Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. (58389 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South African Policeman Flees Snake Screaming And Shouting Like A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by PastorOluT(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
This s.a issue is getting out of hand, I saw a pic a an alledged foreigner being burn alive and the cop standing near laughing. I was dombfounded to say the least

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by prizek(f): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
yorke1:
I don't comment on stu.pid thread.
you just did

2 Likes

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by mindhunter: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm!! Fellow Nigerians
Whether the news is stale or not, the deed is still on-going and more of our people over there will still die if we continue to condone this evil.
WHAT DO WE DO?
This is a question that goes on in our sacred minds. Here are a few suggestions;
1. Shut down or close up the operations of south africans here in Nigeria.
2. Round all the the south africans up and kill the number that has been killed in their country not minding their status.
3. Declare war against them and seize their country after victory. (They cannot beat us rara) when we have warring Generals like OBJ.
4. Be diplomatic by sending all the south africans home to settle the whole issue and they should never return until their president calls ours
5. Imply any of the above.

1 Like

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by abokine: 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
You mean he thought he was an Igbo man?
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Adeyinka12(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is a total mess angryThis is a total mess
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Kobeje(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kobeje:
That Nigeria never had any foreign policy is evident I'm all these sad events.

Mtn, dstv, lebanese, etc. all come hete, spread some cash around and bingo, they remain untouchable.

Hoping for a real change this time around.

But fundamentally, the colonial era is still plating out in Nigeria.

1. Nigeria Police and other institutions were established to protect the colonial masters from Nigerians. That's still the spirit of NPF in particular till date. Or how do you explain police killing innocent citizens without any real punishment. But when its vice versa all hell is let loose; people are arrested arbitrarily and bailed with money NY force, else they could die in such detentions.

1. So called business men come around, use our people like animals and pur government do what? NOTHING. Of course money has changed hands. Yet, these people cannot try any of such rubbish in their land.

It's common knowledge how a former president profits from every recharge of a particular GSM company.

OUR LEADERS HAVE BEEN SELLING US FOR GLASS SINCE COLOCIAL DAYS AND THEY HAVE DONE IT TILL NOW.

HOPPING THE REAL CHANGE IS HERE. BUT KNOW THAT IT STARTS FROM YOU AND I.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by pinkycute(f): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
BASTARDS********** Not "Basterds undecided

kilokeys:
basterds....
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by yorke1: 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
prizek:
you just did

Your first post and you couldn't look for a relevant thread to comment on or quote
SMH 4 you!
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by kilokeys(m): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
pinkycute:
BASTARDS********** Not "Basterds undecided

it was intentional
i guess u haven't seen the movie "inglorious basterds''

it has a xenophobic undertone relating to the topic here

most nigerians are aliterates.. so i am not surprised
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by alsina: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gejpresident:
Islam Islam Islam

God why?

U r sick.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by mbhs139(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gejpresident:
Islam Islam Islam

God why?

I'm short of words on how to describe you. May the Lord have sympathy on your soul.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
mbhs139:

I'm short of words on how to describe you. May the Lord have sympathy on your soul.
quote me again and die
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
alsina:

U r sick.
mumu
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by starlingbawa(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
I went out today to pay my DSTV subscription and I was dumb founded when the guy that attended to me, told me the price for premium subscription had gone up to 14K as against 11650 previously.

I find this absurd and view it as exploitation of Nigerians. I can't stand viewing centres hence I wouldn't have gone ahead with the subscription and I certainly hope the government of the day does something ASAP to stop these South Africans from further exploiting Nigerians!
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Beamborla(f): 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
EagleScribes:

You are so right. That is why they won't accept your suggestion too because they prefer the vanity they enjoy than the life of their fellow citizens that ought to be valued
The suggestion is not for them, it's for us(the common man)

1 Like

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by mickyeddi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
talentarena:
NEWS NUGGET - Man who shot South African Lucky Dube says he thought he was a Nigerian.

About an hour after they pumped two bullets into Lucky Dube, the alleged killers returned to where the reggae superstar lay dead to see if any of the bystanders recognised them.

This was the chilling evidence of a state witness, who also revealed on Tuesday that the two men on trial for the murder didn't recognise him and thought he was a Nigerian.

Question- So if Lucky Dube was a Nigerian living in South Africa he deserves to die?

Do you feel our Government have opened up Nigerian market to foreign investors with no protection of Nigerians in same business who can't compete?

Are South African business policies as liberal as ours or more protective of their own?

DSTV went ahead to increase their rates regardless of court judgement. Can they do this in South Africa?

I'm not an economist but should these companies be compelled to retain a certain amount of their profit in Nigeria unlike what we have now where every kobo of their profit is taken back to develop their country from the sweat of Nigerians. We can only speculate how much of Nigeria's money was used in sponsoring the world cup in South Africa.

They come with give employment to a few Nigerian, rip us off with profit and take the money out to develop their country. This has to CHANGE.

While Nigeria has opened up her market the South Africans are killing her citizens in return.

God bless Nigeria.

http://talentarenaafrica.com/2015/04/16/man-who-shot-south-african-lucky-dube-says-he-thought-he-was-a-nigerian/

I still don't understand why Nigerians want to live in a country where they are not wanted.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by EagleScribes: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Beamborla:

The suggestion is not for them, it's for us(the common man)

*sighs* it is well. All we have to do is to hope
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by andyanders: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Let South African companies in Nigeria, start leaving. DSTV is just milking Nigerians by increasing their tariff anytime they wishes.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Texcoco:
On y va?? Avec dire plus Nigeriane.
Il faut apprendre a bien ecrire et parler francais car ce que vous avez ecris est absolument incomprehensible!

1 Like

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by pinkycute(f): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Okay Sir" wink

kilokeys:
it was intentional
i guess u haven't seen the movie "inglorious basterds''

it has a xenophobic undertone relating to the topic here

most nigerians are aliterates.. so i am not surprised
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Beamborla(f): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
EagleScribes:

*sighs* it is well. All we have to do is to hope
Hope and do nothing?

It led us to where we are today.
Even the Bible said faith without work is dead
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Texcoco(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
niyah24:

[s]Il faut apprendre a bien ecrire et parler francais car ce que vous avez ecris est absolument incomprehensible![/s]
C'est moi adroite a parle dan langue je desiree...so shut up.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Gbawe: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
uselessgoat:
NIGERIANS STAY IN YOUR COUNTRY. NO PLACE LIKE HOME. SHIKENA undecided

Many Nigerians do stay in their Country. Yet many have legitimate reason to travel and there is nothing wrong with this either. Are you advocating that it is okay to attack and kill innocent folks going about their business merely because they are thought to be Nigerians? SA should chill with the xenophobia. It is barbaric and backward.

1 Like

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by kilokeys(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
pinkycute:
Okay Sir" wink

aww..i feel awful.. truly, a soft answer turneth away wrath.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by eazy222: 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
So if lucky is 9ja dis is wht SA wil b sayin oh south una no well anyway god no go vess for una
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by lovely17(m): 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
And the fools were complaining about apartheid mtchew
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by Btruth: 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
Charity thy say begins at home. When most of leaders deserted their loving country to go and build so much business in South Africa (i.e refineries), and in turn selling our dignity for the South African companies here at home. Of what good had MTN been doing to Nigerians? No benefit whatsoever, yet out Senators and lawmakers kept romancing them because of the free call credit and some money in return they benefit from them..... what about the DSTV? Anyway, we can decides by ourselves, someone like myself has boycotted both MTN and DSTV, because I don't see any reason throwing my money to the same country that we not even respect it older black African country because of pride. I wept for South Africa....they are more racist than the white.

1 Like

Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by tunnary(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=Beamborla post=32792226]Let's start by destroying our MTN sim and it's okay if you don't renew your DSTV subscription[/quote
God bless u 4dis
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by hijodedios: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Is there no ministry of foriegn affairs in nigeria? whoever is the head of that potfolio should be called by the national assembly to give account of whatever happens to any nigeria living abraod,thats their job and the youths shouid protest whenever these thieves in charge of our politics dont do their job.
Re: – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. by tunnary(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
We retaliate by doin same. Our bad govt caused it. How many citizens of developed countries live in nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) / British Soldier Beheaded In Woolwich, London / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.