Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? (7892 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Mobil-1 5w20 And 5w-30 Oil / Coastal Oil 5w 30 - Reviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by sooperrescue(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2016
Like I said earlier, the only engine oil from your stable that was certified by PQIA is the Duramax synthetic blend, and not your full synthetic which you are promoting here in Nigeria.

The Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) is an independent resource for information and insights on the quality of lubricants in the marketplace. Our mission is to serve the consumer of lubricants by randomly sampling and independently testing lubricants taken from the field. Test results are posted along with the brand names on the PQIA website. This webpage provides an analysis on the brand detailed below.
http://www.pqiadata.org/DuraMax5W30.html

The following are the test results for the sample examined.

DuraMAX Liquid Armor
SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend
Product: DuraMAX Liquid Armor
Viscosity Grade: SAE 5W-30
Labeling: API SN/ ILSAC GF-5
"Powered by: RelaDyne", Blue Ash, OH
Purchased at: Richmond, IN

Date of purchase: 4/5/2015

Website(s): www.reladyne.com
Test Results and Assessment:
The results of the tests conducted on this sample meet the SAE J300 specifications for the SAE Viscosity Grade listed on the product label, and are consistent with the listed API Service Categories.
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by USPlaceofAutos: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
sooperrescue:
Like I said earlier, the only engine oil from your stable that was certified by PQIA is the Duramax synthetic blend, and not your full synthetic which you are promoting here in Nigeria.

The Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) is an independent resource for information and insights on the quality of lubricants in the marketplace. Our mission is to serve the consumer of lubricants by randomly sampling and independently testing lubricants taken from the field. Test results are posted along with the brand names on the PQIA website. This webpage provides an analysis on the brand detailed below.
http://www.pqiadata.org/DuraMax5W30.html

The following are the test results for the sample examined.

DuraMAX Liquid Armor
SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend
Product: DuraMAX Liquid Armor
Viscosity Grade: SAE 5W-30
Labeling: API SN/ ILSAC GF-5
"Powered by: RelaDyne", Blue Ash, OH
Purchased at: Richmond, IN

Date of purchase: 4/5/2015

Website(s): www.reladyne.com
Test Results and Assessment:
The results of the tests conducted on this sample meet the SAE J300 specifications for the SAE Viscosity Grade listed on the product label, and are consistent with the listed API Service Categories.

Sir, Thank you for all the research you are doing on DuraMAX Motor Oil. So far, with the information you have brought out you have also shown Nairalanders that DuraMAX Motor Oil is manufactured by a reputable company. You started this by saying "If anyone is selling oil and it has not been certified by American quality pertroleum institute, ignore it. Just google the institute, and if the oil is not there, run from the oil no matter the packaging." and we have been able to prove to you that DuraMAX is API certified.

Now you are talking about Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA). This is another organisation entirely and they assure the quality or standards of lubricants from their own perspective in the US marketplace also just as in the case of Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System (EOLCS) or American Petroleum Institute's After Market Audit Program (AMAP) and so on.

Still, the best way to check that DuraMAX Motor Oil (synthetic blend or full synthetic) or any other oil claimed to be manufactured in the USA is of quality is checking out the "starburst symbol" that indicates the oil has been tested and meets the standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and It also provides the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) viscosity number and tells you if the oil has passed the Energy Conserving test.

Bodies that checks standards of oil includes: (copied from google)
*American Petroleum Institute (API)
*The International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC)
*Association des Constructeurs Européens d'Automobiles (ACEA)
*The Japanese Automotive Standards Organization (JASO)
etc.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by sooperrescue(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
I knew about Duramax a long time ago. There was this lady that works with you, Kemi who was told to send me the certifications of the full synthetic and she sent the synthetic blend to me. Like you rightly claimed, any oil that is not certified by these bodies is not good but there is an independent body that verifies the claims of these lube manufacturers. Can you believe the certification of Standards Organisation of Nigeria on Oando Oleum Syn? Does SON have a laboratory for testing such lubricants? If the Duramax full synthetic is good, the PQIA would have done its own analysis and certified it. Unless you are telling us that the PQIA is not recognised and you will find out even the producers of duramax are actively involved in supporting the institute. Why is the full synthetic of duramax not certified by PQIA? With all the ilsac 5,SN, no dexos or 1 dexos, they only certified the synthetic blend as conforming to the claims they made. Like I stated earlier on, Duramax synthetic does not have the properties that Mobil 1 USA and Castrol has that reduces engine noise and lower rpms. I just discovered that Penzoil is being sold in Nigeria and it is good news to my clients' engines. Try and sell the synthetic blend and then you can point to many organisations that have certified the oil.
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by USPlaceofAutos: 10:26am On Nov 09, 2016
Traveling this season? Does your car need servicing? Are you in need of an Engine Oil meets the requirements of API Service SN and ILSAC GF-5 warranty, Chrysler MS-6395T, Ford WSS-M2C945-A, Ford WSS-M2C930-A, GM 6094M, Honda and Toyota as well as most import and domestic models?

Then think DuraMAX Full Synthetic Engine Oil. The Engine oil That puts more money in your pocket wink.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by autotrader2: 11:14am On Nov 09, 2016
And for all you Toyota and Lexus owners, you need to have the OEM recommended Oil running in your engines. Stick to what your manufacturer prescribed, Toyota Motor Oil 5W20 and 5W30

https://www.nairaland.com/2880651/us-engine-oils-toyota-motor/11
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by ironheart(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
USPlaceofAutos:
Traveling this season? Does your car need servicing? Are you in need of an Engine Oil meets the requirements of API Service SN and ILSAC GF-5 warranty, Chrysler MS-6395T, Ford WSS-M2C945-A, Ford WSS-M2C930-A, GM 6094M, Honda and Toyota as well as most import and domestic models?

Then think DuraMAX Full Synthetic Engine Oil. The Engine oil That puts more money in your pocket wink.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
how much for a 5w30 gallon? Full synthetic
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by USPlaceofAutos: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Distributors needed for DuraMAX Full Synthetic Motor Oil Nationwide.

DuraMAX 5W20
DuraMAX 0w20
DuraMAX 5W30

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by solomon4all: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2017
You can get all brand of ammasco lubricant oil in our lagos office at Apapa 07064185109

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by tsiriman(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2017
Bought this in Konga for N21,500 including delivery.

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by autotrader2: 11:05am On Jan 17, 2017
tsiriman:
Bought this in Konga for N21,500 including delivery.

You can get the Toyota Oil (made by the same mobil-1 people) for far less. @3k per litre (Quart). That's some huge savings. Contact us for both the 5w30 and 5w20 via 09086679585. Same day shipping from PH

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by tsiriman(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
autotrader2:

You can get the Toyota Oil (made by the same mobil-1 people) for far less. @3k per litre (Quart). That's some huge savings. Contact us for both the 5w30 and 5w20 via 09086679585. Same day shipping from PH

I use a Honda.
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by autotrader2: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
tsiriman:

I use a Honda.

shocked . See why a forum like this is good. For your information, Toyota Oil can be used on all engines( not just Toyota and Lexus) with the same viscosity requirements. I just gave you a clue, Toyota Oil is actually made by ExxonMobil and branded for Toyota! The oil can be used by all vehicles with the same Oil viscosity requirements.
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by Saintp(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Plz guys,
What is the difference between synthetic blend 5w30 and full synthetic 5w30?

When a manual recommends 5w30 it doesn't specify full synthetic or synthetic blend. so which of them should we go for?
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by autotrader2: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2017
Saintp:
Plz guys,
What is the difference between synthetic blend 5w30 and full synthetic 5w30?

When a manual recommends 5w30 it doesn't specify full synthetic or synthetic blend. so which of them should we go for?

Subject has been dealt with too many times here. Just Google it. On second thoughts, you can also use the pricing as a differentiator.
Genuine Toyota Motor Oil available. Call 09086679585
Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by pankere(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2017
The best oil ive used yet! Its available in Lagos but im not sure of other parts of the country. And its US made

Re: Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? by USPlaceofAutos: 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
DuraMAX Full Synthetic Motor Oil is API rated and is available in the following SAE 5W-20, SAE 5W-30 and SAE 0W-20

...the engine oil that puts more money in your pocket

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

❗Don't Buy A Car Without Inviting Me To Inspect It For You❗❗ / Car Jerks After Driving Through Puddles / Honda Accord Vs Toyota Camry, Which Would You Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.