Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (84690 Views)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Blackblood247: 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
You never wanted to be Gbagboed out of office i guessed.

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by NZEGWUAGU(m): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Please most of you semi-illiterates should not stop thanking Jonathan for conceding defeat in a massively rigged election. If he had not conceded defeat would it not have been low-lives like you that would have died? Well it is clear some of you who have been tired of life are not happy with jonathan for not allowing people to kill you and end your miserable lives. We are monitoring all of you and any attempt for any of you to commit suicide will be strictly resisted. Be warned!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dannyset:
U shld hav tried not to concede defeat and see what await u.
Nonsense talk.
War Monger!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nicepoker(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
garrix8:
Nonsense!!!

You sit for SSCE and make F9 parallel, you accept the result and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

Your house rent expires, you move out almost immediately and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

You lost an election, whether you concede defeat or not you must leave by May 29th. Anything else is bunkum.

Jonadunce is eternally foolish.

Mtscheeeew
u are taking it too far. Governance is not an easy task. If u are given an office to manage don't be surprise that u may fail woefully. If u observe nigerians that are living comfortable don't give a damn about GEJ. Go get ur self busy and forget about all these politicians. They are all the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by discusant: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
You were cowed, overwhelmed, considered yourself a misfit, and never even campaigned for reelection, talk less, contesting the election.

You even refused to tell your supporters that you we're not keen on contesting the election.
The Fayoses who didn't know that you were not keen on contesting for second term are already bearing the brunt of your cowardly tilt.

Now see how low you are leaving the country, apparently because you could not be man enough, or you want to leave the government cage, as you recently described it, to go and enjoy life in privacy.

Your cluelessness may have taken Nigeria back to many decades more of civil, or even possible military dictatorship and back ward development.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by anwe: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
My President My President
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by betty202020(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan has defended his decision to concede defeat to Muhammadu Buhari in the March 28 election, saying he was concerned about allowing his personal ambition scuttle a democratic system he helped nurtured, with the likely consequence of a “collective tragedy”.
Mr. Jonathan said Thursday that he needed to check his ambition, as the consequences of not doing so may have been dire not only for Nigeria, but Africa.

The president made the remarks during separate meetings with the new ambassadors of France, Senegal and Ethiopia. He was responding to commendations for his decision to promptly accept defeat after it became clear Mr. Buhari had won the polls.

“Democracy has to be nurtured to grow. Strong democratic institutions are the backbone and future of our democracy. They must be protected and nurtured. As for me, as a matter of principle, it is always the nation first,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“You need to have a nation before you can have an ambition. It should always be the nation first. You don’t have to scuttle national progress for personal ambition.

“Since I assumed duty, I have been involved in quelling political crisis in some African countries and I know what they passed through and what some are still going through. If you scuttle a system for personal ambition, it becomes a collective tragedy,’’ President Jonathan declared.
Mr. Jonathan urged world leaders and international institutions to give their fullest possible support to the incoming administration of Buhari.
He also called on all Nigerians to do their utmost best to help the incoming president succeed in leading the country to greater heights of accomplishment.

The president appealed for patience, understanding and cooperation, which, he said, Mr. Buhari will need to move the country forward to greater, peace, security and progress.

Speaking with the new French ambassador, Denis Guaer, President Jonathan urged France to extend the support and assistance it gave to his administration to Mr. Buhari’s government.
“President Francois Hollande was our guest in Nigeria during the celebration of Nigeria’s centenary. He has been very supportive of the country in the fight against terrorism. I expect that the same warmth and goodwill will be extended to the incoming government. I expect that France will continue to work with the new administration, especially on issues of terrorism.

“The United Nations has been supportive as well. Our troops, supported by regional forces, have done very well in fighting the terrorists in recent times. What we need now is support to help our people get back their lives,’’ he said.

The ambassadors commended President Jonathan for setting a record of humility, patriotism and courage in safeguarding the democratic process in Nigeria and Africa.

“Nigeria is not only an economic power in the world today, but also a great democratic example. And it is all by your effort, Mr. President. The last elections and your response was truly a great achievement and you will always be remembered for it,” the French ambassador told the President.

Mr. Guaer, the new Ambassador of Senegal, Baboucar Sambe, and the new Ambassador of Ethiopia, Samia Zekaria Gutu, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to President Jonathan, also assured him that they will do their best to strengthen relations between Nigeria and their countries during their tenure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181550-why-i-conceded-defeat-to-buhari-jonathan.html
GEJ IS A HERO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Abugab(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
A day is coming when Nigerians would wish GEJ had won this election. CHANGE MY FOOT

Go and sleep, people like you are beclouded by petty sentiments. What do u mean by Nigerians will regret GEJ not winning, what are your premises?
He lost and win conceded and that is the spirit of sportsmanship and if he had gone the other way, it would have been the Gbagbo's treatment for him and he knows that.

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by abdulsegun: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gej is a good democrat...
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by grabs(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
doctokwus:
Deceive those u can but not me.
U are nurturing democracy but used d military to rig in ekiti governor,Fayose.
-U are nurturing democracy but used wike and your wife to scuttle free/fair elections in Rivers; delta,Akwa Ibom and any place u could find thugs and d military willing to do your bidding.
U are nurturing democracy but tried all u cud using cronies to scuttle d card reader.
Discerning minds know your game and its this simple:for people to have a soft spot for you when your atrocities and your brazen rape of Nigeria starts being revealed when you leave office.
Tinubu slave like you, what do you know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by lilcashking(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
A day is coming when Nigerians would wish GEJ had won this election. CHANGE MY FOOT
what is these one sayn?

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by ifihearam: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
As a president some of you hated. He conceded defeat you still hating. He is giving room for smooth transition you are still hating. What do you idiots want again?v

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Intendy: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
geedeex2:
You conceded after you exploited every crook means and they all failed.
not just that,he also discovered he lost most states he won in 2011.eg S/W region(Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,ondo,north central eg Benue,kogi,kwara,.
And you still expected him to win.
who will protest for him in this places?
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by micrep3030(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gej too sure for u
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Ekugbeh(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
How many likes 4 GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
My ambition is not worth the blood of any citizen of this great nation. GEJ 2015

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by ademoladeji(m): 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Weldon Mr GEJ...
Wanna say thank you for being honest....

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by datribune: 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Good riddance. Never again shall we allow a kleptomaniac near our national treasury.

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
geedeex2:
You conceded after you exploited every crook means and they all failed.
Low life. No sense, just empty skull!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by ticom(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
You need to have a NATION before you can have an AMBITION -GEJ. Some careless ones never thought of this.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Children of Anger are still bitter even after winning election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nicepoker(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nigerians who are living comfortably don't even care about the government. But all this lazy nigerian youths keep abusing the govt any how. Go get ur self busy pls. No body forced ur parents to gave birth to u.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Raymondif: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
garrix8:
Nonsense!!!

You sit for SSCE and make F9 parallel, you accept the result and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

Your house rent expires, you move out almost immediately and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

You lost an election, whether you concede defeat or not you must leave by May 29th. Anything else is bunkum.

Jonadunce is eternally foolish.

Mtscheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
linusbnn:

I am retarded. I have no functioning brain cells! PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE!!

That's fine. Your secret is safe! wink
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Bossboy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Enjoyment for the people, igbadun for the nation!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Isangad1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Oooooh Jes. true talk
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by mjames: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
doctokwus:
Deceive those u can but not me.
U are nurturing democracy but used d military to rig in ekiti governor,Fayose.
-U are nurturing democracy but used wike and your wife to scuttle free/fair elections in Rivers; delta,Akwa Ibom and any place u could find thugs and d military willing to do your bidding.
U are nurturing democracy but tried all u cud using cronies to scuttle d card reader.
Discerning minds know your game and its this simple:for people to have a soft spot for you when your atrocities and your brazen rape of Nigeria starts being revealed when you leave office.

You dey vess so!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by cluksy(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
NobleAky:
Non of my Business

I like ur sig "If you want to praise Caesar, hire Mark Anthony but if you want to kill Caesar hire Brutus!'"
If you want to kill Brutus hire Mark Anthony.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by kento15: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Equalizer or whatever ur fake name is, don't be 2 quick 2 judge because u hv only seen Jonathan rule but u hvnt seen ur so called Supreme Buhari rule, let's all wait n see how tinz unfold b4 we call names. I pity ur personality.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
A great leader, but as usual Nigerians will never realize until much later; they voted for an ex military Islamic dictator whose lust for power has never been tempered by any form of decorum, soon they will be crying for GEJ to come back but already they've sold their birthright to the Islamists for a bowl of porridge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Abba Kyari Building A Mansion In Borno, Offered Neigbour ₦70m - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.