Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Post Deleted - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Post Deleted (1982 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Deleted by makizee(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2015
Post Deleted
Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
makizee:
Fact : Fuel generally used in Nigeria is ungraded and also usually adulterated, this has effect on engine Life and Engine Performance apart from the harmful emissions that we all have to deal with, apart from vehicles, The Epileptic Power Supply in Nigeria means we also rely on generators to power our homes and businesses, thereby burning more fossil fuels that are adulterated and most likely ungraded, which is why you need

Xtreme Fuel Treatment Specialty Fluid

It significantly increases fuel economy, prolongs Engine Life, Improves Engine Performance and reduces harmful emissions

The bolded are all lies.

This and any other fuel additives are what we call "Snake Oil".

Tune up your vehicles regularly, follow manufacturers recommendation and you will get eh most usage from your vehicles.

The only ones gaining with this sham are the multi level marketers. The only one loosing are the customers who are risking damaging their vehicle engines.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Deleted by icemann(m): 2:06am On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

The bolded are all lies.

This and any other fuel additives are what we call "Snake Oil".

Tune up your vehicles regularly, follow manufacturers recommendation and you will get eh most usage from your vehicles.

The only ones gaining with this sham are the multi level marketers. The only one loosing are the customers who are risking damaging their vehicle engines.

I don't agree to that. From my experience, Chevron Techron concentrated works for me. I feel the difference and so may reviews online say the same.
So if you like call it "snake oil" good for you, but for me and other reviewers, it worked for us.
And why would a renowned company like chevron sell fake stuff?

1 Like

Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 17, 2015
icemann:

1) I don't agree to that.

2) From my experience, Chevron Techron concentrated works for me.

3) I feel the difference and so may reviews online say the same.

4) So if you like call it "snake oil" good for you, but for me and other reviewers, it worked for us.

5) And why would a renowned company like chevron sell fake stuff?

1) Excellent. Seun doesn't ask us to agree on his forum. We just have to be respectful in our disagreements.

2) Excellent. Keep using it then.

3) Excellent, it's good that you have that experience. Many online reviewers also think Hitler is the greatest human that ever lived. So where does that leave us?

4) I in fact call it snake oil and yes I feel good (but then I always do grin ) I could post the hundreds of reviewers who disagree with using snake oil but it will prove nothing. It works for you and thats what counts, for you.

5) I don't know, you'll have to ask them just like I did grin

" Question: Do I need to add a bottle of deposit control additive such as Techron® Concentrate Plus to the gasoline in my fuel tank?
Answer: If you regularly use a high-quality gasoline such as Chevron, Texaco and Caltex, you probably don't need Techron® Concentrate Plus. However, should you occasionally fill up with lower quality gasoline, you may need Techron Concentrate Plus to help clean up deposits that can build up over time. In addition, if you have an engine that is sensitive to deposit formation, or if your vehicle is regularly used under severe conditions, you may also benefit from using Techron Concentrate Plus."

http://www.techron.com/what-is-techron/questions-answers.aspx#

The issue is two fold:

1) This requires accurate ratio. Only a die hard motorist will know the exact volume of gas in his car and then pour the exact ratio of additive required. Most keyboard experts have never cracked open an engine before. Especially an engine that they've owned from brand new and used only regular gas from a trusted brand. If one does that then you'll realize that you're just tossing money away.

2) These additives are harsh, they have to be harsh in order to be able to clean deposits. So when proper ratio is not used then you have a situation where the oil is diluted from leakages from the bore.

So yes I do not use "Snake Oils" in any of my cars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Deleted by icemann(m): 12:58am On Apr 20, 2015
CityNG:

1) Excellent. Seun doesn't ask us to agree on his forum. We just have to be respectful in our disagreements.

2) Excellent. Keep using it then.

3) Excellent, it's good that you have that experience. Many online reviewers also think Hitler is the greatest human that ever lived. So where does that leave us?

4) I in fact call it snake oil and yes I feel good (but then I always do grin ) I could post the hundreds of reviewers who disagree with using snake oil but it will prove nothing. It works for you and thats what counts, for you.

5) I don't know, you'll have to ask them just like I did grin

" Question: Do I need to add a bottle of deposit control additive such as Techron® Concentrate Plus to the gasoline in my fuel tank?
Answer: If you regularly use a high-quality gasoline such as Chevron, Texaco and Caltex, you probably don't need Techron® Concentrate Plus. However, should you occasionally fill up with lower quality gasoline, you may need Techron Concentrate Plus to help clean up deposits that can build up over time. In addition, if you have an engine that is sensitive to deposit formation, or if your vehicle is regularly used under severe conditions, you may also benefit from using Techron Concentrate Plus."

http://www.techron.com/what-is-techron/questions-answers.aspx#

The issue is two fold:

1) This requires accurate ratio. Only a die hard motorist will know the exact volume of gas in his car and then pour the exact ratio of additive required. Most keyboard experts have never cracked open an engine before. Especially an engine that they've owned from brand new and used only regular gas from a trusted brand. If one does that then you'll realize that you're just tossing money away.

2) These additives are harsh, they have to be harsh in order to be able to clean deposits. So when proper ratio is not used then you have a situation where the oil is diluted from leakages from the bore.

So yes I do not use "Snake Oils" in any of my cars.

Lets do a summary of what we are talking about and correct me if i'm wrong.

OP: Fuel in Nigeria is mostly ungraded and also usually adulterated, Use Xtreme Fuel Treatment( The brand name) to help clean your car fuel system.
You: All fuel Treatment are fake (Snake oil)
Me: I recommend Chevron Techron. Works well for me.
You: Still maintain my point(snake oil). You Quote the Chevron Techron website and this is what they said "if you have an engine that is sensitive to deposit formation, or if your vehicle is regularly used under severe conditions, you may also benefit from using Techron Concentrate Plus."

At this point i don't know what you are arguing about because you are quoting a website that validates my statement.

Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 20, 2015
icemann:

Lets do a summary of what we are talking about and correct me if i'm wrong.

OP: Fuel in Nigeria is mostly ungraded and also usually adulterated, Use Xtreme Fuel Treatment( The brand name) to help clean your car fuel system.
You: All fuel Treatment are fake (Snake oil)
Me: I recommend Chevron Techron. Works well for me.
You: Still maintain my point(snake oil). You Quote the Chevron Techron website and this is what they said "if you have an engine that is sensitive to deposit formation, or if your vehicle is regularly used under severe conditions, you may also benefit from using Techron Concentrate Plus."

At this point i don't know what you are arguing about because you are quoting a website that validates my statement.

We see what we want to see.

Just like you want to believe that you need any additive, you also want to believe that the website is supporting your stance when it's clearly not.

At this point I'll leave you alone. It seems you just want to regurgitate and I'm not down with that.
Re: Post Deleted by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2015
For any other person that wants more proof that this is a scam product please take time to read this link

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=127719

A few highlights:

"If what they are saying is true, your engine will either melt or explode. You can not just change burning point of gasoline engine if it was not designed for that specific temperature. Another lie that most of the fuel is wasted in the engine. About 98% of fuel is burned in the engine during normal conditions. Another lie: if you add fuel additive in fuel compartment it is not going to lubricate pistons. Patented and registered by EPA does not mean to be approved by EPA. It only means that it is safe to move and does not contain dangerous chemicals. In fact, chances are it is just a vinegar.

This is an old story. There has been 100s of these products pushed through MLMs and direct sales. None of them worked and all of them failed EPA test. EPA approval is a golden standard for any fuel additive. Those that pass are added by oil companies to their fuels. If they want to prove that their product works, tell them submit to EPA test. But I doubt they will.

Also, guys. This can not be their first try. Can anybody investigate previous reincarnations of this "product"?"

So here's the bottom line. Nigeria autoist seems to be behind the ball because we've discounted these scammy products since the 80's here in the US.

++++++++++++++++++++

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Acura 3.2TL 2002 Model / How Many Days Can A 2000naira Fuel Last You? / I Need Help For my 2000 Model Maxima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.