Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (84677 Views)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2015
[b][/b]
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Asari dokubo ur dogfather, Oduagate ur dogmother, Gani adams ur mentor, fani kayode ur falacy orator, orubebe ur proprietor

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Okudiover(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2015
geedeex2:
You conceded after you exploited every crook means and they all failed.
. Don't mind guilible people what choice did GEJ have if not to conceed defeat? We all know he had his back against the wall. If you watch that concession video you will see a stiff, placid and tight lipped president addressing Nigerins. Even after the concession you all are witness to wht PDP did in the SS and SE in the state elections. So no one can tell me GEJ is a hero (although I don't know his brand of beer). The PDP people after being briefed by GEJ a few days to the state elections went into massive rigging making nonsense of the so called statesmanship of GEJ courtesy of a concession speech. On Saturday Olisa Metuh said that APC should be grateful that they (PDP) conceeded is that not ludicrous? That is the level of mediocrity in Nigeria that I should thank you for paying me salaries that I clearly worked for. Is governing Nigeria the sole right of one party or individual?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by andresia(m): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2015
driand:
bro make God help me bless you front and back,

My bro, wetin man no go see for this country?

Let the charlatans on this thread continue with their praises of a man considered a failure globally.

Only in Nigeria do we allow someone who was sacked from his job cos of poor performance behave like a hero simply cos he took his sack letter and left the premises.

That he conceded defeat shouldn’t have to erase the cruelty and criminality of his and his friends and associates. We cannot continue to live in a society where people are not held accountable for deliberate offenses.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by jenny53(f): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2015
Dannyset:
U shld hav tried not to concede defeat and see what await u.
Nonsense talk.
my friend shut up and talk like a reasonable person if he did not accept defeat souls would have been wasted any1 culd have been the victim of does soul including you or your relative any where in nigeria so think before u yarn rubbish next time becos your sai baba does dnt give a damn about wasting your blood and at the end you wont be able to raise your filty hands on jonah. So shut your trap!

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by skarlet: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
It's funny you are using SSCE in your example. We all are aware that Buhari is a certificateless senile dictator who can't even remember his VPs name grin.

That 'certificateless' dictator OWNS you now. Rabid mongrel!

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 17, 2015
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan has defended his decision to concede defeat to Muhammadu Buhari in the March 28 election, saying he was concerned about allowing his personal ambition scuttle a democratic system he helped nurtured, with the likely consequence of a “collective tragedy”.
Mr. Jonathan said Thursday that he needed to check his ambition, as the consequences of not doing so may have been dire not only for Nigeria, but Africa.

The president made the remarks during separate meetings with the new ambassadors of France, Senegal and Ethiopia. He was responding to commendations for his decision to promptly accept defeat after it became clear Mr. Buhari had won the polls.

“Democracy has to be nurtured to grow. Strong democratic institutions are the backbone and future of our democracy. They must be protected and nurtured. As for me, as a matter of principle, it is always the nation first,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“You need to have a nation before you can have an ambition. It should always be the nation first. You don’t have to scuttle national progress for personal ambition.

“Since I assumed duty, I have been involved in quelling political crisis in some African countries and I know what they passed through and what some are still going through. If you scuttle a system for personal ambition, it becomes a collective tragedy,’’ President Jonathan declared.
Mr. Jonathan urged world leaders and international institutions to give their fullest possible support to the incoming administration of Buhari.
He also called on all Nigerians to do their utmost best to help the incoming president succeed in leading the country to greater heights of accomplishment.

The president appealed for patience, understanding and cooperation, which, he said, Mr. Buhari will need to move the country forward to greater, peace, security and progress.

Speaking with the new French ambassador, Denis Guaer, President Jonathan urged France to extend the support and assistance it gave to his administration to Mr. Buhari’s government.
“President Francois Hollande was our guest in Nigeria during the celebration of Nigeria’s centenary. He has been very supportive of the country in the fight against terrorism. I expect that the same warmth and goodwill will be extended to the incoming government. I expect that France will continue to work with the new administration, especially on issues of terrorism.

“The United Nations has been supportive as well. Our troops, supported by regional forces, have done very well in fighting the terrorists in recent times. What we need now is support to help our people get back their lives,’’ he said.

The ambassadors commended President Jonathan for setting a record of humility, patriotism and courage in safeguarding the democratic process in Nigeria and Africa.

“Nigeria is not only an economic power in the world today, but also a great democratic example. And it is all by your effort, Mr. President. The last elections and your response was truly a great achievement and you will always be remembered for it,” the French ambassador told the President.

Mr. Guaer, the new Ambassador of Senegal, Baboucar Sambe, and the new Ambassador of Ethiopia, Samia Zekaria Gutu, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to President Jonathan, also assured him that they will do their best to strengthen relations between Nigeria and their countries during their tenure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181550-why-i-conceded-defeat-to-buhari-jonathan.html

GEJ shd burial his head in shame.. What's the big deal in conceding defeat that warrants calling him an hero, a failed leader became an hero cuz he conceded defeat is ridiculous! What whd u have called him if he had rescued the chibok girls? If he had given us stable electricity? Built refineries? Create maximum exployment? Tackled corruption to d bearest minimum and others what wld u have called him?? He is NO HERO, he is simply a humble LOOSER!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by lexy2014: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
It's funny you are using SSCE in your example. We all are aware that Buhari is a certificateless senile dictator who can't even remember his VPs name grin.
are u aware as at d time "certificateless" buhari joined d NA in 1961,d NA was still under d control of d Royal Army and T/4 there were no sentiments or double standards with regards 2 minimum entry requirements?are u also aware that in 1962 buhari attended Mons Officer Cadet School UK?are u also aware that he attended d Army mechanical transport school UK?are u aware that he is an alumni of d defence services strategic college india and d US army war college were he obtained a msters in strategic studies from d latter? Are we talking about d same buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by jimsy87: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2015
kodded:
fooooooooool angry

undecided

The way you guys painted jonathan. That he is a fruad, he is coRrupt, he is power drunk, he willnt let go of the power, he will rig, he will make sure buhari government is ungovernabe, he will rather set nigeria on fire than to lose the seat, he is wicked, he will never concede defeat..........so many more
Jothan just vindicatEd himself and made you guys silly allegation to be false now the world has realize he was innocent but one propaganda party willnt make the world see it

...Mumu undecided ...
He is a great man and also a wish man, may God bless him for Nigeria o
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 17, 2015
Politically, Jonathan did not do so well. He allowed a lot of people to overshadow him; yet he was called a hero.

I wish those people could understand what a hero is.

What Nigeria needs right now is a strong leader who can withstand pressures and keep people on their toes, while doing a good job for the country.

We're all one and should work hard for the nation to progress.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2015
wyqay:
I am a mumu

K
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 9:02am On Apr 17, 2015
melvin0004:
Gej dnt want trouble. ...he was rigged out by apc....he accepted defeat 4 peace sake. ....gej is a hero.

K
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 9:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Franzeez:

You don't need to bold your comment to make it relevant.

Let's see what MY DRUNKARD FATHER who is a RETARDED JOBLESS MAN would do.

Please do not insult your father on a public forum angry
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by designexploit(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2015
andresia:
Raabbish!

Chai! Children of anger are just quoting me and insulting their fadas!

These simpletons expect so little from their leaders and if they do dat little, they shower these mediocre leaders of theirs with encomiums.

Should or could GEJ have done otherwise than concede defeat? Noooo!

So why all these stories of martyrdom or heroism?

E no go better for you... are you better than France president and others. You must be a foreigner for you to talk like this, you this misplaced African... better you go back to your country o, goat angry
andresia:
Raabbish!

These simpletons expect so little from their leaders and if they do dat little, they shower these mediocre leaders of theirs with encomiums.

E no go better for you... are you better than France president and others. You must be a foreigner for you to talk like this, you this misplaced African... better you go back to your country o, goat angry
andresia:
Raabbish!

andresia:
Raabbish!

E no go better for you... are you better than France president and others. You must be a foreigner for you to talk like this, you this misplaced African... better you go back to your country o, goat
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Chrisoh: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2015
You are the best Gej
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by namdo(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2015
presidency no be moi moi. Let us pray and hope Gen. Buhari succeeds in keeping Nigeria secure, creating jobs through boosting industrialization, sanitizing our educational systems (private schools dey everywhere derailing school system), etc. If not then many would wonder if we are not retrogressing by then.

May Our New President receive anointing/grace to lead positively. cool grin
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by ihatesycophant(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
The country is bigger than anybody's ambition. Your ambition cannot override the plan of God for the country. Democracy allows or gives room for a loser or a winner. If you lose, it's expected you concede defeat and not make story of it and if you win, it is expected to be magnanimous in victory. The story of Gbagbo serves as deterrent for Jonathan to follow. If you like concede defeat or not. Gbagbo's treatment await erring president of any country in the world. ICC await anyone that breach or foment trouble or cause judicial killings.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by designexploit(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
geedeex2:
You conceded after you exploited every crook means and they all failed.

Yes we agree, but na who rig pass for this election. This is how you want to fight the CORRUPTION... ass hole!!!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by WILSON(f): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2015
A P C MEANS ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by pero45: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2015
doctokwus:
Deceive those u can but not me.
U are nurturing democracy but used d military to rig in ekiti governor,Fayose.
-U are nurturing democracy but used wike and your wife to scuttle free/fair elections in Rivers; delta,Akwa Ibom and any place u could find thugs and d military willing to do your bidding.
U are nurturing democracy but tried all u cud using cronies to scuttle d card reader.
Discerning minds know your game and its this simple:for people to have a soft spot for you when your atrocities and your brazen rape of Nigeria starts being revealed when you leave office.

Ur head is not correct oooooh.,,,,,,,,so If APC wins its free and fair but it PDP wins then its rigged ......GUY Common sense no dey common u get?
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by andresia(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2015
designexploit:

E no go better for you... are you better than France president and others. You must be a foreigner for you to talk like this, you this misplaced African... better you go back to your country o, goat

I have said it severally; PDP e-goons are bitter lot and failures.

keep on with the vituperations.

Raabbish!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by hola106(m): 9:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Story for the gods u concede defect cos u loose to ur opponent so don't bring blabla

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Exactly what does ambition means?Aspiration right?Ok na.He would said his SELFISH AMBITION is not worth the blood of Nigerians cos there's nothing wrong in being ambitious or you wanna encourage NFA things ni
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by denasolutions(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2015
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan has defended his decision to concede defeat to Muhammadu Buhari in the March 28 election, saying he was concerned about allowing his personal ambition scuttle a democratic system he helped nurtured, with the likely consequence of a “collective tragedy”.
Mr. Jonathan said Thursday that he needed to check his ambition, as the consequences of not doing so may have been dire not only for Nigeria, but Africa.

The president made the remarks during separate meetings with the new ambassadors of France, Senegal and Ethiopia. He was responding to commendations for his decision to promptly accept defeat after it became clear Mr. Buhari had won the polls.

“Democracy has to be nurtured to grow. Strong democratic institutions are the backbone and future of our democracy. They must be protected and nurtured. As for me, as a matter of principle, it is always the nation first,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“You need to have a nation before you can have an ambition. It should always be the nation first. You don’t have to scuttle national progress for personal ambition.

“Since I assumed duty, I have been involved in quelling political crisis in some African countries and I know what they passed through and what some are still going through. If you scuttle a system for personal ambition, it becomes a collective tragedy,’’ President Jonathan declared.
Mr. Jonathan urged world leaders and international institutions to give their fullest possible support to the incoming administration of Buhari.
He also called on all Nigerians to do their utmost best to help the incoming president succeed in leading the country to greater heights of accomplishment.

The president appealed for patience, understanding and cooperation, which, he said, Mr. Buhari will need to move the country forward to greater, peace, security and progress.

Speaking with the new French ambassador, Denis Guaer, President Jonathan urged France to extend the support and assistance it gave to his administration to Mr. Buhari’s government.
“President Francois Hollande was our guest in Nigeria during the celebration of Nigeria’s centenary. He has been very supportive of the country in the fight against terrorism. I expect that the same warmth and goodwill will be extended to the incoming government. I expect that France will continue to work with the new administration, especially on issues of terrorism.

“The United Nations has been supportive as well. Our troops, supported by regional forces, have done very well in fighting the terrorists in recent times. What we need now is support to help our people get back their lives,’’ he said.

The ambassadors commended President Jonathan for setting a record of humility, patriotism and courage in safeguarding the democratic process in Nigeria and Africa.

“Nigeria is not only an economic power in the world today, but also a great democratic example. And it is all by your effort, Mr. President. The last elections and your response was truly a great achievement and you will always be remembered for it,” the French ambassador told the President.

Mr. Guaer, the new Ambassador of Senegal, Baboucar Sambe, and the new Ambassador of Ethiopia, Samia Zekaria Gutu, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to President Jonathan, also assured him that they will do their best to strengthen relations between Nigeria and their countries during their tenure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181550-why-i-conceded-defeat-to-buhari-jonathan.html

GEJ had exhibited examplarily what a good leader should be!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by kodded(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2015
lastpage:

You know it never cease to amaze me when Jonathan tries to sell this "Mr. Nice" dummy to Nigerians.... granted, people from the East can buy it hook, line and sinker simply because they are blinded by Tribalism/Ethnicity..... but to try to sell this "snake oil" to others, is the hieght of effrontery on the part of Mr. Ebelete Jonathan.

You only need to catalogue his actions BEFORE and DURING the elections, both DIRECT and the ones he ordered INDIRECTLY, to know exactly the kind of man he is.

I repeat, Jonathan is such an EVIL PERSONA that even Satan The Devil is envious of him.

For example, when those Chibok girls were kidnapped, parents and villagers kept MONITORING their Kidnappers and where the girls were kept and for 14 good days, they keep informing Govt of the girls LOCATION (you know it is not easy to hide nearly 300 goats, not to mention grown up girls!
Jonathan was aware and from his WICKED HEART, he decided not to act. He knew if he quickly acted, we will recover the girls and the matter will come to a quick end but he wanted the matter to prolong itself so he can use it for "political capital" as we say.
Today, the girls have been abused, all raped, some pregannt, some dead, some gone mad and all scattered in small groups in about four different countries bordering Nigeria such that any meaningful recovery is impossible!
Even up to a day to the Presidential election, Mr. Jonathan was still lying to Nigerians that the girls would be recovered by the next day (election day) unfailingly so much so that he brought and painted an Aeroplane in the Gren-White-Green colour, to purpotedly bring the "recovered" girls to Abuja!
https://www.nairaland.com/2254550/cant-promise-government-find-missing

U CLAIM JONATHAN HAS DONE NOTHING ABOUT THE CHIBOK GIRLS ............WHAT DID YOUR BUHARI SAID CONCERNING THE MISSING GIRLS ?

Now, as per conceding defeat, Mr. Jonathan is once again playing dumb and dumber with Nigerians.

Naturally, when you lose election, the ONLY sensible thing to do is to concede defeat. Doing so is "No Biggy".
But then, it was obvious, except to his "ethnically blind" supporters, that he will lose, is losing and has lost the election.
https://www.nairaland.com/2229066/president-jonathan-accepts-defeatcalls-buhari
https://www.nairaland.com/2252046/3-parties-call-cancellation-rivers
https://www.nairaland.com/2251685/apc-carrying-out-horrible-protests
https://www.nairaland.com/2222684/breaking-news-amaechi-protest-absence
www.nairaland.com/2256658/amaechi-replies-obanikoro-not-congratulate#32728684

PLEASE TELL ME DID BUHARI CONGRATULATE JONATHAN IN 2011 ELECTION ?
TELL ME ANY APC GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE THAT ACCEPT DEFEAT IN THIS 2015 ELECTION ?

Jonathan conceded because he was AFRAID of the "other option".
He knew everyone, including the international community were just waiting for him to start trouble so they can beat some sense back into his head.

*Was it not Jonathan who was arming the Creek Militants, with as much as a warship and they were threatening to burn Nigeria down, if he lost? Did he for ONCE CAUTION them to STOP? No, rather, he edged them on.
*Was it not the same Jonathan who cam to Lagos to embrace, fund and instigate the OPC? Do you know how many people OPC, and other "Jonathan-funded" hoodlums killed in Lagos before and during the last elections? Did he for once caution them? No!

*Was it not Jonathan's wife, that fat, illiterate slob called Patience, who was engineering al the violence in Rivers State? Did Jonathan for once, call her to order? Again, No!

*Was it not Jonathan who used the military to intimidate his opponents, from citing an armored tank in front of Tinubu's house in Lagos, to harassing sitting Governors in Edo, Rivers, e.t.c?
*Was it not the same Jonathan that used the military to rig elections in #Ekitigate?

Contd below

Lastpage!

https://www.nairaland.com/2229066/president-jonathan-accepts-defeatcalls-buhari
https://www.nairaland.com/2260522/why-conceded-defeat-buhari-jonathan
https://www.nairaland.com/2260415/jonathan-urges-world-leaders-support

i gAVE YOU THIS LINK FOR REFRENCE PURPOSE CAUSE I LIKE ARGUING WITH EVIDENCE BY MA SIDE\

YOU CLAIM HE USES MILTARY TO INTIMIDATE THE OPPOSITION/............DIDNT YOUR BUHARI KILLED INNOCENT NIGERIANS WITH THE SAME MILITARY ?
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by nkemjacob2(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2015
stronger:

Homie, homie. . speak English son. Speak English! WTF! Flawless? Dude, you talking Bey?
u no go school mr. Man
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2015
angelsing:
He was not the one who started it but FAYEMI of Ekiti...I have not seen anyone call him a Nationalist

You must be sentimental... Both are Nationalist to the core....
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2015
[size=48pt]GEJ, YOU LOST.
ONLY A CRIMINAL WILL NOT CONCEDE DEFEAT AFTER LOSING A CONTEST. [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2015
nkemjacob2:
u no go school mr. Man

K!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by geeluck1(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2015
Its a pity How des myopic minds throwing tandem at his 'Excellency' do not understand de fragile nature of de Nigerian state and what Mr. President saved us from..hence tend to liken it to SSCE candidate...

What a high level of ignorance and lack of understanding of times n seasons !

If they care to know or be reminded, Nigeria was at verge of breaking up...which would have been de case had Buhari n his undemocratic followers lost

Be grateful to God n to this man...unless u'r a great fool![color=#550000][/color] wink
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by chernest2002: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
andresia:
Raabbish!

if gej have not conceded you may be the first to be killed by buhari boys you never know
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by teebaxy(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2015
Keneking:
Sore loser...
Lost due to greed for power...
Lost due to incompetence in tackling insecurity, economic woes and weak leadership.
Lost to a supreme candidate
Lost to poor campaigns
Lost to cluelessness on issues relating to corruption and impunity.
Lost to numerical strength in opposition.
Lost for postponing the election by 6 weeks.
Lost due to poor campaign teams.
Lost due to spouse control and influence on your personhood over affairs of the country.
Lost due to his inability to power our homes effectively in the last six years...nonsense
lost due to some wicked souls that hav promised to make his govt ungovernable...which made u and I voted in to avoid another 4 yrs of fresh attack. I will always advice my children to adopt the method of jonathanrism rather than buharism and killing innocent souls in f quest for power. #lettherebepeace

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.