Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24213 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thank you for your contributions@Missclassy, Naijaboiy, Karshibarbie and Emusmith.

@ Missclassy. The oldies are not saying things should be done like it was before. We are saying that there should be sanity among us. There is no fun in insulting or trolling. Being an oldie doesn't mean you are more intelligent than the newbies

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by SleekyP(m): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm....
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
jaybee3:
Romance section is extremely limited

Drastic action => Merge it with the family section
Dang!! The end of family section

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by sinizia: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Funny enough, those that have now turned saints, sanctimonious, and mature folks giving "placating" advices, are the chief antagonists that have ruined this section. I've seen some advices so far and it's funny to me because the advisers are the culprits. They're the ones derailing each thread, talking about weeds and what-not, engaging in different virtual fights. Polymonikeering, having up to 10 monikers and feeling fly about it. Creating dumb threads. But suddenly, no-one is guilty? cheesycheesy I even saw a chief derailer writing down good hints like he's not the among those that wantonly plunge threads and have them spiraling downwards. Ok o.

Wasn't it at the Diary Section chat thread that two Nairlanders notified the forum owner of a glitch they noticed about this/his site. Guess what? They ended up getting banned for their good intentions. I still can't believe it till now. As for me, I don't bother one bit. Any how I meet any section, I flow with it. I absorb the good messages I can sparsely see, enjoy some few fights, sift out the BS and move on with my life. Life itself is enough worry for me to bother myself with the shenanigans on this section. No time to check time!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jaybee3(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Dang!! The end of family section
The demise of the romance section started from the unofficial policy of moving interesting/stimulating topics to the family section so they can receive the quality of attention as required.

This has to be revisited for consideration since most if not all topics in these two sections are interrelated

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Rapzino: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
Very true.
Everything happening now in this section is a phase, with time it will pass.
Lets give everyone time.

The acclaimed oldies, I do see them on controversial threads too. I can count how many topics they have created recently. I can also count how many of them post sensibly, so...everyone is guilty one way or the other.
so true dear
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:

A popular member creates a thread and everyone just rushes in like the person is giving free recharge cards, while meaningful and educative threads of those that aren't all that popular, get washed down the drain.

People need to stop all this _ass-licking, sycophantic approach to things on this section

~ 111% correct ...!
A particular girl/woman created a thread here some weeks ago that read ''Hottest male in romance sect. or something like that" ...
On the face value that thread shouldn't even go beyond 2 pages but due to the popularity of the person, the mindless drones just rushed the thread and made it seem like it was actually very reasonable. It had more than 15 pages at the end of the day !

We can also start bybcensoring retardedd topics ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
jaybee3:

The demise of the romance section started from the unofficial policy of moving interesting/stimulating topics to the family section so they can receive the quality of attention as required.

This has to be revisited for consideration since most if not all topics in these two sections are interrelated
Only if we can get interesting topics at least every 12 hours on romance section
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
~ The problem is not with derailing or e-fights

Those things can never be removed .. Its part of what makes here lively or do you think its these boring girls that's keeping me here? ..

but excessiveness shouldn't be condoned and stalking I.e following a user from one thread to another to start trouble ..
Facebook is the worst..

There's a particular site(American). Its actually a secret teenage blog, similar to nl .
They usually give awards to trolls of the month.
maybe we should start it here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by alberto2k(m): 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
My contribution...

I think there're certain users/trolls that needs to be banned for life.

Those who gains joy in attacking and insulting fellow members

Those that creates unless threads should be given warnings, followed by a fair ban

And we should be more organized with the planning of events here just like naija.boiy mentioned in his post

And please let's say no to derailing, am guilty of this embarassed

And please, make una give weedstars special place to misbehave. . . We hate the fact that we ruin some fine FP material thread just like an incident that happened yesterday when we successfully derailed harry.sterol's thread

And talking about the age limit thing, it ain't gonna work, cuz there's an edit profile option where u can change your age and everything.. Gracias muy amigo smiley

Ehmm... That's my 2wrap,

Cc: xynerise
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:
~ The problem is not with derailing or e-fights

Those things can never be removed .. Its part of what makes here lively or do you think its these boring girls that's keeping me here? ..

but excessiveness shouldn't be condoned and stalking I.e following a user from one thread to another to start trouble ..
Facebook is the worst..

There's a particular site(American). Its actually a secret teenage blog, similar to nl .
They usually give awards to trolls of the month.
maybe we should start it here cheesy
There was something like "End of the month/year" award but can't see that anymore
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by danbrowndmf(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
There are some set of people here(Ladies especially).i dnt know if they now think they the owner of NL,they use there popularity to create stupid thread,and weneva u try to correct them,they pick it up as an insult and also tag there other friends to come insult u,sometimes even call MOD to ban u,nd most times the MOD yield to there say.pls this set of people should be warned

The Man of the list dude,pls that dude shoule be warned also
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by redhook(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
This NL funny sha! See unknowns trying and dying 2 remain relevant 2 an audience that never even knew they existed? Bring back the glory days my ass! Na govt work? Lmfao! Its the internet post your thots, rack a bit or bounce ffs!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jaybee3(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Only if we can get interesting topics at least every 12 hours on romance section

What's in it for you though when you can easily migrate to other fun filled sections?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
alberto2k:
My contribution...

I think there're certain users/trolls that needs to be banned for life

Cc: xynerise
You know that is technically impossible. You can ban the moniker but you cannot ban the person behind it. They will create another handle. Let us just learn to ignore trolls. Don't comment on their thread and see how it dies slowly

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by sinizia: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:
First of all, all of you old timers clamoring for change, I have a question for you.
~ What do you want to revive. Is it the "fun" or the "sanity"
We have to get this straight because as far as I am concerned, "fun" is in a lot of ways a product of insanity/craziness.
The immature display you all are talking about is actually what makes this place "fun" for a lot of people.
I can give you proof of this assertion.

Everyone would agree with me that a way of measuring the degree of interest a particular thread garners, is by observing the traffic it garners.

Whenever those so called attention seeking, ass-licking threads are created, you find out that they are the ones that garner more traffic. You see it adding pages and pages and pages of controversy.

Funny enough, all you all old-timers still stay on the thread till maybe it becomes so controversial and insults are flying right, left and centre and one mod decides to thrown it into the recycle bin.
None one says anything opposing, you just stay and enjoy the thread.

Now if the case of bringing back sanity and that state of maturity to the section, a lot has to be done.

First of all the mods have a huge part to play in this
I think the mods should ban anyone who breaks any of the Nairaland rules, "STATING THE ACTUAL REASON FOR THEIR BAN"
I think sexkillz was one mod that did this.
He would ban you and tell you the particular reason for your ban.
I have seen most people in most cases complain that they don't know the reason for their ban.
How do you expect someone to make corrections when you don't categorically state the crime the person committed?

[b]Another point I would like to touch on is the high level of biasness I have noticed on this section.
Sorry If I may sound rude but it seems some super mods are partial in updating the home page with topics from romance section.

Most times you see topics that aren't really front page worthy get moved to the homepage just because the person that created the thread is a popular/respected member of the romance section.
You see intelligent threads ignored probably because the person in "unknown to everyone or the person didn't tag a mod.
This is total bullshit in my opinion and it too as large extent discourages intelligent folks from creating threads here.

Still on this, I have also noticed that the traffic a thread garners Is hugely dependent on whoever creates the thread.
A popular member creates a thread and everyone just rushes in like the person is giving free recharge cards, while meaningful and educative threads of those that aren't all that popular, get washed down the drain.[/b]

People need to stop all this _ass-licking, sycophantic approach to things on this section

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2272285_1565431_jpege5c78f0b83d649ee2ecc74302f750198

I never thought I'd ever agree with you on anything on Nairaland till this moment. You nailed it absolutely, especially the two bolded parts. I've seen few threads on this section that would lead to logical brain-storming debates, get abandoned maybe because the poster is not popular, or because it doesn't seek attention or talk about vainglorious issues. Or just maybe, debating intelligent is a crime on here. As a matter of fact, unless one just registered today, he or she should know topics of posters that would hit FP no matter the time of delay. So you see 'em derailers booking space there for cheap likes.

But like Kermit the Frog would say; "it's none of business." I enjoy the good, the bad and ugly part of the all madness.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
jaybee3:

What's in it for you though when you can easily migrate to other fun filled sections?

My brother, make we carry some people go the promise land na grin

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
"How do we move Romance section forward?"
Lmfao cheesy cheesy

See how them carry the matter for head like say na their papa work.

I agree with DarkRebel. Enough talk about the archaic generation.
Just go with the flow, take it how you see it or migrate somewhere else.

It doesn't cost a thing.

4 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by alberto2k(m): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Orijin101:

only God knows where they erupted from angry
undecided
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Rocktation(f): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
You keep adding an S to my moniker....makes me almost never know that I've been mentioned.

God bless your struggle for revival, but the truth is that this place's been flooded with too many young'uns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Fabdedon(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
alberto2k:
My contribution...

I think there're certain users/trolls that needs to be banned for life.
some of them are loved by Nairalanders and sometimes make the thread lively

Those who gains joy in attacking and insulting fellow members
kindly use the report button sir

Those that creates useless threads should be given warnings, followed by a fair ban
what qualifies a useless ban sir

And please let's say no to derailing, am guilty of this embarassed
Thank God we know grin

And please, make una give weedstars special place to misbehave. . . We hate the fact that we ruin some fine FP material thread just like an incident that happened yesterday when we successfully derailed harry.sterol's thread
he is right you know sad we just need our own bar undecided

And talking about the age limit thing, it ain't gonna work, cuz there's an edit profile option where u can change your age and everything..
age shouldnt be a barrier [/i]Gracias muy amigo smiley

Ehmm... That's my 2wrap,
[i] emm check that carton well i collect one this moring..

Cc: xynerise [/quote]
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Rocktation:
You keep adding an S to my moniker....makes me almost never know that I've been mentioned.

God bless your struggle for revival, but the truth is that this place's been flooded with too many young'uns.
grin No vex. Sounds so much like Rockstation.

Well....like someone said, migrate elsewhere if you can't change things undecided
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:
Thank you for your contributions@Missclassy, Naijaboiy, Karshibarbie and Emusmith.

@ Missclassy. The oldies are not saying things should be done like it was before. We are saying that there should be sanity among us. There is no fun in insulting or trolling. Being an oldie doesn't mean you are more intelligent than the newbies
if not for me the man of list, this place would have been boring for the past few weeks and mods love me for it
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
daviyjones:
if not for me the man of list, this place would have been boring for the past few weeks and mods love me for it
Please undecided

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Burger01:

Those ones full this section. Reason I don't frequent this section that much undecided

^^^
Here's one of them. Looking for babes cheesy sad

I never talk finish that kid don dey look for gAls. Like say this section na dating site. I've lost interest in this section tbh
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

I never talk finish that kid don dey look for gAls. Like say this section na dating site. I've lost interest in this section tbh
what d hell,u kiddin right? cheesy
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mirexxx(f): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
exactly...Romance sections has gone to the dogs smiley
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
prettythicksme:
what d hell,u kiddin right? cheesy

I'm being serious hun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Inmessage Now A Den Of Prostitutes / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her / Is Your Man Using You? (ladies Come In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.