Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop (6118 Views)

Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / How To Upgrade Gionee Marathon M3 To Android 5.0 Lollipop / Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by ignis: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2015

Lollipop for your variant is available. It's not available in Nigeria yet. If only you know how to use ODIN.
I don't know how to use odin. How long could it be before it comes to Nigeria?
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
ignis:

I don't know how to use odin. How long could it be before it comes to Nigeria?
Could take a while. if you can wait , then no problem.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by ignis: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015

Could take a while. if you can wait , then no problem.
Can it be upto a month?
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2015
ignis:

Can it be upto a month?

Could be more than a month. just be patient. if you knew about ODIN , i would've given you another way in which you can get lollipop for your device.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by ignis: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2015

Could be more than a month. just be patient. if you knew about ODIN , i would've given you another way in which you can get lollipop for your device.

And what's the possible side effect?
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
ignis:

And what's the possible side effect?

Side effects of what ?
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

Cool..... I dunno when it will be available for samsung galaxy s5-international version.....

It is already available as I'm already using it on mine (G900F).

First of all,did you root your phone because you will need to return it to official before you can move it to official 5.0.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

G900h

900H is not international version but 900F is the international version that you can move to Lollipop 5.0.

Anyways,I want to sell my own S5 G900F on 5.0 lollipop which also work with 4G LTE network like SMILE in Nigeria.
Check https://www.nairaland.com/2263744/neatly-used-samsung-s5-g900f for more information if you are interested.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2015

Lollipop for your variant is available. It's not available in Nigeria yet. If only you know how to use ODIN.

You want these guys to brick or even damage their phone?
Don't you understand that there are things to be considered before upgrading using ODIN?
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

You want these guys to brick or even damage their phone?
Don't you understand that there are things to be considered before upgrading using ODIN?

Odin is a safe tool. if you follow the instructions carefully , you'll not brick your phone. I am not heartless and I don't want anyone here to brick his/her device. I'm only contributing to the forum anyway.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2015

Odin is a safe tool. if you follow the instructions carefully , you'll not brick your phone. I am not heartless and I don't want anyone here to brick his/her device. I'm only contributing to the forum anyway.

I know but I'm sure you know anything can happen at any slightest mistake.

Keep up the great work though wink wink wink wink wink
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

I know but I'm sure you know anything can happen at any slightest mistake.

Keep up the great work though wink wink wink wink wink

Thanks man grin
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by braintext(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

900H is not international version but 900F is the international version that you can move to Lollipop 5.0.

Anyways,I want to sell my own S5 G900F on 5.0 lollipop which also work with 4G LTE network like SMILE in Nigeria.
Check https://www.nairaland.com/2263744/neatly-used-samsung-s5-g900f for more information if you are interested.

G900h is the international version.... And i already have an s5 so i don't need another
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by braintext(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

It is already available as I'm already using it on mine (G900F).

First of all,did you root your phone because you will need to return it to official before you can move it to official 5.0.

I rooted it but i can still get it when available via the Samsung kies system app
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by ignis: 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2015

Side effects of what ?
Of upgrading to lollipop via odin rather than OTA
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
ignis:

Of upgrading to lollipop via odin rather than OTA

No side effects. wink

1 Like

Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

I rooted it but i can still get it when available via the Samsung kies system app

On a normal day,you can't upgrade via kies with an android phone,you will need to unroot
it first for it to come to back to official version before you proceed.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

G900h is the international version.... And i already have an s5 so i don't need another

G900H is not international version but G900F is International version mostly available to the european countries.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by braintext(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

On a normal day,you can't upgrade via kies with an android phone,you will need to unroot
it first for it to come to back to official version before you proceed.

And how will i do that
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

And how will i do that

Are you using G900F?

You will need to download and install official version of 4.4.2 kit kat with Odin to completely remove the rooting files.

After then,you will download and install official 5.0 that is compatible with your version using Odin.

If you are in Lagos and you are using G900F,you can come to my office for me to do that for you because I have the files which are more than 4GB for the success of moving your rooted G900F to 5.0 lollipop.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by braintext(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
legalwealth:

Are you using G900F?

You will need to download and install official version of 4.4.2 kit kat with Odin to completely remove the rooting files.

After then,you will download and install official 5.0 that is compatible with your version using Odin.

If you are in Lagos and you are using G900F,you can come to my office for me to do that for you because I have the files which are more than 4GB for the success of moving your rooted G900F to 5.0 lollipop.

I'm not in Lagos.... And also mine is g900h...

...samung lollipop update just have minor changes and reskining
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Zammydagreat(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
am already on lollipop 5.0.2 htc droid dna, hoping to upgrade to 5.1 sooon
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by legalwealth(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
braintext:

I'm not in Lagos.... And also mine is g900h...

...samung lollipop update just have minor changes and reskining

Sorry!
I don't know much of 900 and its upgrading to lollipop.
Just be careful except if you are still under warranty that can even give you a new one if things go wrong.
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Collinz2(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2015
syphs:

I did, everybody who flashed it said there was no bug
don't know what happened to mine
maybe its ur phone
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by braintext(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2015

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/44708/G900HXXU1BOC3_G900HODD1BOC3_INS

Thanks bro...i decided to upgrade it yesterday and I'm running android 5.0 now cheesy
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2015
braintext:

Thanks bro...i decided to upgrade it yesterday and I'm running android 5.0 now cheesy

grin grin grin welcome to the lollipop family
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by kazzonline: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2015
Can we move apps to sd on lollipop? If so what apps/apk apps. shld i use to move?and must i be rooted? Help needed!!
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by neyothunder(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2015
I'm using a Samsung note 4 N910H but is there anyway I can download the 5.0 lollollipop firmware from the Internet apart from sammobile.com. I can't wait for nigeria to update it ..it's taking too long
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by neyothunder(m): 10:14am On May 10, 2015

I'm using a Samsung note 4 N910H but is there anyway I can download the 5.0 lollollipop firmware from the Internet apart from sammobile.com. I can't wait for nigeria to update it ..it's taking too long
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by Avatar(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2015
neyothunder:
if you know how to use odin , download the official firmware for your devices' variant -----> http://samsung-updates.com/details/43962/Galaxy_Note_4_African_Countries/SM-N910H/UPO/N910HXXU1BOC5.html

1 Like

Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by ignis: 10:09pm On May 10, 2015
neyothunder:
Same here
Re: I Just Upgraded To Android 5.0 Lollipop by chidi4eze(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2015
Plz is there any disadvantage if I upgrade my Samsung s5 Sm-G900h os from kiktat to lilopop.. Plz advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mortal Kombat X Thread / Dolphin Returns Woman's Phone After She Mistakenly Dropped It In The Ocean VIDEO / Nokia 2626 & Opra Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.