Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike (12335 Views)

Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / Photos Of Stranded Passengers At The Airport Due To Fuel Scarcity / Nigeria's Elections: Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by hardywaltz(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2015
Passengers across the Federation are stranded at airports due to an on going strike action by Air Traffic Controller.
I have been at the ph airport since 6:45am only to be informed that flight have been delayed indefinitely due to strike by Air Traffic Controllers.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/national-air-traffic-control-strike-all.html?m=1

lalasticlala and other mods kindly move to Front Page so intending passengers can take note.
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2015
Ouch

Where is the transformation in the aviation sector?

Looks like the kudi went.....elsewhere.

Ah well....run the airports as private concerns....and not only would they improve...but might be a big source of revenue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by Decapo: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2015
Wetin cause am
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by cutekenneth(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2015
naija sha...every sectors embarking on strike....commercial bus driver will soon embarked on theirs very soon...
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by orpeeh: 11:09am On Apr 16, 2015
what a waste of time
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by slaknoah(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Ouch

Ah well....run the airports as private concerns....and not only would they improve...but might be a big source of revenue.

pathetic
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by KUNZEH(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2015
wetin concern me?! BRT lo sure ju
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by jaybee3(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2015
What exactly are they fighting for?

Didn't they warn the authorities before embarking on the strike?

Why cripple a fragile economy like ours

Here is the reason for the warning strike:

"Air traffic controllers across the country Thursday Morning embarked on a six hours warning strike to draw the attention of the management of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency ( NAMA), to epileptic air navigation equipment as well as failure to address welfare issues raised last year. The warning strike according to sources is a prelude ..."

1 Like

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2015
slaknoah:

pathetic

Indeed....Nigerian aviation is pathetic.

No national airline, no good aviation policy....just...renovation of airports.

Privatize the airports. It is because govt runs too many things in this country that it cannot fund everything adequately.

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children she did not know what to do

1 Like

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by martyns303(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Ouch

Big man, say the ones you know. ATC going on strike has nothing to do with transformation and money spent renovating the airports, it could be as a result of policies implemented by the Government that didn't go well with the controllers. The French controllers went on strike a few weeks back, causing cancellation of hundreds of flights. Are u saying the French Government is inadequate too? I don't know why we are quick to condemn ours, nothing wrong with a bit of criticism but we need to learn to love ours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by chizitelu16: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2015
GOD HELP DIS NATION
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by tellwisdom: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2015
Ok, we don hear sey u wan enter plane undecided

1 Like

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by kay1one2(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2015
Sad. I know how annoying it can be to be delayed at the airport!
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by kay1one2(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2015
taiwoflb:
everybody in Nigeria now is going on strike, I wish a law will be passed that will stop some professions from going to strike.

You're dreaming!
I say a limit should rather be placed on the amount of months an association can be on strike!
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2015
martyns303:

Big man, say the ones you know. ATC going on strike has nothing to do with transformation and money spent renovating the airports, it could be as a result of policies implemented by the Government that didn't go well with the controllers. The French controllers went on strike a few weeks back, causing cancellation of hundreds of flights. Are u saying the French Government is inadequate too? I don't know why we are quick to condemn ours, nothing wrong with a bit of criticism but we need to learn to love ours.

Things could be always much better in Nigeria...you know....
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by Jannie1999(f): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2015
Na only strike full naija
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by doofanc: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2015
I am at NA airport Abuja departure lounge. the place be like market place
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by geniusmedia: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Observing
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by doofanc: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2015
been here since 9am. my flight was due for 930am. tempers don't dey flare
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by hardywaltz(m): 11:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Flight has finally been announced...

Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by sademola: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2015
hardywaltz:
Flight has finally been announced...

Don't be deceived! I boarded medview since 8:30am at Abuja and was just asked to disembark after 3hrs in the plane!
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by hardywaltz(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2015
sademola:

Don't be deceived! I boarded medview since 8:30am at Abuja and was just asked to disembarked after 3hrs in the plane!
Ooh no
There seems to be some picketing around the foot of the aircraft
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by vanagon99(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2015
lots of delay this morning
but as at 15minutes ago i think they started to board
hope the matter is resolved as quick as possible.
one nation
Nigeria
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by richidinho(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2015
Lolz

I have been here since 6.30am

I was hoping to catch up wt Obama's flight to Cuba, now see me am still here in Nigeria
Re: Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike by doofanc: 11:46am On Apr 16, 2015
vanagon99:
lots of delay this morning
but as at 15minutes ago i think they started to board
hope the matter is resolved as quick as possible.
one nation
Nigeria

ur also at Abuja? the flights do far announced have been international ones. no local flight has left today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad Reality: Nigerians In Tokyo / How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family / Cheap Domestic Flight Ticket Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.