys,,,,now what... angry angry angry

now that you know that you are gods and godesses,what is your next move...

TO HELL WITH THAT WHITE-JESUS CHRIST....

the black-race destiny is to rule the world,again....get this slave-mentality,out of your minds....QUICK... angry angry angry

Bahd guy, oya help me ask IFA if Buhari go make me Petroleum minister grin grin grin

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by johnydon22(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
I need not go further. Almost got ''enlightened'' by your website cool cool
Hasta la vista cool

Lol... why didnt you stick around a little bit
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
haywire1:

Bahd guy, oya help me ask IFA if Buhari go make me Petroleum minister grin grin grin

dont ask me...i dont understand economics........ grin grin grin

ask ifa yourself..... grin grin grin
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by 2ruink(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
I don't waste my time on puke........useless ppl.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by haywire1: 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
tsdarkside:

dont ask me...i dont understand economics........ grin grin grin

ask ifa yourself..... grin grin grin

We go share money wink , 70-30 grin . Oya ask am waitin

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Fratello(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
tsdarkside:

dont mind them...na white mentality mixing in our truth.. angry angry angry

what do you await,when white-mentality is telling you about your deitys.... angry angry angry

this is how they colored jesus-christ white....JESUS IS A BLACK-MAN.....now,that more and more are knowing,what is the next step for us?

only this i care about..... angry angry angry
Bro, no vex. E be like say those White pple don vex you before already. #CalmDown smiley
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by damola311: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Esu get six packs?.......
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
i think the next step is...in which deity-charakter do you find your own charakter...

which deity,do you find youself...

the way the white-devils do with their nasty-horoskope..

you decide... angry angry angry
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
every tribe in africa have their deitys.....

but at the end of the day,they are all the same in the ol africa,just different names...THATS ALL... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chiam55:
Wow! One of the most beautiful work of art I've ever seen. I love the beauty and strength portrayed by the artist. These are black super hero's and I wish the black children in the West were exposed to this image. It makes me even more proud to be African.

I knoww!
Total amazing-ness

Is Oya the reason for "oya, go and bring my slippers now"
...kinda, hurry up like the wind and go get something?

If you know or are Yoruba, tell me please
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by JuanDeDios: 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
iduzebaba:
1. That is a wrong depiction of Sango..God of thunder fun ra e. oko Oya ati osun..... normally.. he is depicted in a red and black attire with a thor like thunder weapon and prob with a shuku braid with cowries on in head and breathin fire effect in d pics

2. I neva knew d devil has 6 packs... and that babaluaye is d founder of shoki. lols

3. if I may ask.. why was olorun tattooed.

4. u all can see dat the African goddess for beauty and love is black and beautiful.. tonto dike and family ' take note.
Devil? Oh, I see you're one of those think Esu - devil. This miseducation of our youth by the imported religions.

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Devil? Oh, I see you're one of those think Esu - devil. This miseducation of our youth by the imported religions.

what are you talking about.....

are you white..

only a white-person or a black-person thinking like white-people will not understand what he is writing about.... angry angry angry
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by bighead1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
I love the dieties embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by DaBullIT(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
Photo credit go to James C. Lewis, a US-based photographic artist.
Personally, I've always been fascinated by the rich cultural history of the Yorubas and Binis.

[size=14pt]
NA SO UNA DEY START !!!!

Don't use models to depict gods , "I" as a well taught yoruba prefers seeing the gods in hand crafted wooden sculpture and clay , not some coked out model

Your work is Impressive

Thank you , But NO thank you
[/size]

Mitsurugi:
Strange a lot of Yoruba are just seeing these works, since an nna bros like me has been using them as my wall paper grin since last year. My favs are Obatala and Oya (hott babe) grin

[size=18pt][b]Exactly my point , That's how they sell it and you buy it , clearly most of the depicted gods are nude and which is why it's generated so much traffic , You didn't download the pictures because it means a lot to you , you downloaded the pictures because of the nudity

Every god in Yoruba land is decent , and Yoruba culture frowns at nudity , You'd hardly see a well trained Yoruba chick open her legs and sit down carried away while perverts peek to see the colour of her panties , Mothers take passion in teaching their girls to patonmo ,close your legs , even back then , kids as young as 5 years old would cross their legs or sag thier skirts at the middle to prevent you from seeing anything .

This is a wrong representation of Yoruba gods , One oyinbo should not come and show us how our ancestors look like or how they should look now ,

Sooner or later , images like this gets adapted to text books and then we'd loose the originality forever,

Where's the agbada, the buba , the war jacket, the cowries , the amulets ? This is a FOURKING misrepresentation and every reasonable Yoruba should frown at it

If someone sells you cheap , you can't be bought expensively

[/b][/size]

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Igbo Isiagu Attire / Oluwo Of Iwo, Oba Akanbi And His Lamborghini In New Photos / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.