Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Igbobuofu.com - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbobuofu.com (11978 Views)

Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
revolt:
may i ask where the same portharcourt gets goods from? ur ideology is shared by just 1% of ibibios. now the koko of the matter is this.... democracy is a game of numbers a unified ss/se means more block voting power than a divided one. and plsssssssssss we ddnt vote for gej cos he was merely ss. some of us believed his policies were positive in the long run, so pls stop thanking se based on that.

the earlier goons like u in the ss realise this, the stronger well become politically.

My ideology shared by 1% of ibibios? Care to back up your claim with proof (i assume you carried out a survey)? Aba may be a major commercial hub, but claiming that Akwa Ibom cant do without you is sinply laughable, espwcially when we've just proved otherwise.

Btw i'm annang, NOT ibibio.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
The SE never gave Azikiwe or Ojukwu 90% of their votes

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by revolt(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

My ideology shared by 1% of ibibios? Care to back up your claim with proof (i assume you carried out a survey)? Aba may be a major commercial hub, but claiming that Akwa Ibom cant do without you is sinply laughable, espwcially when we've just proved otherwise.

there u go again.....even dividing ibibio btw annang etc....come means - di- , abasi - god etc so i dnt know the difference aside dialectical differences. this is one issue killing us in the ss. balkanising ourselves and wondering why were minorities. up north there are kanuris, fulanis, hausa, fura etc bt they spk with one voice. last time i was in uyo, bulk of commerce and trade is still done by ibos, from the numerous supermarts on aka rd, oron rd, to mention a few.

democracy is a game of numbers, were in dire need of that now. think rationally forget sentiments n fear of domination.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Mckennedy: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nigerians claiming to know more than the white,,, the attached photo defines all you problem,,,unleashed otherwise...

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mckennedy:
Nigerians claiming to know more than the white,,, the attached photo defines all you problem,,,unleashed otherwise...
Why can't Nigerians know more than the white Are they God?. The term South South has little to do with points on a compass.Your photo is irrelevant. It is a POLITICAL terminology. Its purpose is not to guide people to any geographical destination which is what your photo might be for. There are international examples of the use of the term South-South for political alliances,Google South South. But there is nothing stopping anyone from COINING a NEW terminology. Originally there was North East West and South before those other additional points on your CARTOON were coined. Moses did not bring them down on his tablets of stone. The word gay used to mean happy it does not these days. Language is meant to serve man and not the other way round. Every politically aware Nigerian understands what South South means and so it is linguistic currency whether it annoys you or not

2 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ikeyman00(m): 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
@@@@

yoruba people

breaking us apart?

just that they want our oil

is nt amazing !

Even with DNA to shut them up; maybe they will come of with east delta not niger-delta

yoruba people leave us alone

the only problem i see here is the ijaw people that believe life is all about oil
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ikeyman00(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
@@@

talk about greediness

99% oil block are stole by the boko harem northerners

do u know how much millions they milked in a day?

they igbos are not as daft as you lots

mad mad people
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Remarkable: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Where did anyone mention that you can't do without Aba? it kinda appears that you debating an imaginery assertion that you yourself assumes to be real...
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Mckennedy: 6:27am On Apr 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
Why can't Nigerians know more than the white Are they God?. The term South South has little to do with points on a compass.Your photo is irrelevant. It is a POLITICAL terminology. Its purpose is not to guide people to any geographical destination which is what your photo might be for. There are international examples of the use of the term South-South for political alliances,Google South South. But there is nothing stopping anyone from COINING a NEW terminology. Originally there was North East West and South before those other additional points on your CARTOON were coined. Moses did not bring them down on his tablets of stone. The word gay used to mean happy it does not these days. Language is meant to serve man and not the other way round. Every politically aware Nigerian understands what South South means and so it is linguistic currency whether it annoys you or not

Go back to school.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2015
Mckennedy:

Go back to school.
Good advice for your mother

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by Mckennedy: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
Good advice for your mother

What brought my mother into this issue,,learn some respect.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 7:13am On Apr 19, 2015
Mckennedy:

What brought my mother into this issue,,learn some respect.
You and your mama dey craze

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by cheruv: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2015
Malawian:

what needs to be done is to carve out all igbo speaking parts of the south-south into the south east, so that we can see what remains.
you're the only one who has made some points here.simply carve out the Igbo parts of the SS and leave them with the rest.that way no SSner would've any basis to spew rubbish about our great nation
Re: Igbobuofu.com by cheruv: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2015
ocelot2006:

Oya go and carve it out na. You will not enjoy our response at all. With that attitude of yours, you're simply doing your region a great disservice.
what's wrong in what he said??
the bond btwn SE & SS is based mainly on those SS Igbo tribes. since you guys don't want to associate with us,is it not better you cede those areas to us so that we forget about you guys
for me I don't support this SE/SS ish but what can I do when my Igbo brothers like Anioma, Etchie, Ekpahia etc are found in the SS
Re: Igbobuofu.com by cheruv: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Does it really matter when we cry the same 'marginalization' under the collective oppression of the Gambari man and his willing slave?

I would rather slave for my brother and close a confidant than slave for a total stranger who wouldn't mind in exterminating me the moment I become useless to him.

Slave for a brother and your lineage is secured, but slave for a stranger you're so lost but either way a choice must be made and that choice is to unite with our brothers you can hang yourselves and let my brothers hang me
your words touch me brother cry
the Great Igbo nation encourages egalitarianism and believes that each man has the right to make or mar his destiny.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by cheruv: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
LasgidyPort:

Shut your trap. This is a public forum. Whenever you post your lies just because of selfish myopic reasons, someone will always be around the corner to correct it. The SW is richly blessed with human resources, crude oil, bitumen, timber, cocoa, gold, granite, aquatic resources, and other food resources. We don't care about your nonsense fixation on crude oil.

We don't do attaché by force.
because he's a SSner he's now telling lies
I simply dunno what Ofei' problem is.if you don't do attaché, allow someone who does to do abi is it by force to be like you? angry
Re: Igbobuofu.com by odogwux(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
The SE never gave Azikiwe or Ojukwu 90% of their votes

Yes na we aint clannish like our co-Nigerians
Re: Igbobuofu.com by LasgidyPort: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
cheruv:

because he's a SSner he's now telling lies
I simply dunno what Ofei' problem is.if you don't do attaché, allow someone who does to do abi is it by force to be like you? angry

Where this one crawl out from??
Re: Igbobuofu.com by cheruv: 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
LasgidyPort:

Where this one crawl out from??
e sim n'ikpu nne gi riputa! angry
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
odogwux:

Yes na we aint clannish like our co-Nigerians
Rest of Nigerians giving 90% to WHOM?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by LasgidyPort: 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
cheruv:

e sim n'ikpu nne gi riputa! angry

Translate na, make I give u response. It's only cowards that behaves this way.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by proudlyhandsome: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
ezeagu:
Before the 2015 presidential elections and recent times, Nigerians were adamant in differentiating what they deemed the 'South South' from the South East. On the surface, this was to separate the 'Niger Delta' from other areas in eastern Nigeria so that two geo-political zones were then formed (both which names' make no sense geographically or grammatically). This was done to uphold the propaganda that was solely created to keep the east divided in order for resources to flow freely out of the region. They said that the "south south" was the oil producing area of Nigeria, while the south east wasn't, which is a complete fallacy. They even carved up and cut through communities in Rivers and Imo States just to cut off oil producing areas from the SE. Despite the fact that both concocted regions have been mixing for millennia, They also tried the ethnic card by painting the 'south east' as the domineering 'Igbo side' and the 'south south' as the minority 'Ijaw' side, in fact, there are so called Igbo groups in Rivers state that have more in common with a Kalabari than with someone form Asaba, someone from Aba has more in common with someone in Bonny than they do with someone in Nsukka, an Aro has ancestry from the Cross River, and so on. Can the majority of those that painstakingly tried to separate the supposedly different 'regions' even tell the different between an Ogoni and Kalabari? I'm not even sure someone in Igboland can tell the difference between an Ndoki and an Nkoro or even say which one is supposed to be Igbo.

Now, here comes the laugh: now that the SE/SS is seen as the politically aligned outsiders, they have given up on their divisive tactics, and the SS/SE are now back to just the 'East' and I've even seen some people referring to everyone there as Igbo. It's absolutely hilarious to see because it means 'their' mission since the 60s has all but failed. People in the SS/SE still have some issues to straighten out and the region is far from perfect, but you can no longer convince any part of the east that some people elsewhere have more of their interest at heart than other people in the east. The way that the other regions of Nigeria lambasted and lampooned Goodluck is seen as unforgivable by many especially Ijo people. Comments such as 'drunken fisherman' and other ethnic-tinged slurs have let the cat out of the bag: it's better to deal with an estranged brother than with people who don't respect you and who will wipe you out for your birth right. Some even say that Boko Haram was funded by northern leaders in order to discredit Jonathan's Nigeria, and some have connected the unrest to the president-elects promise in 2011 that he will "make Nigeria ungovernable". The absolute support that the 'SE' threw and has thrown behind Jonathan (positive or negative) has opened up a new frontier in eastern relations, and everyone has sensed this.

This isn't an attack on any region, it's just the fact. People are threatening the east with being locked out of the centre because they are threatened, they are no longer referring to the Igbo, or if they are, they have reverted to the time honoured Nigerian convention of referring to Eastern Nigeria as Igbo, because ultimately, that's how they've viewed the east all along, as a disunited "Igbo" people, and what that represents is that the people of eastern Nigeria have more of a legitimate national bond than the whole of Nigeria could ever feign. What I encourage is that the east continue the positive bridge building and cordial relationship. You were intermarrying and settling among each other way before Lugard and his wayward wife forced Nigeria. Yes, there were skirmishes and sometimes tensions, but you were not wiping each other out before Nigeria. Respect difference, but it seems some others want to see the east suffer because they decided not to follow the leader so to say, a united east will be the only sensible response.

NB: The east is made of the Ijo, Igbo, Ogoni, Ibibio, Efik, Defaka, Cross River Peoples, and all the subgroups and smaller groups of Cross River and Rivers States.

Lol @ this gibberish.

Someone ll just wake up and start writing rubbish.

In simple sentence, SE should hold on to south east and leave south south people alone.

Why are you forcing yourself on these people?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by proudlyhandsome: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ozin:

Don't cry for us...we are far better of with our igbo brothers than any tribe in Nigeria

See Igbo forming SS
Re: Igbobuofu.com by proudlyhandsome: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
kayode27:
@ op

Please all these are not necessary. Let peace rain.

Don't preach to these despicable and pathetic people

If it's possible, this animals would say that there is nothing like South, North, East and West.

Pls take a look at Nigeria map and tell me if the south south states are not in south south in that map and south east are equally not in south east on the map.

If you call the whole region the East and the other one d West, then who are the people that would fall into South?

Victim mentality at its peak

If Igbos are not foolish as usual, why can't they realise that the relationship btw Igbos and Ijaws is temporary? The foundation was built on tribalism and bigotry which would soon collapse..

Why is it now that Ijaws just fall in love with you when their son is no longer needed in Aso Rock? The answer is that Igbo just seize this moment You ll soon find out that you have been used by Ijaws out of hatred and your self imposed vulnerability.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

Lol @ this gibberish.

Someone ll just wake up and start writing rubbish.

In simple sentence, SE should hold on to south east and leave south south people alone.

Why are you forcing yourself on these people?

If you're not from the east then you're in the wrong place.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by SOUNDKING: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
If we are united then we will survive.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
bluster
Re: Igbobuofu.com by EzeUche(m): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
I am Igbo (Aro) and Ibibio and I support this.

But Igbos must apologize to the Ibibios about the Eyo Ita saga, and not recognizing the suffering that Ibibios suffered in defense of Biafra. They were staunch Biafrans, but we rarely hear about their suffering. My materinal side that is Ibibio suffered more than my Igbo side.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
EzeUche:
I am Igbo (Aro) and Ibibio and I support this.

But Igbos must apologize to the Ibibios about the Eyo Ita saga, and not recognizing the suffering that Ibibios suffered in defense of Biafra. They were staunch Biafrans, but we rarely hear about their suffering. My materinal side that is Ibibio suffered more than my Igbo side.

That's one thing that should be looked at in meetings, bringing up grievances he because the disunity did not come about over night. Every group in the east has contributed to disunity in some way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

650 PDP Members Defect To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS) / AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President / EFCC Grills Fowler Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.