Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,509 members, 7,801,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead (52374 Views)

Irele Mysterious Deaths: Community Begins Spiritual Cleansing (photos) / Victim Of Deadly Disease In Ode Irele / ODE IRELE In Ondo State Under Heavy Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Chibokgame: 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Mmmm.
But,
Why are these mysterious cases always coming from the West.
Even Ebola.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
To be candid,let's stop spreading unconfirmed rumour. Am married to an Irele indigene and I just called my mom-in-law to vacate the town. But she claimed that it's not air or water borne-disease. It's law of karma.
I was told some guys stole a diety that is very potent and powerful in the town and sold to some white men . It's confirmed that those that pertook in the stealing and everyone that touched the money realised from the sale of the diety die mysteriously. Those involved have started confessing. This is the fact.
You're right. I just called my uncle staying at Ondo. He said the same thing. Strange though..
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by iiiyyyk(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
Rennee:

You're right. I just called my uncle staying at Ondo. He said the same thing. Strange though..

Abeg wake up from this slumber Africans. What is the essence of our Education?
that was how locals deny and term ebola different names until it went out of hand.
Bètter coution your people......

May God never allow any Evil upon any part of nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by omazus: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
Testing your freedom of speech with men of God?
irunoobo:
[size=17pt]TIME TO TEST THE POWERS OF THE FAKE MEN OF GOD A.K.A GATE KEEPER OF HELL. THEY SHOULD GO HEAL THE BLIND IF THEY REALLY POSSESS HEALING POWERS. BIBLICAL THIEVES grin[/size]
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by iykeaniogbe(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
iyatrustee:
Dem collect GEJ money come vote for GMB

The gods of the land don vex for them. cheesy

On a serious note, I hope it is not air or water borne disease, they should try and curtail it before it spreads

It amazes me, how yu guys politicises every issue right here... They need ur prayers nt ur criticism...
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by ImmortalGod: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
OUR BODIES SHALL BE IMPENETRABLE TO SUCH DISEASE IJMN

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by lebienconnu: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
To be candid,let's stop spreading unconfirmed rumour. Am married to an Irele indigene and I just called my mom-in-law to vacate the town. But she claimed that it's not air or water borne-disease. It's law of karma.
I was told some guys stole a diety that is very potent and powerful in the town and sold to some white men . It's confirmed that those that pertook in the stealing and everyone that touched the money realised from the sale of the diety die mysteriously. Those involved have started confessing. This is the fact.

The gods are not to blame. Did any of yo kids read that book? Guess no one. Issokay.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Situation001(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
I heard there are two more cases now.. making the death toll now 27

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by omoalaro: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:     "If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Cutehector(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
hydeekam:
What is the name of the disease?
irele is d name of d disease
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by rose4flower(f): 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dem want 2 steal malokun & its striking any irele indigene will no wat I mean
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
lebienconnu:

The gods are not to blame. Did any of yo kids read that book? Guess no one. Issokay.
I read the book myself. One shouldn't overlook those gods.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by damcqute(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
Still trying to think of what medical syndrome presents with these signs. The swelling of the tongue itself is a mystery.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by ransomed: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
If the victims are all adult, then, they should investigate local gin sellers, i mean, paraga, alomo, apeteshi, sapele water , ogogoro and goskollo. Industrial ethanol shows the same aromatic characteristics of drinkable gin but, deadly exerting the symptom of blindness before death. This is not a disease but, pure food poisoning associated with spiking industrial ethanol with local gin to increase its power and diluted for more profit or should i say drink poisoning? Just from my toxicological point of view and experience. Watch what you eat and drink.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
eltalentino:
Yeah, u are right. I served there and I just confirmed from reliable source. Ayilala things ...that's what is called AIBM (AFRICAN INVISIBLE BALISTIC MISSILES ).
Autopsy carried out has revealed that the dead people were not infected by any disease causing organisms.

Absolute rubbish, people are just very superstitious and stu.pidly fetish. Many murders would not be solved with this sort of thinking.

I didnt expect the cause of this to be contagious or infectious. It's strange for people to just go to bed with news of deaths for some and others inflicted with impaired sights.

Ministry of health should investigate what they ate few hours before they went bed. Whatever caused this might still be in circulation out there while we keep attributing this to gods and deities. Nonsense.
There might be some poisonous substance out there: badly brewed beverage, the type women sell in parks and other places, badly processed food, badly proceeded garri, fufu with taints of cynides or some other poisons.

Whatever that is should be discovered and removed from getting to other people.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by spiralwedge(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
iyatrustee:
Dem collect GEJ money come vote for GMB

The gods of the land don vex for them.

hahahahahahha lmfao
damn, u make me laugh. thanks
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
God have mercy on us all.that sickness must perish dis nightIN JESUS NAME.... Amen!!!
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by xarm(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Operation go and fetch water and pour it on the god
of malokun on going at Irele, nobody wan die even
mama 80

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chibokgame:
Mmmm.
But,
Why are these mysterious cases always coming from the West.
Even Ebola.
very 'inteliigent' deduction! If Oba of lagos say d same abt the east, peepz like yu will be screaming tribalism. smh #Akiolu's kin
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by atookss87: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] This guys has allegedly stolen from "malokun" shrine, and trust the "umale", every one involved will share from it. That's (umale) gods of the land.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Cutehector:
irele is d name of d disease
lol! Irele z d town. No confirmation or base to call it a disease....yet
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Cutehector(m): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeunTayor:
lol! Irele z d town. No confirmation or base to call it a disease....yet
dem tell u say disease get him own name? No be from ebola riva wey d virus dem name am ebola? U sef. Irele is d name of d disease. grin

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by wtfCode: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nnaaa nawaoo...devil will never succeed in jesus name
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
I dont think itz paganism or ignorance to believe deities exist. Unless you think the devil doesn't exist or can't do anything to you cos you are faithful and educated. Ask Mr Job/Ayub (bible and quran).
Still, i'm a biochemist and i can say itz possible it is just a simple case of poisoning.

God help Nigeria. Please Pray!

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Olubachar(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Bobbyjay001:

My in-law has also confirmed it that there is no strange disease in Irele town. She is a native of Irele. People of Irele/Oba/Ondo state government should also address this issue with immediate effect.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by ramdris(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Shai! I can see the nollywood producers already getting their script ready.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by vikyno(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
gbosaa:

Absolute rubbish, people are just very superstitious and stu.pidly fetish. Many murders would not be solved with this sort of thinking.

I didnt expect the cause of this to be contagious or infectious. It's strange for people to just go to bed with news of deaths for some and others inflicted with impaired sights.

Ministry of health should investigate what they ate few hours before they went bed. Whatever caused this might still be in circulation out there while we keep attributing this to gods and deities. Nonsense.
There might be some poisonous substance out there: badly brewed beverage, the type women sell in parks and other places, badly processed food, badly proceeded garri, fufu with taints of cynides or some other poisons.

Guy calm down. Na only you go skool? What the guy is saying is the fact on ground. I left Irele this morning myself and I can tell you authoritatively that it was never a case of any disease outbreak but that of the Law of Karma at work.

I served in Irele as well and I was even privileged to get the news from the locals at popular palm wine tent the first day the incident happened.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by paycash: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
lwise:
This is what actually happened.

There is one deity called 'imale',the'imale' killed a man and his dead body was deposited at the shrine.Some young boys went there to cut the head of the dead body and took one of the idols away.
The'imale' has been killing the boys one after the other.About sixteen people have died so far.

Nothing like a disease OK.

Source:Very reliable source

Not really the caused

Some guys stole deity at malokun temple at ode-irele and according to realiable source the deity is so powerful that even the consultants (abore) must cover their eyes during sacrifice no man sees it survives it.
After three days those things were declared missing this is what was happened to people involved.
The suddenly cry out of total blindness after one hour they died meanwhile it occurred to one of them who said if he confess or not death is death immediately he gave up his ghost.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by eltalentino(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
gbosaa:

I totally agree with u. But as I said earlier this is Africa. I just told u there was an autopsy.
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by lovegeneration(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ebola remix
khalebzy:
Ebola part 2
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by eltalentino(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
vikyno:

Guy calm down. Na only you go skool? What the guy is saying is the fact on ground. I left Irele this morning myself and I can tell you authoritatively that it was never a case of any disease outbreak but that of the Law of Karma at work.

I served in Irele as well and I was even privileged to get the news from the locals at popular palm wine tent the first day the incident happened.
guy what batch n year. U fit be my guy sef
Re: Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
In
vikyno:

I'm glad you said your news source was 'popular Palm wine tent' grin...that's the local equivalent of beer palour news.

Forget school, autopsy might rule out absence of contagion, infection or disease outbreak but it doesn't prove those people weren't poisoned...deliberately through some wicked act or they might just have ingested something that came from possibly same source.

I don't believe your karma story. It is not true. They should not blame it on the gods or some wooden effigy. They are as dead as logs of wood which they are.

Ministry of health should not fold it's hands before that 'karma' takes more lives.

Ebola would have caused more havocs if we all had this sort of primitive and dangerous way of thinking. Just because 99% locals believed people died of karma doesn't make it true. It needs just one 'defiant' man to find the cause and cure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / COVID-19: Madagascar Demands N78,200,000 From Nigeria For Herbal Drugs / Nigerian Boy Whose Joystick Was Chopped Off Has Been Sent Back From India.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.