Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (45523 Views)

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by talk2xp: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
They dig up this nonsense every 2 years to console themselves.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-inches-closer-to-oil-producing-status/152193/

I tire for u o. Why u dey vex nah, u wan enta lagoon ni? This just d beginning and an unending emotional breakdown for u. Just hang in there. Ode oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Arysexy(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2015
Can We now have biafra and niger Delta republics? Atleast the master can now see reason to solidify d relationship with her slave.

Anambra, Imo n abia oil is more than Enough for biafra..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Joshkid(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
We don dey hear the story tey tey!
There is no drop of oil in Lagos
#Change is here!
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Rawani: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2015
erico2k2:

I'm a mechanical Engineer, I can tell you that finding traces of oil in one field its not the issue but the sustainability and the economic relevance is what determines if you get oil out or not.have you stop for once and asked yourself why the USA only just began drilling Oil right about now also the UK inclusive?is cos they found cheaper ways of drilling these oils, now question, would it be cheap to drill oil in Lagos state? would the output compliment the overheads?these are what investors check B4 they throw their monies into ventures.Look at the ND with more than 50 years exploration, what has the region got to show for it?if you ask me,OIL is a curse rather than blessing..

How exactly does what you scribbled up there relate to mechanical engineering?
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by winnieG1(m): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
GodMode:

Ondo is a state in the South West.

Ondo is also an oil producing state.

Ondo has been producing oil for years...

I don't see why oil discovery in Lagos is a big deal..
Bro

Bros it does not work that way, Lagos may have Oil but just because Ondo has. I did my Youth service in Ese-Odo LGA in Ondo state, let me inform you that only 2 LGAs are oil producing in Ondo State viz; Ese-Odo and Ilaje. Out of these 2 LGAs, Ese-Odo is Oil prospecting (Up till today not even a barrel of oil has been produced there tho' OSOPADEC allocavate fund to them as oil producing LGA). Only 1 Oil company (Exxon Mobil) is located at Orioke near Igbokoda - Ilaje LGA), Obat is just there for fishery.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by talk2xp: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2015
pbs4real:
Gud news 2 ambode and his godfather tinubu,another way 2 get mre cash in dre pocket. . APC!

Cry me a bar beach. Lol. No be today godfather things start for politics. So why d beef abi na point and kill abt Lasgidi.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Sby(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by mmsen: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2015
GodMode:

Oil is a blessing

The leaders are a curse...

I don't know Nigerians always avoid blaming the leaders...

Lagos is okay today because Fashola did a below average work unlike Tinubu who let Lagos smell and kept it dirty.

Ambode is yet to work..

I just dey observe.

Nigerians blame their leaders all the time.

What almost never happens is for people to look at how their cultural practices have set them up to fail.

Unless you change how things are done and the mentality of the people you will end up with the bad leaders drawn from a rotten population.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Arysexy(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2015
UncleJudax:

Quit the tribal chant bruh. There has always been oil in Yorubaland...abi Ondo people no be Yoruba?

I tire for una sha...everything is tribalised.

Yes u have red oil in yorubaland But d crude oil in ondo belongs to d ilajes who were geographically carved into ondo.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Joshkid(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2015
stronger:

This is great news.

However, I am more interested in when the OIL WILL DRY UP IN NIGERIA!!

Gosh!! It's been an immense curse! Curse! angry angry
#Change smiley
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by mmsen: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2015
Rawani:

I'm no expert but drilling would entail engineering.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Bluffly: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2015
prof1990:
Good development.....by 2020 I see nigeria amongst the top10 countries in the world

Just like that without doing the needy
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by jammani(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Even kwara discovered oil of recent

God bless the Yoruba nation

and few others.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by bogolobango(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Ope oooo jesu nd allah eyin omoluabi nairaland ile yoruba oni baje oo

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by mcocolok(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Can you explain the geologica principle to us please.I fail to see how oil in Niger Delta MUST mean oil in Lagos and also why not off the coast of Ondo?

Bros Abeg help me ask the zobo.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by emmykk(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2015
Lagos is not oil producing state.if Lagos is classified as oil producing state there we be problems.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by martineverest(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2015
I still believe dat oil is d major cause of nigeria problems....it has done more harm than good.i just hope d incoming govt can make a difference
mulattoclaro:
Recently three areas in Edo State was discovered to possess very large amount of oil. I just hope it will be of more good than harm. Oil companies are already coming into Edo State. So far they're three oil companies in Edo State.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Bluffly: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Arysexy:

Yes u have red oil in yorubaland But d crude oil in ondo belongs to d ilajes who were geographically carved into ondo.

I think, the idea of Oil producing states needs to be scrapped.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by abu12: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2015
[size=16pt]change is here, kogi state will b the first northern state to join oil producing in nigeria by august 2015, kogi will recover it stolen oilwell back from anambra [/size]
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by martineverest(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Cos oil drilling engineering is a branch of pet.eng dats mostly mechanical
Rawani:

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by sCun: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2015
abu12:
[size=16pt]change is here, kogi state will b the first northern state to join oil producing in nigeria by august 2015, kogi will recover it stolen oilwell back from anambra [/size]
Keep dreaming...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Missmoney(f): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-inches-closer-to-oil-producing-status/152193/
those dat doesn't luv gud news, gud news neva go deir way.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Missmoney(f): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
those dat doesn't luv gud news, gud news neva go deir way. Take it or leave it!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Ujupsy: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

We now have Ondo and Lagos state.

Ogun state oil has been discovered but yet to be harnessed

At the end of the day, 3 states out of 6 are more than enough for us to sustain Odua economy. We don't even need it as our source of revenue but domestic usage only.

Odua economy must go back to what it was before.

Looking forward to have my brothers and sisters from Kogi and Kwara states among us. Shout out to them.
Sorry go tell your past hero who are the brain. behind one Nigeria when the oil start rolling be sure you fell what Niger delta felt
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by winnieG1(m): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2015
Arysexy:

Not to be tribalistic but do you know that those communities have common boundary with Delta State. the name of the village where the oil is being mined ther is Ogorogo village and they speak delta -ijaw language. if you dare remind them that they are Yoruba, they 'll curse to the end. I know this because i lived with them at my building and worked with some of them at the Local government HQ for 1 yr. I had a friend called Francis Okoro but he does not even know how to speak igbo or Yoruba, only izon language.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by demelza: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2015
erico2k2:

I'm a mechanical Engineer, I can tell you that finding traces of oil in one field its not the issue but the sustainability and the economic relevance is what determines if you get oil out or not.have you stop for once and asked yourself why the USA only just began drilling Oil right about now also the UK inclusive?is cos they found cheaper ways of drilling these oils, now question, would it be cheap to drill oil in Lagos state? would the output compliment the overheads?these are what investors check B4 they throw their monies into ventures.Look at the ND with more than 50 years exploration, what has the region got to show for it?if you ask me,OIL is a curse rather than blessing..
Oil is a curse for the Niger-Deltans because they allowed it so. No idîot can come into Yoruba enclave and use our brain for football practice. We will make our own oil a blessing.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Equado(m): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2015
olawalepopoola:
I am a geologist and I had always told people that there is no way you will find oil in Niger Delta and Ghana and you'll will find it in Lagos! Now we Yorubas have it all! Land, water, oil, mineral resources and intellectual!
bros, am a practising geophysicist...and ill like to ask you..how exactly would oil form In lag? Since you're a "geologist"

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by SenatorM(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2015
There is No single drop of oil in Lagos as a Geologist

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Igwe9(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Something tells me that this if true can only be more money to some selected few, still wondering what positive change that has brought to people of the beneficial states in general.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by CHEAPDATASOLTN(m): 10:49am On Apr 16, 2015
YEA. THIS IS PROGRESS

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by mulattoclaro(m): 10:50am On Apr 16, 2015
martineverest:
I still believe dat oil is d major cause of nigeria problems....it has done more harm than good.i just hope d incoming govt can make a difference
oil is not the problem but the greed of the north is the problem. I've always clamoured for state autonomy. Let every state control it's resources but the north due to the fact that they're poverty stricken won't want. If state autonomy is implemented today the north will go into extinction because we feed them and the nation at large. The first thing we need to do is to start revoking the oil wells in some of their possession. Kaduna has no business having a refinery cos it's not an oil producing state. A refinery should be built in Edo State as a result of the mega barrels of oil it has in Oriohimwon, Ovia and egor. A refinery should also be built in anambra. Oil is the only natural resource countries like the UAE, Iraq, Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Libya, South Sudan, Morrocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Oman and Qatar has but they until utilise it properly. The Nigeria economy also needs to be dualised.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2015
olawalepopoola:
I am a geologist and I had always told people that there is no way you will find oil in Niger Delta and Ghana and you'll will find it in Lagos! Now we Yorubas have it all! Land, water, oil, mineral resources and intellectual!
if I hear...10000 barrels per day...whats that...!!!!....

Well we niger deltans will be glad to let you guys enjoy your meager oil produce and secede from all you straws sucking the niger delta from time immemorial... angry....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Enters Dock For Fresh Arraignment / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / Woman Spotted Sleeping At NASS Inauguration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.