Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? (505 Views)

Which Girl Do I Decide On? / Would You Let Your Partner Rock Any Of These Pants? / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by LoudJams: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2015
This is for guys...
Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by FLAWLES(f): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Maybe
Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by falconey(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2015
I am my pastor.
Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by sinizia: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2015
When I'm not mad?

My parents can't even decide who I'll marry talk more of another person that's not family. Not possible.

It's my marriage, my life, my future, my choice, my pain or joy; and I'm sure as hell not letting anyone decide for me.

I'll make the decision with my future wife, and bear whatever consequences that emerges from it, good or bad, with her.
Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by LoudJams: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2015
I'm in that boat at the moment....
Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by llouis: 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
a pastor is another fancy name for a "shepherd", so, it is within his or her job description to take care of his or her sheep, nurture them and bring them up in the faith and admonition of our Lord.

a pastor should have and manifest at least 2 of the 9 manifestations of the gifts of the Ghost Of Holies (speaking in unknown tongues being one of them), thus allowing him to be used and directly manipulated by God to edify the body of Christ.

This aside, he has no power to decide my future; he can only provide counsel and prophecy by word of wisdom and word of knowledge (what some others call clairvoyance, ESP or precognition).

Now the future comes to us an hour at a time, with the gifts of the Spirit he may be able to see when I am to get married or who I am to marry but he cannot or rather should not decide when the event will happen. Our lives have already been lived; as already witnessed by the Eyes of He who sees all possible futures within all conceivable timelines (its just like watching a replay of your favourite match; you know how it will play out and who will score, but the players in the match {at that moment} do not know), and when it is time for my marriage or wedding to manifest, prophecy will be given or revelation, so we can prepare ahead of time. This is why we are encouraged to earnestly covet spiritual gifts so with the influence of YHVH (YAHWEH) we can under His influence project our consciousness forward into time so we can see what happens (before it does or as it should)...

So, my pastor cannot decide for me the chronologically estimated future-history of my wedding that has already been written before time (the interruption of eternity) began. Spiritual technicality tells me he lacks the authority and ability to do so. If he can see the actual time, month, year or date and tell me, fine, but, he cannot just choose a random date for me absent divine instruction and revelation because he is my spiritual father.

But should you choose to allow him do so, I guess there is no problem as long as you are also aware and sensitive to the leading of the Spirit (so you can know if he didn't see it well) or if you are not sensitive, you are prepared for the challenges that would germinate from allowing someone else decide a future for you that should be his or your responsibility to spiritually discern. For me I'd rather see things accurately before they happen, as I don't do damage control.

A lot of us are spiritually deaf and blind (due to our own choice) so we would rather have someone who we regard as a "man of God" "see" our futures and plan our lives for us. Just remember you can always and easily discern your future and God's plan for your life as he or she would have, if you are ready to seek God out. Sometimes we may not see it clearly or accurately, but I believe if we blind ourselves to presumptuous sin and distractions we can hear the very will of God and see our destiny through Heaven's eyes.

SELAH!

For those who find my post too religious or spiritual, please bear with me; I am a christian by default (it means if you shut me down and restart me my default settings would always revert to me walking in the consciousness of the supernatural and the prophetic), so, feel free to bash my head over with your religious (or not) school of thought as well; I love headaches that stem from my mind trying to expand beyond its current level of enlightened elasticity.

Arigatou gozarimas! (Thanks a bunch!)

1 Like

Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by LewisO: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Did i decide for my pastor when he/she get married?

1 Like

Re: Would you let your pastor decide when you get married? by LoudJams: 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
llouis:
a pastor is another fancy name for a "shepherd", so, it is within his or her job description to take care of his or her sheep, nurture them and bring them up in the faith and admonition of our Lord.

a pastor should have and manifest at least 2 of the 9 manifestations of the gifts of the Ghost Of Holies (speaking in unknown tongues being one of them), thus allowing him to be used and directly manipulated by God to edify the body of Christ.

This aside, he has no power to decide my future; he can only provide counsel and prophecy by word of wisdom and word of knowledge (what some others call clairvoyance, ESP or precognition).

Now the future comes to us an hour at a time, with the gifts of the Spirit he may be able to see when I am to get married or who I am to marry but he cannot or rather should not decide when the event will happen. Our lives have already been lived; as already witnessed by the Eyes of He who sees all possible futures within all conceivable timelines (its just like watching a replay of your favourite match; you know how it will play out and who will score, but the players in the match {at that moment} do not know), and when it is time for my marriage or wedding to manifest, prophecy will be given or revelation, so we can prepare ahead of time. This is why we are encouraged to earnestly covet spiritual gifts so with the influence of YHVH (YAHWEH) we can under His influence project our consciousness forward into time so we can see what happens (before it does or as it should)...

So, my pastor cannot decide for me the chronologically estimated future-history of my wedding that has already been written before time (the interruption of eternity) began. Spiritual technicality tells me he lacks the authority and ability to do so. If he can see the actual time, month, year or date and tell me, fine, but, he cannot just choose a random date for me absent divine instruction and revelation because he is my spiritual father.

But should you choose to allow him do so, I guess there is no problem as long as you are also aware and sensitive to the leading of the Spirit (so you can know if he didn't see it well) or if you are not sensitive, you are prepared for the challenges that would germinate from allowing someone else decide a future for you that should be his or your responsibility to spiritually discern. For me I'd rather see things accurately before they happen, as I don't do damage control.

A lot of us are spiritually deaf and blind (due to our own choice) so we would rather have someone who we regard as a "man of God" "see" our futures and plan our lives for us. Just remember you can always and easily discern your future and God's plan for your life as he or she would have, if you are ready to seek God out. Sometimes we may not see it clearly or accurately, but I believe if we blind ourselves to presumptuous sin and distractions we can hear the very will of God and see our destiny through Heaven's eyes.

SELAH!

For those who find my post too religious or spiritual, please bear with me; I am a christian by default (it means if you shut me down and restart me my default settings would always revert to me walking in the consciousness of the supernatural and the prophetic), so, feel free to bash my head over with your religious (or not) school of thought as well; I love headaches that stem from my mind trying to expand beyond its current level of enlightened elasticity.

Arigatou gozarimas! (Thanks a bunch!)

thanks for your comments,...

(1) (Reply)

Parents, Here Are Tips To Help You Locate Good Schools / My Favourite Anti-pick Up Lines / You Can Be Free From Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.