Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! (790 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by chattelle(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
This xenophobia rubbish is annoying me, South Africans? If they're killing people, then what is the difference between them and the cruel terrorists killing people, am just fed up, if this was happening in a Muslim community, they will come out and shout 'Muslims are terrorists' now they're saying Xenophobia.
This is sheer Wickedness that shouldn't be coming from people who Nigeria as a Nation and the rest of Africa sacrificed so much for to get independence, Do they think If not for the help of sympathetic Africans, White Men would not have killed half of their population and turn the other half to slaves?
I used to like South Africans a lot but it is now that I realise why God sometimes just put a particular Group of People into Suffering. Very Ungrateful Fellows.
If we're to pay them back in their own coins now, we should go to all dstv and Mtn headquarters in Nigeria and start slaughtering any foolish Kulu kulu named dude now. Very Cruel and wicked set of people..

I have no family member there but this is totally unacceptable, what of the Nigerians living there? Is it fair to them and their family members here?
Lets put ourselves in their shoes.

From a very frustrated Individual.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by Mologi(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sorry take this rap and smoke....of the one took before doesn't have much effect on you

just

saying though...
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by chattelle(m): 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
Mologi:
Sorry take this rap and smoke....of the one took before doesn't have much effect on you

just

saying though...
Obviously if you have a family member there, your response will be different #DumbWeedSmokingHooligan

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by lordthree(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
kulu kulu named dudegringrin dead. nigerians have no chillgringrin
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by delishpot: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
OP, Take it easy ehn, I hope your people over there are safe sha. This thing tire me too nor be small.
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by Kindluv3(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
First level, federal govt please do some now
Second level, if not thing is don my our govt then lead me to
Third level, start destroying their company/properties here in Nigeria
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
For me, we should have seen this coming a long time back but for the corrupt, inept and direction less prism through which the handlers of our foreign policy saw their brief. We failed to seize the golden moment for Nigeria when Nelson Mandela came into his own! Our management of the end of the apartheid years lacked creativity and proactivity so much so Nelson Mandela shut down and went to his grave appallingly disappointed at what Nigeria had become! I commend his utterances about Nigeria to my readers. All things being equal, Nigeria should have been his second home thus affording him and our leaders an opportunity to weld the two countries together for all time as partners and not bitter competitors we have now become culminating in this so called xenophobia.

My views on this issue may not be celebrated but it does indicate the rot goes deeper! For example, how many know that Thabo Mbeki should be able to find his way around Ojuelegba in Lagos unassisted and better than many Nigerians? Truth is, he and several other South Africans who later came into leadership positions in their country lived in Nigeria educated and fed on our bill because the apartheid regime longed to have them for breakfast!

When payback time came for Nigeria at the end of apartheid and commencement of black majority rule in South Africa and Thabo became President we did not leverage at all to have favours done them reciprocated. Instead our knees went weak and buckled at the altar of greed, corruption, avarice and unpatriotic zeal with our leaders cutting private deals with priviledged South Africans to compromise our wellbeing. The South Africans have so far played along as it suits them fine! What with mtn, shoprite, dstv et al reaping our large market to sustain their own economy.

The result was a large exodus of about 800,000 Nigerians to South Africa in search of a better life not in sight in Nigeria. The exodus has till date been largely unplanned, uncoordinated and without well articulated goals to further our homeland interests. Informed South Africans know all these and more - it therefore cuts no ice with them when we scream xenophobia and ingratitude in the face of current unsavoury happenings under review. We need to look inward instead!
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 17, 2015
odeotito:
For me, we should have seen this coming a long time back but for the corrupt, inept and direction less prism through which the handlers of our foreign policy saw their brief. We failed to seize the golden moment for Nigeria when Nelson Mandela came into his own! Our management of the end of the apartheid years lacked creativity and proactivity so much so Nelson Mandela shut down and went to his grave appallingly disappointed at what Nigeria had become! I commend his utterances about Nigeria to my readers. All things being equal, Nigeria should have been his second home thus affording him and our leaders an opportunity to weld the two countries together for all time as partners and not bitter competitors we have now become culminating in this so called xenophobia.

My views on this issue may not be celebrated but it does indicate the rot goes deeper! For example, how many know that Thabo Mbeki should be able to find his way around Ojuelegba in Lagos unassisted and better than many Nigerians? Truth is, he and several other South Africans who later came into leadership positions in their country lived in Nigeria educated and fed on our bill because the apartheid regime longed to have them for breakfast!

When payback time came for Nigeria at the end of apartheid and commencement of black majority rule in South Africa and Thabo became President we did not leverage at all to have favours done them reciprocated. Instead our knees went weak and buckled at the altar of greed, corruption, avarice and unpatriotic zeal with our leaders cutting private deals with priviledged South Africans to compromise our wellbeing. The South Africans have so far played along as it suits them fine! What with mtn, shoprite, dstv et al reaping our large market to sustain their own economy.

The result was a large exodus of about 800,000 Nigerians to South Africa in search of a better life not in sight in Nigeria. The exodus has till date been largely unplanned, uncoordinated and without well articulated goals to further our homeland interests. Informed South Africans know all these and more - it therefore cuts no ice with them when we scream xenophobia and ingratitude in the face of current unsavoury happenings under review. We need to look inward instead!
Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2015
It is not xenophobia op , I 100% agree with you
It is self hate ,
Ask yourself why they are not killing Indians. Chinese, americans ,Europeans, Lebanese, etc living there ? Why only black Africans? Not only they are cowards but they are also suffering from self hate

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!! by chattelle(m): 8:07am On Apr 18, 2015
Kindluv3:
First level, federal govt please do some now
Second level, if not thing is don my our govt then lead me to
Third level, start destroying their company/properties here in Nigeria
Sure Guy

(1) (Reply)

Petition To Ban Trump From UK Tops 100,000 / Liberian President Appoints Son Central Bank Governor / Face Of Orlando Islamic Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.